Delaware State Parks Reviews

10 Reviews for Delaware State Parks

• Chelsea

Chelsea · Married on 06/08/2019

Auburn Valley is Amazing

Auburn Valley State Park was the most beautiful place I could have imagined. Working with Crystal Boddy was wonderful, she answered all my questions quickly and was accommodating and friendly.

Sent on 06/11/2019

Nicole · Married on 09/10/2016

If I could give more than 5 stars for value, I would give DE State Parks a solid 10! The cost for what you receive is mind-blowing. We had our ceremony and reception at the Judge Morris Estate on the White Clay Creek State Park property. We had the house and the outside property to ourselves for a total of 8 hours, really. Vendors arrived at noon at the earliest and we closed up shop at 8pm. It was a hot day, but the property is gorgeous and holds historic value, and the staff at DE State Parks couldn't be kinder. The ladies I worked with were wonderfully pleasant. SIDE NOTE: If you have a summer wedding, bring portable AC for the Bride and Groom Suites. The house is VERY old and doesn't have central AC. Our wedding was on a 98 degree day and we were suffering a bit upstairs. Drink lots of water, bring fans, and borrow a portable AC system from someone!

Sent on 09/30/2016

We booked Killen's Pond Nature Center, this location is great because it has a conference room, 2 decks, beautiful foyer and outside mini theater surrounded by beautiful nature.
    Rachel, Stephanie and the entire staff were super helpful and flexible. Stephanie pretty much became my wedding planner at some point, dealing with rentals and catering to figure out the layout for the service.
    They cleaned the location entirely before the day and were very organized about drop offs and schedule. Our photographer and videographer loved the venue and we were lucky to have great weather.
    The only bad thing is that we had to leave by 10 pm, I wish we had paid all the extra hour fees to stay longer, other than that it's a great location for an amazing price. They even have the tables and chairs for you to use!

Sent on 10/19/2015

M · Married on 09/03/2011

Just had our wedding at the Bellevue Mansion. I keep hearing how perfect/interesting/wonderful the venue was. If you're looking to have a wedding in Delaware, I HIGHLY recommend the following combination:

Bellevue Mansion + Toscana Catering + Action Special Events for tent/furniture/linen rentals.

Sent on 09/22/2011

Allie · Married on 09/18/2010

We loved Bellevue Hall!!!!! Our contact was Angela Stapp and we loved her!! She helped with vendors and helped us utilize the hall to make it BEAUTIFUL. Bellevue was the first place we looked at and everything else paled in comparison. Even when she went on maternity leave (BTW congrats on the beautiful baby girl!) 2 of the nicest ladies Judy and Joan picked up where she left off. We can't wait to send them pictures!

Warmest Regards,

Allison and Kevin Montgomery married 9.18/10

Sent on 09/24/2010

Michelle · Married on 12/19/2010

3.5

We were married at the Mount Pleasant Meeting House within Bellevue State Park. The service both in planning and the day of was excellent. It's an old (1838) Quaker meeting house (used for church and business services) that is currently being used by a small group for Sunday Christian services. The 'church' itself is very reminiscent of the one-room churches I attended growing up in Appalachia, only with the beautiful addition of stained glass windows. The pictures on their site simply do not do it justice - it's a must see. An added bonus was the parsonage next door, giving us a place to make finishing touches and wait for the big moment. I actually dressed at the parsonage.

While it was a little expensive, considering the 3-hour rental period, the service was amazing, especially considering that I was planning from a distant state. My main contact was Angela Stape, who took me on tours of several sites in the park, including Bellevue Hall (which is stunning). She had a lot of great ideas and was very helpful in suggestion vendors. All this in the heat of summer while she was ::quite:: pregnant! When she took maternity leave, the office continued to be very helpful and accommodating: taking my fiancé on another tour, moving the rental period up, etc. And when our rehearsal took twice the time allotted, they were very gracious. The day of was seamless, with their staff prompt, professional and unobtrusive. The thought of having our ceremony at any other location is actually saddening. It was just so perfect!

Sent on 01/05/2011

Crissie · Married on 10/18/2009

I had a themed wedding on the grounds of Fort Dupont State Park. The staff at the park were so nice and helpful to us! The grounds are gorgeous and right by the river. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding :)

Sent on 08/25/2010

mary · Married on 09/19/2009

3.5

We had our ceremony at Bristol Lagoon Park. It was beautiful! It only cost a $50 donation, had a beautiful fountain and bridge for great pictures. Beware of the geese poop tho...although they had someone go out the day before and clean up, they did a pretty good job of it, but we had brooms on hand just in case. Also beware of the noise from the fountain, and the train that passes by, maybe every 15 mins. Neither of those issues were a big deal when it came to that day though. Very beautiful park with great photo ops.

Sent on 10/07/2009
  • EPY

Erin · Married on 06/14/2008

3.6
      3.0
      2.0

Bellevue was a Fantastic place to get married. Our guests thought it was beautiful and we had a great time. We did have a few issues with planning and execution but in the end it was great. The issues were that our original book date was changed due to a mistake in the calendar which double booked our original date. Which I should mention was for the best since that day was very rainy. They were very apologetic and did everything they could to rectify the situation. In addition the day of our wedding we had an issue with the air conditioner but they again worked hard to correct what they could with the little notice we had. I would like to say the only real complaint I had was that being a state agency their hours of operation were less then easy to work with. I had to leave work early to meet with them each time since they closed by 4:00. Also their staff works odd hours so they may not be available every day.

Again Beautiful setting and can easily accommodate a large group. We had about 170 guests but had originally planned for 200 and it would have easily worked out for that.

Highly recommend for a beautiful location and great picture possibilities!

Sent on 07/14/2008

Jacque · Married on 06/01/2008

3.6
      3.0
      3.5

Stacy Herman was my planner, and was a great help with planning the time line for the wedding. We had both our ceremony and reception there, and it is a beautiful venue. We actually even had our rehearsal there as well, and everything was open and available for the rest of the bridal party to check out the hall before our wedding day. They had everything set up for us, and available early in the morning, since our ceremony started at 11:30. We all got ready at the hall, and were able to come in at 8:30 to start preparations. It was a superb, beautiful venue.

Sent on 07/06/2008