Dennis Lee Photography Reviews

13 | Chicago, IL

13 Reviews for Dennis Lee Photography

Emilie Weinheimer · Married on 09/09/2020

Our go-to for photography!

If you're looking for a photographer, Dennis Lee is a must-hire! We were so impressed by our friends' photos from their wedding that he was one of the first vendors we contacted for ours. We knew things could book up fast for wedding season and didn't want to miss the opportunity to work with his team. It was really important to us that our wedding photos looked natural rather than posed and that is Dennis's forte. His team was fantastic and captured so many meaningful moments from our wedding. They were extremely professional and enjoyable to work with and we could not have been happier with our photos!

Sent on 12/02/2019
  • Chelsea

Chelsea Luse · Married on 05/04/2019

Dennis is A-list of Chicago

Wow! Dennis was the most amazing photographer for both our engagement session and the wedding. We had a super complex wedding with outfit changes and a very long day and he and his team were amazing from start to finish. He captured the most beautiful moments and I never even knew he was there! We would recommend Dennis to anyone!

Sent on 05/21/2019

Loved working with Dennis and his assistants. He photographed my sister's wedding 2 years ago and did a wonderful job, so using him for my wedding this summer made it an easy choice. He captured every moment beautifully and made an adorable slideshow set to our first dance song which I can't help but watch over and over again.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Charo · Married on 03/09/2013

Dennis traveled to North Carolina from Chicago to photograph our wedding, and we seriously can not thank him (and his wife!) enough for taking the time out of their schedules to create such a beautiful, honest, intimate collection of images from our wedding day. The photographs are phenomenal - quiet depictions of honest moments, without any awkward posing or manufacturing. Dennis is a true photojournalist, documenting exactly what happens as it happens, unobtrusively and quietly capturing even the most subtle detail, without ever interfering with the course of the day. We knew going in that we had no worries when it came to the photos - and when we received the final take, we were elated, seeing far more than we even imagined. Our wedding photos are respectful, true to life, and true to our personalities and relationship - which is the most you could ask for from your wedding photographer.

We really can't recommend Dennis Lee enough. He is a true expert at his craft, and an incredible observer of real life, real emotions, real family dynamics, and real relationships. If you want your photos to FEEL the way you felt on your wedding day... hire this man. You won't be sorry.

Sent on 04/07/2013

Erin · Married on 11/10/2012

Dennis is amazing! He is way more than just a photographer. He captures great pictures while also helping the wedding party stay organized, not forget anything, help direct the limo/shuttle driver, keeps the mothers calm, you name it, he does it. He is very fun to work with and takes incredible pictures. You will be lucky to have him as your photographer, so book him early! Thanks Dennis!

Sent on 01/08/2013
  • kmarbs

Kelly · Married on 11/11/2011

Dennis Lee is a magician not a photographer. I literally planned my wedding around Dennis's availability, when I got engaged I think Dennis was the first person to find out besides my friends and family. My now husband I knew that we wanted to have a destination wedding and the only vendor I knew I had to have was Dennis Lee. He was the photographer at two of my friends weddings and at my sisters wedding. His photos are breathtaking and he was so natural to work with. He worked with us on creating a photo package we could afford and we were able to bring him to Key West with us. He's not going to make you jump up or do anything gimmicky...but if there's a staged photo you want he's happy to accommodate. He does his best to attended the rehearsal to get a feel for the major players in the wedding and you'll be surprised how quickly you get used to him snapping photos in the background. He does an amazing job of letting you go about your day and just catching natural moments...which I think everyone looks best in. His eye for photo backdrops is flawless. I rented a trolley to take photos in different areas and just told the trolley driver to take us wherever Dennis wanted to go. I can't rave about Dennis enough, he's a genius. Thank you Dennis for being a part of our wedding day, it truly felt like a friend with a camera instead of a vendor.

Sent on 12/05/2011

Stephanie · Married on 07/17/2010

We hired Dennis for our wedding and couldn't have been any happier with him, his team and his photos. I have always loved perusing wedding photographers' websites, even before I got engaged. I came across Dennis' site and was instantly drawn to his style. His photos are instantly timeless, classic ... he's a true artist in the way he sees people, light, landscape. His pictures don't need any added "effects" to be beautiful.

Beyond his incredible talent for photography, he's so down to earth. You instantly feel comfortable and at ease around him.... which is SO important since the wedding will surely be high stress. He's a calming presence.

One of the things about Dennis that impressed us the most is that he attends the wedding rehearsal to get to know the family, meet the VIPs and begin to sense the vibe ahead of time. So, he gives up his Friday afternoons/evenings to begin thinking about your wedding. That's dedication.

Our engagement pictures and wedding pictures were BEAUTIFUL! The angles, the light, the moments. Dennis strives to capture the little, yet meaningful moments... the special glances, hugs, etc. Not posed, fake smiles. And when you want to remember how the wedding actually was... those are the kinds of things you want to look at. Even though he's taking pictures of you in the most natural way, he's also incredible at making you look like models.

I had very high expectations for our wedding photos, and Dennis still managed to exceed them. He's incredible!

Sent on 08/22/2010

Lorna · Married on 09/14/2008

Dennis and his assistant are amazing! They are professional, flexible, fun, and energetic.
    His photos are always reflective of the feelings of the people involved, not just your standard posed photos.
    The results are beautiful and impeccable.
    If you look and his website and his blogs you can see that he really puts his heart and soul into every wedding.
    It is just as personal to him as it is to the family!
    He has a wonderful way of capturing the personality of every person.

Sent on 09/17/2008

Kristin · Married on 09/06/2008

I cannot think of enough fantastic things to say about Mr. Dennis Lee. I know that anyone who knows or meets him feels the same way.

Dennis has a real talent. His photographs are breathtaking and do an amazing job at truly capturing moments and people. His style is classic and results in the most honest and beautiful photos.

Beyond the result, it is Dennis' work personality that makes him so special. He has a way of fitting in so perfectly with every situation and doing so with such respect. He has a great balance of being involved in the moments without it ever feeling like anything is getting in the way. Plus he's really fun!

Highly, HIGHly recommend him - if you are lucky enough to snag him before he's already booked! :)

Sent on 12/03/2008

Sarah · Married on 09/29/2007

Dennis is not only an amazing photographer, but a fun person. His energy was great on our wedding day. I've seen a few of the wedding photos and cannot wait to see the whole lot! Our engagement session with him was wonderful too. Of all the photographers we looked at, he's the only one who gives you full rights to your photos. That's worth a whole lot of $, but I think he's still less expensive than many vendors who claim rights to your images.

Dennis is amazing. Absolutely fantastic.

Sent on 10/22/2007

Meredith · Married on 05/31/2008

The first time I saw photos from a wedding that Dennis shot, I knew I wanted him to shoot our wedding. Our final result is just incredible. I would recommend him to all brides!

Sent on 08/15/2008
  • Jeff

Jeff · Married on 08/20/2011

Dennis is amazing. He was the photographer at our friends' wedding in 2010. Seeing what he had done for them, we knew we were going to at least meet with him. Our meeting was fantastic. He laid every option out, talked about style and schedule. He's very easy going. I don't think I have ever seen him without a smile on his face. Dennis is very good at natural photos that make it feel like you're capturing a frozen moment. You won't be disappointed if you book Dennis Lee Photography.

Sent on 10/17/2011

Lauren · Married on 11/12/2016

3.5

Dennis was one of the first members of our wedding team we hired, and we couldn't have been happier with him from the get-go. We saw his work in a magazine, and we loved the way he excelled at catching the candid moments and capturing the intimate moments in time. He was very professional throughout the entire process. He was helpful - recommending a make-up artist and videographer, both of which we ended up using. He was friendly - coming to the rehearsal before our wedding to make sure he met all the key players. He was low-key - even when things seemed to getting chaotic or stressful. He was great!

The only minor downfalls (and they are VERY minor) - he's not always the most responsive right away via email - but that's because he's busy shooting weddings and events! Totally understandable and he does always get back to you. Second, he's great at the candid moments, but sometimes - during the formal portraits - we wished he had given a little more direction to make sure everyone was standing in the right spot or was looking the same direction. But honestly, I'm sure that's something he would have done had we asked him to - and the photos still came out amazing.

Sent on 03/09/2017