Define Beauty Reviews

34 | Jersey City, NJ

34 Reviews for Define Beauty

Jill · Married on 09/01/2017

April was wonderful!! I will definitely recommend her and use her for my daughters wedding!!$400

Sent on 09/15/2017

Amy · Married on 05/13/2017

April is fantastic. I am a very picky person when it comes to my makeup - I come to find out quite plain Jane. April worked with me to achieve a stunning look that made me feel comfortable. My entire wedding party and mom looked fantastic. She has a calming sense and I would highly, highly recommend her to any bride! She was so responsive and arrived exactly on time for all appointments.

Sent on 05/29/2017

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2016

I can’t say enough good things about April! She is an unbelievably talented makeup artist and an absolute pleasure to work with! She was extremely responsive throughout the entire process and brings great energy to every encounter. April also did makeup for my sisters and mother on my wedding day…we all just felt like she was part of the family getting ready for the big day! She helped keep us calm and most importantly, made everyone look beautiful! Thanks April!!

Sent on 12/01/2016

Jennifer · Married on 05/21/2016

I could not recommend April more! April did the makeup for me and my bridesmaids on my wedding day. I couldn't be happier with her work. The makeup was very natural which was exactly what I wanted and lasted the entire night. In photos everything looked absolutely wonderful. She is calm, and one of the nicest people I know. Just the type of person you need to be around on your wedding day!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Stephanie · Married on 05/07/2016

WOW, I don't even know where to start... Best makeup artist I have ever used, hands down! First off both myself and my entire wedding party's makeup was incredible. One of my bridesmaids husbands said her makeup looked so much nicer than for their own wedding! My look was so me just enhanced which is great and I felt so comfortable all day long. At the end of the night we all still looked incredible no smearing at all my makeup still looked perfect!
    April is amazing, she will keep you calm on your day and will truly give you the best look possible. I still keep in touch with her and will continue to use her moving forward!
    Thanks April!!!

Sent on 06/02/2016

April is a complete professional and a sweetheart. Everyone looked so unique and beautiful. I've received so many comments on my make up as did my mother and bridesmaids. She was prompt the day of the wedding as well as the trial. She had us all on a schedule but was flexible the day of as some people ran a bit late. She also was very honest with her feedback on any ideas or thoughts I had and if it would work well wit the look I was going for or not. I've already recommended her to several friends.

Sent on 04/04/2016

April is absolutely wonderful to work with and interact with! I worked with her the months leading up to my wedding on my skin routine (facials, what types of products and beauty regimen to use leading up, etc.) and my skin was RADIANT on the big day.
    Of course as you are preparing for the big day, break outs happen with the stress (and for me the dry, cold winter weather), and knowing I was seeing her to treat my beauty concerns left me at ease.
    On top of being incredibly professional and talented, I felt like I was just spending time with a friend. April is so sweet, down to earth, and caring. She listened to plenty of my pre-wedding (and life stressors) and it meant so much that she actually cared about me as a client.
    I cannot recommend her enough, brides! XO

Sent on 03/07/2016

Having worked with April in the past, I already knew she would do an amazing job! She was great with communication, she was right on time, she is just a pure pleasure to work with! I got so many compliments on my look the day of the wedding and I owe it all to her!! I would recommend April for any sort of occasion, she is just an overall great person to work with.

Sent on 02/25/2016

Sarah · Married on 11/21/2015

I had a great experience with April for my November wedding. We did a trial together and then she and a colleague did makeup for me, my five bridesmaids and my mother and mother-in-law. I don't wear a ton of makeup, but April was able to capture the look I was going for from just talking a little bit and showing her a few photos - I felt like myself on my big day, but with beautiful makeup - nothing over the top. April made me feel very comfortable during the trial and when we were getting ready - she is extremely calm and easy-going - exactly what you need when you are getting ready for your wedding or big event. It was so easy and straightforward to work with her, and it was really nice getting to know her throughout the process also. All members of my bridal party were very happy with their makeup, and the whole process was stress-free - I would recommend to anyone!

Sent on 02/03/2016

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Sarah! It was a true pleasure getting to know you and your friends and family!!! Candace and I loved working with you guys! Keep in touch xo

Stacy · Married on 10/11/2015

April was fantastic! She provided wonderful customer service, she was so easy to work with and very professional. She did my makeup as well as the makeup for each of my bridesmaids. Each bridesmaid commented on how much they loved their individualized makeup and they all looked beautiful. She will make your wedding day easy and make sure you look gorgeous!

Sent on 10/27/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Stacy!!! You girls were a blast! You looked gorgeous and I hope you had an amazing day!!! Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it!!

Jenna · Married on 10/10/2015

I consistently saw April for facials once a month for about 4 + months leading up to my wedding day. It was the BEST money I spent on "wedding prep!." April made my face glow, she gave me confidence and made me feel beautiful. Having confidence in your skin and using products that work (that April will recommend for you) takes so much stress out of the wedding prep months. And when you stress less, your skin will thank you! I also absolutely loved chatting with April. She has a ton of experience, is incredibly knowledgeable and also amazing! She is a breath of fresh air and truly has magic hands. The hour or so I was with her once a month was my me-time and my time to relax and not think about all I had to do! And after the wedding, I am still seeing her every other month or so, because truly, my skin has never looked better and she is who I have to thank for that!!! HIGHLY RECOMMEND her services!

Sent on 03/08/2016

You are a breath of fresh air Jenna!!! Love seeing you every month :) xoxo

Christina · Married on 09/26/2015

It was such a pleasure getting to know and work with April. At the trial, I showed her a couple of photos of the look I was going for and she completely nailed it! She's also an esthetician so she really understood how to work with my dry/sensitive skin. On the wedding day, she made me, my 2 bridesmaids, and my mom look absolutely flawless. She managed to make our airbrush makeup and false lashes look extremely natural, and I love how she really personalized each of our looks. Everyone looked amazing in the photographs, even at the end of the night after dancing up a storm! April is not only super talented, but such a sweet person as well. I would highly recommend her to anyone that is looking for a real professional that can make you look naturally gorgeous!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Thank you! I appreciate your kind words and having me as a part of your day! <3

Carolyn · Married on 09/24/2015

April was amazing!

Finding a great make up artist for my wedding was important to me. I love make up and have done the bridal party make up for several friends weddings. I'm also a self confessed product junkie so I knew whoever did my make up had to be amazing and have a great selection of products in order to justify the spend when I could just have done my own make up on the day.

We were all delighted with our make up! My bridesmaids (3 plus 1 Junior) and mum were all raving about her for days afterwards!

Aside from being a great make up artist she is a genuinely lovely person who was great to have around on the morning. Throughout the process she was approachable and friendly - always replying promptly to my emails.

Would highly recommend. There may be cheaper vendors in the area but I feel April was 100% worth the fee she charged. She did my Junior Bridesmaid (13 yrs old) for free as she only required minimal make up.

Sent on 10/21/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Carolyn! You are a true beauty inside and out! I loved getting to know you in the process, and so happy to get to see you often now :) Thank you for having me as a part of your day <3

Charlotte · Married on 09/07/2015

April was professional, artistic and absolutely lovely! We spent as much time as I needed going over the different looks & make up styles that I was considering and spent plenty of time during my trial perfecting what I was looking for. April works on a "less is more" theory which allows you to showcase the best of your natural features and add layers to that as you wish.

I chose the airbrush make up which was amazing and I was beyond pleased with the results - my skin looked flawless. I could not have been happier and my now husband only spoke of my "radiance" & "beauty" that day and said I looked like the perfect version of me; this was exactly what I had been aiming for.

Its also important for me to say that I was a very nervous bride to be, but April kept me smiling and calm throughout the beauty section of the day.

From start to finish I couldn't have been happier with April and anytime I have an important event I will be inviting her right back.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Charlotte! You are a doll and looked like one on your wedding day! Sheesh! GORGE! It was lovely glamming you girls up the day of, and now bonding over our pure obsession with frenchies!!! xoxo

Christine · Married on 08/08/2015

April has a true talent and skill in making someone feel beautiful. I gave a general idea of what I wanted - natural, with a bit of a pop for my eyes - and she created the perfect look. If you are looking for the perfect make-up AND a makeup artist who is kind, consider working with April through Define Beauty.

Sent on 08/24/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

XOXO Christine!!! You are a sweetheart and I was honored to do your makeup on your wedding day!!!

A true pleasure to have April do makeup for our wedding and give her input on my "look". She is extremely professional, very knowledgeable, and very easy to work with. She did a beautiful job for both me and my mother. We loved her work.

Sent on 07/10/2015

Amy · Married on 05/29/2015

April is amazing! She was recommended to me by my hairdresser and I also glad I found her and booked her. The in-home trial was perfect for trying a few things and getting to know each other. April is totally open and friendly but relaxed and laid back, too. You want someone who is chill on the day of and she is exactly that. She is so talented but she wants you to be happy so she asks the right questions to make sure she gives you exactly what you want. My bridal makeup was spot on perfect. April even custom blended a lip color for me on the spot that was absolutely divine. I'm still trying to track down something similar! Everyone in the bridal party looked gorgeous. I can't recommend April enough, don't miss out on the chance to book her.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Amy!!! I loved creating your perfect look and being a part of your day!!! Your wedding and details were beyond beautiful and so are you!

Angela · Married on 05/23/2015

April did a fantastic job with my make up. She listened to the things I wanted and more importantly what I did not want. My make up looked natural and came out great in our pictures. I lasted all day and night. I got many compliments!

Sent on 01/06/2016

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you Angela! It was my pleasure! I loved being a part of your day! You looked stunning and of course Pepper was the best assistant ;)

jen · Married on 05/02/2015

April saved the day, after I suffered from an allergic reaction to my wedding make-up trial with another make-up artist. We spoke over the phone to review what happened and she fit me in for a last minute trial to make sure I felt comfortable. She explained every step and also changed my mind about airbrush application. I was so happy with the result, I booked her for myself and the wedding party. April stayed on schedule and made everyone look perfect! I would highly recommend April for any of your future events. She's not only talented in makeup application, she has so much knowledge of skin and skin care which truly sets her apart from the rest!

Sent on 09/13/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Thank you jen!! You were just breathtakingly beautiful and so was your wedding!! Incredible!!!! So happy I was a part of it! xo

Vicky · Married on 02/21/2015

You will not regret booking April!

When I showed up for my trial, I showed April a picture for no more than 10 seconds and she recreated the look for me with my preferred tweaks. Insane!

For my wedding day, she brought in an additional makeup artist based on the number of girls I had. They were both professional, pleasant and accommodating to each girl's taste. Everyone looked stunning!!

For me personally... I have never felt more beautiful and glamorous! The makeup lasted all day. In fact, I fell asleep with it on and it didn't budge.

April, you are so talented and cannot thank you enough for being a part of my day!

Sent on 04/14/2015

Define Beauty's reply:

Vicky you were one hell of a gorgeous bride!!!! Made my job super easy! I am so happy I could be there on your wedding day for you!!! xo

Amanda · Married on 09/21/2013

April is the best at what she does. I truly enjoy working with her. She listened and understood the look I was going for and executed it perfectly.

Sent on 09/27/2014

Danica · Married on 06/15/2013

I could not imagine my wedding day without April by my side. She played such a huge role in making me feel beautiful and her love and support pulled me through. I was so nervous but April attentively listened to my needs and my makeup looks perfect in all of my wedding photos!

I HIGHLY recommend her to any bride that wants flawless makeup on her wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2014

Define Beauty's reply:

Danica your photos will forever grace my website because your beauty is page stopping!!!!

Michele · Married on 05/04/2013

April was my makeup artist for our wedding, and I cannot speak more highly of her! She was really helpful as we were discussing options for makeup styles for the big day and what would be best for me. She had a lot of great input and ideas, and really just made everything so EASY (and what bride doesn't want that?!).

On the day of our wedding, April showed up at my parents house on time and got to work on my 5 bridesmaids and myself. She was beyond friendly, professional, and worked quickly, but without making us feel rushed.

My makeup didn't budge the entire day and looked flawless. She is truly amazing at what she does. I definitely would recommend her to any bride. Thank you, April!!! Job well done!

Sent on 12/15/2014

Amazing skill and very professional. Love her ability to transform each person into their most beautiful self!

Sent on 10/04/2014