39 Reviews for Demers Ballroom

Glassware (1)
Linens (1)
Valet (1)
39 Demers Ballroom Reviews

Not impressed at all from what I got. Food was good, the venue coordinator Karen was friendly, but too young to be in charge of something as important as a wedding. I think everything was overpriced. Chairs that were suppose to be "new" were wobbly and unstable, cake was hideous---tasted good but ugly, and you know how important that is for pictures, etc. I never got the uplighting that was promised and was told afterwards that this was because it "didn't look good" so beware, they will make executive decisions for you and without you. No paper towels or toilet paper in the bathrooms, leaky roof, building was hot and when we asked for the temperature to be lowered we were met with a big fat no. And when the venue coordinator is under pressure, which is kind of expected at a wedding, be prepared that she will have a pretty nasty attitude. My advice: go and spend your hard earned money somewhere else.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 3/5/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Valet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Server(s), Altar/Arches, Centerpieces, Chairs, Decor, Drapery, Furniture, Tables, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Rentals, In-House Catering, Set Up, Barware, China, Chocolate Fountain, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

I wanted to thank Shena and her staff for making our special day even more memorable! Our wedding and reception were held at Demers Banquet Hall in Houston. I can honestly say it was one of the most Amazing nights!! The venue inside is gorgeous, the owner & staff were great, and the catering was delicious. Our guests enjoyed the whole night dancing. My friends and family haven’t stopped talking about how great the service was. I will definitely recommend Demers Banquet Hall to anyone looking for a wedding venue in Houston. Thank you all so so much for helping us celebrate our love.

Profile Picture Zhenya, 9/24/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning

Everything was beyond exceptional! I would do it all over again if I could!

Profile Picture Joseph, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This, in our opinion, is the best wedding venue in Houston! The staff is incredibly flexible and friendly. The venue is beautiful with an awesome chandelier and fabric draping. The food is amazing as well! And of course you can't beat the price.

Profile Picture Christina, 5/28/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The rehearsal dinner, the ceremony, and the reception were all held at Demers. All were perfect. The food was delicious, the tables looked great and the centerpieces were breathtaking! We never doubted we made the right choice for our venue! Deitre the cater is an amazing chef. She's very patient and flexible. THANKS Deitre.
From the moment we walked through the door, we knew this was THE place for a wedding. Not only because of the beautiful setting, but the welcoming and professional attitude of everyone we met. I know it can't be easy dealing with stressed-out brides, but Adrian, Karen & Deitre made us feel comfortable and at home at all times. From the beautiful grounds, the amazing food and the exceptional service. We really appreciate the services provided to the bride & groom to give them a wedding of a lifetime! Very pleased mother of the bride! I highly recommend this venue.

Profile Picture Mary, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I got married at demers on March 8,2014.The decor, lighting, room, and space was perfect.Our big day was amazing! Vanessa was our venue coordinator.She helped make our wedding day memorable and special.

Profile Picture Amanda, 3/8/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

This venue is definitely a hidden gem! Our reception was beautifully decorated, and the whole staff did such a wonderful job making our dream wedding come true. All of our guest loved the reception, and we had so many compliments on how beautiful the wedding was. Thank you guys!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Ines, 3/16/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Demers Banquet Hall is BEAUTIFUL! I did not want my guests to have to travel to get a different ceremony site and reception site and Demers made this possible!!! We got married outdoors in the gazebo with beautiful draping to match our black and white color scheme and then guests entered through the side door where cocktails were prepared. They then proceeded to the reception hall. For us having a just black and white wedding, Demers' center pieces, chair covers, and table settings made everything come together so elegant and classy!!! I could not has asked for anything more!

Profile Picture Annette, 12/8/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If I could re-do my wedding it would be in Demers Banquet hall all over again. I loved it. The place looked so beautiful it left my guess with there mouths open. The food was great hot and delicious. I think maybe about 15+ guest arrived at the party they took out more chairs and did not get upset over it. Lisa W and Johanna were wonderful to work with with any question i had or comments. Lisa helped the day of the wedding she made sure everything was perfect. I (the bride) was really sick and she found me some lemon and water. The service was just incredible, cake great the lighting it beautiful. I loved it could not ask for anything better. Its a little expensive but its worth it and no other hall will give you everything you need in one place.
Thank you Dememers Banquet hall + Lisa!!

Profile Picture Veronica, 10/20/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

Demers Banquet Hall was the perfect venue for our wedding budget and atmosphere we wanted. The venue allows you to make monthly payments, which helped us out tremendously since we were a couple paying for our own wedding.

The food and service was fantastic, the ceremony area looked simple and elegant and the reception hall was clean, crisp, elegant and classy, exactly what we wanted!

Lisa was such a great help to us and really worked hard to make sure everything was perfect on our big day. She responded promptly to all questions we sent her way and was always polite and willing to go the extra mile. Lisa made our experience with Demers easy, fun, memorable and simply perfect!

Profile Picture Amy, 9/28/12, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Wonderful venue..very attentive to details...made it so easy for me (the mother of the bride) THANK YOU!!!!

Profile Picture Trudy, 7/21/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Lisa was Great!!!!! She worked with Mark and I for the last 18 months!!!!! The night was perfect!!!! Thank You for making our 20 vow renewal so special!!!

Profile Picture mishelle, 6/23/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

For me planning a wedding was very diffculted because we had little family support. Demers worked with us on our payments and made our dreams come true. Always communicate with them no matter what issue you face they are there to help.

I had a vision for my special day to be perfect. I wanted to walk in the hall and cry. And i did, Demers exceeded our expectation with the decor of the cremony and the reception. The food was excellent and the Dj's were beyond our expectation. The food was good, but most of all we asked and they delivered without any push back... Demers will always receive my business and so much more.

Thanks for making our day perfect. A special thank you to Lisa & Johana, both of you rock.

Profile Picture Shmonica, 6/16/12, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

This is every brides dream come true i felt like i was a princess in my own kingdom....there are no words to explain this venue it makes me want to get married every year....

Profile Picture Jhanqia, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

My daughter walked into Demers in February of 2010 and knew it was the place where she wanted her wedding to take place. They pretty much have weddings here every weekend so they know what they're doing - and they know what brides worry about and do a great job of reassuring them that things will turn out great. And it did - it was more beautiful than I ever imagined! I'm so glad that the wedding is over and yet sad it will be a very long time; (if ever) that I will get the chance to experience such a wonderful night in a wonderful place with 200 people. I'm reliving it for as long as I can!

If you ever decide to check this place out - you'll find that it's a bit of a stretch in terms of cost... but I guarantee you - it's worth every penny. And this is coming from a “stretch your dollar mama”; so I know the value of a dollar! The food is delicious (AND HOT), and there's tons of options you can add to personalize your reception and make it the wedding of your dreams. Demers, chooses the crème de la crème of vendors & staff who without a doubt gave us a 5 star experience as a whole. [Special thanks to Reggie of Signature EvenTx (our DJ), Jasmine of Funpix Photo Booth and The Pourman (our bartender) all of whom are hand selected vendors recommended by Demers and FYI they should add Debra’s Floral Design and Priceless PhotosJ]

From the moment our guests arrived at the venue they were treated to valet parking, made welcomed and had an amazing experience with this Venue. Several guests have told us that it was the best wedding they have ever been too! A fun time was had by all and everything turned out wonderfully. Marina was Demers wedding coordinator for the event, as well as the person who answered a millions questions as if each one was the first and she was extremely helpful, sweet, and flexible about little changes here and there. (Thanks Marina!!)

If you truly desire a 5 star experience:

· I would recommend this site for a wedding/reception to anyone.

· Communicate & confirm every thing in writing.

· Don’t spend $$$$ and NOT have a good time.

PS. Missed you Chi.

Profile Picture Lanessa, 8/21/11, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Demers made my daughter's sweet sixteen party a blast! The memories made were awesome! A big Thank you to Lisa for the professional serves provided!
The Johnson Family

Profile Picture Michele, 8/5/11, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

The planning of the wedding itself was very good. Joanna was very helpful, and she gave us a lot of insight on things to look for in the planning of the wedding. The actual wedding day was a little different. Joanna was not there to oversee the event production, we were left with Lisa, who was overseeing a wedding for the first time. Her demeanor was not very accomodating, which was disappointing because Joanna was so patient. This was the most nerve wrecking day of our lives to this point, and Lisa fell very short of making it a stress free environment. First of all there was not nearly enough staff provided by the banquet hall to provide adequate service to 150 people. We had two servers plus Lisa, this was the genesis for everything that was subpar. Because of the length of time it took to "set up" for the reception, we had to cut out some of the special presentations we had planned (mother and groom dance, bride and brother dance). We received no real help from Lisa in the cake cutting, champagne toast, or seating of guests when it was "thought" that there were no more seats. It seemed as though she was bothered by any question that we had to ask. If Joanna had been there to oversee everything, I have no doubt that we would not have these complaints

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Earl, 7/2/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Flowers, Invitations, Photography, Wedding Cake

We chose Demers Banquet Hall because out of all the venues we looked at they were the most accommodating and helpful. Marina was amazing from the day we booked the venue until our actual wedding day. I have nothing but wonderful things to say about their entire staff. They helped make our wedding the most BEAUTIFUL and AMAZING day of our lives!I highly recommend Demers.

Profile Picture Nereyda, 6/26/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

The staff was very helpful, professional, I would use this venue for any other event that I do. I would also refer others to it.

Profile Picture Kirestin, 2/20/11, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Demers did an excite job. They made our special day everything we wanted it to be. Chi was great to work with.

Profile Picture Corlis , 2/19/11, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We just go married January 16, 2011, and it was a perfect day.
Chi was the coordinator that helped us get everything together, and she worked with me, believe me i was so uncertain of what to do. but she pulled it off. Everyone had a good time, they love that the hall was to big beautifully decorated. The food was good. and the cake was okay.

Profile Picture User806777, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Demers provided us with great service since the beginning. Our wedding coordinator Chi was so GREAT! She helped us organize everything, and was there to answer any questions we had from the get go. The day of the wedding she was there early to decorate, and make the place look absolutely fantastic. I would have not asked for more. Their staff made sure everything was set correctly, and that there were no problems.

I couldn't be happier with what we got :D

Profile Picture Karina, 11/20/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The staff at Demer's were awesome. They were easy to get in touch with every time I need them and they followed up in a timely manner.

The day of the wedding my cater did not show up at all. I had 50+ guest hungrily waiting for food. Not missing a beat, the staff volunteered to order and pick up some food from a near by restaurant. They came through and saved my reception.

Thank you Demer's!!!

Profile Picture Rachael, 10/10/10, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I worked very closely with Chi Nguyen who coordinates events for the reception hall. She was priceless. She helped me with all the details and made sure that everything was perfect for our special day. I would recommend this venue to anyone. You definitely pay for what you get, and prospective customers should consider their money well spent with this venue. All of my future events will definitely be held here as well.

Profile Picture SARA, 10/2/10, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so thankful to Chi for such a wonderful and memorable experience! They worked extremely hard to make sure everything came out to our satisfaction and it sure did! Our guest loved the friendly and professional staff and the decoration! I kept hearing about it all through out the event. Overall everything came out great. The food was great too! The cake was beautiful and delicious! My husband was 100% satisfied with his cake too! I can truly say everything came out perfect! We are some satisfied customers!

Profile Picture Ana, 7/31/10, 1 Review