Deer Run Golf Club Reviews

Deer Run Golf Club 2
Deer Run Golf Club 3
Deer Run Golf Club 4

Lindsay · Married on 05/31/2014

I can't express how happy we were with Deer Run. Toni and her team are AWESOME! They have almost no decoration restriction allowing you to make all your visions come true. We looked at several other places to have our reception, and all of them cost way more. Don't let the price fool you though! Both of our families have had A LOT of weddings they've attended and everyone said that Deer Run hands down had THE BEST food they've ever had at any wedding, EVER! The food was phenomenal and Toni responds quickly with any questions you may have. They really go above and beyond to make your day exactly what you want it to be. I highly recommend them to anyone looking for an amazing venue!

Sent on 06/07/2014

Abbey · Married on 05/17/2014

Don't let the exterior fool you. This is a wonderful venue for a wedding. After searching the Grand Rapids area for a venue big enough for our reception we came to Deer Run. The affordability of the venue/food/bar really allowed us to invest in our decor to make the space "our own." The food was awesome---several guests stated that it was "the best food they had ever had at a wedding." Toni was extremely helpful in last minute details and was very kind to our guests and vendors. This is an incredible vale for anyone with a bit of "vision" for their big day!!!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Dawn · Married on 05/09/2014

I had my wedding reception here 8 years ago and when I had to organize a Banquet for the car club I'm in I immediately knew where I would have it! Toni is very professional and helpful. The room is very nice, great bar area and wonderful dance floor with fireplace. The best part though is the food!!! It is fabulous!! I still have people tell me-8 years later how wonderful the food was at my wedding. Everyone at the banquet this past May said the same thing the food was awesome and the price cannot be beat, you get a lot of food, it's a great value! Highly recommend this venue.
    Dawn Westhouse

Sent on 05/26/2014

Lorna · Married on 12/07/2013

We had our company Christmas Party at Deer Run this past December and it was fabulous, everyone was friendly and easy to work with, the food was fantastic, meat was so delicious, the one thing I worried about was having enough food because we employee some big eaters and that ended up being no problem there was plenty of food. Several of our employees approached me about having our future parties at Deer Run, so I booked the next one that very night. The setting is beautiful, the staff so helpful, Toni is a joy to work with and very accommodating our entire party was a total success. I have also attended two weddings and receptions at Deer Run and both were equally fantastic. I would recommend Deer Run for any event.

Sent on 04/25/2014

My wife and I are very happy with having our wedding reception at deer run. We recieved complements all night on how nice it was and how good the food was. We will be recommending deer run to anyone that is getting married!!

Sent on 11/03/2013

Sommer · Married on 09/21/2013

I had the best experience at Deer Run. My wedding day was absolutely perfect thanks to Toni and her wonderful staff. She was very flexible with what i wanted to do and made the day and whole experience so relaxed and easy. The food was amazing! Our guests are still talking about how good it was. Everyone was very friendly and professional. I am so glad that my husband and I picked Deer Run.

Sent on 10/08/2013

Pameal · Married on 07/07/2013

We used Deer Run for our daughters wedding reception 6 years ago and couldn't have been more pleased with every aspect of our experience. Toni is always so accommodating and pleasant to work with.

This time around we used the facility for my mother-in-laws 90th birthday celebration. It was a much smaller gathering, but we were just as pleased with our experience as previously. Again, food was top notch. Delicious beyond expectation. Lisa was exceptional in her service. We never saw anyone from the kitchen, but food spoke for them. Toni is always a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 07/18/2013

I could not have asked for a better location for our wedding reception. Right from the beginning Toni was amazing and very easy to work with. She answered all questions and was there to help us along the way. The reception area is beautiful and went perfect with our decorations and our simple and elegant theme. We were blown away when everything came together. The food was amazing! We are still receiving compliments from our guests about the great picks and how wonderful everything tasted. The staff working was helpful and were there to help throughout the reception if it was needed. Overall they made our day amazing and special with all of their hard work. I would highly recommend them to everyone. Great staff, beautiful location, and amazing food all at a very affordable price. What more could you ask for??

Sent on 06/22/2013

This was our third time using this venue and probably not the last. From birthdays to weddings to a 65 anniversary dinner we have been very happy with Deer Run. The staff and management are "at your service". Toni is helpful, accommodating and easy to work with. The food is tasty and a nice variety to chose from.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Tim and Amanda · Married on 12/14/2012

We had our ceremony and reception at Deer Run and everything was done top notch. The food was very good and everyone enjoyed it. The entire staff was very nice and professional and we were given lots of flexibility with decorating and the food we brought in. This has to be the best value for a reception venue in the Grand Rapids area. My wife and I couldn't be happier with our decision!

Sent on 01/02/2013

steve · Married on 09/22/2012

Our guests raved about the fantastic food. I was impressed with the staff and their professionalism, and flexibility with our needs. One more daughter to marry off, this will be tops on my list of venues to choose for her special day. Thanks to Toni, Matt, and P.J. for their genuine help in making this wedding a great success!

Sent on 10/02/2012

Tammy · Married on 09/01/2012

We were promised we would be taken care of. Our expectations were met and far exceeded our plans. Toni was top notch to work with. Every staff member was friendly and helpful. As other reviews have indicated, the food was EXCELLENT!!! The room was spacious and fun to decorate. We could not have asked for our day to be any better!!

Sent on 09/27/2012

Joan · Married on 06/23/2012

Wonderful venue and food. The food was the BEST I have had at a wedding. Very tender beef, wonderful chicken parmesan, at very reasonable prices. We had an open bar. The drinks were excellent also. Toni, the person I worked with, was professional and took the time to answer my many questions. We had the ceremony outside in a beautiful area. There were also many settings for pictures. I recommend Deer Creek highly.

Sent on 07/01/2012

Shirley · Married on 07/27/2013

We held our Belding High School 50th Class Reunion at Deer Run. I cannot say enough nice things about the whole experience. Planning the event with Toni was simple and professional. On the day of the party, her staff was very accommodating to our committee, helping with setting up our decorations, display tables, podiums, etc. Everyone addressed our questions with a smile.

Our reunion party was a huge success! Our guests loved the delicious food. Our prime rib and chicken marsala buffett was delicious. The roasted potatoes, vegetable medley and salads and other dishes were prepared and served just right. It's a month later, and we are still receiving compliments from our classmates about how good the food was. The reception room was very pretty with all the big round tables, white linens and large windows to show off the golf course. The dance floor is spacious with plenty of room to twist and stroll. The cash bar was convenient and prices were reasonable. We were totally satisfied with the entire experience at Deer Run and will certainly consider using them again for another event!

Sent on 08/23/2013

Toni was great at responding to any questions I had and keeping me up to date. She also had to fill in for the chef, who had been fired a week before. Things went really well on the day of our wedding, even though the rain sent us inside

Sent on 10/15/2016
  • F

Suzanne · Married on 03/31/2012

I was very pleased with the service and the way the staff was friendly and easy to work with. The food was the best all the guests were impressed with the food. Thank you Deer Run and staff for making this the best day ever.

Sent on 04/08/2012

Jessica · Married on 10/18/2013

We were very happy with our decision to have our ceremony and reception here. We were married on a Friday, which made decorating and setting up a lot easier. The manager, Toni, was very flexible and open to us coming any time Thursday to decorate and set up, and they did a final clean up once we were finished. They provided a lot for us, including our table linens and napkins, silverware, glassware, champagne glasses for our head table, and any extra tables and such that we needed. There were only a few things that disappointed me. We arrived around lunchtime on our wedding day and I was told by friends and family that the manager was giving dirty looks or being "snippy," and I was told this several times by several different people. Also, when I provided the final numbers and decisions one week prior to our event, I specified a certain number of glasses of wine to be served that we would pay for. The manager served 27 glasses more than I specified, and at $4 per glass, plus tax, then gratuity, it added up! We received quite a bit of feedback that our beer keg was skunky, so they opened a pony keg, which wasn't very good either. I heard later that they don't chill their kegs?! My last complaint is that we had less people show than the number we gave her, so they prepared for more guests than those who ate, and we received no leftovers, but we saw her staff walk to the kitchen area with their plates PILED with food - that we paid for! I'm just being nitpicky, but these things really did bother me. However, at the end of it all, we had SO many compliments about the food, and it WAS amazing! The manager was very friendly to our guests and she was there (as far as I know) for at least 16 hours that day. Their staff was extremely friendly and waited on guests and made for a very pleasant experience. The manager even wrote us a thank you card and complimented us on how we decorated and arranged the venue. Despite my frustrations, I would absolutely recommend this venue.

Sent on 11/14/2013

Deer Run Golf Club's reply:

I regret that Jessica was not 100% satisfied with her special day. I admit that there was something wrong with the second keg. The first and second keg were chilled. There was nothing wrong with the first keg. The full keg was consumed. I offered bottled beer and maxed that at the keg price. The extra glasses of wine were approved by a parent. I can not control guests that sent a positive rsvp, and then do not show up. The final numbers were given to me only 7 days prior to the event.That is a very gracious amount of time to commit to a final head count. We provide a buffet, priced per person. I promise to never run out of food and allow guests to go back for seconds. Yes, I prepare extra food for my staff to eat on their break. I must add that the bride did a wonderful job on the decorations. I've been here for 12 years, and the gift table was the prettiest I have seen. I feel like I did my utmost to accommodate this event over the two day period.

Sara · Married on 10/04/2008

We enjoyed having our reception at Deer Run Golf Club. The food was good, and we had plenty of space for everyone. There is a nice dancefloor which we used. It has it's own unique rustic look and feel to the place, but I liked it. Toni is the manager there and she works really hard to ensure everything goes smoothly.

Sent on 02/05/2009

Cara · Married on 01/05/2008

3.0

Very professional club for those on a lower budget. The catering was definitely higher class. The reason that we went with this club was that it had a north cabin look and feel, complete with cedar walls, iron chandeliers and a fireplace. Toni was very helpful and easy to work with. The only problem that I had was with another member of the management staff who continually interrupted our meal to ask us questions about the decorations. Apparently the mayor or some other city official had a daughter getting married the weekend after us and they saw our decorations while we were at the church and fell in love with them. This member of the management staff played liason for way to long and at a very inappropriate time. (He could have waited until the party was about to die down, not in the middle of dinner.) Did I mention the wonderful food?

Sent on 11/17/2008

Deer Run is the nicest place you could ever have a reception. With enough room to seat 200 people it is very spacious. You can decorate however you would like and they even help you out with the basics. Toni is easy to talk to and always had the answers for our questions. The food was great and most of our guest went up for seconds. The caterers/bartenders were excellent. They always came and got our empty plates but seemed to stay in the background. Definitely go with them because the price is right!

Sent on 01/11/2016