Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden Reviews

39 | Sonoma, CA

39 Reviews for Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden

Valerie · Married on 08/10/2019

My experience was great.

Gia the restaurant owner and coordinator was wonderful. She was very detailed and to the point. If I didn’t have something the day of the wedding she had it for me.
    She didn’t stress me in the wedding day or before the wedding. The food was so good. My guest till this day will comment on how great the food was.
    The venue was very romantic and the staff are very professional. It was a great package deal. All of my vendors I used in the area love working with The Depot Hotel.
    We still go back to have lunch if we are in the area.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Sima Del Mar · Married on 09/07/2018

Wedding to Remember

My husband and I loved having our wedding at The Depot Hotel Restaurant! Gia took excellent care of us and coordinated everything beautifully. The staff were very attentive and very professional. The food was delicious and the atmosphere was so beautifully elegant. I highly recommend this place for your event. Thank you Gia!

Sent on 08/03/2019
  • Gabby

Gabby · Married on 08/11/2018

We just had our wedding 6 days ago and I'm still so in awe of how well it went. We have received tons of compliments on how beautiful the wedding was and how the food and service was excellent. After having searched for venues to have our wedding (we visited 2) we found the Depot Hotel Restaurant and it was love. Then we met Gia, the wedding coordinator and I knew it was going to be amazing. It was! The restaurant is intimate and romantic. The food is incredible. Gia is the best and is super helpful and knowledgeable and she and her team executed everything we needed perfectly. Our guests who had lived in and around Sonoma for years had never been to the restaurant and have told us they can't wait to come back on their own for dinner. We can't thank the staff at the Depot Hotel Restaurant enough.

Sent on 08/17/2018

Kelsey · Married on 09/30/2017

The Depot Hotel is such a beautiful venue. It was perfect for us because with our smaller group we could all be outside in an intimate environment. Gia was excellent at making sure that everything went as planned. They really make it a hands off, effortless experience.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Hilary · Married on 09/25/2016

We were initially looking for an all inclusive venue. This was not quite that, but the food was so much better than usual banquet food, and Gia, the event coordinator at the Depot, provided us with all the information we needed to easily find a celebrant, flowers, cake and D.J. that she had confidence in. Gia made sure everything went off without a hitch. The venue is so beautiful and because it was unusually hot on the day of our wedding, the lunch was easily moved inside. It couldn't have been better. The price was reasonable. All the appetizers, lunch buffet and alcohol including tax and tips was about $110 per person. Could have been less but we chose one of the pricier buffets.

Sent on 10/15/2016

Anitra · Married on 09/10/2016

The Depot was everything we wanted in a venue - all in one ceremony and reception, intimate, California casual, and nestled in the heart of wine country without being a winery. It also helped that this venue is one of the most beautiful indoor/outdoor venues I visited. Gia is amazing to work with and keeps the ceremony and reception moving at the pace you need and is a true professional, ever ready with suggestions and tips. Since we didn't have an event coordinator and made all the table decorations ourselves the Depot staff graciously placed the decorations, favors, ect out for us before the ceremony even began. Everyone raved about the food (appetizer wise chicken wings were oddly enough the biggest hit) and the alcohol choices from our beverage package were delicious!

Gia and her staff at the Depot really know what they are doing and if you're feeling overwhelmed at the idea of planning your first large party they patiently walk you through everything and in the end everything turns out beautifuly.

Sent on 09/22/2016
  • Justine Anne

Justine · Married on 09/02/2016

I would recommend having your wedding at The Depot to anyone and everyone!

First off, Gia is so easy and wonderful to work with. Easily one of the best vendors to work with. Always informative, organized, and detail oriented.

And that's not even including her staff. They are all very friendly and attentive. All my guests have been telling me how great the service was at my wedding.

The food is also great, I can't even remember all the people who told me they loved the food (from the appetizers to the entrees). The Depot is very flexible with those with dietary needs, as well. My grandmother is gluten free and vegan, and the chef made a delicious plate just for her (she loved it!)

I can go on and on. I'm so glad my husband and I booked The Depot for our wedding! One of the best decisions we made (:

Sent on 09/24/2016

Judy · Married on 08/27/2016

The wedding at the Depot was intimate, charming, and beautiful for 150 guests. Gia Ghilarducci was very responsive, gave helpful advice from her experience (rather than just answers we wanted to hear), and was a Godsend on the day of the wedding. The food was outstanding, with many guests seeking us out to rave about the food. The staff was professional, pleasant, and well trained. The wedding was gorgeous and a success in every way. If we had to do it again, we would choose The Depot (and Gia) all over again.

Sent on 09/18/2016

The Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden was the PERFECT venue for our wedding! We’re so glad we found them, and we cannot recommend them highly enough.
    The venue itself is absolutely stunning and romantic. The food is incredible. The owner, Gia Ghilarducci, makes every step of the process easy. The Depot will absolutely work with you to make your event unique and special.
    We initially chose the venue not only because it is a charming and romantic spot with excellent food, but because the location is so convenient. As most of our guests were not local, it was so helpful for the wedding and reception to be just a few steps from the Sonoma Plaza. Since the Depot provides all their policies and pricing up front and on-line, planning the wedding long-distance and budgeting effectively was a breeze.
    While Gia provided ample information on recommended vendors for services the venue does not cover, we were entirely free to use our choice of vendors. We also found a perfect menu that had something for everyone. We went with the Venetian buffet; every dish was absolutely delicious, and Chef Michael Ghilarducci was totally willing to work with us to ensure that any and all dietary restrictions were accommodated.
    Gia and the rest of her friendly, helpful staff made sure our wedding day was perfect on their end. Everything was set up beautifully, the transitions between the ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner, and dancing went without a hitch, dinner was to die for, and at the end of the night, they packed up everything for us.
    We had no stress planning the wedding, no stress preparing for the event, and my husband, our families, our guests, and I got to relax and enjoy our special day in the perfect setting. If we had it to do over, we would book the Depot again in a heartbeat!

Sent on 06/22/2016

Jenny · Married on 10/10/2015

We chose the Depot Hotel to have both our ceremony and reception for our lovely fall wedding in Sonoma because of it's amazing location and affordable price! Gia, the owner and wedding planner, is extremely professional and knowledgeable about EVERYTHING when it comes to wedding planning. She's very responsive and quick with any phone calls or emails. She made our wedding planning super smooth and we definitely appreciated that since my husband and I are both super busy with work. I gave her very minimal instructions with the candles, center pieces and some decoration items the day before during our rehearsal practice. Gia and her staff were able to put everything together the next day and it was absolutely romantic. All our guests loved the ambience, the food and the outstanding services! The event also went smoothly and there was no issues or hiccups (thank goodness)! I highly recommend this venue for any young couple who are looking for a romantic venue for their big day without over-spending!

Sent on 11/06/2015

This venue has such natural beauty that it makes it so easy to plan a reception and ceremony. Gia, the wedding coordinator, is amazing. She is always responsive, professional and eager to help in any way she can. The food exceeded my expectations and all of our guests were so impressed. Being able to buy out the venue is a great option and prices are reasonable. I highly recommend this venue for ceremonies, receptions and/or rehearsal dinners.

Sent on 09/20/2015

Cristina · Married on 06/14/2015

We had both our wedding ceremony and reception at the Depot Hotel Restaurant & Garden in Sonoma, CA. First off, Gia, their events coordinator, is a joy to work with. She was very helpful in our planning stages from afar (we live in Michigan) as well as very welcoming when we arrived in California. There are lots of pictures of this venue on Pinterest, but they do not even do it justice. My favorite part is that this is an old establishment with updated tables, chairs, wine glasses, etc. so it is the perfect combination of old and new. The food and drinks were also incredible. We had 40 people, and this was the perfect place.

Sent on 07/21/2015

cho · Married on 05/30/2015

Gia, the catering manager, and the staff at Depot Hotel Restaurant made our son's rehearsal dinner memorable! I cannot say enough about the setting, the food, and the service they provided our attendees. During the planning stages, Gia was so helpful and prompt with answers for any questions we had. We ended up choosing four appetizers and a choice of three entrees. All were incredibly delicious, and the pricing was straightforward with NO surprises! The staff was so attentive....everyone in attendance LOVED the evening. The entire process from the initial meeting to the actual event was incredibly easy. The Depot Hotel Restaurant will now be our Sonoma go to restaurant when we are in town. Thank you, Gia, for an incredible evening!

Sent on 06/04/2015
  • Y

Yuki · Married on 01/31/2015

The event coordinator, Gia, was very professional and responsive in all of our correspondences leading up to the wedding. And the staff was very friendly to our guests and really helped make our intimate wedding even more special and welcoming. The venue is charming, beautiful, and inviting - like walking into a friend's garden. The fact that they don't charge extra for you to have your wedding ceremony there is a huge plus - they do all the work of placing the chairs and striking them according to your schedule. It's such a bargain, but it will feel like a dream-come-true Sonoma wedding!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Masie · Married on 10/17/2014

My mother-in-law and I found the Depot Hotel on wedding wire and absolutely fell in love with the venue! Perfect for a small wedding and it was great for our larger rehearsal dinner! We had around 60 people, so they have this beautiful backyard area with an Italian feel and twinkle lights that really set the mood. We did the appetizer buffet stations which were a huge hit with out guests, since they could pick from multiple options and it kept a more casual feel where people could roam around and talk. Gia was a huge help and made sure to meet our every request. She was flexible and always timely when responding to our emails. So perfect, would recommend to anyone and would book again.

Sent on 11/21/2014
  • Sydney

Sydney · Married on 10/10/2014

Absolutely wonderful. I wouldn't have changed a thing. Gia was a lifesaver and handled everything spectacularly. Definitely a beautiful places with scenery I will remember forever. And the food was to die for. Everyone is still talking about how great the food was!

Sent on 10/18/2014

Lily · Married on 09/24/2014

Great location, beautiful space, wonderful staff. I wish we could do it all over again!

Sent on 11/09/2014

James · Married on 08/23/2014

Gia and her staff were very accommodating, very easy to work with, and attentive. Gia made polite suggestions for our suggestions. They don't "nickle-and-dime" you with extra charges, which was great because we knee how much money to expect to pay! Food is of restaurant quality, rather than hotel. Gia was very flexible, and knowing how chaotic weddings could be, she made this experience super easy and enjoyable for us. Thank you, Gia and staff!!

Sent on 08/25/2014

James · Married on 08/23/2014

Sent on 09/03/2014
  • Glenda

Glenda · Married on 04/27/2014

I had my wedding here on April 27th 2014 and it was wonderful! This place is amazing and has the cutest garden with a central fountain and it was perfect for both my ceremony and reception. Gia helped me coordinate my wedding and was so kind to me throughout the wedding planning and all of the staff at the Depot are very kind as well.

They put up all my wedding decorations and made everything look perfect! The food was wonderful and they accommodated my vegetarian diet and my friends gluten free diets!

Sent on 04/29/2014

Kat · Married on 10/19/2013

I can go on and on about how amazing the Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden is, and I will! EVERYTHING from the food, the decor, the outdoor setting, EVERYTHING was beyond any expectation I had for my wedding and reception. Gia handled everything with ease, professionalism and extreme care. My husband and I live in Spokane, WA, so planning a wedding a thousand miles was a little stressful to say the least. We contacted several vendors throughout Sonoma, and as you can imagine, they were either very difficult to receive responses from or a little over our budget. Gia was the first vendor to contact us right away and was "all inclusive" which was a life and time saver for me. Gia and her staff made planning a piece of cake and followed every crazy instruction of mine to a "T." All of our guests raved over the delicious food, fantastic outdoor space and intimate ambience and the location of this historic venue. My husband and I plan to come back for our one year anniversary and dine at the Depot Hotel Restaurant because we want more of their fantastic food and service. So, if you are looking for an intimate and special venue for your special day, I would HIGHLY recommend Gia and her amazing staff at the Depot Hotel Restaurant and Garden.

Sent on 11/04/2013

We recommend this venue to anyone who would like easy, low-stress planning and a lovely, delicious and comfortable occasion experience. Gia and the Depot Hotel Restaurant staff offered well planned reception packages and help in planning our wedding, dinner and dancing. The location allowed flexibility in areas in which we could choose to have our ceremony, have our dinner and dancing. We had flexibility in our menu selections and drink selections. That the people here had had extensive experience was evident in their competence, and we also felt that our wedding was special and unique.

Sent on 08/04/2013

Joan · Married on 09/27/2012

I enjoyed working with Gia, even if a thousand miles away! I felt sure of the venue and was very pleased with the setting and the food and the service. Thank you for a job well done and a service well performed!

Sent on 10/18/2012

Heather · Married on 08/06/2011

Gia and her staff are absolutely amazing! Gia was so helpful during the planning stages, always available to answer all of my questions and very responsive to any emails or phone calls. She provided some great suggestions and was very flexible in regards to what my husband and I were envisioning for our wedding day.

The reception decor was a very non-stressful element thanks to The Depot staff! I literally dropped off boxes of favors, name cards, centerpieces, etc the morning of the reception and Gia took care of it! Everything looked beautiful, the food was excellent and the beverage service was great, my glass was never more than half empty :-)

I would HIGHLY recommend this venue to anyone who is looking for a beautiful location with great food and great service. The pictures were stunning, The Depot truly embodies the spirit of Sonoma.

~Heather & Brad

Sent on 08/22/2011

JOHN · Married on 06/25/2011

IF YOU WANT TO TAKE MOST OF THE STRESS AND HASSLE OUT OF YOUR PLANNING
    THE DEPOT HOTEL WILL DO THAT FOR YOU. ALL OUR GUESTS (AROUND 75) HAD A GREAT TIME. THE FOOD SETTING AND SERVICE WAS GREAT. THE ONLY SAD THING WAS HAVING THE DAY COME TO AN END. GIA WAS EASY TO WORK WITH AND VERY HELPFUL.
    THE OUTDOOR PATIO WAS VERY PRIVATE AND A BEAUTIFUL SPACE TO BE IN.
    MY BRIDE AND I HAD A GREAT DAY!

Sent on 07/11/2011