Dennis Vineyards Reviews

78 | Albemarle, NC

78 Reviews for Dennis Vineyards

78 Dennis Vineyards Reviews

Kristina · Getting married on 04/27/2019

We booked this gorgeous vineyard for my son's October wedding on a Sunday afternoon ( 10-8-2017). The Weather was perfect and the vines still a beautiful green color. The owners are kind and the venue offers so much that is included in the booking cost. The venue also has a list of "best vendors" which was incredibly helpful for choosing florist, caterer, photographer, photo booth, videographer, etc. There are many vineyards and many other venues to host your wedding, but Dennis Vineyards offers the best deal in terms of gorgeous location, facilities, amenities and location. We were thrilled with the location and the ease of working with the owners. Wine selection is excellent, very reasonable and for those of us who don't drink, the non-alcoholic wine slushies are awesome. Thank you for helping create a dream wedding day for my son and daughter-in-law! Highly recommended to everyone !!!

Sarah · Married on 09/15/2018

This Venue was awesome. Reasonably priced, tons of things included, gorgeous, great for an indoor, outdoor or covered event. They were very fast about responsiveness, super duper easy to work with. No hidden fees for using vendors not on their list. They were flexible, this venue is about you, your needs, and what YOU want, and Dennis Vineyards never forgot that. Highly highly recommend them any time!

Chantasy · Married on 08/19/2018

Choose this venue! You won’t regret it!I recently had a Sunday wedding here and I could not have been more pleased with the entire process. From the day that we first toured the venue until the wedding was over Sunday night, Amy and her entire team were so helpful. They were quick to answer any questions and address any concerns that we had. They were very accessible and offered some great guidance and advice along the way. A majority of what we needed (tables, chairs, table linens, and even lantern centerpieces) was included in the price of the venue which was huge for us. They also set up all the table and chairs for both the ceremony and the reception which was also a tremendous help. The bridal suite and grooms den were perfect for us. I planned my wedding from out of state and I do not think think it would have been possible without the Dennis Vineyard team. They really helped make our big day amazing and I am so thankful that we were able to work with them. All of our friends and family loved the venue and were talking about the views and how beautiful it was for days after the wedding. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the area.

Chantasy & Abdulai

Sent on 08/23/2018

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much Chantasy! This review literally brought tears to my eyes. Your kindness is so appreciated! We loved being a part of your special day and getting to meet your family and friends. It's always a joy to see so many people from so many walks of life come together to celebrate a wedding. It never gets old. I am so thankful that we lived up to your expectations and I wish you and Abdulai nothing but the very best!

Kendal · Married on 04/21/2018

The Dennis family runs the whole thing from start to finish and they are so caring, kind, and friendly. Knowing they were present during my big day put me at ease. They work hard to make it exactly what you want! You will NOT be disappointed.

Sent on 04/29/2018

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Kendal, that is so kind of you to say! I am so glad that we lived up to your expectations and that your wedding was everything you'd hoped for! I sincerely appreciate the review and hope that we will see you and Matt as the years pass and you celebrate anniversary after sweet anniversary :)

Erica · Married on 10/07/2017

Where to begin? From the moment my husband and I stepped on the property to tour the vineyard, we knew Dennis Vineyards would be the location of our wedding. You will not find a more southern and gracious host as the Dennis family; they will treat you just like you are part of their family. They were very accommodating to my busy schedule, took the time to answer all my questions, and made the planning effortless. It rained the day of the wedding so we could not have the ceremony under the trees like we planned BUT they took care of moving the ceremony to the patio overlooking the vineyard and the pond and it was just as beautiful (maybe even better). I loved the story of Mr. Dennis with his wife marrying on a rainy day and stating how those are the best marriages of all. All the guests raved about the delicious wine and the gorgeous location. Amy and family, thank you SO SO much for everything!

Sent on 11/17/2017

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Oh my gosh, we were so thrilled to work with you as well! It is never anyone's wish for it to rain on their wedding day but I'm glad we were able to work out a plan that was just as beautiful! I am incredibly humbled by your comments on us and our staff. We always strive to be as kind and helpful as we would want others to be. I'm glad we succeeded :) Thank you both again for choosing us and we wish you tons of happiness!!
  • Lindsey

Lindsey · Married on 05/12/2017

Omigoodness, where to start...this place is beyond amazing! Amy and her lovely family are truly the best. I'm so glad I got married here! They were all so helpful and genuinely caring! Above and beyond is such an understatement. I could email them at anytime and expect a response within the hour, sometimes quicker. Everyone was so sweet and friendly! It doesn't even feel like you're dealing with a place of business...it feels like family!!! My wedding was absolutely beautiful and everything I'd always dreamed about, largely in part to everyone here at Dennis! The wine itself is phenomenal! I can't imagine why you'd want to go anywhere else. I love these guys!!!

Celisa · Married on 05/06/2017

Would absolutely recommend Dennis Vineyards for a wedding. We had our daughters rehearsal dinner & wedding there this past Saturday and it was wonderful! The landscape is meticulously manicured and lush, flowers blooming and the staff here is exceptional! They watched the weather being that it was raining and ran down to dry the seats off for the guests once the clouds rolled by. It turned out perfect! ~ They have also added on new bridal and new grooms dressing rooms that are large and beautifully decorated. Everything was spotlessly clean! Ballroom is GORGEOUS!
    Honestly not one single complaint for this venue! It was AMAZING!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for the review! I am so glad that your daughter loved our venue and put full trust in our staff to make sure her wedding day was one to remember! I know the weather was not 100% ideal but I'm very happy that we were still able to make it work! God made a way! I wish the sweet newly weds nothing but happiness and love as they grow and learn together in this wonderful journey called life. May they be blessed beyond words!

Monica · Married on 04/15/2017

I emailed for a price quote and date availability after business hours and Amy responded by 9am the next day. She was able to schedule us for a viewing that week on the day that worked best for us. When we showed up she was incredibly prepared for our visit right down to linen samples, rain plans, and a full recommended vendor list (even though you can use whomever you wish). She took the time to show us photos of prior weddings that took place the during the same date range we were looking at, and even showed us photos of wedding that used the same/similar colors as our palette during the same season so we would know how our bridesmaids would look for outdoor photos. She went above and beyond what we expected for a viewing and we ended up booking on the spot. She made sure we understood everything and knew how to get in touch with her whenever we needed. I feel incredibly confident having our wedding here and working with Amy and her family. She has a great sense of humor and you can tell she really wants to make sure her brides are well taken care of for their big day.

Sent on 06/27/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Monica, thank you for the kind words. I really liked you and Zeb as well and felt an immediate connection. I feel that we will have a great time working with you both. Excited to be part of your wedding!

Courtney · Married on 10/29/2016

Dennis vineyards is probably the best place ever! Fantastic wine. Fantastic people. And amazing area! Absolutely recommend for weddings, parties, or just a night of wine tasting.

Sent on 01/14/2017

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Courtney, I like that "probably the best place ever". That made me laugh today! I really am glad that you like our property as well as our staff. Oh, and our wines! I look forward to seeing you and Sam a lot in the years to come :)

Katara · Married on 10/28/2016

I looked at every single vineyard in Stanley County, and every single one of them failed to compare to the service, amenities and view of Dennis Vineyards. The staff was helpful, encouraging and open to working with us on what we needed to get done. I was so thankful for Dennis Vineyards. They made my wedding day an absolute breeze.

Sent on 01/19/2017

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Katara, thank you so much for the kind words. We really loved working with you and knew that it would be a breeze from the moment we met you! It was a joy getting to know you and Cody. You're both so kind and easygoing - the perfect combination!! Oh! And just so you know... the grapevine wreath with lavender that you wrapped around all of our centerpieces was gorgeous! That's become our go to picture to show brides who want to "jazz up" our lanterns. Awesome job on your DIY! We wish you both the very best and hope that you will come back and see us sometime!!

Eliu · Married on 10/08/2016

It is an amazing place! The lake/gazebo combination was a beautiful location for our wedding photos. The ball room accommodated all 200 of our guests without a problem, and the ambiance of the place made everything even special. What my wife and I loved the most was the friendliness of the staff. They are very attentive to one's needs and made everything easy and simple for us. Thank you Dennis Vineyards!

Sent on 10/17/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

I am so glad that you enjoyed your wedding day! The weather definitely did not play nice for you but it's very good to hear that you were still happy with how everything turned out. You and your families were a joy to work with. It was so nice to see a gathering of people where everyone was happy and full of love for the couple! But who couldn't love you and Dunia?! Your kind, sweet spirits made the event so enjoyable for everyone in attendance, us included. We wish you every blessing in the world!
  • User6620137 · 2+ years ago

Amy Dennis and family are one of a kind and rain or shine will make your wedding just as you'd like it! Venue is gorgeous, table linens provided as well as optional center pieces, tables and bar service. Not to mention they have the best wine in NC!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words! That's definitely one of our strong suits - we never let rain put a damper on your wedding day! We have so many backup plans and take care of them without any hassle. Your day will still flow smoothly and be super enjoyable! And you're definitely right... the wine's not half bad either... if I do say so myself! Everyone at Dennis Vineyards wishes you joy, love and laughter!

Kaci · Married on 09/09/2016

From day one the Dennis family felt like they were my family. Amy Dennis easily became one of my favorite people during my wedding process. The staff/family were easy to communicate with, gave great advice and helped make my wedding day perfect! They were so kind and professional, I couldn't imagine a more perfect venue to hold my wedding and reception.

Sent on 09/17/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much, Kaci. You and your party were an absolute pleasure to work with. Truthfully some of the kindest and lighthearted people I've ever had the joy of meeting. You and Andrew were so sweet to watch. The love you have for each other was undeniable and lit up the room. As you walked down the aisle and saw him in his dress blues for the first time and he saw you in your bridal gown... so, so touching. I am overjoyed and also humbled that you chose our venue. It's been great getting to know you and I sincerely hope that you will come back and visit with us over the years!!! All the best!!

Stephanie · Married on 09/04/2016

Ever since I've been going to Dennis Vineyard I always say to my friends I would love to get married here one day, well that dream is coming true, and I can't say how excited I am to be able too. The Dennis Family is always so nice and welcoming when you when you go to drink wine, and the location is BEAUTIFUL!! I would def recommend people to Dennis Vineyard! Not to mention they have the BEST wine!!! :)

Sent on 11/05/2015

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much Stephanie! We are so happy and honored to be such a big part of your special day. And you forgot to mention just how you came to be booked at Dennis Vineyards... This amazing hubby-to-be knew how much she loved our venue and booked it as a surprise... before she even had the ring! Talk about two big and beautiful surprises! CAN'T WAIT!

Ashley · Married on 06/24/2016

We had the worst time finding a venue, literally the worst...that is until we accidentally ran into Lauren and Amy at a bridal fair we hadn't planned to go to. The sweetest people on earth to work with and they truly care about your wedding. Every single step of the way they were available to speak with. I never once had to wait on a response. The venue itself is breath taking and the wine is amazing. I can not rave about this venue enough. They made my wedding dreams come true. Simply the best choice in wedding venues.

Sent on 07/11/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

I am so glad that you bumped into me, Ashley! It was a great pleasure getting to know you and Evan. Y'all are such a fun, sweet couple with an absolute love for life. It pours from the both of you and infects others with happiness as well. Oh, and just so you know, your dress was absolutely stunning!! You were a beautiful, beautiful bride :) Now y'all be happy! And come back and see us!

ALICIA · Married on 06/18/2016

Dennis Vineyards is absolutely beautiful. It was perfect for our day! Amy and her family are so helpful and kind. Highly recommended!

Sent on 07/07/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Hi Alicia! We are so happy that you were satisfied with our property and service on the day of your wedding. You and Andrew were an absolute pleasure to work with and get to know. We wish you both all the very best! Come back and see us sometime :)

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

This family-owned vineyard was the perfect choice for my husband and me, and it was special since we visited it for a tasting on one of our first dates. Amy Dennis and her daughter were quick to respond to questions and were also upfront and honest -- I never felt like we were getting the "run-around." Mr. Dennis himself helped my day-of coordinator (my close friend) hang decorations and set up. We got a discount on Dennis wine for the reception, and they did also give us a military discount on the price of wine in addition to that. The dressing room for the bridal party inside of "A Place in the Vineyard" was big enough for my 6 bridesmaids and me to change into our dresses and pray, but we got our hair and makeup done prior to arriving (at the Holiday Inn in Albemarle, NC). You would probably not want to use this dressing room as a getting ready space, though Dennis does have another building that could be rented that could potentially be used for that reason. We picked the gazebo area: it was absolutely lovely! The reception hall "A Place in the Vineyard" was plenty big for our 100 guests to have a seated dinner and a dance floor. Our guests slurped down Dennis's peach wine slushies at the cocktail hour. Fortunately, Amy thought to save some for my husband and me to enjoy at the reception. I cannot think of a complaint. The venue is not cheap, but it is fairly priced for the area and the service involved (clean-up at end of night, linens of many colors varieties, bartending, discount on wine, help with set-up, and use of tall centerpiece candles to name a few).

Sent on 03/20/2017

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Hi Kate! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! I am really glad to hear that everything went as smoothly as you'd hoped for your big day! I am so happy that you chose our venue and wish you and your husband all the best!!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 03/26/2016

I shopped around to many many wedding venues. But, nothing topped Dennis Vineyards. They are very professional and have a lot to offer. The Dennis family is absolutely amazing! They were so helpful and so wonderful during my wedding planning and the whole week before my wedding. I got married on March 26th. Although the vines were dormant, the grounds were still very beautiful. The event center is immaculate. They take pride in their venue and genuinely care for their clients and the concerns we may have! Such as weather! It sprinkled on my wedding day before the ceremony. They kept an eye on the weather and had a back up plan for me. They eased my worries. I definitely recommend Dennis Vineyards! If I could do it all again, i would choose them again and again. Through the whole wedding planning process, they become family to you! Not just a business transaction. Thumbs up guys! You rock. Thank you for everything!

Sent on 06/15/2016

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Whitney, you are too, too sweet. Your review made me cry! We certainly try very hard to ensure that every single person leaves with great memories. I connected with you from the very moment you toured the venue and hoped that you would book so that we could continue to get to know each other. It has been a blessing to know you and although I did not get to work with Paul as much as you, I can see that he's a real treasure! Everyone at Dennis Vineyards adored working with you. Please come back to see us sometime! And all the best wishes for you both!!

Dennis Vineyards is so beautiful. The staff has exceptional customer service skills and their prices are wonderful for everything you're able to get! They are flexible and will answer any questions that you may have! They are wonderful. We had an amazing wedding! They truly know their stuff and have such a magnificent facility!! 10 stars!!!!

Morgan · Married on 11/01/2015

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding. Amy Dennis is so sweet and responds quickly to all emails which makes the planning process easy. It rained on our wedding day and we had to use the patio for our ceremony and it was perfect! We choose the venue mostly because of the ceremony site under the trees but our guests were commenting on how the view from the patio couldn't have been better. We rented the golf cart for guests to be brought to the ceremony site but didn't need it because of the rain. When we wanted to go take pictures after the ceremony in the rain, Mr. Dennis ran and got the golf cart to drive us around and they didn't change us for it. And the wine is sooooo good!!! We would recommend Dennis Vineyards for everyone!

Sent on 11/20/2015

Dennis Vineyards's reply:

Thank you so much Morgan! We loved every minute of your sweet ceremony and reception. You and Kevin are so kind and sweet and know that you have a very bright future ahead of you! Thank you again for choosing to trust us with your special day... I'm very thrilled to hear that we did not disappoint! Don't be strangers, come back and see us for a wine tasting some time :)

Morgan · Married on 11/01/2015

ashley · Married on 10/17/2015

Dennis Vineyards was the perfect location! Beautiful outside as well as inside. The staff were very helpful in helping us to plan, set up, and run our wedding smoothly!

emily · Married on 10/03/2015

I am so excited to be getting married here! It is so gorgeous. They have many different options for the ceremony cite. There is a little grove of pecan trees that I am planning on using for the ceremony instead of the gazebo by the pond. The staff is so nice, I didnt have an appointment to look at the vineyard and they happily showed me around anyways. The wine is also very good! The best vineyard in the area.

My husband and I couldn't have asked for a better place for our wedding & reception! We also couldn't ask for a better family to work with to make sure that everything went as smoothly as it did! We highly recommend Dennis Vineyards and the Dennis family!