DERCO FINE JEWELERS Reviews

46 | San Francisco, CA

46 Reviews for DERCO FINE JEWELERS

sheila · Married on 11/03/2007

Beautiful jewelry and wonderful pricing! We purchased both of our rings there! Great customer service!

Sent on 05/27/2008

Brieanne · Married on 10/28/2007

they were extremely helpful, corresponded via email when we were trying to work out details, delivered a beautiful product, and check/clean my ring as often as i want. nothing brightens my day like a fresh sparkling diamond!

Sent on 02/12/2009
  • Nam

Nam · Married on 03/06/2016

My husband and I re-designed my engagement ring setting after the proposal, after he chose the diamond and a generic shank so that it would be a surprise. As I was abroad at the time and unable to come in for trials or discussions in person, we all communicated through emails, with me sending sketches to them, my husband clarifying details over the phone, and them responding with their 3D interpretations of my sketches. It was a very collaborative process and they were very knowledgeable about the effects that various settings and design decisions would have on the stability and security of the diamond itself. They responded very quickly and spent a lot of time getting things perfect with us, even creating a wax mold so we could see how our chosen diamond would actually look in the final setting. I absolutely love the final design and get tons of compliments on it! Their after-sales service has also been really great, even a year after the wedding. We've moved to NYC now but I would recommend them to anyone in the area.

Sent on 03/07/2017

3.5

Had an awesome experience here. They have a wide variety of center stone and setting styles. Prices are reasonable, without the markup of designer brand names. There is an option to set the stone in a plain setting, then upgrade to a setting of your choosing afterward with the cost of the plain setting fully refunded. Great customer service. Would highly recommend to everyone.

Sent on 02/23/2014

Erika · Married on 10/13/2007

3.5

They had the rings ready early and they looked beautiful. They cleaned them just before the wedding. The only complaint I have is that one of the people working there did not size my husband's ring correctly. I think that was more of an issue with the person than with the company though.

Sent on 10/08/2008
  • julai13

elizabeth · Married on 08/30/2003

I can't really rate the value for cost since my husband spent the day and the money picking out my engagement ring, but I can say they have some really nice designs. My husband chose a simple 4 prong setting for my engagement ring since he knew I would eventually choose another setting. I found a design I liked on the web and Derco custom made my new setting. We have gone back 3 other times to purchase jewelry from Derco and our sales associate, Judy, was very professional/helpful and super nice/flexible.

Sent on 09/24/2008

Alina · Married on 03/17/2018

I went to Derco in person twice. The first time with a friend and the second time with my fiance. Both times they answered all of my questions and walked me through many options to help me narrow down what I liked. They were super patient with me. My fiance took it from there, working with them to finalize my engagement ring. The main diamond isn't too big (less than 1) but it still sparkles incredibly. It's been 8 months and I still can't stop looking at it! I've gone back twice to get it resized/cleaned and both times they've been super responsive, speedy, and done great work.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Denise · Married on 07/11/2007

3.0

Derco, was so great. I did not choose them because it was where my husband purchased my engagement ring but their customer service has been great. I worked with the store at the jewelry center and they have hard hours to work with when you are working full time and you have to pay for parking, but since then they have opened another location in the Bloomingdale's mall and I go there now. I love all of our rings. I got them fast, for a good price and I can take them in for maintenance for the rest of my life. Totally recommend!!

Sent on 08/14/2008

Connie · Married on 02/17/2007

3.5

We went to the Jewlery Mart so you have to call in advance to get in. The ring settings are at a definite discount but the actual diamond was what you would pay at other jewelers. They definitely can't handle crowds and if it's busy expect to wait awhile. Other than that they had a good selection and I felt we got a good deal.

Sent on 10/04/2008

Mabel · Married on 06/23/2006

We went to the original Derco in the SF Gift Center and got the e-ring, wedding bands, and my wedding saphire diamond necklace from there. Our sales person was very helpful and not pushy. We were recommended this place by my cousin who heard it from her friends. It's definitely word of mouth that has gotten people to this jeweler. Because of that, we were confident in buying from a reputable jeweler. They have good prices for the quality.

Sent on 11/10/2007

Stefanie · Married on 08/09/2008

They had the engagement ring of my dreams there! They had a huge selection, and I was stoked to not have to have a custom-made ring. They definitely aren't the most expensive jewelers I've seen (Bailey, Banks, and Biddle is ridiculously high priced), but they're not the cheapest. However, they have great service in person. I had to call for an appraisal for insurance purposes, and I had trouble with them getting back to me promptly.

Sent on 09/23/2008

Kari · Married on 09/08/2007

Derco in the Jewelry Mart had an amazing selection, but it's kind of tricky to get into the Jewelry Mart due to their business hours. However, once we had our rings, we did maintenance with the store in the San Francisco Mall. All of the sales people are very helpful and the prices seemed to be in line with the other jeweler we went to before selecting our rings.

Sent on 10/24/2008

Kara · Married on 06/29/2012

3.5

High quality jewelry and great service. Maybe a bit pricey but I can't complain. I went there specifically for black diamond band and it's stunning.

Sent on 08/15/2012

Dana · Married on 09/24/2011

3.5

They worked with my pickiness and our time constraints and i love my totally unique rings. They are good value too but get very busy/ Sweetie was great to work with and made sure every meeting was efficient and effective.

We had a few rev's on the digital comps which was great- i could visualize and change the ring to be exactly what i want. i also approved the metal ring before stones were added so we knew the end result was exactly what we wanted.

Sent on 12/11/2011

john · Married on 08/31/2004

I got the ring from Derco. Judy really took care of us in terms of helping us select a diamond - she explained all about the diamonds and even brought out different ones so that we can see and compare. We now pretty much deal with her directly for all our jewelry needs.

Sent on 06/19/2008

Danielle · Married on 08/11/2012

4.2
      3.5

We purchased our wedding jewelry at Derco in San Francisco. They are a high volume jeweler and their prices are very good for the quality. Unfortunately, I could not decide on a wedding band. I finally decided on a baguette ring I saw at another very fancy designer jeweler. Derco custom made me my ring for half the price! It was not ready for my wedding day, which was a shame. They loaned us rings for the ceremony, but I wish I had the real ones especially for the photographs.

When I finally got the ring, it was beautiful but too bulky to wear with my engagement ring, which was disappointing. They worked with me the entire time and were very accommodating to my wishes. They had some new rings in at the time and I found a very beautiful thin micro pave ring that looks just perfect with my engagement ring. I sometimes wear my two bands together with our my engagement ring. It's a great option especially for travel.

Overall I would recommend Derco to anyone, especially because of the prices!

Sent on 06/03/2013

Darren · Married on 06/06/2010

4.2

Great value, helpful, reliable service.

Sent on 06/26/2010

Rita · Married on 08/04/2012

3.5

We went to the Derco, located in the SF Jewelry Mart at 888 Brannan Street for our engagement and wedding bands. We were treated wonderfully the first time when purchasing our engagement ring and went back for our wedding bands about a year later. We dealt with a different salesperson than the first time, and were not treated as well, but as far as value goes you can't beat this place! You have to set up an appointment beforehand and the jewelry mart has limited hours, so make arrangements before going that they will be open.

Sent on 10/08/2012

Judy · Married on 03/23/2013

3.4
      3.5

We worked with Joanna for my engagement ring and wedding bands. She was pleasant to work with and was able to provide good insight. We had some issues with resizing the ring where she mailed it without resizing it so I ended up having to spend $100 resizing my ring at a local jeweler.

Sent on 04/02/2013

3.4
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5

After calling the manager we got good service and they ended up doing good quality work on a custom diamond wedding ring that we designed. Problems with them were that our sales person Jeff at first told us that the ring needed 4 weeks to be completed. Then when we went to buy it 5 weeks before the wedding he said it couldn't be completed on-time. After talking to the manager then we got them to finish it in the originally quoted 4 weeks. Other issue was that they actually used a lower number of carats in the ring than the original quote was based on. If the diamond has less carats it should cost less! However to date they still haven't adjusted the price on the ring.

Overall there prices are still lower than competitors, I'd just not recommend using Jeff as your sales guy.

Sent on 10/30/2013
  • F

Joshua · Married on 10/01/2010

2.0
      1.0
      1.0
      2.5
      2.0

Poor customer service, custom engagement ring was late and was mis-stamped as "14k" when the band was actually platinum. Lots of headache and hard to get ahold of them. At least the ring turned out nicely after all that headache!

Sent on 05/08/2011