Desert Botanical Garden Reviews

86 Reviews for Desert Botanical Garden

• Kasey

Kasey K. · Married on 03/20/2021

Dream wedding!

After needing to make a venue change due to covid, I reached out in hopes that the Amphitheater was available. Lucky for us it was! Patrick was beyond amazing to working with and ensured every detail for our day was perfect! The Gardens are the perfect setting for a beautiful Arizona wedding.

Sent on 03/27/2021

Lorraine F. · Married on 03/08/2021

Stunning wedding venue

I am SO happy we chose the DBG for our wedding venue! We were married in mid-August, and even though it was fairly toasty, our photos were absolutely breathtaking! The beauty of the gardens makes for a stunning and magical wedding day experience. The indoor reception hall was also quite lovely, and we couldn't have been happier. Besides the beauty of the gardens, we had a great experience working with Patrick! He was so prompt with communication, and helped us out so much, especially when we had to postpone our wedding. I couldn't imagine a more beautiful place to get married in Phoenix, and the prices are also very reasonable. Highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Lorraine - It was such a pleasure working with both of you. During such a crazy time in history, you and Tim were able to remove the outside world and celebrate your love. It was a beautiful moment. Thank you for allowing me to be a small party of it. All my best, Patrick.
  • Laura

Laura B. · Married on 03/03/2021

dream wedding venue

We held our wedding at the Webster Center at DBG, with our ceremony/reception on the Ullman Terrace and our cocktail hour on Eliot Patio. It is truly a stunning venue space and easy to adapt to your wedding vision. Katelyn and Patrick, and the entire DBG team, were so professional and easy to work with. With so many of our friends and family traveling to Arizona for our wedding, it was really special to show them a unique desert space. We cannot recommend it highly enough!

Sent on 03/15/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Laura and Ian - I hope you are both doing well. Thank you for your kind words. Katelyn and I both wish you joy and love.
  • Cassandra

Cassandra K. · Married on 09/25/2020

The MOST beautiful venue!!

We did a ceremony only wedding at the Desert Botanical Garden Amphitheater. This was the perfect space for us so that we could:

1) save on chair rentals (built in seating)
    2) did not have to spend much on florals (the gardens speak for themselves) and
    3) did not have to find a second location for pictures (again the garden is gorgeous!!)
    4) Our guests received free entry to the garden, a unique activity during "cocktail hour"

As an added benefit of booking with Desert Botanical Garden you get to work with Patrick the event coordinator. We cannot say enough good things about him! He is fun, friendly, responsive, and so freakin good at his job. You can tell weddings/events are his passion and he does them so well. Patrick was an integral piece of making our day so perfect!

We would recommend Desert Botanical Garden to anyone considering an outdoor wedding in Arizona!

Sent on 10/19/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Cassandra I am speechless, and that is hard to do. Your description of the an Amphitheater wedding is perfect, just like your wedding was. It was a pleasure to work with Edward and you. Please stay in touch, and I can't wait to see the photos. To a lifetime of happiness and love. Patrick
  • Charlene

Charlene · Married on 09/19/2020

Hands down, we would choose this venue over and over again!

We chose this venue and our rental space (The Steele Herb Garden) because it was SO beautiful and magical, and did not need any decoration outside of our tablescapes. We had worked with Patrick over the past ~10 months to plan our wedding, and would not have asked for anyone better. His vast knowledge of the industry coupled with his professionalism were just what we needed to help navigate wedding planning through these crazy times. Thankfully, were able to pull off an intimate wedding that we will never forget. The Gardens have been, and will always, hold special place in our hearts.

Sent on 09/27/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Charlene and Brandon - thank you so much for celebration your love at the Garden. It was an honor to be a part of your joyful day.
    Patrick
  • Evan

Evan C. · Married on 07/03/2020

An Amazing Venue with Wonderful Staff

We have always loved the DBG, so when we got engaged we decided to explore having our wedding there and it was the best decision we could have made. Patrick was wonderful to work with, Marianne and her staff were all extremely helpful and professional, and provided a lot of good options for beverage service depending on our budget. Our wedding turned out better than we could have imagined. The garden has so much natural beauty that we were able to reduce costs for things like flowers/decor. I would highly recommend anyone who is looking for a place in the valley to get married to check out the garden. The staff was all very responsive and attentive to our needs.

Sent on 03/12/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Evan and Ricky - You two warmed my heart. The detail you each put into your wedding for your guests was amazing. You took a day that was to be about you, and made it a night about sharing the two of you with your family. Thank you for sharing your love with us. Wishing you both love and joy.

Mallory · Married on 04/11/2020

Just do it!

This is an odd review to write, as we didn't end up having the dream wedding we spent months planning. We had planned to get married on April 11, 2020 at the Webster Center. Getting this venue was the thing we waited the longest for, and ultimately were most excited about. Patrick was incredible throughout the entire process, making us feel like we were the only customers and that my hundreds of questions were not a burden. Ultimately, COVID-19 cancelled our wedding at DBG and we proceeded with a small backyard ceremony. However, I couldn't not write a review for this AMAZING venue and the team that comes with it. Should we decide in the future to have a big party to celebrate our wedding, we will not hesitate to do it all over again with DBG and Patrick!

Sent on 04/21/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Mallory you are so sweet. Thank you for the kind words. We would love to have you and Levi celebrate your love here in the future.
  • Sarah

Sarah C. · Married on 03/08/2020

Perfect Wedding Venue for Phoenix Couple

My husband and I had our wedding at the Desert Botanical Garden on 3/8/2020. We realize now how lucky we were to have the wedding we planned with them. We couldn't have had a nicer evening with all our family and friends. They all commented on the perfect location and atmosphere. The weather was perfect for an outdoor ceremony, but the Dorrance venue had great indoor space for dancing (and in case there was rain!). Patrick was very professional and prompt in answering any questions that came up throughout the planning process. Some couples might consider it limiting to have to choose from an approved catering company, but we were grateful for the help in narrowing things down and were SO happy with our caterer. The Garden made sure our event was perfect and the photos are gorgeous. (Photo credit: RadNad Photo)

Sent on 06/07/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Sarah and Christopher - It was such a joy to work with you both on your wedding. It was a beautiful night. Thank you for sharing and celebrating your love at the Garden. - Patrick
  • Kelsey

Kelsey · Married on 03/07/2020

Perfect Setting for a Dreamy Day!

The Desert Botanical Garden provided the most beautiful outdoor setting for our wedding day. We compared quite a few other outdoor venues in the area, and the Botanical Garden was always the best value with the most flexibility. I wouldn't have changed anything about the venue! The location is perfectly centralized for both local and out of town guests to get to easily and the garden itself is stunning with mature foliage, creating a perfect back drop at every turn. Katelyn and Patrick were so professional and helpful throughout the whole process; you can tell they are passionate about what they do and truly care for their couples. The only thing I wanted the night of was more time - we wish we would have added it on from the beginning because we never wanted the night to end!

Sent on 03/31/2020

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Kelsey and James - Thank you for the kind words and we are so grateful that you both had such a great time. Katelyn and I wish you both all the best. Keep in touch.

Haley · Married on 01/11/2020

Great location!!

We are getting married in the wildflower pavillion

Sent on 07/31/2019

Matthew R. · Married on 11/23/2019

Patrick Hanson ROCKS!

Patrick Hanson was our point of contact at the DBG and I cannot say enough good things about him and his staff. From the beginning of our process to the actual day he went above an beyond. He was patient and kind and funny all at the same time and made our night amazing. One moment that really stuck out was my brides shoe fell off and I wasn’t there to help put it back on. Patrick dropped down without hesitation and helped her! Even made a joke about it that legitimately made us laugh. He’s a great guy and I’m so happy to have him help us on our day!

Sent on 12/20/2019

Mike H. · Married on 09/14/2019

Best. Venue. Ever.

If you’re getting married in Phoenix... you should definitely consider the DBG. Not only do the funds from your wedding go to a great cause for conservation, the setting is beautiful and the coordinators are accommodating, flexible, and so on top of it that it’s not even funny!!! On my wedding day, during a particularly dry “rainy” season in Phoenix, I got an email from Patrick at 8am that there were potential for thunderstorms during our ceremony but not to worry, he had a backup plan! All of this before I even thought to check the weather. When I arrived to the venue (which has big open spaces for the bridal parties to get ready—separately, and beautiful areas for a first look), Patrick immediately showed me his backup plan and it was already set up, just in case! Thankfully he did that because while the rain disappeared, a sandstorm rolled in!!! We had the best wedding ever and beautiful photos— make sure you ask their advice on which photographers to use! I honestly can’t recommend them enough. Our day was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 09/17/2019

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Mike, we loved having you Abby here. Thank you for your kind words. We wish you all the joy and happiness. -Patrick
  • Alyssa

Alyssa B. · Married on 04/05/2019

Breathtakingly Gorgeous

We selected Dorrance Center at the Botanical Garden for our wedding for its natural beauty. What we got in addition to that were great coordinators in Katelyn and Patrick and a wedding we will remember forever. Our guests enjoyed every moment of it and many took advantage of exploring the Garden at large. I could not think of a better venue to have held our wedding at.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Alyssa, it was a pleasure working with you and Jonathan and see you walk down the aisle. We are so happy that you enjoyed your special day here at Desert Botanical Garden.

• Randi

Randi M. · Married on 03/23/2019

6 star Review for DBG and Patrick. Bravo

My event at the Steele Herb Garden was GORGEOUS. Patrick was a DREAM to work with. Professional, courteous, gave amazing advice on vendors. I am extremely particular as I've planned many events, personally and professionally. THE DBG was the best. And it was budget conscious.

Sent on 04/05/2019

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Randi thank you for your kind words. Your event was outstanding. You took the Electric Desert theme to 100 in your decorating and choice of rentals. Standing ovation to you. It fills me with joy to know you are happy with how the event turned out. Thank you again.
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/09/2019

You can't beat the Desert Botanical Gardens for a wedding spot!

My husband and I got married at the Steel Herb Garden and I couldn't rave about it enough. It was such a beautiful venue and it didn't really need any decorations since it is such a beautiful spot. It was a nice intimate area of the gardens and you can also see Camelback Mountain from the venue. Also, my guests were able to nip out for a little bit and enjoy the light show that the garden has going on right now. Katelyn and Patrick are both the wedding event coordinators for the DGB and they are both lovely people to work with. They were super friendly and accommodating! I had a lot of people come up to me and say that it was the best wedding that they have ever been to!

Sent on 03/12/2019

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Amy and Cory - Thank you so much for sharing your love story with us. It was a pleasure to meet you both and enjoy the evening with your family and friends. Please share wedding photos!
    Patrick and Katelyn

Elizabeth M. · Married on 01/19/2019

Botanical Bliss

Katelyn is a dream to work with. The garden is the most magical place to get married. The natural beauty requires ZERO additional decor. The staff at the garden make every part of the process easy, fun and special. The grounds are a photographers dream come true with lighting at sunset that will proudly be displayed in your photos for years to come. The fact that our out of town guests got to come to such a beautiful location and fully experience what Arizona has to offer was a complete joy. Both the bride and groom got a room to themselves for their bridal party to sit in prior to the ceremony which made it easy to store things and gather oneself before such a monumental moment. Guests of the garden were more than polite getting out of the way for photos etc. Love and support was felt every step of the way the day of. I can also share that the price for everything we got was TOTALLY worth it and well in line with our budget. They do have options for every budget which is refreshing compared to other venues in and around this area. A must add to your list of locations to check out as you consider where to say your "I do's".

Sent on 01/22/2019

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Elizabeth - We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you.

Darija H. · Married on 11/24/2018

Awesome experience from day one!

The staff at the gardens was amazing and made the planning process very easy. The venue was absolutely beautiful! Our wedding guests are still commenting on how amazing the entire experience was for them. I highly recommend DBG to anyone! It was magical!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Darija and Nick - We are over joyed that you enjoyed your special day here at Desert Botanical Garden. It was a pleasure to work with you and see you walk down the aisle.

Da & · Married on 11/10/2018

Beautiful and Special

It was a lot of work compared to the all inclusive venues as we need to work with vendors and rentals on our own, but we have no regrets about our decision to have our wedding at the DBG because it was so perfect! The Gardens are beautiful and filled with plants and scenery only can be seen in the Southwest. Many of our guests were from out of state and they were amazed at the beauty of nature here. The event managers of the DBG, Patrick and Katelyn, were super helpful and organized about everything.
    Our ceremony and reception were hold at the Steele Herb Garden, a small outdoor venue which was perfect for our small and intimate wedding. I highly recommend it if you plan to have a small wedding too (around or less than 50 guests) and loves nature.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

We are so happy that you enjoyed your wedding day. It was a pleasure to work with you both. Your added touch of lighting really made the night romantic and special.

Kristin T. · Married on 10/20/2018

Beautiful scenery

The Desert Botanical Gardens was a beautiful place to hold our cactus themed wedding/ceremony! The staff was very friendly and helpful when planing months ahead. They answered all my questions and ran the rehearsal smoothly. The big day was more magical than I ever imagined! Thank you DBG for your hospitality and stunning sourroundings!

Sent on 11/02/2018

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Kristin and Jacob - We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your special day here at Desert Botanical Garden. It was a pleasure to work with you and see you walk down the aisle.
  • artemisa

Artemisa · Married on 10/12/2018

Desert Botanical Garden, AMAZING!

I absolutely loved our wedding venue. We got married in the amphitheater. It was gorgeous and affordable! Check out their venue, you won't regret it!

Sent on 10/23/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/29/2018

Affordable & Stunning

The Desert Botanical Gardens was the perfect wedding destination. We wanted to be outdoors and showcase our love for the desert landscape of Arizona. With all of the crazy details, nearly a dozen different vendors, a large guest count, and the fact that it was raining on the day of our wedding, the staff went above and beyond to assist with our special day. Could not rave enough about the quality of their service!

Sent on 10/21/2018

Desert Botanical Garden's reply:

Hannah - We are over joyed that you enjoyed your special day here at Desert Botanical Garden. It was a pleasure to work with you and see you walk down the aisle.

Krystal · Married on 04/16/2016

We booked our ceremony at the Desert Botanical Garden. The ceremony was absolutely perfect. DBG is a beautiful place to have a wedding. Nicole (DBG wedding/event coordinator) was professional and helpful. Look no further if you are in search of a venue site with abundant natural beauty.

Sent on 04/21/2016

It was a dream come true when we booked DBG as our wedding venue. We chose the Webster auditorium/Ullman Terrace, and it was perfect! Nicole was great to work with, very professional and willing to answer all of our questions and concerns. Everyone raved on how beautiful the wedding turned out to be! We couldn't have asked for a better day and the weather was to our favor! Thank you DBG for making our day so special!

Sent on 04/26/2016

We cannot begin to say enough incredible things about my experience working with DBG for our wedding which took place on April 18, 2015. The staff was so helpful and accommodating. We could not possibly have felt more peace of mind knowing our wedding would be in such a beautiful setting. They have a selection of professional caterers. They have their own liquor license. The margaritas are top notch.

Sent on 06/28/2015

Jeanette · Married on 11/08/2014

It was a dream come true to have our Special Day at the Desert Botanical Garden. When Chris and I visited the Garden together for the first time, I knew that it was the perfect venue for our wedding. When we finally got engaged and started planning for the big day, Desert Botanical was the only venue on our lists. What a pleasure to work with Amber Hahn, she was calm, accommodating, and very professional. All our many questions were answered quickly!

The day of the wedding was unforgettable. The weather was perfect for an outside wedding. The ceremony and reception was held at the Ullman Terrace. Our family and friends were impressed at how beautiful the Garden was. They said everything was perfect! The Garden Butte was stunning background for the ceremony and the saguaros on the butte was lit at night, what an unbelievable site! Thank you so much DBG and Amber Hahn! We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/08/2014