Destination Wedding Studio Reviews

138 | Key West, FL

138 Reviews for Destination Wedding Studio

Christina · Married on 11/18/2017

Nov 18th, 2017 - Jersey Bride - Key West Wedding

I honestly don't know where to start. The whole wedding process can be a bit stressful however everything pulled together perfectly and I know it was because I hired the right wedding planner. Prior to talking with Peggy (Destination Wedding Studios) I made a few other phone calls but was constantly rushed off the phone. What a relief when I finally got Peggy on the phone. Our initial conversation was about 30 minutes talking about ideas and options, going through photos and discussing my vision. She completely understood what I wanted and my goodness, she pulled it together perfectly. Her design was exactly what I dreamed about and more.

A quick note to a new bride. No matter who you hire as your planner you will have to contact different vendors (DJ, photographer, hair and make-up) and find who works best with you. Peggy does provide a vendor list however take the time to research. Once you hire everyone Peggy will take over. She will set timelines with everyone and will communicate with everyone for the big day. Your only job will be to show up at the wedding. This was such a relief because once I arrived in Key West I did not want to do anything except enjoy my vacation and my wedding weekend. In terms of your wedding design please let her do her thing. I promise you wont be disappointed. She picked out the most beautiful chargers and linens and design elements. Everyone at my wedding said it looked like a pintrest wedding. Peggy also hooked me up with a fantastic florist (Monika with Duarte Floral Design) who I highly recommend. Peggy and Monika worked simultaneously together designing hanging structures, center pieces, lanterns.

Even with the stress of Hurricane Irma we pulled through and that weekend was the best weekend of my life. I am so grateful for Peggy and her team - xox Penny :) for making my entire weekend a weekend to remember. I can't believe it's over.

Sent on 12/05/2017

Laura · Married on 10/17/2017

It is as simple as this...Peggy is worth her weight in gold, diamonds, platinum...you name it! There is nothing easy about planning a wedding, however when doing it thousands of miles away from the intended venue there can be a few spanners in the works to keep you on your toes. The biggest of these spanners being hurricane Irma. Myself and my now husband, Andy, had always planned to get hitched in the Florida Keys. A slight snag in our planning was that we live in Northern Ireland. This meant finding the perfect wedding planner was always a necessity, and no-one was recommended as highly as Peggy Russell. Her sense of style, vision and simply her personable nature made everything easy and straightforward. From our first conversation Peggy made me feel at ease and I knew we were in a very capable pair of hands. Everything was running smoothly, until 4 weeks prior to the wedding Irma devastated our venue and suddenly we had 50+ people flying from the UK/Ireland with no wedding to attend. Peggy to the rescue! With the help of the staff at our original venue (Hawk's Cay Resort) a new location was found and sussed out by Peggy within days. When it looked like we would have to abandon our wedding in paradise, Peggy was always at the end of a phone or email offering support and reassurance. She turned everything around within 48 hours, having met with the event staff at the new venue (Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne - who I also could not praise enough) and found new vendors. At the outset Peggy promised me my 'dream wedding' and despite everything, she MORE THAN DELIVERED! If you are looking for a wedding planner, then I suggest look no further. Peggy is dynamic, creative, professional and all round fabulous.

Sent on 11/05/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Laura, Laura, Laura... this is the sweetest review! Oh, what a whirlwind it was but in the end, a most wondrous and absolutely memorable night. Big squeeze and deep deep gratitude for your words.

Meghan · Married on 10/07/2017

Peggy went above and beyond her role as our Day-Of Coordinator. We began weekly phone calls to discuss details and the timeline about 2 months before the big day.

Hurricane Irma hit Key West less than a month before our wedding and for a couple weeks we didn't know if we would be able to pull it off. Peggy was absolutely amazing in calming my nerves, easing my stress, and even found us a Plan B venue just in case.

Luckily we were able to get married in Key West and Peggy totally brought my wedding day vision to life! She is so talented, kind, organized, creative and has the biggest heart. We can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio enough for making everything so perfect!

Sent on 10/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Meghan thanks for this review. Your wedding was perfect and thank you for trusting us on what will arguably be one of the most memorable days of your life. Big squeeze, Peggy and the Team
  • Sara

Sara · Married on 09/21/2017

Destination Wedding Studio made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Let’s see…Where do I even begin?! My husband and I have been in awe over how incredible our wedding day was because of Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio! I have heard from so many of our guests how beautiful the wedding was, how impressed they were, and that not one detail went untouched.

Peggy has been so wonderful from the very start of us contacting each other! She put up with countless questions, emails, calls, and texts and I can’t thank her enough for her kindness and patience. She caught my vision and guided me to the absolute perfect wedding day.

Originally my husband and I were to be married on September 21, 2017, but mother nature had other plans for us! About two weeks prior to our wedding Hurricane Irma hit the Keys. I was devastated, but could not have been in better hands than Peggy's. She contacted me before, during and after the hurricane, all while evacuating and not knowing what was left of her home and business. Peggy has been there to help see us through every step of the way! I don’t know how to express her how much her patience, understanding, guidance, and support has meant to us over the past two years! I remember going and back and forth with her a million times after Hurricane Irma trying to decide just what to do. Peggy knew my vision and helped guide me to make the perfect decision to make my wedding day even more incredible than I could have ever imagined!

On October 28, 2018, I remember my dad and I walking out to start our walk down the aisle. The door opened cueing us to begin and I looked out over the ceremony and it was more than I could have ever imagined! I was stunned! I could not have dreamt up a more beautiful wedding! The arch standing so eloquently overlooking Hawks Cay Channel, the placement of the signage, the flowers, the anchors, and everything was just perfect! I remember looking over at the reception area while we were walking down the steps and seeing the slate blue linens flowing in the breeze, the centerpieces were so unique and different than what I imagined in the best way! I had this overwhelming feeling of calmness when I stepped out and saw all of this because after over two years of Peggy and me planning, the time had FINALLY come and my vision (so much better than my vision) had come to life!

Peggy truly made this once in a lifetime experience so incredibly special for my husband, myself, and every single one of our guests!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Jess · Married on 08/26/2017

I will go ahead and echo everyone who has reviewed Peggy and her team at Destination Wedding Studio, they made our day simply amazing! I am a CONTROL freak, and super anal retentive so I can tell you she is quite adept at dealing with multiple personalities and she has an amazingly calming presence!

Planning a destination wedding can be tough, and Peggy was able to outline every detail prior to for us to make sure all of our i's were dotted and our t's were crossed. She does a majority of the weddings at Hawk's Cay so we felt at ease with how well they knew the staff and the property as well.

I had a general idea of what I wanted, but Peggy was able to reign in all the images I had in my head to create an extremely classy design! She has the vision you need whether you want to retain some or most of the creative control or you would like her to take care of it completely! She was also AMAZING at helping me work within my decorating budget.

We had some very minor issues pop up during the event and they were able to handle them without us even realizing it was happening! On top of that they took care of our family as if they were their own! Can't say enough about Peggy and her husband, such amazing people with the biggest hearts!

Sent on 10/24/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you for the sweet review. It was such an honor to be a part of your most beautiful day. Deep deep gratitude, the DWS team

Amy · Married on 06/10/2017

Destination Weddings was an amazing event planning organization to work with. They brought our wedding vision to a reality and it was such a joy to work with Peggy Russell. She knows how to get things done, is flexible, reliable and a true joy to work with. It was a phenomenal experience.

Sent on 08/16/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you Amy! Such sweet words! Sending you all so so so very much love and happiness.

Gabriela · Married on 05/17/2017

Our wedding was perfect thanks to Peggy Russell of Destination Wedding Studio.
    We had the most beautiful wedding. Peggy is very professional, kind and lovely to work with. Peggy took the time to learn our story, which made us feel blessed.
    We wanted only the best and the wedding planning and design far exceeded our expectations. Being perfectionists we knew planning our wedding would be a difficult task but Peggy was very accommodating and worked with us down to the finest detail all from the other side of the world. Peggy brought our dream wedding to life and words can’t express how perfect everything was. Peggy gave great advice and everyone who attended was extremely impressed with the result. The organization was impeccable and made our special day so relaxing, it was a dream come true. Peggy and her team made our wedding magical.

Sent on 06/02/2017

Gabriela,
    This is such a sweet review! Thank you thank you from the bottom of our hearts for allowing us to be a part of your big day. Wishing you and James so so very much love! Peggy and the DWS Team

Kate · Married on 05/07/2017

There aren't enough words to express my gratitude and happiness for all of the work done by Peggy at Destination Wedding Studio. I referred to her as my "superhero" because that's exactly what she is...she can do it all! I planned my Key West wedding almost solely via the internet as my husband and I live in London. I picked the "lady in waiting" package, which was perfect for me because I liked being as involved as possible but also needed a lot of advice having 1) never done this before! and 2) being so far from Key West, I appreciated having someone be my "boots on the ground". Peggy was always available, whether by email or phone, and somehow was always awake when I needed her! The time difference was no issue and she was always there for a (very) early morning call if I needed to talk something through. She is extremely creative, kind and an amazing sounding board. I imagine at times she felt like my therapist (wedding planning was more hectic than I thought!), but she was always happy to help and extremely reassuring. Peggy also has great relationships with all of the local vendors, so definitely take her advice on who is right for you. When she says "they are the best", they truly are! The day of the wedding was more than a dream come true. It was better than anything my husband and I could've imagined. I definitely think it's worth having Peggy help with decor, especially if you're like me and not 100% sure what you wanted (I only had a basic vision). The decor was absolutely stunning and executed perfectly. All of my guests raved that it was the most amazing wedding they had been to...and I can't thank Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team enough for it! Absolutely magical...THANK YOU!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Kate,
    Somehow I'm just reading this now. SO honored! Thank you for the glowing review. All my love, Peggy

Laurie · Married on 04/29/2017

I will be echoing everyone else's sentiments here and say that Peggy and her team are fantastic. Peggy's design sense is unparalleled and her ability to understand my vision at the very beginning meant that every detail was executed to a tee. More importantly, she has a "can do" attitude that put me at ease and made the planning process much more pleasant. The DWS team made my wedding come to life in ways I could have never imagined and I can honestly say that they were invaluable to my sanity and enjoyment the day of. I highly recommend Peggy and her team, they were hands down the best investment I made!!

Sent on 08/04/2017

Laurie,
    What a beautiful review! Thank you so much! And thank you for trusting us on what will inevitably be one of your life's most memorable days. Sending lots of love and gratitude, Peggy

Laurie · Married on 04/28/2017

Sent on 08/04/2017

Barbara · Married on 04/02/2017

We first met Peggy as a planner for our intimate wedding package at Hawks Cay Resort in November 2016. She was so caring and responsive and planned everything so nicely that we hired her for our "bigger" reception in April 2017 in Hemingway Home.
    And I must say Peggy is a true artist, she has exquisite taste and she did the most beautiful and tasteful decorations I've ever seen. My husband is from the hospitality industry himself, so he had very high standards in table settings, but he was so happy with what she did, and our guests were amazed and everyone took pictures of the table and floral arrangements! We both were so pleased working with her, she is almost like an auntie or a close relative that takes such a great care of you and she definitely became someone very meaningful to us throughout the process. She also helped us to pick perfect vendors, we were satisfied with everyone.
    Highly recommend Peggy for weddings in Keys, which she is extremely knowledgeable about.

Sent on 04/25/2017

Barbara and Pallava,
    So much gratitude for this review and it was my pleasure! Wishing you a lifetime of love, beauty, creativity, friends, laughter, and everything in between.
    Peggy

Amanda · Married on 03/11/2017

From the moment we found our venue to the day of our beautiful wedding, Peggy from Destination Wedding Studio was with us every step of the way. As a bride who didn’t necessarily know all the details that I wanted and also didn’t have a specific “vision” in mind, Peggy was able to make me feel at ease and bring together the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen (I may be biased but our guests thought so too!). Every detail was perfection and meaningful to us as a couple which was something that was very important to us. Our intimate beach reception looked like something straight from a magazine and it was more than I could have ever hoped for.

Every vendor we chose during the process had the same response: “I love working with Peggy” and my husband and I were able to see that the way that everyone came together and worked so seamlessly the day of the wedding. The week before the wedding all vendors were contacted by Peggy with timelines and locations and I did not once have to think about whether someone would be there , who was meeting them or what location they were going to be in. As a bride it was the least stressful experience I could have imagined.

I can not recommend Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio team highly enough. Their mission statement “we will watch over your heart” could not be truer. I am so thankful I trusted Peggy with our “heart” to bring together the gorgeous beach wedding of our dreams.

Sent on 03/16/2017

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

What a most heartfelt review Amanda. Deep deep gratitude for your trusting in us. It was such a joy to be a part of your big day!

Heather · Married on 02/26/2017

Coming from Maryland I knew that I would need a wedding planner to help with my wedding in the Florida Keys. I am so happy and grateful that I came across Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio! I never had much of a vision for my wedding day, and Peggy did an incredible job of turning my vague ideas into an amazingly beautiful wedding. Despite the fact that I gave her very little direction, my wedding ended up looking like something from Pinterest or a bridal magazine! Not to mention, there was very little stress and effort on my part. I kept wondering what I was doing wrong- shouldn't I be feeling more stress?? Peggy was always accessible to me via phone and email, despite my odd work hours. Peggy took great care of us, and all I had to do on the day of was show up to my wedding on time. No worrying about vendors, flowers, or anything else. Everything went flawlessly and my guests were in awe by the wedding table. I can tell that Peggy treats each wedding as if it were her own family's! Truly my only regret is not getting in touch with her before I spent hours and hours searching for the right venue in Florida. I really cannot say enough about Peggy and would encourage anyone who is planning a wedding in the Florida Keys to use her services.

Sent on 03/23/2017

Peggy and the Destination Wedding Studio were great! From the first time I met Peggy, she understood our vision completely; it was meant to be. Her architectural background really makes her special, as she understands the space, has great taste, and a keen eye. We mostly worked over the phone and via e-mail and everything still turned out perfectly. The wedding turned out amazing, and everyone is still talking about it months later!

Sent on 03/20/2017

what a sweet sweet review! thank you so much! <3 <3 <3

June · Married on 11/12/2016

As the mother of the bride, I was blown away by Peggy's professionalism and thoroughness. She was calming and assured me that she was going to handle everything. I was able to enjoy my daughter's wedding and know that all the details were taken care of.

Sent on 12/15/2016

Brooke · Married on 08/06/2016

We chose Peggy and Destination Wedding Studio because when I called around to talk to wedding planners, Peggy was the only one who immediately started helping me, without the promise that I would be using her. The other recommended wedding planners gave me their prices and would not answer any questions when I was feeling most anxious about my wedding which I was trying to plan in a mere three months. Peggy is very creative and an incredibly flexible. She has great ideas and good suggestions for vendors. I chose the "day of" package but Peggy spent countless hours communicating with me via email and phone calls before the big day (I think she prefers phone calls) . I didn't have to worry about anything on the big day, as Peggy had it all under control and I had developed a trusting relationship with her by that time. My only regret is not inquiring more about her "design package", as I have seen beautiful pictures of the weddings that she has designed (florals, table settings, etc.), and I was really stressing about designing my own florals and table arrangements without any experience! Even though I didn't have her design my wedding, she did help to adjust the flowers as needed for the reception, which was above and beyond! Thank you Peggy!

Sent on 12/08/2016

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you Brooke for the sweet review! It was such an honor to be a part of your big day and know that your words mean so much to all of us here at DWS! Best wishes on a life full of so much love and adventure!

Robbin · Married on 07/28/2016

Peggy is wonderful. I felt like part of her family. I was able to relax and enjoy my day.

Sent on 08/02/2016

Thank you Robbin <3!

karen · Married on 07/16/2016

Peggy and her team did an awesome job as our wedding planner, everything went off without a hitch. I would advise anyone that is having a wedding in the keys to hire this vendor for all your wedding planning, you wont be sorry. The destination team takes all the stress out of the wedding day and gives you and your family the flexibility and time to enjoy all the wedding bliss!

Sent on 07/24/2016

Karen...
    Thank you for the kind words! Deep deep gratitude that you chose DWS to be a part of your once in a lifetime, wedding day! Peggy

Kristie · Married on 06/24/2016

Peggy Russell and the Destination Wedding Studio team made our wedding day more magical than we ever dreamed. Peggy was amazing from the very first phone call and responded to my inquiry immediately. We were looking to keep our wedding intimate, simple, and within budget. Other than that, I wasn't too concerned with details like the color of the chargers or the exact flower type in my bouquet or style of chair cover we used. I had seen some of Peggy's work online and just by talking to her and hearing about her background in design, I knew she could take my (somewhat vague) vision and make it happen. She asked for some of my wedding inspiration, so I sent her pictures of my dress, screen shots from Pinterest and Etsy - a total of about 8 pictures. From that point, I TRUSTED Peggy to make all design choices. She chose the florist and rental company and worked with them to make my vision happen. When I arrived at the Hemingway Home on my wedding day the setting literally took my breath away. It was perfect. Right down to the last detail. She is a true artist. And allowing Peggy the artistic freedom to make design choices, allowed me to focus on and enjoy my engagement rather than become stressed with small details. I would highly recommend Peggy and the DWS team to anyone looking to get married in the Keys.

Sent on 06/28/2016

Oh Kristie...
    Your day was truly beautiful and unforgettable! Thank you for giving me the artistic freedom to make your day as magical and memorable as possible. It was an honor. Much love, Peggy
  • Kait

Kait · Married on 06/18/2016

I don't even know where to begin. Working with Peggy and the team was such an amazing experience. We were taken through every step with such care and detail making our big day such a stress free event!

You will have a consultation with Peggy to start things off. She has a whole check list of items that you probably didn't think of and makes sure that you get exactly what you want. We selected the day of package which is not just day of and it was perfect for us.

The week before the wedding, Peggy was always able to be reached and was very involved. I felt so taken care of and stress free that I almost felt like I was doing something wrong lol

I would highly recommend this service to any bride coming from out of town. They know every resort and vendor and will make great recommendations for you. We can't thank you guys enough!

Sent on 06/27/2016

Jessica · Married on 04/21/2016

Peggy was the best. She was so calm and organized throughout the entire planning and day of process. Having her be part of my wedding was perfect because I never had to stress about things getting done or coordinating anyone. She communicated with all of my vendors so everyone was on the same page and allowed for a great flow to the wedding. I highly recommend having a planner for at least the day of and Peggy was definitely the best choice for us.

Sent on 05/25/2016

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Thank you so much Jessica for this sweet review! It was such an honor to oversee you on your most special day. Here's to a lifetime of love and happiness!

Nicole · Married on 03/19/2016

Words cannot express how lucky I was to work with Peggy. I read a lot of reviews online and spoke to many different planners on the phone and ultimately decided on Peggy. She was so easy to talk to and I was completely confident that I chose the right person due to her experience and knowledge of the Keys. So many planners that I spoke to seemed to be planning multiple weddings each week and felt like I would just be another wedding in the mix. With Peggy, I never felt as if she was too busy and I always felt like a priority. I hired Peggy for her concierge services which was basically full planning and design. My fiancé and I picked our venue and Peggy helped with everything else. She gave me excellent recommendations for all of my vendors and I was able to do additional research on them and make the ultimate decision. I had an idea of what I wanted my wedding day to look like but Peggy was able to put it all together and make it beautiful. There is no way my wedding would have been half of what it was if she was not my planner. She has a great eye for detail and designed the most elegant beach wedding. Peggy was very easy to get in touch with during the entire planning process. She responded very quickly to emails, texts and set up phone calls when needed. The day of the wedding Peggy was there early and handled everything. I was not stressed at all on the day of the wedding and everything was extremely organized. I absolutely loved working with Peggy and would highly recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner. She felt more like a friend/family after working with her for so long and you could really tell that she loves what she does. It was obvious that Peggy cared about us and making us happy with the outcome instead of just doing her job to get a paycheck. And honestly, I feel like I gained so much more from her services than what I actually paid and she well exceeded our expectations! - Nicole and Jaike

Sent on 04/18/2016

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Nicole this review just made our day! Thank you thank you thank you! It was so much fun being a part of your journey. We wish you a lifetime of love, happiness and bright new adventures!
    The DWS Team

Stephanie · Married on 03/05/2016

I can not say enough good things about Destination Wedding Studios and Peggy. From the first time I spoke with Peggy I knew we were in good hands. She treats you and your wedding as if it is the only one she is planning. I genuinely enjoyed working with Peggy but even just talking with her and getting to know her was wonderful. So much so that when we needed an officiant it seemed like such a logical choice to have Peggy as I really got to know her and I feel she got to know us and it just made our wedding day that more special. It can be stressful planning a wedding and even more so when it is a destination wedding and you can't be there to check out everything for yourself in depth. All the vendors Peggy recommended where amazing and thanks to Peggy we were able to have the perfect wedding that we wanted. I HIGHLY recommend Destination Wedding Studios if you want to have a stress free and perfect wedding!

Sent on 05/19/2016

Natalie · Married on 02/19/2016

Peggy was awesome! She took any stress off of our big day! She let me be creative and helped fuel it for the perfect day. We owe her a ton for making everything so special and helping us to be able to actually partake and enjoy our wedding day.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Thank you Natalie!

Kara · Married on 01/02/2016

Mrs. Peggy is a dream! Not only is this wonderful lady great at what she does ( and i mean great - like whatever you're probably thinking x10 at least) she also knows everyone else to put you in contact with. It didn't matter what crazy idea I had or who I needed for what she was listening and then she was on it. Everything I imagined and or expected was exactly what I got if not better. She was also very nice to work with. I felt like i was working with a friend/mom more than a business associate.

Sent on 03/17/2016

Destination Wedding Studio's reply:

Kara, this is such a wonderful review! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts! Wishing you a lifetime of LOVE! The DWS Team