Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

138 | Key West, FL

138 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

Chelsea · Married on 01/01/2016

Destination Wedding Studio was such a life saver and made our wedding day absolutely perfect! My fiance' and myself began planning our wedding solo and quickly found out how overwhelming the entire process can be. Our destination wedding was being held at The Reach Resort over 1500 miles away from where we live so the planning process can be difficult when doing so blindly. We used the Day Of package which was great because we had a solid few months prior to the wedding where Peggy stepped in, listened to our vision and handled every single detail for us up to and during our entire wedding day. We were so impressed with her attention to detail and to our tastes that we used her team to handle decor as well.

The wedding planning process can be daunting which I feared would leave me a ball of stress for my actual wedding day. Peggy changed that expectation entirely. I did not have to handle a single thing as she already had all communication, planning and details handled. She managed every step of the process and when I started to worry about something going wrong, she anticipated it and prevented any sort of issue from arising. She was the one that made our day nothing less than amazing and we truly appreciate all of the time and effort she put into making our day, genuinely magical.

Sent on 01/16/2016

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Wow! Thanks for such a glowing review! So much gratitude and it was our honor!!

We were unbelievably fortunate to happen to find Peggy and her team through an online search... Just the first phone conversation with her was enough to realize we had found the right person for our dream wedding. We had never been to the Keys before and having someone there who knows it in and out that you could trust was godsend... She was like a close family member that was well experienced and honest and straightforward with us through the whole process... Honestly couldn't imagine anyone else could do a better job... She is a tireless and meticulous at her job and was there late at night and early in the morning and was always there when we needed her and stepped out of the spotlight when it was our time...

Sent on 01/27/2016

Thank you, thank you!

Jill · Married on 11/07/2015

My wedding venue, Southernmost House, requires a wedding planner as part of the contract. I selected Destination Wedding Studio mainly for economic reasons. That being said I am very happy that Peggy and her team were watching over my wedding.
    Peggy worked within my budget to make my wedding and reception an elegant and beautiful event. The team went above and beyond to handle last minute issues i.e. guest registry, tailoring mishaps, crazy bride :)
    Thank you Peggy, Penney, Chuck and Rich for making our day Awesome!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Rebecca · Married on 11/06/2015

To sum up our experience with Peggy in a few words, she is now family. There's nothing better than turning to your bride at the end of the wedding day and hearing her say, "This was the perfect day". Peggy took our vision of what we wanted our wedding to be, and made it a reality down to the very last detail. We will carry all of the incredible memories derived from the relentless work Destination Wedding Studio put in to create our fairy tale wedding for the rest of our lives. I cannot say enough about how great Peggy and her team are, and will happily speak to anyone considering a planner about our experience. Thank you so much, Peggy! Words cannot express our gratitude.

Sent on 12/19/2015

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio was the best $ spent on our wedding. I was a bride that had an idea of what I wanted but needed some help bringing it all together and Peggy did just that. She thought of details I never would have come up with on my own and kept things perfectly organized for a flawless event day of. I was married at the Casa Marina and had planned for an all outdoor reception but the weather that day was questionable and I was left with the stressful decision to move the reception indoors or take the chance of getting rained on. One of my biggest concerns about moving indoors was that I had not ordered chivari chairs, as I liked the white wood ones that were going to be outdoors and I had a minor meltdown to say the least. However, Peggy was there for all the emotional support I needed and on top of everything she worked with the Casa Marina and surprised me and brought in the chivari chairs the day of! I was brought to tears again, this time of happiness, when she walked me over to the ballroom and showed me the most beautiful room I had ever seen! The wedding turned out better than I could have ever imagined and I truly have her and her generosity to thank for that. If you want to ensure a flawless wedding and not have to worry if things don't go according to the original plan day of, Peggy is your lady! She is kind and organized, and like her website says she truly watches over your heart. You won't be just another event if you choose Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio!

Sent on 11/12/2015

Melissa · Married on 09/26/2015

Peggy and her husband are the absolute best to work with. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/28/2015

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2015

My wedding was held at the beautiful Biltmore hotel. I needed a good wedding planner to help me plan the most important day of my life. I am so thankful I was directed to Peggy and her team for help. Having an international wedding was very challenging,I had to plan it all by phone and email but ,Peggy and her team helped me in every detail and my wedding is being called a " dream wedding " I have no words to thank Destination Wedding Studio for all their help. I recommend Peggy to any one looking to have a wedding in Florida !

Sent on 10/05/2015

Jessica · Married on 09/12/2015

Let me start by saying I could go on for DAYS and DAYS how much I love Peggy and her team! But I am going to keep this short and sweet. I was one of the weddings that Hurricane Irma decided to destroy...and I only found out 3 weeks before the BIG day...please take note that I was not the ONLY bride that Peggy had to deal with during this time...MANY BRIDES lost their venues. Peggy stood by me and helped me from the first meet and greet (when i totally fell in love with her) all the way until my big day on November 5th, 2017! I am soo happy and fortunate that I chose Peggy and her team to help coordinate my entire dream wedding! I would look NO FURTHER when it comes to quality of service, responsiveness, professionalism and her recommendations for all aspects of the wedding industry - Peggy has it DOWN! Peggy will always hold a special place in my heart! Thank you Destination Wedding Studio for all that you did for John and I!

Sent on 11/14/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

This was one of the sweetest reviews we have ever received. Thank you, thank you, thank you from the bottom of our hearts. Big squeeze and deep gratitude, Peggy and the team :)

Christina · Married on 09/06/2015

I would like to start by saying THANK YOU to the woman who made our day so magical & fantastic that all I had to do was show up & say "I do"!!!! I started this process a year ago & found Peggy from weddingwire alone! I was a little apprehensive but saw that she got such great reviews so I had to reach out & contact her.

We signed our contract & I found out that my type A personality was very aggressive & demanding & her very passive & creative personality was not the easiest combination for me being so far way in London & trying to put together a very very very personalised & thoughtful wedding & reception for our guests that I had to stop, take a breath & take a step back & trust that it would turn out just as I had wanted & guess what........... IT DID!!!!

Peggy came through with every detail & on point in every way! I literally did not do anything but enjoy my wedding day as every bride should! I even asked her to add things on the day & she showed up at our B&B that morning with all my requests ready & waiting. She went above & beyond & took on all the stress in planning that I can't sing her praises loud enough!

I had a VERY SPECIFIC vision & personally put together 80% of all the details & she was able to grasp that vision & enhance it & make it PERFECT!!!! I wish I had used her to plan my welcome reception as that was the only thing that went horribly wrong but I'm totally beside myself that our wedding day couldn't have been any smoother, easier or more fun than it did with Peggy at the wheel!

I had a lot of details that I wanted both at the ceremony & then moved to the reception. I had photos that needed to be in certain places. I had party favors that were so specific & needed to be in a certain order, I had decor & chairs that had to be a certain way, I had fans & glasses that I wanted put in specific places.... I could go on & on about how much I drove her bonkers with my vision but want to hug her for being so phenomenal! Thank you!!

Sent on 09/15/2015

Alyssa · Married on 09/06/2015

Peggy and her team were awesome! I hired them just 2 months before our wedding and did their "day of" package since I had most of my vendors already booked by then. I thought I had all my planning under control and that I could do it myself without a planner but I was SO wrong. I wish I had hired them from the beginning of my planning process to help me especially since our wedding was a destination wedding and out of state. I honestly think it would have been impossible to pull off the wedding without them. Everything went perfect, they took care of everything and I would have been totally lost without them.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Kim · Married on 08/19/2015

Peggy Russell was awesome. She helped us plan our beach wedding in Key West and everything turned out perfect. Peggy helped us organize all the details from reserving the location to having a glam squad come to our room. She even performed the ceremony with the most touching words. I highly recommend Peggy & all of her team.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you Kim for your sweet review of DWS and Peggy's work on your wedding! It was such an hour to be a part of your very very special day! Deep gratitude for your review...
    The DWS Team

Emily · Married on 06/27/2015

Peggy was absolutely wonderful. I live in Vermont, so planned my middle Keys wedding from afar. Peggy was a trusted source for recommendations on vendors (florist, photography, cake, music etc), many of whom I wasn't able to meet before the big day. Her design sense was also exceptional. From our conversations, Peggy was able to get a sense of what I liked and how I wanted the day to feel, and executed it beyond anything I could have imagined. She consulted me along the way, and was very responsive to what I liked or disliked. She delivered a stunningly beautiful wedding that gave my guests the exact experience I hoped for. Artist and playful, with some traditional/elegant touches while also honoring the 'tropical' locale. It was romantic and so beautiful. Peggy handled all the details, which allowed me, my family and all my guests to enjoy the day and the wider wedding planning process.

Sent on 08/10/2015

Mackenzie · Married on 06/20/2015

I can not say enough about Peggy. She was so helpful and took care of everything with a calm demeanor, which allowed me to take a deep breath and enjoy the weekend! I was told by several family members and friends that planning a wedding for seven hours away isn't always the easiest of things to do - it was both easy and enjoyable with Peggy by my side!! Thanks Peggy, for turning our dream wedding into reality!!!

Sent on 08/26/2015

Jade · Married on 06/06/2015

I used Peggy for a day of wedding planner but it was actually more like a month of! Peggy met with me several times and we had many phone and email conversations. Peggy was laid back and gave me confidence that she knew exactly what I wanted! She had many great ideas but was also completely willing to do whatever we wanted. Because of her attention to detail, I knew that on the day of our wedding I would not have to worry about a thing - and I didn't! I had my hair & make up done, took pictures, etc. and didn't look at my phone once. We came out for the ceremony/reception and everything was set up perfectly - exactly how we had talked about! Peggy's husband was great as well and assisted with much of the set up/break down. After the wedding, everything was taken care of including returning all our items to our parents rooms. I would HIGHLY recommend Peggy to anyone. She was so easy to work with and helped make our dream wedding come true. It was more beautiful then we could have imagined and everything went perfectly!!

Sent on 06/15/2015

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you Jade for this sweet review! It was such an honor to work with such a beautiful couple! We wish you all the love and happiness in the world. Many congratulations, Peggy and DWS Team

Kristy · Married on 06/04/2015

Peggy Russell was an absolute joy to work with. I spent over the better part of a year with correspondence through e mail and phone conversations(which is unusual now days). She is so professional and weddings are her craft. We had a small wedding, but she made our family feel so important and was so attentive. She answered all of my many, many questions promptly without fail. She went over and above to make sure we had a beautifully decorated reception and even added some of her own pieces. I highly recommend her for your wedding needs...rest assured things will run smoothly ...all we had to do was show up!

Sent on 06/25/2015

Kristy · Married on 06/04/2015

One word for Peggy Russell and Destination Wedding Studio: AMAZING. She made our wedding experience at the Casa Marina unforgettable and did it with so much ease. She is a master at her craft and was a total pleasure to work with! Although we planned a relatively small wedding (20+) guests, she provided an incredible level of detail, attention, and patience. She was always easy to communicate with and was very responsive to our requests. We are forever grateful. We would highly recommend her as an event planner in this area. Very satisfied.

Sent on 07/06/2015

Peggy was amazing!! She was very detail oriented. She had great recommendations for last minute, local vendors. We had some challenges with the event venue, and she was able to step in and work with them to insure everything was executed perfectly. I really enjoyed working with her.

Sent on 05/26/2015

Karina · Married on 04/25/2015

Peggy and her team were great! They took all my bride-on-a-budget ideas and helped me create an absolutely gorgeous ceremony and reception. I had so many friends tell me it looked like something out of a movie! I was so delighted when I arrived and saw all my ideas and planning unfolded EXACTLY as I had imagined! For the day of event, Peggy's awesome team Penney and Chuck were onsite to make sure everything flowed properly....they were both so friendly and accommodating! I was beyond happy with destination wedding studio and would highly recommend them ( especially if you are On a budget and need some help with creating a wedding that 'looks' like you spent a zillion dollars...Peggy had such great and affordable ideas!)

Sent on 05/13/2015

Peggy was fantastic to work with. From her professionalism to her experience and thoughtful ideas, we could not have been happier with the experience. She was on top of, and in tune with, all of our ideas and created an incredible scene for our wedding. Her help the months and weeks ahead of time, and her direction the day of our wedding made it exactly what we had hoped for. She recommended some great vendors in Key West and ensured that we got exactly what we wanted to make our wedding day the best it could be.

Sent on 04/06/2015

I cannot sing Peggy's praises loudly enough; she put me at ease from day 1 & carried us through the frenetic planning process with grace & a smile. My husband Matt & I work long hours in New York, so we needed a planner if we were to pull off a halfway decent wedding in Key West. I reached out to all the area planners; Peggy was the first to respond and the only one to call me directly. I loved her instantly, she wholly grasped my vision and was eager to help from the start. I veer toward the Type A side of the personality spectrum as is; planning a destination wedding propelled me into anxiety overdrive. Peggy was patient & reassuring throughout, meanwhile she orchestrated vendor introductions, helped to hammer out contracts, suggested creative approaches when I was beside myself after running out of ideas, hounded the radio silent on our behalf, and generally kept the entire process (and me) in check. Matt & I went down to Key West in October to meet with our vendors; Peggy coordinated our visits, drove us all over town and spent hours just getting to know us. We arrived home feeling confident & relatively worry-free; under Peggy's ever-mindful guidance, I rode that unexpected wave of calm all the way back to Key West for the big to-do. Peggy was beyond accommodating as our wedding approached. She & her saintly husband Chuck picked up the waters & oranges for our welcome bags. When I opened the box of 2 dozen picture frames I had shipped directly to Key West and found 2 dozen packages of Silly Putty, Peggy miraculously produced even better frames in which she arranged all our family photos. We rented a margarita machine; when our caterer refused to work it (insurance reasons), Chuck stepped in & served frozen drinks at our reception. Our wedding was beautiful & seamless. We received so many superlative compliments. I suspect Peggy is superhuman: energetic, resourceful, thoughtful, gracious, professional. We are forever grateful to Destination Wedding Studio!!

Sent on 01/31/2015

Michelle · Married on 11/11/2014

Destination Wedding Studio was one of the best decisions I made for our wedding day. Planning a wedding from a far can be very nerve racking, but knowing you have someone to count on takes all the stress away. My husband and I wanted a romantic intimate beach wedding with toes in the sand the entire time! And that is exactly what we had. Peggy understood our vision down to every detail. She even went beyond to make small details stand out even more. When we walked in to the reception we were beyond taken back by how truly magical it looked and most important how it felt. The creativeness and again detail that Peggy and I had spoke of came to life!!!! I cant express how much working with her meant to us. After all said and done I miss chatting and emailing with Peggy, it felt like she became part of the family! She loves what she does and it sure does show. I wish we could relive our day over and over again. A special "Thank You" goes out to Destination Wedding Studio ;-) One Love

Sent on 12/03/2014
  • W

Wendy · Married on 10/13/2014

Phenomenal!
    We were planning the wedding from overseas and as I am a bit high-strung we knew we needed a wedding planner. We researched many of the planners for the Keys and contacted a few via phone/email to vet them. It was my husband who first spoke with Peggy and right away he was confident she was the right planner for us. I was skeptic as he was very budget conscious so I thought he was voting for her because her rates were more reasonable. As soon as we spoke with her together I felt at ease and knew she was the best planner for us. We selected her “Lady in Waiting Package” about 10 months before our date. She assisted us with selecting vendors, provided checklists and questionnaires that guided our decisions and kept us on track. She is the most responsive person I have ever had the pleasure to work with, seriously, I was always amazed that despite the international time zone differences there was hardly ever a delay in response from her! We were fortunate that our planning visit to the area coincided with a wedding show during which we got to meet with Peggy as well as other vendors. Peggy took excellent care of us throughout the entire process. I wanted a destination wedding that included a lot of personal touches and details. Peggy not only understood this but respected and embraced it and used her creative talents to bring my vision to life. She respected I was working with a limited décor budget and came up with solutions even more beautiful than I could have dreamed. The day of was stress-free for me as the Bride as well as my family and wedding party because Peggy and her team had provided detailed timelines and had the set-up and vendor coordination all under control. Throughout the reception she kept things flowing as we had requested and made sure our guests were signing our guestbook. After the reception her team packed up everything and delivered it to our room. Our day was better than we could have dreamed! Thank you Peggy!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Brooke · Married on 10/12/2014

Peggy from DWS helped me not only create a vision for my wedding day, but an EXPERIENCE that my guests were able to share with my now husband and I. She not only helped me put together an amazing professional look to the wedding events - guests thought my wedding was >$100k! - but, more importantly, Peggy helped add more meaning and thoughtfulness to the entire event. To give an example, I wanted a Japanese theme for the ceremony because Japan was a favorite place we’d traveled. But when I talked with Peggy, she asked "but what did Japan and your travel TOGETHER mean?" After taking time to thoroughly talk this out, Peggy helped me incorporate a very meaningful symbol in our lives, the lotus flower. Instead of focusing on a "Japanese theme", I was focusing on explaining the symbolic meaning of the lotus flower in our relationship. Every detail was covered, from gifting my bridesmaids Lotus Flower necklaces, to having Rob's sister read "the meaning of the lotus flower" during the ceremony, displaying lotus flowers in our flower arrangements, to including it on our ceremony programs. By the end of the wedding, all our guests understood how meaningful the lotus flower was to us, and I believe, anytime our guests sees a lotus flower, they will remember sharing our special day. I believe this aspect of wedding planning is probably the most important, but overlooked aspect, in creating a truly special event. I can't thank Peggy enough for being willing to get more involved than the superficial planning of details and brave enough to challenge my vision. I'm sure there are plenty of planners out there with a good eye for decor, but how many would put in so much time to add real meaning for each individual couple. Peggy truly does care about her couples and their experience, and I cannot thank her enough for her creativity, thoughtfulness, attention to small details, and genuine good heart! THANK YOU so much Peggy! We love you!

Sent on 10/21/2014

Katy · Married on 10/06/2014

Peggy was absolutely amazing! My best friend used her and I have to say- she got every detail perfect! Paige's wedding was everything I believe she and her now hubby wanted it to be. It was indescribably beautiful, personal and intimate. She went above and beyond to give Paige and Gregg an amazing, memorable and stress free wedding.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Paige · Married on 10/05/2014

Words cannot even begin to describe how great my wedding was. Peggy was so detail oriented and it really showed at the reception. She received so many compliments from my guests, everyone was stunned and shocked over the details. Peggy was VERY accommodating and available throughout the planning process, there were numerous phone calls back and fourth to plan. She even offered to meet me when she visited family close to where I lived. She was able to set up a mock table at a near by Pier 1 Imports so I could get a good feeling for how it would look. She really helped me add our own personal story throughout the wedding which was truly special! The wedding was very personal and both the groom and I were able to tell our story of how we met and our journey at the wedding. The entire process was seamless and I honestly could not be more happy with the way things turned out!! Thank you so much Peggy!!!!

Sent on 10/08/2014