Designer Cakes and Desserts Reviews

Designer Cakes and Desserts 5
Designer Cakes and Desserts 6
Designer Cakes and Desserts 7

michelle · Married on 11/19/2017

My husband and I decided to do a cake tasting with Shelly at Designer Cakes and we instantly fell IN LOVE. We decided to go with a vanilla cake and man - I have never tasted vanilla cake so good. Even though we changed up some of the flavor combinations literally days before the wedding, Shelly was happy to accommodate and delivery went flawless. We had so many compliments on the cake and so many people, including my husband, went back for seconds or thirds! I cannot wait until we get to eat that top piece in a year :).

I definitely recommend Designer Cakes and Deserts for anyone looking for great service, and DELICIOUS cake.

Sent on 11/30/2017

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you Michelle! It was a pleasure to work with you! I am so happy you loved the cake!! Shelly

Karyn · Married on 11/11/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely delicious. I found Designer Cakes & Desserts through a bridal expo. Shelly (the owner) was serving up some cupcakes at her booth and I went back for seconds because they were so good. My fiancé did a tasting at the store location in Safety Harbor. We tried a few things, but we ultimately went with chocolate cake with sea salt caramel icing for on layer, and chocolate cake with mocha icing for the other layer. I can't describe how amazing the cake is. You have to try it. My fiancé and I both agreed after our tasting that we could have each gotten a bowl of just the icing and eaten it by the spoonful. No shortening in the icing, just yummy, flavorful bites. Based on the tasting, the thing we were most excited for on the wedding day was the cake. We were DELIGHTED on our wedding day. The cake was as delicious as we remembered on our tasting. Thank you Designer Cakes! Such a wonderful memory... can't wait to come back for our anniversary for more mocha & sea salt icing!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Rachel · Married on 09/09/2017

My husband and I ordered miini cupcakes for our wedding and they were wonderful! The display was beautiful! Shelly and Sarah are easy to work with and make the best cupcakes we've ever had! We can't wait to use them again in the future!
    Thank you!
    Rachel & Diego Ordonez

Sent on 10/16/2017

JESSICA · Married on 08/26/2017

These girls are amazing!!! This is my third time usin their service and they just keep amazing me! Great talent and great taste!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Melissa · Married on 05/20/2017

I know there are many cake vendors to choose from out there, but we were blessed to find the top tier of them all! Shelly did an excellent job with my daughter's wedding cake in May and my niece's wedding in August. She is a pleasure to work with and is very willing to accommodate your requests. She not only will provide a beautiful design, but it will be outrageously delicious. Although it is hard to choose a favorite, I would have to say that the salted caramel chocolate is out of this world. My son in law needed a gluten-free, dairy-free cake and he was so impressed with her vanilla, blueberry filling groom's cake! Incredibly moist, could not taste the difference between his cake and the regular cake. Her prices are very reasonable so look no further, she is the best!!! Thanks Shelly, we have another wedding Spring 2018, and we would not have anyone else make the wedding cake!

Sent on 08/27/2017

Dina · Married on 01/28/2017

Shelly is an amazing person! She did my wedding cake and cupcakes, and did the exact design I chose, n it was perfect, everyone loved them!
    Not only that, her prices are great, and she worked with me n my husband greatly! Now, I go to her shop for some cupcakes, got addicted! Definitely, will hire her again for my next event. Ty Shelly!

Sent on 02/21/2017

gail · Married on 10/02/2016

Shelley and Sarah created a custom Harry Potter themed cake for my daughter's 21st birthday that was beyond amazing. They worked within the budget I had and delivered nothing less than spectacular. Even though we didn't get to actually eat the cake until several days later, it was still moist and delicious.

Sent on 02/14/2017

Tamara · Married on 08/20/2016

Shelly did an outstanding job on our wedding cake August 20,2016. Shelly was professional and quick to respond to my questions. Our cake was perfect and just what I asked for. Several compliments on the taste. Her price was very reasonable. Thank you Shelly and team

Sent on 08/30/2016

Siouxie · Married on 05/21/2016

This was the PERFECT choice for my daughter's elegant evening wedding!

They created a cake exactly to my specs (3 tiered, 3 flavors) with the pin cushion cross hatch (fondant) on the second tier, and my daughter and her husband's initials on the top tier. Once I ordered everything and Shelly verified my order, I didn't have to think about it. It was delivered right on time, she set it up, and the flavors were fantastic.

One of the reasons I went with Designer Cakes and Desserts is because I have tried their cakes before, and they have created their own flavors and perfected them. The coconut cream layer was sublime-moist and delicious. The chocolate was gone before we had a chance to think about it, and the vanilla with strawberry was light and moist and perfect. And I'm usually not a fan of fondant because it's so thick and sweet, but this design left no other choice. But you know what? The fondant was a perfect sweet, still somehow light even though it was fondant. I actually ate it (did not expect that).

Thanks for the delicious cake, your team is the best!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Mindy · Married on 05/12/2016

Designer Cakes & Desserts was able to collaborate, produce, & deliver the best grooms cake for my brothers wedding! (See Pic) Design was amazing, detail was near flawless, and thetaste was impeccable! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! Dr&MrsBlake

Sent on 07/21/2018
    Designer Cakes and Desserts 8

Danielle · Married on 04/02/2016

Shelly created an amazing 3 tier cake for my wedding. Each layer was a different flavor and delicious. I had so many compliments on the cake being sooo good - even from the caterer which is high praise!! Shelly totally delivered and even created a groom's cake for my hubby which he LOVED (and didn't know about). Thank you Shelly! I highly recommend!

Sent on 06/26/2016

Shelly was able to take our forest theme and turn it into a completely awesome cake. I must have had at least 15 people come up to me to tell me it was the best cake they'd ever had at a wedding. They especially loved the coffee/espresso flavors. Delivered on time and beautifully set. She is also very easy to work with and excellent communication. Thank you, Shelly!

Sent on 11/09/2015

Jack · Married on 06/28/2014

We wanted cupcakes instead of a large cake. And we also wanted a small cake for just us. And she themed them together and both were beautiful and unbelievably delicious.

Sent on 06/23/2016

She was amazing. The cakes looked prefect and they tasted even better. My husband kept raving about them. And my guest all loved the cakes too. If I ever need a great cake again I will defiantly use her.

Sent on 11/01/2013
  • Cori

Cori Grove · Married on 03/23/2019

Definitely delicious!

We had a wide variety of desserts at our wedding including two large cakes, cupcakes, shooters, and cake pops. All of it was a hit! We left with only a few left over slices of cake and everything else was devoured. Our guests made a point to tell us how much they enjoyed all the various flavors that Designer Cakes and Desserts helped us decide upon. We are more than satisfied with the service we received through this vendor!

Sent on 04/10/2019

Hi Cori!
    Thank you so much for the nice review! It was a pleasure working with you! Sorry if we were not as responsive as you would have liked. :)
    Shelly

Breana · event on 03/09/2018

My baby shower cake was absolutely stunning and delicious. I chose two a tier cake. Lemon drop raspberry filling top and strawberry bottom. It was to die for. Thanks Shelley.

Sent on 03/13/2018

Designer Cakes and Desserts's reply:

Thank you for the nice review Breana! It was our pleasure.

Michelle · Married on 05/08/2016

Shelly worked with me on creating a cake. She was patient, flexible and understanding while helping me from out of state. She used my Pinterest pictures to get a good understanding of my design ideas and the cake was simply beautiful. The cake flavor was even better! It is not common for a cute cake to taste good but both the chocolate top and vanilla/strawberry bottom were moist, flavorful, and simply magnificent. She even used a rice crispy treat to make a cute luggage topper! The icing on the cake (pun intended) was her delivery to the function even though it was a holiday.

Sent on 06/28/2016