DESIGN WITH FLOWERS Reviews

33 | Mountain View, CA

33 Reviews for DESIGN WITH FLOWERS

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Isaac · Married on 07/16/2016

Carol is simply amazing! We had her help with flowers for both our wedding ceremony and reception, and the outcome was simply GORGEOUS. Her work is so detailed, so modern, and most of all, so very tasteful. Bouquets for the bride and bridesmaids were absolutely stunning - with just a beautiful mix of the right colors and styles, all tailored to the theme and feel of our wedding!

We just loved our meetings with Carol. She is so pleasant to be around, and asks all the right questions to gain a good understanding of what we like and dislike (that we didn't even know ourselves!). We were just astonished at how competitive her pricing is, compared to many other florists in the area, given just how AMAZING the outcome was.

Thank you Carol for helping us through the process, and for delivering such beautiful flowers for our wedding. We’re so incredibly lucky to have had you help us create these important memories, and we wholeheartedly recommend Design with Flowers to anyone planning their wedding!

Iris · Married on 06/13/2015

Carol was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and we were very glad that we got to work with her for our big day! Carol worked closely with us to design arrangements that would be the perfect accents to our venue, attire, and decor. She carefully studied our color palette, our invitations, my dress, and the inspiration images that I sent her and produced a collection of gorgeous bouquets, corsages, boutonnieres, and church decorations that beautifully complimented our vision for our wedding. At our request, she incorporated irises (as a nod to my name) into my bouquet and the aisle arrangements and made sure to exclude any flowers to which I'm allergic (of which, unfortunately, there is a rather long list!). She also was wonderful about accommodating our limited budget and last-minute changes to our order and very sweetly made lots of helpful suggestions about types of flowers to include, shapes of arrangements, ribbon colors, even what kinds of other decorations we'd want in the church in addition to the flowers that she was providing (at her suggestion, we ended up purchasing two ornamental trees to stand behind the altar, which ended up creating a lovely vignette). Carol is sweet, professional, down to earth, and hugely talented. She knows what is "in" in the world of wedding florals but also has an eye for classic, timeless design and has the experience and the skill to balance these two elements in order to deliver beautiful results. She was an enormous pleasure to work with and we would heartily recommend her to anyone looking for a Bay Area florist for their wedding.

Sent on 10/23/2015

DESIGN WITH FLOWERS's reply:

Iris.. thank you for your kind words. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting and working with you to create your lovely wedding. blessings l.. carol

Jessica · Married on 10/12/2013

This is a long overdue review that I should have done since the wedding. Carol was referred me by my wedding coordinator. Carol is one of the best vendor that I worked with during my wedding planning and she just made my planning so much easier and her expertise and suggestions were so helpful. I used one of the flower arrangement that I saw and showed her how I want it. She made it even better and more beautiful than the sample that I showed. I just love her so much that friendship and the suggestions that she made not only for the wedding flower also for the wedding ceremony setup. I would totally 110% recommend her.

Sally · Married on 08/31/2013

My husband and I used Carol for our wedding this past Labor Day weekend and were very happy with how everything turned out. With very little thought and planning done on our part before our initial meeting, Carol managed to turn our jumbled mess of thoughts and obvious lack of preparation into a beautifully thought out collection of floral decoration ideas. From the arch design to the centerpieces to the bouquets and boutonnieres, everything looked individually lovely and charming in their own right, but also wonderfully coordinated from a big picture perspective.

With respect to our personal interactions, Carol was also always very prompt in returning emails and phone calls and always did so with a friendly and cheerful spirit. During our two meetings, she was very laidback and made sure to ask about any ideas we had, but also helped guide us towards a final design with a bunch of her own ideas when it was clearly needed. For anyone reading this, there should be no doubt that Carol knows what she's doing when it comes to floral design and that you will be in good hands if you choose to work with her.

Laura · Married on 05/27/2013

After interviewing 4 other florists in the area and being seriously underwhelmed with all of them, Carol was a breath of fresh air. She is AMAZING. Not only is she super friendly and extremely prompt in returning emails and phone calls, she is incredibly talented at what she does and very reasonably priced.

Carol designed the flowers for my wedding this past Memorial Day weekend and I could not have been happier with the result. She listened to what I wanted and was able to enhance it to be more than I ever imagined it could have been. I received tons of compliments on both my bouquet and the arrangements - everyone loved her work. Looking back through my photos, I keep noticing small details of how she tied everything together to create a wonderfully cohesive overall display.

All in all, I LOVED working with Carol and would recommend her without hesitation to anyone who asked.

Sent on 08/01/2013

DESIGN WITH FLOWERS's reply:

Hi Laura... thank you soo for your kind words on
    Wedding wire... I likewise enjoyed meeting you
    and being involved in your wedding day..
    Hope alll is well and you are enjoying your summer
    best
    carol

Carol was so great to work with. She is very friendly and knowledgable. I felt right at home during our planning meetings. All of my flowers turned out so beautiful and exactly what I had envisioned for my wedding

Alexandra · Married on 11/03/2012

I found Carol on another website when my fiance talked me out of doing my own flowers. She was amazing because I kept changing my mind about the colors I wanted and what flowers to use. She worked with me on budget and took off the added stress I would have had if I had done the flowers myself. She was so easy to work with and it was great because I was planning the wedding from out of state. She even placed the flowers on the cake for us and it was perfect. I can't say how happy I was with everything she did. She hit the design and look that I wanted perfectly. You'll love working with her, we did.

claudia · Married on 07/28/2012

j had found design with flowers/carol on yelp and am so so glad i went with her. she is awesome! i was originally thinking i could do my own flowers because i wanted to save money but in the end i decided to find someone priced reasonably. save myself some headache and stress

i actually talked to about 4 florists. carol and i just connected. she saw what i saw and had the same vision in mind that i did. when i first went to meet her i loved the diversity in her portfolio. she had also already executed some of the ideas that i had in mind. she was not too technical as some other florists were. she just speaks normal language. another florist i talked to was very opinionated saying that i could use carnations to keep costs down and i should use white paper lanterns so it would photograph better. in the end i found carol easy to work with and easy going. did i mention reasonably priced?

when we went in for some samples i was happy with what she came up with. we delivered some jars we had been collecting for the centerpiece vessels to save some money.

the day of she delivered the flowers on time to our hotel. i loved them. there were corsages for our moms, bouts for the guys, bouquets for the girls and a flower garland for my dog! all of them were perfect in size and quality.

when i got to the venue she was still there setting up! i was in awe of what she had done! the colorful centerpieces looked even better than the samples did. the garland she created for the arbor was just what i had in mind. so beautiful! i wish i could've taken it home. then the aisle. i had wanted gerber daisies fading from red to pink to white and she did just that! i loved it! i was so happy!

i would confidently and gladly recommend carol to anyone! she is just that awesome!

Irene · Married on 06/29/2012

My wedding was on June 29th at the Rengstorff House in Mountain View and a florist was not included in a package with the venue, so I went on Yelp and saw the reviews for Designs with Flowers and took a chance and I am extremely happy I did! I was looking for a florist with creativity, originality, & reasonable pricing... And Carol was a complete package! I met and spoke with Carol on several occasions about my vision, to share photos of inspiration, and she took everything into consideration! I needed my bridal bouquet, toss bouquet, (2) bridesmaid bouquets, many boutonnieres, many corsages, flowers for wedding arch, and flowers for the aisle. On the Day of the wedding, Carol was early to the venue, extremely helpful with giving every one their floral pieces, & patient with set up and all her work came out very classy, elegant, and gorgeous!

If you are looking for a very creative florist whose love for her job reflects in her work, please go visit Carol, it will be one of the best decisions you could have ever made!

Carol, thank you so much for all your beautiful hard work and I can not wait to work with you again in the future!

Nancy · Married on 11/05/2011

Carol is absolutely wonderful. She is a very talented artist and very flexible to work with. Carol was patient and thoughtful as we looked through numerous photographs to develop a vision for my wedding. She had fantastic suggestions, impressive knowledge, and wonderful artistic sense. She even put together samples for each piece and adjusted each arrangement according to my comments. I couldn’t have been happier with the final arrangements. I received so many complements on the gorgeous flowers, from my bouquet to the centerpieces. And Carol was a joy to work with. She was thoughtful, flexible, respectful, and truly seemed to love what she does which shines through in the high quality of her work.

Katie · Married on 10/22/2011

Carol did a beautiful job on my bouquet, nosegays for the mothers and our honor attendant, and boutonnieres. She was so creative and willing to work with me, and her enthusiasm was infectious.

Courtney · Married on 09/24/2011

I hired Carol at Design with Flowers to be the florist for our September 2011 wedding. She did an excellent job making my vision a reality and I was so pleased with all of the flowers on my wedding day. Carol is truly an artist. She listened very carefully to all of my likes and dislikes and was able to create exactly what I had asked her for, which wasn't an easy task because I am really picky! Not only did she nail my vision but she also was able to work with the smallish budget that I gave her, which really impressed me.

Carol is a very sweet woman and was very flexible and easy to work with. She offered to stay late a few times so that I could meet with her after I got off of work. I collected almost 100 mason jars and smaller bud vases for my centerpieces and Carol let me drop all of them off a few weeks before the wedding and transported all of the vases to my venue on the day of the wedding. My bouquet, the bridesmaids' bouquets and the boutonnieres all turned out perfectly. I keep looking through my wedding photos and admiring how beautiful the flowers are and how closely she matched what I was envisioning. Give her a call!

• Melissa

Melissa · Married on 08/11/2011

I did not want to spend a fortune on flowers but wanted something beautiful and professional. I went in with some ideas, and Carol was able to make my ideas into beautiful arrangements (bouquets, boutenieres arbor decorations and cake topper). She was also very flexible and worked with me as I ended up needing more flowers last minute - such as a cake topper. She did a beautiful job and was a lovely person. She came early to the wedding site and stayed until all floral details were in place - all the family commented on how nice she was. If you want someone talented and flexible who will give you personal attention I highly recommend Carol at Design with Flowers.

Jenny · Married on 04/30/2011

Carol is WONDERFUL and provided me with the flowers of my dreams for my wedding day. I brought in pictures and she recreated them to a T and helped come up with ideas that I would have never imagined. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were, and they set a magical tone for my wedding. Carol is a wonderfully sweet woman who is easy to talk to, and you can tell she genuinley cares about her clients. I would reccomend her to anyone!

Nikki · Married on 09/02/2010

10 STARS!!!! Go visit her. You will fall in love with her and her flowers!

Carol is simply AH-MAZING!!! I'm a very particular bride. So after meeting and getting quotes with 4 different florists (from Nicole Ha to Lani Elizabeth), Carol was my 5th and last florist. After my 1st visit, I knew, hands down, I wanted to hire her. She is very responsive on email and phone which makes a bride completely stress-free. I described my vision to her and she understood immediately what I was going for and even filled in the rest of my sentences as we continued talking! She is very lovely and patient.

Carol made a sample centerpiece for me so I could get a sense of what she had in mind based on my descriptions. Next, I wanted a particular type of unique rose and showed her a few images from google. So on my 3rd and final visit, she had ordered some to ensure they were the exact ones I was looking for! One doesn't need to make 3 visits to a wedding florist, but I wanted to because I had so much fun visiting Carol and her studio of flowers (and trust me, i'm a phone/email type of gal)! She is very knowledgeable about flowers, design, and very creative.

My wedding is in 2 weeks, so I will provide an update, but I love the arrangement samples she made for me. I'm completely worry-free about how my flowers will turn out because Carol works very hard to satisfy her customers and wants them to be happy. She also respects your budget, no matter what it is. She will not disregard your business if it is not over a certain amount, unlike some of the other florists I've met with. Thank you Carol--I definitely plan on coming back for other events

• F

cecilia · Married on 06/26/2010

My daughter was married on 6/26/10 at Stanford Park Hotel, and she just received the pictures of the wedding, wow! The flowers that Carol designed for us just popped!My daughter had provided a picture of the arrangements, and bouquets she had envisioned, and Carol recreated them down to the smallest details! They were so beautiful, my daughter and her friends raved about them all day long. The flowers on the cake, and the petals in the fountain to match the bridesmaids bouquets were perfection. Carol, from design with flowers helped us every step of the way. I was the wedding planner, and as a newbie I needed lots of help. Carol is very good with emails, and last minute changes as well, which really helped because we did all the wedding planning from out of town. Thank you Design with Flowers!!!

Genevieve · Married on 12/31/2009

Design with flowers did our black tie new year's eve wedding at the Westin St. Francis. Carol was absolutely wonderful to work with, honest, and really worked hard to capture the look I was going for...in the end it was like she read my mind! The flowers were fresh, beautiful, delivered on time, and lasted all night...even the ones over the fireplace! We couldnt be happier. IF you are doing an event in San Fran skip the trendy overprices boutique floral shops...design with flowers can do any look you want and way more affordable and easier to work with! I truly felt Carol worked to give us the best possible pricing and stayed within our budget without making us feel as though we were skimping on anything and believe me we really shopped around! We go tons of compliments on the flowers all night, and our guests fought over who got to take them home! Thanks so much Carol!

Janice · Married on 07/19/2009

We were extremely pleased with Carol's work for our wedding! Not only was the output beautiful, but she was also a pleasure to work with throughout our wedding planning process.

She went above & beyond in so many ways. When we were trying to figure out our linen color selection, she actually went to our linen vendor and brought a sample of our centerpiece to see how it looked against the various colors. That guidance was so helpful, and we knew we could trust her advice. She also met us for a floral trial (she did not charge us for her time), so we could make sure we were aligned on expectations and make final decisions before the wedding. She was also extremely flexible with us-- our needs changed several times throughout the planning process, and she was always happy to accommodate what we needed.

We felt that Carol genuinely wanted us to have our dream wedding, and she bended over backwards to make sure everything looked perfect (which it did!). This is all coming from a bride who has very high expectations and doesn't like to be disappointed! We couldn't have asked for a better florist!!!

Audrey · Married on 07/11/2009

Carol at Design with Flowers was truly amazing. We were on a budget and I had let her know that from the beginning and Carol worked with me. I showed her pictures of ideal flower arrangements along with describing to her the vision I had for flowers which was earthy, modern, romantic, and "clean". The venue we had chosen for our reception was already equipped with gorgeous foliage and I didn't want to take away from that and neither did Carol. I wanted to incorporate calla lillies as the main flowers for my bouquet and the bridesmaids bouquests and they just turned out remarkable. I let Carol pick and design the men's boutineers and I was thoroughly satisfied and impressed with the succulents/jades she chose for them. Carol is so FLEXIBLE, I kept changing my mind and she listened and acknowledged my changes with ease. She is very easy to work with, dependable, and just a true sweet heart. I recommend her services all the way & if I could do it all again, I would go with Design with Flowers with out a doubt!

Dakota · Married on 05/31/2009

Carol is exceptionally amazing!
    Beside being extremely creative, she was empathetic and receptive to my ideas for my floral design. I had a tight budget and also wanted to test my creative side by designing some of the floral arrangements myself. I changed my designs about 7 times! She was able to work with me to stay within budget and at the same time juggling the constant changes that I wanted to make (and many of them were last-minute!). I don't know how she remained so calm, pleasant and accommodating! She kept me at eased and I was constantly assured that the flowers would look gorgeous on my special day and they were! My guests couldn't stop raving about her work! She definitely went far and beyond and her work was evidence to all.
    Carol was definitely one of the most enjoyable persons I worked with during the frantic months of preparing for my big day!
    I highly highly recommend her!

Katie · Married on 04/18/2009

Design with Flowers provided the most beautiful flower arrangements for our ceremony and reception. The delivery was on-time and the set-up was perfect. Carol Ralles helped create and implement our floral vision. I'd recommend her services to anyone!

Laura · Married on 09/29/2007

Everything was as beautiful as I had imagined it would be.

Rachel · Married on 07/29/2007

Carol was fantastic to work with. My husband and I didn't have super strong opinions about the decor but she was able to take the concepts we showed her from magazines and make them fit our wedding. She was very easy to work with and flexible when we ran late to an appointment (or two). Everything went off without a hitch and I didn't have to think about the flowers or the my chuppah at all on the wedding day.

Shauna · Married on 02/17/2007

Carol did outstanding work. Our flowers were beautiful and really fit the mood of our wedding. She listened to us as we described what we wanted and even made up sample bouquets for us to choose from. She was punctual and very flexible in meeting us after our work days. All our guests raved about the flowers, saying they were beautifully arranged, fresh and very tasteful. Carol was a true professional, kind and pleasant to work with. We highly recommend her!

Jenny · Married on 03/17/2013

I love love loved working with Carol. She is an extremely talented artist who is very knowledgeable about flowers. I visited her in her studio and she patiently went through a bunch of wedding magazine and some of her own photos albums to get an idea of what I wanted for my wedding. A few weeks before the wedding, she arranged for me to come into her studio to show me a sample of my bouquet, samples of my bridesmaids bouquets, and the center flower arrangements for the table. It was a great relief to know that the flower decor was in such good hands. Thank you, Carol!!