Delicious Designs by Sherry Reviews

19 Reviews for Delicious Designs by Sherry

Delicious Designs by Sherry 1
Delicious Designs by Sherry 2

Judy · Married on 09/29/2018

Sherry makes the best cakes we have ever tasted and she's so creative to make sure couples get what they want for their special day!

Sent on 10/03/2018
    Delicious Designs by Sherry 3

Delicious Designs by Sherry's reply:

I love creating special things like this. Leah & Matt are an amazing couple and very fun to do something so unique. May they "Live Appley Ever After."
    Sherry

Kate · Married on 08/18/2018

Sherry was such a pleasure to work with! At first meeting for the cake tasting she had our own cake to take home to try, and had tons of idea books so that we could customize our own. Not only was the cake absolutely stunning, it was the best tasting I’ve ever had. We received so many compliments, we will definitely be using her in the future!

Sent on 08/30/2018
    Delicious Designs by Sherry 4

Delicious Designs by Sherry's reply:

Thank you Katie! So glad you liked it. It was a fun cake to create. I look forward to working with you again :)

I had an amazing time with Sherry. She answerd the phone as quickly as she could. She had my cake ready within 3 days.

Sent on 08/19/2016

Charley · Married on 03/17/2017

Working with Shery was SO EASY! Not only was she open to my ideas about what I wanted (And actually created exactly what I envisioned), but she was able to work with my crazy schedule too. The cake was delicious! I'm not even a huge cake person, but I really enjoyed It! The pricing was completely fair! Everyone seems to Jack up prices when they hear the word "wedding" but I didn't feel like I was being taken advantage of at all with her pricing, especially for the beautiful work she creates. I will definitely be working with her again in the future!

Sent on 04/01/2017

Nancy · Married on 12/10/2016

Sherry Thomas is our 'go to' baker for all our special occasion cakes. She will work with the customer to incorporate ideas and then she works her magic with great talent and skill. The execution is always of the highest quality and the cakes are delicious! You will be thrilled!

Sent on 12/13/2016

Jacqueline · Married on 08/27/2016

Sherry was great - we met at her house and she gave a very generous portion of samples to try. She had a lot of designs to choose from and her cakes were very reasonably priced, but most importantly they were delicious! After going to her, we did not visit any one else before making our decision to go with her. Everyone at our wedding said how beautiful and delicious the cake was. Thanks so much Sherry!

Sent on 09/27/2016

K · Married on 08/20/2016

Sherry made us cupcakes and a tier cake for our wedding. Everything was absolutely delicious, and the cake was beautiful.

Sent on 09/22/2016

MacKenzie · Married on 08/19/2016

Sherry Thomas is AMAZING! Go with her for your big day! You won't be disappointed!

Sent on 09/15/2016

Holly · Married on 07/23/2016

Many people at the wedding said that her cupcakes were the best they've ever had! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 08/07/2016

Joyce · Married on 06/10/2016

I absolutely love Sherrys creations! I've used her for several events in the past and actually picked my wedding date based on her availability! I can't recommend her highly enough. Most wedding cakes either look good or taste good, not both. Sherrys look amazing and taste fabulous!

Sent on 06/07/2016
  • User6819045 · 2+ years ago

Sherry is awesome her cakes are always beautiful and tasty! She is so talented, truly the cake boss of Rochester!

Sent on 06/10/2016

Lisa · Married on 10/03/2015

Sherry has done many cakes for our family over the years so when it was time to order my daughters wedding cake there was only one place to go...Delicious Designs by Sherry! Sherry has always delivered only the best and she exceeded our expectations with the wedding cake. Absolutely amazing in taste and beyond words in beauty!
    Many thanks to Sherry for this true masterpiece!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Denise · Married on 05/29/2015

Delicious Designs is very professional and provided exactly what I wanted. The cake was the best tasting cake over all the local bakeries!!! I loved it so much that I have ordered more than just my wedding cake from here! Always beautiful and delicious! Thank you Sherry!

Kim · Married on 03/28/2015

Sherry is very accommodating to what you are envisioning for your special day. We were so happy we chose Delicious Designs and everyone raved how awesome it looked and tasted. You won't be disappointed!

Suzanne · Married on 12/27/2014

Sherry is an artist!! Not only are her cakes beautiful, they are also delicious!

Sent on 05/31/2016

Beautiful cakes.... Very creative, lots of pictures for ideas. Taste great.

Sherry · Married on 08/21/2010

Sherry made wedding cakes for both of our son's weddings. Each was unique and reflected our daughters' in law style. They were beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 06/01/2016

3.5

Great tasting cake, and great looking cake. Couldn't have asked for a more perfect baby shower cake!

Sent on 06/06/2016

Michelle · Married on 01/18/2018

1.0
      3.0
      0.5

I have worked with Sherry over the past 20 years and have loved the taste and beauty of her cakes! There has been a definite shift over the past several years in her willingness to meet her customers needs........ Even when I contact her months in advance, she is not available for important occasions. Birthdays and anniversaries inquired about months in advance could not be accommodated, I have been very tolerant until she let me down once again. I recently contacted her because my mother had died, and I needed a cake for her memorial service in October (6 weeks notice). She notified me that it was NOT possible........ she had weddings AND her children would be in town........ I offered to come pick up the cake WELL before the weekend, not to interfere with her schedule, but she adamantly refused. She knew how ill my mom was, and how loyal a customer I had been......... but she made the conscious choice to say NO!!!. I could understand if it was a birthday, anniversary, or other occasion, but a memorial service for a very loyal customer.....WOW!!!! There a plenty of cake makers in Rochester, just as talented and willing to work with their customers to accommodate their needs. I found someone else and highly recommend you do also.

Sent on 09/15/2018

Delicious Designs by Sherry's reply:

I thank you, Michelle, for having had the opportunity to make cakes for you these past 20 years. You wrote in your review that you "loved the taste and beauty of my cakes" over all those years. Thank you... and then certainly you must be aware that for me to be able to both achieve and maintain the kind of high quality and consistency that kept you coming back time and again, I must allow myself enough time for each cake. Apparently you feel that by contacting me well in advance of when you need a cake that you should be accommodated, but it's not that simple. There were customers who were booked before you. I understand that you wanted a cake, but so did the 3 brides whose wedding cakes I am making at that same time. They, too, called way in advance - as many of my customers do. I'm very sorry I was unable make you a cake for your mother's service, but I can only stretch myself so far.

Also, instead of lashing out with such a negative and personally hurtful review of someone who has provided you with quality service over many years, the kinder and more professional way to have handled your anger would have been to simply stop using me as your baker and find another person who could meet your demands. You wrote in your review "There are plenty of cake makers in Rochester".....you are correct....and if you had been so unhappy for the past "few years" you probably should have made that change long before now.

I'm sure you understand my need to respond to your review, as this is my livelihood, Michelle. Also, I am so very sorry for your loss and I'm glad you found the services you need during this very difficult time.

Sherry