Defining Moments Weddings & Events Reviews

118 | Destin, FL

118 Reviews for Defining Moments Weddings & Events

Leann · Married on 09/06/2014

Extremely organized, responded to every email, phone call or question very quickly. Extremely knowledgeable about every part of this event and every vendor she recommened was first class and exceeded all of our expectations. A wonderful experience we will treasure our entire lives. Heather is a remarkable person and we would recommend her to anyone getting married on the gulf coast. We are so lucky we found her!

Sent on 09/17/2014

Judy · Married on 07/12/2014

Heather A. Williams was our wedding coordinator and she did a perfect job from start to finish. We trusted her with every detail and she did not let us down!

Sent on 07/22/2014

Molly · Married on 07/12/2014

Heather was such a pleasure to work with!! She is amazing at her job. She knows the vendors and the area very well and is extremely knowledgable about all wedding planning details. She was truly an advocate for me as a bride and in all forms of communication represented what we wanted our special day to look like. She would respond to emails, texts, and phone calls faster than I could ever imagine and no idea or request was off limits. She is not only kind and fun to work with through the planning months but was calm, directive, and so pleasant to be with during our wedding weekend. She has amazing relationships with other vendors as well. She did a fantastic job of figuring out our vision and matching the best vendors for that. Our entire weekend from our welcome party, to our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner, to our ceremony and reception was absolutely perfect because of her. Every single detail was taken care of and it was more than we could ever have imagined. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I will truly miss talking to Heather about our wedding and plans on a regular basis. She is simply the best!!

Sent on 07/23/2014

Working with Heather at Defining Moments Events was hands down the best decision we made for the wedding. She is organized, efficient, responsive, encouraging, calming, punctual, and she just gets things done. Planning a destination wedding in Watercolor/Seaside from far away, I was worried I wouldn’t have control or input on many of the wedding details. She was able to listen to my vision and make it a reality by putting us in touch with the best vendors in the area and ensuring we were all on the same page. Knowing we had her coordinating with vendors and doing much of the legwork enabled me to enjoy the wedding planning process rather than feel entirely overwhelmed by it all. Heather gave her honest opinions without imposing and always valued what I wanted. From the major decisions like the band and venue to the tiniest of details like the sign on the get-away car, she somehow managed it all and made it look effortless. Throughout the planning, I knew I was blessed to be working with Heather, but I was most grateful for her when it came to the actual wedding week/weekend. She was such a reassuring presence and helped with all of the last minute details while reminding everyone surrounding me that their job was to allow me to enjoy the wedding weekend and make it the least stressful possible. She managed a bridal party of 33 flawlessly, communicating effectively the important details of the ceremony at the rehearsal in a very efficient and respectful manner. The actual wedding day, she must have had 1,000 things on her to do list and miraculously accomplished every single one. At one point I got hot pink lip gloss on my wedding dress, but her team immediately jumped in and was ultra prepared with not one but three different stain removers! They easily removed the stain and kept me calm throughout the process. I am so thankful for Heather and her team at Defining Moments Weddings and Events for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 07/28/2014

Gay · Married on 05/31/2014

Heather at Defining Moments was very professional and easy to work with during my daughter wedding planning. She responded to all of my request and questions in a very timely manner. We couldn't have asked for a smoother wedding day made possible by Heather and her staff.

Sent on 06/23/2014

Arielle · Married on 05/17/2014

We can't say enough about how grateful we are to have worked with Heather in planning our wedding. I can truly say that the event went on without any flaws and none of it would have been possible without Heather's diligence and skill-set. She was incredible working with all the vendors and our guests, she advocated for us throughout the whole process and always kept us on track.The morning of the wedding I felt so calm - even went to have a nice breakfast with my mom and my best friend - all because I knew she had everything under control. I was able to enjoy the day with my family and friends and wasn't worried about center pieces or getting people to the ceremony on time. The peace I felt helped me to really be in the moment and enjoy our special day, that alone made Defining Moments' services beyond worth it. She was also incredible with our rehearsal and welcome dinner -- hiring her is the best decision you will make in planning your wedding, DO IT!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Pam P. · Married on 05/10/2014

There is nothing to compare to the professionalism, kindness, calming, organizational, punctuality skills of Heather, her team & Defining Moments. Heather was our blessing for our son's wedding. One year from engagement to wedding & the planning & execution of it all was smoother than silk. Priceless experience.

Sent on 05/31/2014

Sarah · Married on 05/03/2014

Heather made our entire wedding planning process so easy and fun! She thinks of every tiny detail and makes sure that everything is perfect! I cannot imagine having to plan a wedding without her, she is truly amazing!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Heather was absolutely fabulous! She was very attentive to my everything and was so great in dealing with all family members, bridal party. The wedding went off seamlessly!

Sent on 04/20/2014

Abby · Married on 02/22/2014

Heather was beyond helpful to my fiance and I as we planned our wedding. I did not have to worry about 1 thing concerning our wedding once she was involved. She coordinated every aspect of our 3 night long event- catering, event rentals, entertainment, housing, transportation, photography, etc. She was the most professional and easiest person I have ever had the pleasure of working with. Heather helped to make our wedding the most amazing weekend of our lives! I would highly recommend using her for your event!

Sent on 03/05/2014

Joshua · Married on 12/07/2013

All I can say is that 5 stars is not enough for Heather. When selecting the different vendors for our wedding when we began wedding planning, we scoured wedding wire looking at reviews. Heather was one of the top planners that we came across and rightfully so. Upon meeting her, my wife and I knew that she was going to be the perfect fit for us. Even though we were both local to the area, her knowledge of locations (We wouldn't have even picked the location we ended up using because we didn't think it would fit in our budget) and vendors (not only does she have a very thorough network, but she will help nix different things that are unnecessary to get the price where you want it) was invaluable. Always punctual and professional, she made sure we were on track with our timeline and that everything was accounted for. Even with all the planning, one of the vendors (photo booth) no showed for the event due to vehicle malfunction. Heather was able to contact a different company that offered the photo booth and have it in place right after dinner concluded. She does her absolute best to understand what the bride and groom want for the event and then completely delivers. I cringe at the thought of the state my wife would have been in if we had decided to have her do the planning. We couldn't have asked for a more perfect planner for our big day than Heather. We are sincerely grateful for everything she did to make the wedding memorable and the events move smoothly.

With utmost gratitude,

Josh and Rhoda

Sent on 12/23/2013

Stephen · Married on 11/09/2013

Heather's combination of professionalism and awesome inter-personal skills are the main reason why we were able to actually relax and enjoy our wedding! She gave us the gentle nudging we often needed to get our coordination done on time and seemed to be everywhere all at once during our event. She and her assistant, Kenya, were amazing to work with. Equally impressive is the fact that we were the first of three consecutive weddings she was in charge of that weekend. I don't know how she does it but I'm very appreciative that she does!

Sent on 11/16/2013

Alexandra · Married on 10/26/2013

Where do I start?! Heather Archdeacon Williams with Defining Moments Weddings and Events was absolutely spectacular. My husband and I planned our wedding in Destin, Florida from Rhode Island, so most of our planning was done over the phone and email. Heather was always responsive and made sure we stayed on top of our payment deadlines. We didn't meet Heather until the week of our wedding, but we were never concerned. She was just as amazing in person as she was over the phone. Our wedding day was over the top magical. Our guests couldn't believe how beautiful and well run both the ceremony and reception was. We owe all of this to Heather!

We can't thank Heather enough for making our day MORE than we could have ever imagined.

Allie and Lucas

Sent on 11/07/2013

The most important thing I can say is that we both thoroughly enjoyed the day. Everything was so perfectly cared for and planned we had no concern other than to enjoy our guests and ourselves.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Cindi · Married on 10/05/2013

Heather is the best! She is absolute perfection from A to Z. Over the course of six months, she never failed to amaze us. She is thorough, responsive, organized, knowledgeable and extremely easy to work with. I felt at ease working with her over the phone and solidified that when we met in person. She exceeded all expectations we had and I feel very lucky to have found her.
    She helped us plan a perfect wedding and when we had to switch to PLAN B on Thursday afternoon before the wedding due to a hurricane watch, she helped us plan an even more amazing wedding! She did it with grace and full composure. I absolutely would have fallen apart without her.
    I cannot say enough good things about her.

Sent on 10/12/2013

Mary · Married on 10/05/2013

I cannot say enough great things about Heather. Heather helped plan my wedding from start to finish and was so courteous and professional throughout the entire process. She took much of the stress off of planning a destination wedding. On the Thursday before my wedding, we got a call saying that Tropical Storm Karen was going to hit on Saturday and that we would not be able to use the outside venue as planned. Within hours, Heather had reserved an entire new venue that allowed me to keep my same band, caterer, florist, etc. There is absolutely no way I could have pulled this off without her. Plan B ended up being great and I couldn't have been happier.

Sent on 10/14/2013

Rebecca · Married on 09/28/2013

Don't think twice about hiring Defining Moments/Heather!

Heather and her team are nothing short of AMAZING. From start to finish, no detail was left unattended to, she provided options that fit our vision, in our budget, and executed our event flawlessly! We were out of town/destination wedding, and she was always very responsive and not to mention, the sweetest gal! We had zero worries going into our wedding weekend, and the day of, we were focused on each other and the moment (and not all the logistics and details going on behind the scene). You won't regret hiring Heather, her value was truly priceless.

Sent on 03/27/2019

Susan · Married on 09/21/2013

Heather was absolutely amazing!!! As the mother of the bride I would never plan another wedding without her. Unfortunately, I don’t have any more unmarried daughters. It was evident from our first phone conversation that Heather was super efficient and knowledgable. She always responded to phone calls and emails immediately. She was full of great advice, listened to my daughter’s wishes, and helped us to secure vendors that lived up to all our expectations. I was able to to relax and let Heather take care of everything. My daughter always imagined an outdoor wedding but as the wedding day approached we realized that rain was going to alter that image a bit. Heather completely organized Plan B and put it into action. We were almost glad that it rained because Heather made Plan B so wonderful. She never missed a beat and put us all at ease. Weather was not even an issue. We are going to really miss talking to Heather. She became a part of our family. If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, look no further than Defining Moments by Heather!!

Sent on 09/26/2013

Amy · Married on 09/21/2013

They were amazing! I did not have to worry about anything throughout the entire planning and especially on the wedding day. I live 6 hours away so this was a destination wedding, and it was so easy because of them. They really listened and encouraged me to show photos of what I liked. They then gave multiple choices for photographer, florist, etc. from what I said and showed. All the choices she gave were great, but every choice was made with confidence because the effort they made to fit me. There of course was a rain plan for the outside wedding, and of course, the weather was more than bad. I had pictured how it was going to look and was so disappointed, but after seeing Heather and her crew at work, I was just as excited about the new plan, and I am not exaggerating at all. She is so creative with a great eye and is very professional about it. She was there for me when I needed her throughout the day as well. Heather is amazing and made this day better than I could imagine.

Sent on 10/01/2013

Laura · Married on 09/14/2013

Hiring Heather at Defining Moments was the BEST DECISION we made for my wedding. Living in Atlanta and having the wedding in Seaside made it for a stressful couple of months until we found Heather. She was WONDERFUL. She is very organized in every aspect with detailed budgets to detailed itineraries for everyone involved in the wedding. She is easy to work with and talk to, and she was always quick to respond with emails and phone calls. She isn't pushy, and made me feel comfortable in all decisions. Heather even made a pinterest board for me after one day when we talked about what i was looking for in our wedding. I was not "Suzie Wedding", so she made everything so easy for me, my husband, and my parents.
    I could not have had the best night and weekend of my life if I didn't have Heather!!

Sent on 09/24/2013

Sarah · Married on 09/07/2013

Heather was so great! Couldn't have asked for a better planner!

Sent on 09/20/2013

Amazing!! Heather Archdeacon-Williams is a wonderful wedding consult!

Sent on 08/12/2013

Debbie · Married on 07/20/2013

From our first meeting 10 months ago to the completion of the reception a total JOY to work with. Having a destination wedding the need for an event planner was a priority. She narrowed our search for vendors and accompanied us to every appointment. I nevered experience any delays in getting anwsers to questions.She was always available when needed. Her support and professionism was superb. I would highly recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 08/01/2013

Lindsey · Married on 07/02/2013

Heather made planning a destination wedding so easy! My wedding turned out exactly as I imagined it. She matched my vision perfectly and provided excellent suggestions. She was very helpful.

Sent on 07/17/2013

Brittany · Married on 06/22/2013

Heather was above and beyond the best choice we made during the planning of our wedding. We planned from afar (living in Texas, wedding in Seaside, FL) and Heather put our minds at ease. She was such a valuable asset to us. She has extensive knowledge of Seaside's quirks and rules, and how best to use the town's facilities. She is always incredibly quick to respond to e-mails and phone calls, and to finding answers for all of our questions. She kept our vendors organized and up-to-date, and planned the entire day down to the minute. Her personalized timelines for the main members of our wedding party were incredibly helpful. But above all, it is her cheerful attitude and kind spirit that we will never forget. We love, love, love Heather!

Sent on 07/02/2013