DeeJay Jay Productions - Maryland Wedding and Party DJ Reviews

60 | Columbia, MD

60 Reviews for DeeJay Jay Productions - Maryland Wedding and Party DJ

• User3377420 · Recently married

Working with Jay was an amazing experience!! He was on time, kept the crowd informed, entertained and the music was amazing! Jay definitely helped the reception move smoothly and I loved playing the shoelywed game. He made wonderful suggestions, his system was easy to navigate and he was more than accommodating for our needs. I would use Jay for all of my future events and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great and reliable DJ.

Thank you Jay for making our wedding wonderful!
    Love,
    M+D

Sent on 10/14/2013

Rosa · Married on 05/07/2016

DJ Jay went above and beyond our expectations. He was incredibly helpful and thorough throughout the entire wedding process. We weren’t sure how the flow of the wedding day was supposed to go, but he was very organized and provided us with a detailed wedding day timeline. He made our perfect day run smoothly. As for the tunes, his music selection software couldn’t have been easier to use. Since the day we booked him, he was very on top of everything, always available for answering questions and providing additional information for things we would have never thought of! I wrote a surprise song for the groom and DJ Jay setup everything I needed (microphone, guitar, cables, etc.) without the groom having any idea! He was very professional as well as fun. It is clear that he is experienced, competent and enthusiastic about his work. We can’t thank him enough!

Sent on 05/15/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/08/2016

Jay was by far the absolute perfect DJ for us and upon meeting him we knew we had to look no further. Jay was incredibly flexible to arrange meeting times and locations, and he was super responsive and patient with us throughout the planning process. We had a multi-cultural wedding (Bulgarian/American) and we required a unique and challenging mix of music. Jay didn’t even flinch at this request, instead he was genuinely excited about making the wedding fun for both cultures. His enthusiasm really put us at ease since we had a bit of anxiety about the musical balance part of the wedding. We provided him with a list of our preferred Bulgarian songs, and Jay executed everything perfectly on the night of our wedding, and our dance floor was packed all night. His dance lights made for some great party pictures, and everyone commented on how engaging he was and what a great job he did. We loved working with Jay—our wedding was the best night of our lives, and we have his humble, professional service to thank.

Sent on 08/08/2016

LeRoy · event on: 12/10/2015

Responded to all correspondence in a timely manner. Jason... always professional, attention to detail, and very impressionable. Great variety of music and knows how to work the atmosphere of the room and people. Hands down excellent value and service for the money.

Sent on 12/13/2015
  • User6019659 · 2+ years ago

It was our priority to hire a Christian DJ. We reviewed three services and interviewed two. DeeJay was prepared, professional, thorough, explained the entire process, and provided many examples of what to expect. Executing such an important life event as a wedding takes enormous skill, experience, patience, and nerves of steel - and that's just for the parents of the bride! Seriously, most people deal with the DJ/MOC as an afterthought. Wrong! The DJ/MOC becomes the voice of the event, sets the tone, and should be able to make adjustments to the flow of things instantly. DeeJay did all this and more. As a veteran, I expected him to take control, execute with precision, and give us the peace of mind knowing that we could trust him and the outcome. The wedding was a tremendous success - many guests came to us saying they've been to many weddings but none like ours. Praise God and kudos to Jay!

Sent on 12/04/2015

When my husband and I announced we were engaged, so many people told us NOT to have a wedding because they’re very stressful, not to mention expensive. Well, when all was said and done, we couldn’t have been more happy we had one! Yes, it was more money than we expected (what wedding isn't), but far less stressful than we were told it would be and we have our amazing vendors, especially Deejay Jay, to thank for that.

When selecting our DJ, we based our selection on several criteria - professionalism, reviews, cost, services, and responsiveness. After doing some research, we discovered Deejay was reasonably priced in comparison to other DJs who cost nearly twice as much, if not more. He also came highly recommended by a coworker whose daughter had recently gotten married. After reaching out to him, he responded back in less than 24 hours with additional information. He then set up a time for us to chat during which he was punctual, thorough, responsive, and absolutely lovely to talk to. He was personable and friendly and fun - all qualities you want in a DJ. During the planning process, he was always prepared, available, and a treasure trove of knowledge. His guidance helped us piece together our music for the wedding…a selection we received many compliments on. He even provided an online portal through which we requested songs and through which we approved/rejected songs our guests requested through the same portal. Most importantly, the day of our wedding couldn’t have gone more flawlessly. Deejay arrived several hours early to set-up, was on cue for everything we discussed, and even kept us on schedule as the evening progressed. He was professional, a phenomenal MC, and brought so much life to the party! He got our guests out dancing when everyone was tired and helped us to have an amazing wedding. In addition, he took a ton of amazing pictures which we will treasure for years to come.

Overall, we highly recommend Deejay Jay!!!

Sent on 10/20/2015

Katie · Married on 08/30/2015

Choosing DeeJay Jay to be our DJ was the best decision we ever made! We needed someone to make our evening amazing and make sure that everything would run smoothly and was perfect. DeeJay Jay exceeded our expectations 110%! Every time we reached out to him with a question or concern, he was very quick to respond and was so helpful. He has a system in place to help plan all the details of the event. It was such a flawless system. It really took a lot of the stress off of us as we could use it to track everything. When it came down to the actual event, DeeJay Jay was there early and well prepared. He was so professional and did everything we asked of him. Him made the evening run so smooth and we couldn't have had such a successful day without him. I can't thank you enough DeeJay Jay, you were truly the PERFEFT DJ for us. Thank you for helping us making our wedding so perfect!

Sent on 09/29/2015
  • I

Ivelisse · Married on 08/08/2015

My wedding night was a success due to the thoroughness and support provided by Deejay Jay Productions. From the start, I felt like Jay was going to be a perfect addition to my wedding day. Throughout the planning process, his website’s tool proved to be very helpful, enabling me to find calm in the storm of detailing every moment out. My husband and I were able to speak to him on the phone for several meetings in which he brought up topics we had not previously thought about, ensuring the day’s plans went off without a hitch. He seemed genuinely interested in making our day as fun and simple as possible. During the wedding, he made sure we stood on schedule without seeming like he was rushing us. It felt like he was our coach for the night. Not only did he get people on the dance floor, he got my family on the dance floor which is hard to do. He was able to please a VERY diverse group, making the party fun for everyone and a success for my husband and I. I cannot express the happiness I felt to witness our families bonding on the dance floor. He even threw in some music we’d never heard, like an interesting Bachata version of “Billie Jean.” He is simply an artist behind his booth that knows what to play to get everyone on their feet. He even snapped some of the best pictures of the night! Thank you, Jay, for contributing to our magical night in such an amazing way! The night would never have been so successful with such a dynamic group without you to mediate with your tunes!

Sent on 10/04/2015

Dawn · Married on 07/11/2015

Jay did an amazing job as a DJ. He played music that everyone in the party loved! He had everyone dancing! He also took great pictures and posted them on his facebook! He was awesome!

Sent on 07/14/2015

Elvis · Married on 06/27/2015

From the moment I talked with DJ Jay, on the phone, I had a good feeling that he was a professional. I could tell he knew his job! He graciously accepted to be the DJ at our wedding and did an amazing job! He talked with the bride and groom to discover a little about who they were as a couple, and what their dream was for their wedding.

We were actually impressed with how quickly DJ Jay responded to our email inquiries. It was followed by an hour long telephone conversation/interview then a follow-up email from him a few weeks thereafter.

Our reception was a bit untraditional with no dancing but DJ Jay was able to work the music, mikes, video, etc to make the reception a fun time for everyone. We also had some difficult conditions to work with (rain, wind, schedule adjustments) but he was quite flexible and able to improvise. Everyone has been commenting on how smoothly everything ran. Even the mother of the bride, who sometimes has a critical eye on these things, was very impressed and to this day is not even aware of the issues happening behind the scenes.

Jay- thank you for making our wedding a truly memorable one, you simply are amazing at what you do!

Sent on 07/08/2015

Rachel · Married on 06/20/2015

Loved the online planning for picking songs for various parts of the reception. It was also nice in terms of adding songs to "must play" and "do not play" playlists. Jay was very good at choosing music throughout the night that suited the population of guests who were dancing. He was a great person to work with throughout the planning process!

Sent on 07/01/2015

Lindsay · Married on 05/30/2015

Jay was extremely helpful throughout the planning process and very fun and professional during our wedding. The planning tools online made it very easy to choose music and plan the special songs and announcements. He was responsive to all of our requests and changes. Jay provided a flow timeline to make sure everything went smoothly. During the reception, he kept the party going and helped keep everything on time. Everything was great!

Sent on 06/07/2015

Rachel · Married on 05/23/2015

Jay was awesome! Our original DJ could not make our wedding and Jay stepped in and took over with very little notice and did a fantastic job! Our guests were very complimentary at how professional he was and how he kept the wedding going. He did a great job keeping our guests on the dance floor! I would definitely recommend Jay to anyone needing DJ services for your event!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Amy · Married on 05/09/2015

Words can't describe how pleased I was with DeeJay Jay. He did more than a perfect job at my wedding. From the first meeting/interview, all the way to the last moments at my wedding, Jay provided professionalism, knowledge, and guidance. He was never over baring and was so easy to work with.

My husband and I were worried if a DJ would be able to provide what we wanted for our wedding. We like reggae, indie, and EDM music. Not a typical music selection. Jay did a great job working with us and giving us music that was us and also able to feel out the audience and select songs based on that.

You will not be disappointed with DeeJay Jay!!!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Rebecca · Married on 04/17/2015

At first, we were not going to get a dj at all for our intimate reception dinner. We were worried about cost and if any of our 35 guests would even dance. We were considering making our own playlist and calling it a day. We are so glad we came across Jay! We talked over the phone first and he answered all of my questions and relieved my dj doubts. He had amazing prices and was very flexible with what we needed/wanted. He drove out of his way to meet us and after leaving that planning session, we felt so much more comfortable. We needed someone who was willing to be super flexible and not just a typical wedding dj. To play dinner music all night long if that's what the crowd wanted or of they did dance to have a different plan entirely. We weren't the typical size wedding and were worried that it wouldn't be as fun without all the usual wedding hoopla. He was great! He was so knowledgable- everything he said about the younger kids and crowd at the meeting was dead on at the reception. He definitely knows his business and has his finger on the pulse of what the crowd wants. We never thought we would dance that much
    (Hubby and I are so not dancers) and we had an amazing reception. He was also very professional and his website planning tools were such a breeze to use. We had a ton of luck with our vendors- We highly recommend Jay- and if you are reading this...Congrats! On your upcoming wedding.

Sent on 05/17/2015
  • Mrs.Thate

Latosha · Married on 03/29/2015

If your looking for a great DJ for your next event, DeeJay Jay Produtions-Maryland Wedding and Party DJ is the way to go. Jay was hired to DJ our Wedding where he did a phenomenal job. All of our guest loved Jay, and had a great time with him. Jay was very interactive with our guest, and kept the party going by keeping everyone on the dance floor. At the end of the night, we received many wonderful compliments from our guest about Jay.

When planning our wedding, Jay was very professional, informative, and overall helpful. When we first met with Jay, he instructed us on how to use the music database that's on his website. He made sure that we understood the database and answered any questions we had. My husband and I liked the fact that we were able to access the database online because it was convenient for us to just go in and select the music, or add music . Not only were we able to make music selections, but our guest were able to access the database and request songs as well.

During the planning stage, my husband and I had several questions. Jay always answered every question we asked in a timely manner. Jay was also very patient with us. I can be very indecisive, and no matter how many times I changed the information on the Flow Chart, Jay was always happy to change the information and instantly give me an updated Flow Chart.

Every time we had a meeting with Jay, he arrived on time and was prepared. He made sure to schedule a walkthrough of our venue; so that he could ask questions, know exactly how to set up, and to get an idea of where each event would take place. Jay also was able to come to our wedding rehearsal which was very beneficial because he was able to work alongside with our officiant.

Overall, it was a great experience working with Jay. Our wedding was wonderful, our guest had an Awesome time, and its all thanks to Jay of DeeJay Jay Productions-Maryland Wedding and Party DJ.

Sent on 04/11/2015

Nidhi · event on: 02/07/2015

Jay was outstanding. I had many compliments on the DJ and the great music that kept everyone happy and dancing!
    I recommend Jay to any social event (private or corporate) and applaud his flexibility and professionalism. The ability to select and request music prior to the event was an additional plus!
    Keep up the wonderful work! We will be using your service again!

Nidhi Gulati
    Chief Recruiter/Corporate Relations Manager
    Sevatec, Inc.

Sent on 02/08/2015
  • Anitsa

Anitsa · event on: 11/15/2014

Jay was extremely professional and efficient. Always provided excellent ideas and provided outstanding entertainment, music and creative ideas for my daughter's event! At the beginning I was a bit concerned about him being able to deliver what we were asking for but he dissipated all my doubts with his professionalism, and great customer service. He was quick to answer my questions, provided constant updates and ensure everything ran smoothly. I am most definitely recommending him to all my family and friends!

Sent on 11/24/2014

Melissa · event on: 10/25/2014

DeeJay Jay was exceptional. He was very professional and provided excellent DJ services as well as customer service for my husband's surprise birthday party. Jay kept in touch throughout the planning process and was responsive and promptly called when he said he would! I loved the fact that myself and the guests could request songs in advance of the party. The customized playlist option is great! He kept the guests engaged and on the dance floor. I definitely recommend DeeJay Jay for your next event and I will sure use him for mine.

Sent on 10/28/2014

Cory · Married on 09/20/2014

Jay was such a pleasure to work with. From the moment I contacted him for more information all throughout the wedding planning process. He was always quick to respond either by email or phone call. The online planning tool was so easy to use and having a timeline for the evening was so helpful. Jay was very flexible in any changes that needed to be made to the timeline. Everyone had a great time dancing at the reception and we were very happy with the music selection and the way the night flew by! I would definitely recommend Jay to friends and family for any event requiring a DJ!

Sent on 10/07/2014

Joe · Married on 09/13/2014

Jay was professional, responsive, and his fees were very reasonable. He did a fantastic job at our wedding - he played exactly the kind of music we were looking for, kept everyone on the dance floor, and did a great job MCing the event.

I would recommend Jay without hesitation.

Sent on 10/13/2014

Natalia · Married on 09/07/2014

When I first started planning my wedding I told my fiancé we need to hire a DJ because I've been to a wedding that nobody could hear the ceremony because the sound was terrible so this was the first thing we did. I researched for a long time, I read all the reviews and after some emails we hired Deejays. Since the beginning he was awesome!! He answered the emails so promptly, he was flexible and he truly understood what we need from him and he did it perfectly. We were so worried that he would be late or anything like this but after our first meeting before the wedding we felt that we were safe. He was very punctual, responsible, professional and he was truly compromised to the success of our wedding!! When I first started planning my wedding I thought I want to hire people who truly love what they do and Deejay was one of themSo happy that everything happened that way we planned!! The wedding was amazing and your work made the difference!! Thank you very much!!!!!

Sent on 09/27/2014

Roxana` · Married on 09/06/2014

Working with Jay was awesome, very responsive and professional! He had our dance floor busy all night long! From ceremony to reception everything was perfect ! Thank you so much

Sent on 09/19/2014

Kateesha · event on: 08/30/2014

DJ Jay was AMAZING!!!!! From the very first time we communicated, he was nothing but professional and knew exactly how to cater to my party. His database of songs is incredible and he has every song you could imagine having at your event. And if he didn't have it in his database already, he made sure to find it! He kept my party jumping from start to finish! Showed up on time to set up and EVERYTHING far exceeded my expectations. There aren't enough words to express how special he made my husband's 30th birthday!!! People are still calling and texting me saying how amazing the DJ was!! Believe me, if you need a DJ for ANY event, look no further, this is the DJ you want, hands down!! Thank you so much Jay, can't wait to book you for the next event!!!!

Sent on 08/31/2014

Heather · event on: 07/19/2014

I hosted a pool party at my community. Everything that could go wrong prior to the party did. Jay was wonderful! He was engaging with the guests and very flexible with me. I will highly recommend him to everyone!

Sent on 07/20/2014