Desserts By Dana Reviews

97 | Newark, DE

97 Reviews for Desserts By Dana

97 Desserts By Dana Reviews

Angela · Married on 06/23/2018

Dana took our vision for our wedding cake and made it even better with his creativity! It was delicious and our guests are still telling us how we had the best wedding cake they ever tasted! We were so pleased with the whole process!

Desserts By Dana 1

Lyndsey · Married on 06/08/2018

Our cake was the first thing we booked in our wedding planning process. We knew exactly what we wanted it to look like and who we wanted to work with. Our tasting was absolutely delicious and we were able to pick out everything we wanted that day. I knew I wanted a giant cake even though our guest cap was 80 people. When Dana's team came back with our first "draft" I told them I wanted it to be BIGGER. And they did a great job accommodating this crazy lady and her big cake dreams. It was now big enough to feed 230 guests. The day of went as smoothly as possible and my giant cake was the biggest hit of the night. Everyone raved about it from how it looked to how it tasted. I told the staff at the venue that I didn't want those tiny slivers of cake that people usually get at weddings. I wanted big cake slices and I wanted to encourage guests to try multiple flavors (each layer was a different flavor: vanilla, strawberry, orange and lemon with white chocolate mousse filling). It went so well that the groom and I each only got one piece and no leftovers :( We'll be coming back for more cake on our upcoming birthdays and anniversary next year. Many thanks to Dana and his team for our perfect summer citrus cake!

Desserts By Dana 2

Rebecca · Married on 05/27/2018

We came in with an unusual cake topper and a very general idea of what we wanted for the cake and he hit a Homerun! All our guests raved about the cake, how it looked as well as how it tasted! I'd include a picture of the cake but I don't want anyone to steal our idea.

Jenni · Married on 11/25/2017

We were so happy with the way our cake turned out! Wish i had a picture to post right now. It was beautiful and delicious. We had lemon raspberry for one layer and chocolate mint for the other.

Nichole · Married on 09/01/2017

We are so happy with worked with Dana for our wedding cake and dessert bar. When we got to the reception we saw how beautiful the cake looked, and we were in awe. Dana and his team handled all our requests and modifications without a problem. Our cake wasn't simply beautiful and perfectly designed...it was also...DELICIOUS :) We are still getting compliments on Dana's cake and all the yummy treats he made for our dessert bar. We will go back to Dana for all out future cake and dessert needs!

Marline · Married on 07/27/2017

From the first time we met Dana we knew we wanted to book him for our wedding cake. He did a great job with the design and the cake tastes so good!!! We even had a dessert table display and his team did the set up and break down.

Nicole · Married on 07/15/2017

We scheduled a meeting with Dana discuss weddings cake details. Dana is very nice and really knows what he's doing. On the day of the wedding my looked beautiful and was delicious. Would definitely recommend this bakery for any event.

Ashley · Married on 06/10/2017

My husband and I were so lucky to win the $1,000 wedding cake at the Dover Bridal Expo May, 2016. Our cake tasting was such an enjoyable experience! The cake was amazing and after we got cupcakes. Our Wedding was June 10, 2017 and our cake was better than I would have ever imagined. Everyone loved the cake! Afterwards we weren't told what to do with the Cake holder and they were nice enough to go pick it up for us! I would recommend them to anyone! Can't wait to use them fore future occasions.

Sent on 06/28/2017

Desserts By Dana's reply:

Thank you for this nice review. Wishing you many many years of happiness -Chef Dana

Anna · Married on 05/06/2017

Desserts by Dana was one of the cake vendors we were able to select for our wedding package with the White Clay Creek country club and we couldn't be happier with our decision to use them! We had a cake tasting that went great and we met with the owner Dana which we appreciated that personal touch! We were also excited to learn that this was a black owned business as we always try to support other black business owners. We had an amaretto flavored cake with white chocolate icing and omg it was sooooo delicious!! It had fondant and normally I don't eat fondant but the way he made it you could eat it since it wasn't hard or plastic tasting. I found a pic of a cake I loved on Pinterest and he was able to recreate it exactly! All of my guests raved about the cake even my aunt who has worked on bakeries for over 30 years. I surprised my sister with her own vegan chocolate cake also made by Dana and it was so delicious! I couldn't believe it was vegan. I highly recommend this baker!!

Sent on 05/27/2017

Desserts By Dana's reply:

Anna it was our pleasure to work with you and congratulations. Wishing many many years of happiness. Thank you for the kudos. Love, Chef Dana
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 04/29/2017

Our wedding cake was perfect! We went into our tasting and consultation with only a slight idea of what we wanted, and our consultant was able to help us narrow it down and decide on cupcakes with a personal one-tier to cut into, complete with scrollwork, beading, and fondant lettering to make it our own. We were able to choose 4 cupcake flavors (we went with lemon, marble, almond, and red velvet - all got great reviews by our guests), and we chose chocolate cake with tiramisu filling for our personal tier which tasted amazing.

Desserts by Dana created a beautiful cake for my wedding! It was exactly as I imagined!! The cake tasted wonderful (almond with Bavarian cream)! Dana and his team were very easy to work with and very helpful!! Would use again!

Christina · Married on 09/30/2016

Our Tiffany Blue themed cake was the talk of the wedding! It was picture perfect.

Sent on 03/22/2017

Desserts By Dana's reply:

Thank you for the feedback and kind words. Wishing you many years of love and prosperity Chef Dana

Sarah · Married on 09/17/2016

Desserts by Dana did our wedding cake as well as my Grooms cake. Both absolutely delicious and Beautiful I loved the detail on both especially my husbands Grooms cake. He is a volunteer firefighter and I asked the bakery if they could do a hose/fire helmet as the cake with my husbands fire company info on it and it turned out amazing! Everyone loved it including my husband! Thank you so much for the beautiful cakes!

Bekki · Married on 08/07/2016

Our wedding care turned out beautiful!! It was exactly what I asked for and more. And it tasted more amazing than what we remembered at the tasting. All of our guests loved it. Highly recommended!

Kaitlyn · Married on 07/08/2016

Deserts by Dana was absolutely fabulous to work with! They designed the exact cake we had envisioned. They were so easy to work with and helped me combined two cakes I liked into the cake I wanted! Our guests raved about the cake as well, so delicious!

Jessica · Married on 06/17/2016

From the get to go, the team at Desserts by Dana were very flexible and excited about making our cake for our wedding! They worked with us and came up with an amazing cake design! Very simple yet classy! We got so many compliments from our guests on the beautiful cake and how amazing all of the flavors tasted! I literally have never had better italian buttercream in my life!!!!

Adam · Married on 05/06/2016

Dana and his staff made the process for choosing a cake so simple. One less thing we had to stress about for our wedding. The tasting/meeting was perfect, and painted a good picture of what we would be receiving. The cake was so much better than we ever expected!!! Comments from guests were that it was the best tasting cake they ever had. Great work Dana, and please thank your staff for us!!! Top notch vendor!!!

• Kristen

Kristen · Married on 04/30/2016

Desserts by Dana was wonderful! They were part of my wedding package so I did not shop around much for a baker. But I am so glad! The cake tasting was so enjoyable and meeting with the designer was so much fun! They were able to take pictures that I found on pinterest and create a design from multiple images that I liked. They had many different flavors available between cakes and fillings that the combinations were endless! We chose the pink champagne cake with buttercream filling and red velvet cake with caramel chocolate mousse. It was delicious and beautiful! Exactly what I wanted! I also rented a cake stand from them that I saw when I went in for the cake tasting and it just added that extra touch of elegance. I would highly recommend desserts by Dana!!

Janice · Married on 04/16/2016

From the minute that we sat down to order a wedding cake, to the moment when we got to taste this delicious creation, it was nothing but sheer delight!!! The cookies n cream batter with butter cream icing was AMAZING!!! We were sad when the cake ran out and almost tempted to eat the top layer that's saved til the first year anniversary. We will tell everyone about our experience at this wonderful bakery. Beautifully decorated and they totally captured the theme of the wedding!!
    Mrs. J. Glass

Stephanie · Married on 01/02/2016

We loved our wedding cake! We had a themed wedding and when I met with my florist to discuss my theme, she said that I had to go see Dana right away! As soon as I walked into the store it was very warm, friendly and welcoming. I loved the wedding cakes displayed in the store and we were impressed that Dana took the time out of his busy schedule to meet with us himself. I actually brought my daughter to the tasting with us and Dana did not miss a beat and went and made a cake sampler up for her to and she was able to have input and have fun with us picking out the flavors of our cake. When my now husband and I could not agree on flavors, Dana said no worries, we can make the layers different flavors so that way you can compromise! It worked out wonderful and my husbands first cut of the cake was what he wanted and then later I added on a mini gluten free cake for me so I got the flavor that I wanted as my first cut of cake as husband and wife too. They were very accommodating in creating some gluten free options for us. When we had our tasting, Dana drew our vision for the wedding cake and I gave him my cake topper a year before my wedding. I was very nervous that they would lose it after all that time but when I confirmed the details before the wedding they reaffirmed that I had nothing to worry about. The moment I saw my wedding cake I could not believe it! It was so perfect!!! It really was the centerpiece of the wedding and many people inquired about who made the cake. They never saw a cake like that, it was so spectacular and different. And to add, that the cake was also delicious. The buttercream icing is very rich and different from anything I've ever tasted. I also had the lemon curd filling and that was really the best ever! We couldn't have been anymore satisfied with our wedding cake and we will enjoy looking at the photographs taken of our cake for years to come! We are also looking forward to our first year anniversary to eat the cake!

We had our wedding cake made by desserts by Dana! I showed them a photo of what I wanted the made just that to the tee! The even recommended adding flowers to it it was stunning! And delish

Marissa · Married on 11/07/2015

Dana - you are your crew did an AMAZING job with our wedding cake yesterday!!! everyone couldn't stop raving about it being "the best wedding cake they EVER had" - we had choc banana, marble, and double chocolate! Thank you thank you thank yoU!

Kara · Married on 10/25/2015

We had our Wedding at The Farmhouse Delaware, Desserts by Dana was one of 2 vendors that we could choose from for our wedding cake. Well we went for our taste testing and after we left we didn't even schedule a tasting with the other vendor! we were blown away by how delicious everything was! we knew right at first bite that we were going with them! for the tasting we were able to choose 3 different cake flavors and 2 different fillings along with buttercream. We have never had cakes that were so good and moist at the same time! We would recommend Desserts by Dana to anyone getting married or just want a awesome cake for any event. Our tasting was with Dana himself. When It came down to how to design the cake I showed him some ideas I had. He took those ideas and drew something up for us on the spot! Our Cake was delicious and beautiful it was exactly what we wanted! Dana and your team are amazing!

Dana's talent, creativity and professional skills added up to the most magnificent wedding cake we have ever seen. He transformed a rough sketch from pencil and paper into a delicious work of art that our guests raved about all evening. Dana was so easy to work with and always responsive to our questions. We highly recommend Desserts by Dana.

Kristin · Married on 08/29/2015

We sampled Dana's cakes at a bridal show and quickly decided to have him bake our wedding cake. He designed exactly what we wanted and the cake was delicious. We also asked Dana to make a custom groom's cake that we used for the rehearsal dinner. The cake was the Orioles mascot and everyone loved it. It was a prefect replica and tasted great, too! We'll be using Desserts by Dana in the future for sure.