Desert Bride Reviews

15 | Indio, CA

15 Reviews for Desert Bride

Kelsie · Married on 11/16/2013

My bridesmaids and I enjoyed our appointment and I bought a fun wedding dress with the help or the staff. The shop is great and the owner Mickie is the best!

• EventsRenee

Julie · Married on 03/13/2013

Thank you Mickie, Linda and Linda (alternator) for assisting in hemming my wedding dress! (My Grandmother made my dress) and Desert Bride took over from there with the tailoring and added that beautiful finishing touch my Grandmother couldn't do (she lives out of state) in the amount of time needed. Always a pleasure working with professionals, as a wedding coordinator myself- it's always great to have the best by my side!

This is a wonderful local business in the Coachella Valley, but great for anyone looking for a wedding dress, regardless of where you live. They cater to their brides and make them feel extremely special. The service is incredible. They work very hard to understand your budget, what you are looking for and then to find you your dream dress.

The staff at Desert Bride was helpful in helping me to find my perfect dress and very patient with me when I made multiple appointments to try on the same two dresses. It felt like a celebration when I finally decided on my dress. I could tell the staff and owner were very happy for me!

The perks of being a Desert Bride never end! When you buy your dress you get a great package including an engagement photo session, discounts on dress preservation, tuxedo rental, including a free tuxedo rental for the groom, discounts on your bridesmaid dresses and mother of the bride/groom dresses to name a few. Oh and a bottle of Desert Bride champagne! Check Desert Bride out on Facebook and you can see how much they do for their brides.

I recommend Desert Bride to anyone looking for a wedding dress, occassion gown, fun party dress, bridesmaid dress or prom dress! They are a full service bridal salon, so they have beautiful veils and jewelry, as well. They also have a wonderful alterations woman they will refer you to. The owner and staff are incredible!

Raquel · Married on 09/08/2012

I found the dress of my dreams at Desert Bride. Mickie and her team were amazing to work with and made me feel special every time I went in. I got so many compliments on my dress throughout the night and am still getting compliments.

• Amber

Amber · Married on 08/26/2012

I originally went to try on a specific dress but ended up with something completely different that I loved! I drove from OC to get there but it was well worth it. The staff is super helpful and friendly and the dress I bought was part of a trunk show so the designer was even on hand to give me his input. They do not have all the dresses out but sit with you to get an idea of what you are looking for and then pull some for you to try on. It keeps it from being overwhelming, even though you wonder what you may have found if they were all out. For my dress it was out due to the trunk show, and not something I would have picked, but they suggested I try it and it was the one. They do not do alterations as part of the store but have a local lady they recommend. I used her and she met me at the store 2 times to do the fittings. The staff remembers you and your wedding theme, details, etc which makes you feel more like a friend than a customer. I would recommend driving out here for your dress!

Joi · Married on 05/27/2012

I found the dress of my dreams at Desert Bride! I live in San Francisco, and my mom lives in Palm Desert, so I wanted to find a place near her to go shopping. I'm a plus sized woman, and was anxious about shopping for dresses. I was so impressed by the number of dresses they had in my size! I felt really beautiful, which is what every girl wants when she is trying to find THE dress. My sales clerk Shatea was just lovely, and everyone in the salon made myself and my little posse feel welcome. They also gave us good pricing on bridesmaids dresses and other accessories. This is a great store and I'm so happy I came here. :)

gayle · Married on 05/05/2012

My daughter found the most beautiful dress at Desert Bride. Everyone there was very helpful and made her feel like a princess. Since she lives out of town, they were very accommodating when it came to scheduling her appointments and alteration times.

• O

Veronica · Married on 04/07/2012

Desert Bride treated me with kindness and the upmost professionalism. I made the mistake of going to our local David's Bridal and I was treated like a number, not a Bride. I want every potential Bride out there to know that you will get the BEST treatment at Desert Bride. I went in there knowing the style that I wanted but I couldn't find THE dress. After trying on a couple of dresses, Mickie Reed, the owner, picked the ONE for me. I was also a Bride that needed a little extra done to her dress. I insisted on having sleeves made because I hated my arms. Linda in Alterations made my dream dress come true. She wasn't giving up until I had exactly what I wanted. The day I tried it on with my sleeves I ended up crying on the spot. I had that magical feeling that every Bride should have. I can honestly say that Mickie and her staff at Desert Bride made me feel special and a true Princess Bride.
    Veronica Hernandez Rojas

• roturisch

Rebecca · Married on 12/30/2011

The entire dress shopping experience was amazing. Their dresses are beautiful, clean and they are constantly getting in new dresses to keep their inventory fresh and up to date. They were wonderful to work with and I would use again for ANY special event dress that I need in the future!

emily · Married on 11/13/2011

Love desert bride! From the very first time I stepped into their boutique I was treated like a princess. I couldn't have asked for a more pleasant experience. Their dresses are gorgeous and really fit anyone's budget. I would recommend desert bride to everyone of my family and friends in a heart beat.

Kristi · Married on 10/02/2010

When I started planning my wedding, I went to Desert Bride "just to look" since I planned on buying my wedding dress in Los Angeles. Little did I know that I would find the dress of my dreams! Mickie and the staff at Desert Bride are absolutely amazing! Everytime I was there I felt like a queen.

I'm a plus size girl and was really nervous about trying on wedding dresses because I didn't think they would be in my size - was I ever wrong! It was wonderful to actually be able to try on dresses in my size and to see that the dresses were gorgeous! The experience I had buying my dress so so incredible that I also purchased my bridemaids dresses from Desert Bride as well.

Mickie and her staff went out of their way to make sure that my wedding attire was everything I wanted - and then some!

Delaney · Married on 11/15/2009

Desert Bride was amazing. We first went to Davids Bridal and after being there for two minutes I was going to do anything in my power to never step foot in that place again. That's when we found Desert Bride! And thank God we did! It's personable, quaint, and relaxed, just what I wanted for my wedding. All of the girls were so helpful and we became friends throughout the process. With all of the stress involved with planning a large wedding that's exactly what I needed. Everything went beautifully thanks to everybody at Desert Bride, and I recommend them to ALL of my friends and you too.
    Jerry and Delaney

Margarita · Married on 05/16/2015

3.5

My wedding lace vintage dress was gorgeous and a huge hit at my weeding. I loved my dress and couldn't imagine my dress to look any other way.

• User3197148 · 2+ years ago

3.0

This little place is totally great to work with! I got a gorgeous designer dress for a great price! They are also great about setting up payment plans to make things affordable. I will say that sometimes I had trouble getting through to make payments but it was fine in the long run because my dress was exactly what I wanted!

Melissa · Married on 06/09/2012

3.4
      3.0

I didn't have as great of an experience, but still bought my dress here because they did have beautiful dresses. I just felt that after I purchased my dress, when I would go in for fittings, or finding bridesmaid dress, and MOB dresses, it felt as if I was ignored, kind of like I already bought the most expensive dress, and after that I didn't really matter. I hope everyone else has a better experience in that since, other than that, I did like their store, and most of their dresses.