Dee Kay Events Reviews

76 | Howell, NJ

76 Reviews for Dee Kay Events

Stephanie · event on: 03/26/2014

Diane was an essential part of managing a large fundraising event to support Project Ladybug, a charity that supports children with cancer and their families. Founded by Dina Manzo, this charity puts on events that are designed to not only impress but carry meaning and heart. This is truly who Diane and Dee Kay Events is: impressive with heart! Diane was called upon in the last few weeks of planning to help find quality vendors and assist with managing the overall design and execution of the event. This is the second time Project Ladybug has engaged Diane's assistance and it was a huge success. It's one thing to manage an event, it's another thing to manage one that is being filmed for television! This event was filmed as the season finale of the Real Housewives of New Jersey and every moment was a challenge to ensure the guests were enjoying themselves while making sure the production team had what they needed. Diane's ability to manage, direct, and organize is beyond stellar. Her assistance at this event was invaluable!

Sent on 10/29/2014

Stephanie · Married on 11/11/2013

Having Diane on my team for a recent event was invaluable. As an event planner her professionalism is second to none, and her demeanor both pleasant and refreshing. Diane is a calm presence in a sea of frenzy whose natural intuition provides whatever is needed in the moment. She is aware, alert, and attentive to event hosts and guests alike. I highly recommend Diane as a wedding and event planner and to help you manage the day of your big moment!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Joanna · event on: 10/20/2013

DeeKay Events helped me greatly with planning an event for a dear friend. The staff was professional and timely with responding to my onslaught of emails, and collaborated to create the most beautiful dessert display I had ever seen (ooh's and ahh's were plentiful from the attending guests, many wanted Diane's contact information AND her recipe's!) It was so hard to choose between the milkshake cupcakes (best frosting ever!), onesie cookies and sweet little milk bottles filled with chocolate malt balls. Everything was delicious! The favors they created were unique to a baby shower - organic sugar body scrub (made by hand) - and the ladies were all very excited to take them home and try them! From working out the design details, to coordinating the venue and schedule of the install, DeeKay Events was professional and kind throughout the process, you can tell Diane + her team love what they do!

Sent on 10/23/2013

Helena · event on: 10/20/2013

DeeKay Events provided a beautiful dessert & favor display for a baby shower I was hosting in my home. My guests raved about the assortment of treats, and how lovely everything looked. The ladies were all so excited to take home their favors - citrus & lavender homemade sugar scrubs made by Diane. Diane was really a pleasure to work with. I came to her with many ideas and rather than disregard them so she could do her own vision, she listened and incorporated my ideas with her own. She is a true professional.

Sent on 11/05/2013

Samantha · Married on 09/14/2013

Diane made everything spectacular beyond my expectations. Everything she helped with came out AMAZING and i couldn't ask for more. Truly a life savor!

Sent on 09/17/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Samantha! It was so much fun getting to know you and Tomislav. By the way, we love all the pictures. You guys look so in love! Wishing you all the best always!

Tomislav · Married on 09/14/2013

Diane was awesome. She went above and beyond what we expected to make our wedding beautiful. Everything was perfect and we would love to have her plan all of our events.

Sent on 10/18/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Tomislav! We appreciate reviews from all our clients, but it's something extra special when a groom leaves us some wonderful feedback. Wishing you and Samantha all the love and happiness in the world!

Nina · Married on 08/24/2013

My fiancé and I got engaged in October of 2012 and decided to hire a wedding planner to help us for the big day. We heard of DeeKay Events through word of mouth and decided to meet with Diane, the head creative director of the company. From the first moment you sit down with Diane, you realize that she is a true professional who loves what she does. Then you realize that she also is personable and has a vision for your event, based on your individual taste and style. Then you realize that with your individual taste and style, she's got a creative edge and spark that takes your event over the top once you see the end product. From my beautiful bridal shower flowers, decor and menu cards, the personal detail and vision that she brings is amazing. Our wedding was a great succes thanks in large part to Diane and her hard work. From designing our invitations to helping us pick all of the music, both Croatian and American, our wedding was flawless. She even set up framed photographs and beautiful decor outside of my reception space. From designing the welcome bags for our guests, to suggesting flip flops for the ladies to be available in the restrooms, she was amazing. She was organized, detailed and always responsive to each and every question my husband and I had. I would recommend DeeKay Events to all brides and grooms and those seeking professional party planning assistance. We could not have done it without DeeKay Events! Thank you!

Sent on 08/25/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Nina! We had the greatest time getting to know you and Andy. You two are so wonderful. Can you get married again so we can do it all over again? Wishing you both all the love and happiness in the world!

Sumana · Married on 08/24/2013

Diane was amazing!! I would use her for weddings, parties, trips, or just about anything else important in your life where you would want perfection. Her attention to detail and organizational skills floored me, and she made one of my closest friend's wedding an affair to remember, including the website, shower, invitations, bachelorette party, coordination of the party buses and limos, as well as party favors and more. She even booked the 2 week honeymoon in Italy, including hotel reservations, dinners, excursions, and flights and trains between cities. I would highly recommend her and intend to use her myself for an occasion someday.

Joe · Married on 08/24/2013

I'm writing this review for Diane to let all of her future brides and grooms know that she does an outstanding job at managing and organizing the entire event. I had the privilege of working along side Diane as the DJ for a very large wedding. As a full time DJ/MC working with event planners is usually a nightmare. Majority of them are control freaks who want to run the show and tell others how to do their job. This is where Diane shines and sets herself apart - She understands the importance of working with vendors such as the DJ, photographers, and the venue to maintain the flow of the entire event. She allows everyone to do their job and always seemed to be a step ahead of whatever request the bride and groom asked of her. It was a pleasure working with Diane and anyone who is looking for a professional helping hand should not think twice about hiring her.

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Joe! It was a blast working with you. Looking forward to more events together!

Angela · Married on 08/24/2013

Diane Kolanovic-Solaja did an amazing job for my cousin's wedding this past weekend! Her attention to detail was beyond perfect. I have never been to a wedding that had such amazing details as my cousins wedding, right down to labeling sizes on the flip flops that she graciously provided for guests aching feet from too much dancing! Diane's immaculate attention to every detail also had us running ahead of schedule and her laid back and easy going personality put all of us at ease breaking any tension or pre-wedding jitters any of us felt on that day. Diane was born to do this!!! If you are planning an event in the tri-state area, you would be crazy not to hire Diane to plan your event. She will exceed your expectations and will give you the wedding you have always dreamed of! She is hands down one of the best wedding planners in New Jersey and I will highly recommend her to any of my friends who are in need of an event planner.

andrew · Married on 08/24/2013

Diane from Dee Kay Events went above and beyond to make sure all the details, no matter how small, were taken care of. As the groom, i really didn't want to have too much to do with the planning aspect of our wedding. Dee Kay Events made it virtually stress free for me during the entire time, which is exactly what i wanted.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Josipa · event on: 05/18/2013

I had the pleasure of working with Diane on favors and creative ideas for my sister in law's baby shower. Even though the shower was held in California and Diane's business is based in New Jersey, this served no problem whatsoever. We chatted over email, phone and text and came up with some great ideas for the favors and possible decor themes. We decided to go with Diane's famous homemade lavender scented body scrub (which is divine!) and she personalized each jar with a label that replicated the exact design on our invitations. She prepared all 50 of the jars for us and shipped them to me in plenty of time ahead of the shower. It was cost effective and added the right touch to our theme. The mom to be was so happy with the results, and the guests were excited to try out the scrub. It was such a pretty and useful favor. Diane's professionalism, enthusiastic creativity, personal attention to every detail and timeliness are unparalleled, and I've worked with many different vendors and planners. I would trust her with any aspect of any event I hold in the future. I can't wait to host another event so I can use Diane again!

Sent on 05/20/2013

Allison · event on: 05/11/2013

This was the best and easiest event I've ever had the pleasure of hosting. Diane was an absolute pleasure to work with. I trusted her 100% with every decision, question, concern and issue. I've never used an event planner before, and I will never NOT use one again!!! Her creativity and work ethic are amazing. She was always there to answer my emails, texts and calls. I never felt ignored or unimportant. Truly an wonderful person and an even more wonderful event planner. I'm thinking up reasons to throw more parties!!!!

Sent on 05/14/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Ali, for the kind words! We loved every minute of working with you and every minute of the fun chalkboard and chevron design! We cannot wait to work with you and your family again. The pleasure was all ours!

Jennifer · event on: 05/11/2013

The decorations and attention to details that Diane added to my bridal shower were amazing! Everything was well organized and truly personalized. I highly recommend Dee Kay Events and Diane!!!

Sent on 05/23/2013

Stefanie · Married on 04/20/2013

I believe that I am one of the few brides that woke up with no stress on her wedding day. I was free of worry, because I had Dee Kay Events plan my wedding. She took all my worries away. I told her my dream, my vision and all that I could hope for that day. She made it all come true. No red eyes for me from no sleep. My wish is for evey bride to enjoy her day the way that I did. From everything big to every small detail, Dee Kay Events made it important.
    You won't regret having Dee Kay Events take your wedding dreams and making them come true.

Sent on 05/28/2013

CNYLA · Married on 04/19/2013

We are a non-profit organization and are grateful to all of our sponsors. But, Dee Kay Events, is more than just a sponsor. They made us feel like true clients. Since the day we approached them with the idea of partnering with us, they made us feel like a million bucks. Ever since then, they have been a dream come true. Every team member has dedicated their time and efforts to us as if we were the royals getting married. They even sent us a "thank you" client gift!

For our annual members cruise, which attracts hundreds of people each year, they designed our t-shirts, welcome bags and even went so far as to schedule our events on board, schedule delivery of all the things we needed. They even arranged the hotel group accommodations, the group cruise fares (acted as our travel agents!) and re-designed our website this year. Unbelievable.

We are proud to say that Dee Kay Events will be our sponsor again this year in February 2014. Our members are still talking about this past April. Everyone keeps saying it was organized better than any event they have attended and better welcome bags than any destination wedding they have been to!

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! With the highest recommendations, hire Dee Kay Events. Please! You will not regret it.

Sent on 10/20/2013
  • I

Ivana · Married on 04/19/2013

I am so glad I have this opportunity to state that, overall, Dee Kay Events truly did an amazing job of coordinating, designing and organizing our event! Everything went so smoothly! Since the first day we began planning, Dee Kay Events went above and beyond showing dedication and support. It was so very appreciated. The whole process was so easy and organized and the event itself was like a dream come true! The members of the Dee Kay team were responsible and always positive and very personable and kind. This was key, because it was easy to approach them with various questions and ideas.
    Our annual cruise truly attracts hundreds of people worldwide. So it is very important to us that it is artfully done and creatively enticing! The visuals are what people are attracted to, and that helps us reach even more people. Dee Kay events has agreed to be our sponsor again this year for our February 2014 event and our members are still raving about how excited they are to see what Dee Kay will have up their sleeves this year because last year they completely surprised us with things like: tee-shirt designs, welcome bags and even a brand new website design to embrace our audience in a wonderful way.
    I look forward to working with Dee Kay events again this year and I truly give them the highest of recommendations! Thank you for this opportunity!
    ivana@cnyla.com

Sent on 11/09/2013

Gabriella · event on: 02/09/2013

I hardly write reviews online, but for Dee Kay Events, I just had to take the time. I was in need of a last minute planner for my niece's baby shower. I came across Dee Kay Events' Facebook page and on a whim I sent a message. I received a very timely response and within one day, I had a scheduled meeting with Diane. I felt completely at ease as soon as I met her. She has this confidence about her that is unmatched and shows through her work. I couldn't believe how she transformed my home into a beautiful, lovely space. It felt as if it wasn’t my home, but a completely different location. The detail and care she put into every aspect of the shower was remarkable. I could not believe that she designed and hand made everything – from the printed menus, most décor and even down to the favors! (She makes her own organic body scrub!) She even went as so far to greet and direct my guests once they arrived. Her smile set the tone for the entire afternoon. It was so nice to have someone take care of everything. Diane is elegant not only in her persona, but also in her craft. I feel she took my simple ideas and created her own better and unique version. Typical baby shower pinks and pacifiers were transformed into high tea with the ladies. An afternoon everyone enjoyed. I highly recommend Dee Kay Events and Diane, in particular. For the detail, effort and kindness she puts out there, she is worth every penny. Simply magical.

Sent on 02/25/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

We are blushing! We do not know what to say... We are so glad we were able to make the design work for you. Just seeing everyone smile that day was enough for us! But, your kind words are touching our hearts in such a big way. Thank you so much! We hope there are more fun parties in the future! And, please send our love to Yvette. We hope she enjoyed her shower as much as we did!

Lorraine · event on: 02/04/2013

Diane was a dream come true. Her vision , her need for perfection to every detail made my daughter 's baby shower such a perfect day. Even the guests were overwhelmed with the creativity as well as elegance she brought to the party . She was a pleasure to work with and like I told her a hundred times that day, love her, love her, love her.

Sent on 03/18/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Oh, Lorraine. We love, love, LOVE you too! We put our heart and soul into this event and we are so glad that everyone was so thrilled! Anytime you need us, you know where to find us! Cheers to beautiful design and adorable babies! :)

Kristijana · Married on 08/18/2012

Thank you to the BEST wedding planner ever!!! Dee Kay Events is the only event planner I would ever use. She are amazing. We are so blessed to have found her. Thank you so much for putting together those special touches. You have such a thoughtful eye for design and details. She takes the time to listen and get to know the bride and groom so she can do things that reflected us. She set up an amazing candy bar that our guest are still talking about. Thanks to Dee Kay Events as my mother-in-law says, "we dropped the bomb on Cleveland."

Sent on 03/01/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Kristijana! It was such a pleasure and complete honor to be in Cleveland with both your families. We are blushing from the remarks from your mother-in-law. Please let her know that her hospitality, sincerity and humor blew our minds and we hope to drop some more party bombs soon :) Wishing you and John many beautiful and happy years together! Now, let's start making babies and decorating for a baby shower :)

Alexandra · Married on 06/30/2012

Professional and personable!

I have worked with Dee Kay events on several occasions in the past four years and each time, I have been blown away by their professionalism, creativity, and expertise. They care deeply about their clients and will go above and beyond during all stages of the event to make sure their clients' wishes are taken care of in the best way possible. Not only that, but they are very personable and it's very easy to connect with them, which makes working with them very enjoyable, too! I highly recommend Dee Kay Events!

Sent on 01/01/2019

Melisa · Married on 04/24/2011

Diane was the best investment we could have ever made for our destination wedding. We had a "planner" included in our pricing at our resort, but I needed someone who really knew the logistics of our wedding and could execute everything perfectly. I asked a few friends and Diane came highly recommended. I was so happy when Diane agreed to travel to Florida and be our "week of" planner. My family is from Iowa, but I was getting married in Florida, so planning was very difficult. But, once Diane arrived, I felt a huge sense of relief. (I wish I hired her sooner!) Her sense of humor calmed my nerves. Her organization was/is top notch! Her energy alone could can make anyone smile. The entire week leading up to our wedding, Diane became much more than a planner, but a part of our family. She is authentic in every way. She was there for every crazy and stressful moment. She also made sure that every detail was taken care of from picking up the dress, to food shopping for the rehearsal dinner, to making sure the flowers were picked up on Easter morning! Diane went above and beyond and I could have not done it without her. Our wedding was the best day ever and I will never forget it. I am so glad I met Diane and wish her business nothing but success! I am hoping to see her face in Florida soon.

Sent on 03/23/2013

Dee Kay Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Melisa! Your wedding was fabulous and we want to go back to Florida just to see you guys again! It was a beautiful day for a beautiful bride and a family with a heart of gold. We were honored to have been there. We cannot wait to work with you again on future events!
  • Rishima

Rishima · Married on 11/06/2010

Hiring DeeKay events was the best decision I made. I was short on time, out of town, and had to plan a baby shower for my sister quick! Diane made me feel confident that everything would be taken care of and when I shared my thoughts with her she knew exactly what I wanted and envisioned! She totally understood! She made the venue so beautiful and went above my expectations! I already have her in mind for my next events because I know she'll be amazing!

Sent on 11/28/2016
  • Jenny

Jenny · Married on 06/29/2019

Personable, Caring and All Around Amazing Wedding Planner

We used Diane Šolaja and Dee Kay Events for our wedding at The Manor in West Orange, NJ and it was so nice to enjoy and live in the moment during our wedding day! As a bride who is a planner & wanted everything to go according to plan, I was happy to step aside on my wedding day knowing Diane & hear team would handle it from working with all the vendors, the venue as well as my bridal party in making everything run smoothly.

In addition, we got to really know Diane on a personal level as she worked alongside us on wedding planning for a year leading up to our wedding date. I was really impress with how much passion & devotion she has as a planner when she went above & beyond to help my then fiance plan a surprise engagement trip! From there I knew I could count on her when I wanted to stick to a wedding budget or use a different platform to host our wedding website. There can be many ups & downs during wedding planning and Diane was amazing on working through it all from providing comfort, advice to being a sound board. If you are looking for a soulful, caring person who not only want to see your wedding day a success but genuinely cares about you and your partner by walking through all the steps and turning all the rainy days into sunshine, then I highly recommend you reach out to Diane Solaja & Dee Kay Events!

With Love,

~ Jenny & Tristan

Sent on 09/06/2019
  • User4511823 · event on: 02/15/2014

Dee Kay Events did an amazing job planning and organizing the event! The attention to detail and their dedication can not be beat!

Sent on 10/29/2014