Desirees Custom Sewing Reviews

Desirees Custom Sewing 1
Desirees Custom Sewing 2
Desirees Custom Sewing 3

Suzanne · Married on 04/16/2011

Desiree saved me A LOT of money versus a popular bridal chain and I am very appreciative! She did exactly what I asked for in a short amount of time and even steamed my dress at no charge. You can't go wrong with her!!

Sent on 04/29/2011
  • User2120786 · 2+ years ago

2.0

My dress was done quickly and it looked perfect. The only problem I tring to find a Wednesday or Friday that I could get off work so I could go. But the time off work was well worth it!

Sent on 06/21/2012

Megan · Married on 07/31/2010

3.4
      1.0

I went to Desiree with a simple halter gown that only needed a hem and a bustle. The price was well within what I thought the two together should cost but imagine my surprise when I find out that I did not get my money's worth. The hem was wonderful but when I went to bustle my dress at my reception it simply fell off. She had put a marking stitch in it but had never actually sewn the button onto my dress. My train was extremely dirty after the reception and I had to hold my dress up all night. She's gotten so many great reviews but I guess she didn't check behind herself on my dress.

Update: Desiree truly puts her customers first. After finding out about what happened to my dress at the wedding, she immediately called and apologized and offered a full refund of the bustle! I doubt that this has ever happened before and she made me feel so confident, I will be returning for an alteratioin to a bridesmaids gown.

Sent on 06/01/2011

Michele · Married on 06/25/2010

3.0

I purchased a sample gown which needed minimal alterations. Since the dress was heavily beaded, I needed someone with experience. I chose Desiree because of great reviews and I called her to ask whether she could do it. She said people brought her dresses all the way from Kleinfeld's to alter, so I was reassured. I was originally very happy with said alterations, but when I put the dress on 2 days before my wedding, the bust was huge! I had not lost any weight, so I didn't understand what had happened. I rushed to Desiree's and she fixed it. However, the same thing happened at the wedding. I think my dress may have been too complicated for her.

Sent on 08/22/2010

Desirees Custom Sewing's reply:

I am disappointed to hear that your gown didn't fit the way you wished the day of the wedding. Just as you said after the initial alterations (taking it in, hemming, and bustle), in May you picked up the gown which fit well and the alterations meet your expectations. Then 11 days before the wedding, two days before you left the area, you contacted me because you needed another adjustment to tighten the neckline/bust area. After making that adjustment, we (including your fiancé) agreed after trying the on gown you were both pleased again with the results. So I totally empathize with the fact that on your wedding day you were disappointed to find that some how within the 11 days when you last saw me a change occurred with you and the dress no longer fit as closely as before.

My goal is to have brides look great and feel comfortable in their gown on their wedding day. I am sorry you feel that in the end I didn't meet that goal. But despite the problem you encountered, I was glad to read in one of your other review comments, that you had dozens of people give you compliments on how you looked in the dress! Looking back at the pictures I took of you when you picked up the gown... I am sure you were a beautiful bride on your wedding day! I still appreciate your using my services and I wish you the very best!