Delectable Delights Reviews

Delectable Delights 4
Delectable Delights 5
Delectable Delights 6
Delectable Delights 7

Delectable Delights was recommended to me while I was searching for a bakery that could make a vegan cake for our April wedding in my hometown of New Smyrna Beach, FL. I could not have been happier with the service and quality I received from Delectable Delights. Our flavors were delicious and the decor was exactly what I had envisioned for our cupcake tower.

Sent on 05/20/2014

Kassandra · event on 03/29/2014

Angie responded immediately to my request for assistance in making unique "take aways" for the SunRail grand opening event. Not only were the cookies perfectly designed, they were delicious to eat too! She is amazing! Have used her since on numerous occasions.

Melanie · event on 03/02/2014

We ordered a Sofia the First cake and number 2 cookies with purple icing matching Sofia's dres. Not only did it ALL taste amazing, but it was delivered to my front door and was more than I could have imagined! And the price was so competitive compared to Publix and other bakeries. But to have the personal touch and the delivery was worth EVERY penny! We WILL use them again!!!

Teresa · Married on 05/25/2013

Delectable Delights did an amazing job with my wedding cake, as well as my groom's cake (which was a surprise for my husband.) From the beginning, we weren't sure exactly what we wanted, and Angie worked with us to determine shape and the appropriate size. She also worked with us to come up with unique flavors, rather than the same old tired fillings. She based on them on our personalities and our favorite flavors. The wedding cake was white cake with peanut butter mousse filling, and the groom's cake was caramel cake with dulce de leche filling. We made the mistake of ordering cake based on our invite list, rather than RSVPs, and I was also ordering more to have some to enjoy AFTER our wedding too. So we ended up with about 100 servings too many of cake. Turned out that was ok: both cakes were gone except for 1 slice of each, which were set aside for my husband and myself, and the top layer. The cake was that amazing. I want to do it again just so I can more of that cake!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Nakia · event on 04/13/2014

I ordered a specialty Spongebob Squarepants birthday cake from Delectable Delights in April 2014 for my son's birthday. The professionalism, responsiveness, flexibility and value cannot be beat! The only reason why I rated the quality of service for this event a 4/5 stars is because there was no cake box available at the time that could accommodate the shape of the specialty birthday cake. If there would have been a way to store the cake for the birthday that evening, the quality would have been perfect!

I highly recommend Delectable Delights. They offer traditional items as well as vegan and gluten free goodies. It is an awesome bakery with great sweet treats and breads for a very affordable price!

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/20/2016

Our cake was perfect! We chose 3 different flavors for each tier of cake we had and they were all moist and delicious. Angela did a great job decorating the cake and we couldn't beat the price!

Sent on 05/31/2016

3.0

Angie was so sweet. We had a special request to try and re-create a cake we used to purchase together. It was a triple chocolate torte and the day my husband and I visited her to test her cake she ended up making some alterations to the first tasting and so we came back that evening for a second and it was spot on. She did such a great job making our cake as close to the one we dreamed and we had tons of compliments from our guest what said that they had never tasted a yummy wedding cake like ours before!

Sent on 01/17/2016

Stephanie · Married on 03/25/2017

2.4
      3.0

Be sure to request that she add the free 1st anniversary cake to your contract or it will not be honored. I was not informed it needed to be on the contract and she left it off. Grooms Nintendo cake was missing all games that were specified on the contract. Wedding cake and cupcakes were tasty but not the elegant look I expected when viewing her other work. Overall I was very disappointed after seeing and hearing such amazing things.

Sent on 03/20/2018

Rene · event on 06/26/2017

0.5

If I could give zero stars I would. DO NOT sign your children up for this con artists "cooking classes!. She advertises them on her Facebook page stating the time from 1 to 3. My child and a friend attended her most recent one. They started cooking at 1:10 and my daughter was calling from her business phone asking to be picked up at 1:45, because they were finished. After confronting the owner, Angie, I was told that 1 to 3 is a "window." (Nowhere on her FB page is this pointed out) I'm sorry, I paid $40 for a 40 minute cooking demo? This woman couldn't play food trivia or play some games to entertain the class attendees until 3:00? As I arrived to pick up the kids, I witnessed another unhappy parent voicing her dissatisfaction. I work very hard to find fun and educational activities for my child to participate over the summer break. This allows me to get work done, but NOT when I have to leave what I'm doing to pick up my child 1hour and 15 minutes early. And after voicing my frustration to her and requesting at least a partial refund, she disabled the reviews and my commenting priveledges on her Facebook page. From the looks of it, I'm not the only one with negative things to say. HORRIBLE BUSINESS PRACTICE! Oh, and my child informed me that that before class started she threatened them all that if the behavior was anything like a previous class, she would end it and everyone could go home. I have NEVER given any business a negative review. As a small business owner myself, I pride myself in doing right by all of my clients. She handled this matter in the most unprofessional manner, where all of this could have been avoided..... again, this review is to serve as a WARNING NOT TO SIGN YOUR CHILD UP FOR HER "Cooking Classes!" From what I saw on her FB page she makes a beautiful special occasion cake. And that's about the only nice thing I can say about this business owner.

Sent on 07/20/2017

Brenda · Married on 01/06/2017

0.5

Very unprofessional!! My daughters wedding was scheduled for January 6th, 2017 but unfortunately got called off in late September. When I called Angie to explain that the wedding was called off, she then informed me that the money was non-refundable. I completely understand because that's what it states in the contract. However, at that time Angie stated she would try to rebook the date and if she could, she would refund the money. (Her words!). I guess where the confusion lies is the fact that she " assumed " we cancelled the cake. We NEVER cancelled the cake and I actually asked her to possibly switch it to all cupcakes instead. We were going to try to make something positive out of this and we were going to donate them to the local firefighters and police officers. Angie informed me that would be a "breach of contract " . Ok, fine. Still haven't cancelled the cake though. So now we're a week and a half before what would have been the wedding and through numerous attempts to call her, she told me she was still working on re-booking the date and would call me. (She didn't). Well, now it's the day of delivery and after more attempts to call her, she got ahold of my husband and told him not only has she not made the cake but won't be delivering it either because that order was cancelled and why do I keep calling her. When exactly did I cancel the cake, Angie?? I would just like to thank you very much for making this whole situation worse than what it could have been. And, yes I'm sure you'll respond to this review because I've noticed you only respond to the negative ones. Never thanking the positive ones. Don't you appreciate them?? Good luck with your " business " Angie! You'll need it!!!

Sent on 01/07/2017

Delectable Delights's reply:

It saddens me that you felt the need to write a bad review because your daughters wedding was cancelled. Our contract, that your daughter signed, states all monies paid are nonrefundable. I explained this at the cake tasting consult as well. You even say you knew that in your review. I never said anything to you about breach of contract either.

When you called in LATE OCTOBER to let me know the wedding was cancelled because the groom called it off, you asked about a refund of the money. I explained again that the money was nonrefundable as we held the date for 9 months. As stated in your review, you understood that. I did offer to try and fill the date, and IF i could i would call you and offer you a partial refund. I explained again at that time it would be difficult to fill a Jan 6th date as most people book months in advance and with the holidays it would be even more difficult. Again you said you understood! You called right before Christmas asking me where your refund was. I explained again our policy and you said you understood.

Then late on Jan 5th you called and left a message asking what time I would be delivering the cake and cupcakes. I called back on the 6th and your husband refused to put you on the phone. He was rude and raised his voice demanding that i tell him when we would be delivering. I explained to him we would not be as you had cancelled the contract back in October. He told me I would be sorry and hung up.

You cancelled the wedding contract when you called in october, you asked for your refund repeatedly, never did you ask for the cake and cupcakes to be delivered until the late hours of the 5th. My business did not warrent this horrible review, sadly you just didnt like the outcome. We bent over backwards for your daughter and the situation.

Nicole · Married on 11/12/2016

0.5

This is one of the most unprofessional companies I have ever encountered. When I first E-Mailed the owner, I was told I could come in for a cake tasting and we both agreed on 3/14/15, but when I arrived at the location, she did not even remember I was coming that day, and had absolutely no samples for me or my fiance to try. It upset us quite a bit that we made the trip from Orlando all the way to Daytona which was an hour and 30 mins, and she did not even remember our appointment. She then asked us to come back the following weekend for samples so we had to drive all the way back out to her location the following weekend and hope she would remember our appointment which luckily that time she did. We then signed the contract and gave her the deposit for our wedding date which would be on 4/16/16. Months later, we rescheduled our wedding to 11/12/16 because the venue we wanted would only be available that day. We contacted the owner of Delectable Delights on 12/1/15 through E-Mail to ask if it would be okay to change the dates. I waited about a week with no response so I decided to call, she said she received the E-Mail but did not have time to respond but would that night. She never did so I called again. She gave the same excuse. I then tried calling again but it went to voicemail saying they were closed for the holidays until 1/6/16. I waited until 1/7/16, called again, but went to voicemail again. I called several times throughout 2 weeks but always voicemail. Finally I left a voicemail stating if she didn't reply back in 1 week, to cancel the contract because I was done playing this game. She never called or E-Mailed me back. If she did not want to reschedule the date, I would have been fine with her telling me this as I stated when I first notified her about the date change, but she said there was no problem and then just ended up never doing anything she promised. This company is extremely unprofessional and not worth wasting time or money with.

Sent on 01/20/2016

Delectable Delights's reply:

Unfortunately we didnt make this couples cake because they changed the date and venue (60 miles further away) from April to November. We fill up for October and November very quickly, as it is the Wedding Season in Florida. We had the date they changed to filled before they told us they changed. We spoke with the bride repeatedly about this matter, but apparently our answer was not what she wanted to hear. We are very sorry that we could not accommondate your date change, but there was no need to write a bad review because you changed your date and werent happy we could not drop other clients to fill your need.