DES Makeup Studio Reviews

DES Makeup Studio 2

Lisa · Married on 09/16/2016

3.6
      3.0

My only negative feedback is that they were about an hour late. They still finished on time

Sent on 04/13/2017

3.4
      3.5

I used DES Makeup Studio for my hair and make-up on my wedding day. Communication prior to and leading up to the wedding was good. I liked that the company had a questionnaire asking about my preferences for hair and make-up. Eva arrived on time and got to work. Eva took apart a disappointing fresh hairpiece that I had purchased and added it all around my up-do, which was so much better than what the florist gave me. I loved my hair, but my make-up was not at all what I expected. My eyes were very dark and dramatic while the rest of my face was quite pale, almost chalky with the air-brushed foundation. I felt like it showed every wrinkle and sag on my face. It did not look natural or "fresh" to me at all. I requested that we darken my lips and put more color on my face, but I was at a loss for what to do with my eyes. There was no time to take it off and do it over! In hindsight, it would have been beneficial to have her do one eye and make sure it was meeting expectations before completing my whole face. The day was quite hot and humid. The wedding was outside and there was no breeze. My make-up barely lasted through the ceremony. My lipstick was mostly gone by the time I had said my vows. During our post-ceremony photo session my make-up rubbed off on my husband, anywhere my face touched his. He had it on his nose, cheeks, forehead... Again, I loved my hair, but the make-up was disappointing.

Sent on 09/02/2015