Decorative Sound Reviews

Decorative Sound 1
Decorative Sound 2
Decorative Sound 3

Holley · Married on 04/29/2011

Mike knows how to get people out of their seats and does so with taste and class. He greeted all of us at the reception with a smile and a drink and did everything we asked. He was always available whenever we would call, great at offering suggestions, and very professional. He looked great at the reception, did all the announcements with no pronunciation mistakes, played all the right songs in just the right progression and offered to stay as long as we wanted. I think the music he provided at our reception was the best I have ever experienced.

Sent on 05/27/2011

Erin · Married on 02/05/2011

Rob was the actual DJ the night of our wedding. He was amazing! He played to the crowd's demeanor by playing the right song at just the right time. He checked in with us if we wanted or needed anything added or changed. We had him do our ceremony music as well and when we asked for suggestions for various songs to play, he was so helpful. The ceremony and reception went perfect! I would highly recommend Decorative Sound, from our first meeting, we felt confident that things would be done right and that was a load off our minds.

Sent on 02/08/2011

Kristin · Married on 12/11/2010

Decorative Sound was great! We met with Michael before our wedding to decide on songs. We had a music themed reception and Michael was great about helping us sort through our song choices. The night of our reception our DJ was amazing and so professional!! He kept the dance floor full, which is exactly what I wanted.

Sent on 01/01/2011
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 10/02/2010

These guys were amazing! Our DJ welcomed us off the Limo with waters and the rundown before the entrance. He was so professional and very down to earth. He poured our champagne, took special requests and played all the music we wanted! They also gave us a disc of our special songs to remember our night! Highly recommend this company!!

Sent on 10/24/2010

Kim · Married on 10/02/2010

Michael with Decorative Sound was FANTASTIC from the time we booked him (2 years prior) to the time he left our wedding! He was more than just a DJ- he facilitated the entire evening to keep us on schedule- he asked us periodically through out the evening if we needed anything, he would get us drinks. He was very flexible- we made a few changes THE DAY OF and Michael didn't flinch- he was so accommodating! All of the songs he played were great! Our guests are still talking about our DJ as they can make or break a party and he definitely made our night! I strongly recommend him!

Sent on 10/27/2010

Shanna · Married on 07/31/2010

I was really pleased with Decorative Sound! They had everyone up and dancing at our wedding :) I didn't even realize until the end of the night that most of my moms aunt's and uncles and older cousins were still there dancing!! It was nice to know that the wedding was fun! They played a great mix of music. It was nice to sit down with Michael (the owner) and talk about what was going to be played! I was really happy that I hired them to be my DJ :)

Sent on 08/18/2010
  • F

Franklin · Married on 04/03/2010

I think Decorative Sound is one of the best DJ service specially designed for wedding party. Me and my wife thought it dosn't make any difference if we have any DJ or not. We could have played a soft song all through the wedding party that we couldn't feel a thing. But our experience told us having a DJ is absolutely adding glamour to your wedding.

Before the party began, Mike and his team took care of the venue decoration and music list planning. That saved a lot of time and work for us. During the process, they not only do their best to play the music we liked, but also converting atmosphere among our guests. Those songs and music shifted so smoothly and the guests really had a good time. We had nothing to worry about and we did our best to cater to the needs of our guests.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Abby · Married on 01/03/2010

Michael was absolutely fantastic! He did our reception and sound for the ceremony. We went through the night with every confidence that things were going right. He helped the party move along at just the right pace. Definitely recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 10/22/2011

Kristin · Married on 12/27/2009

We thought they did an excellent job mixing up the songs, playing our requests, and kept the reception moving. They were very friendly and easy to work with. The price was also very reasonable. We highly recommend them.

Sent on 01/12/2010

Heather · Married on 11/14/2009

We did not have to worry about a thing at the reception! The DJ did everything from dismissing the tables for dinner to making sure we had our drinks for the toast and a glass of water at the end of the night. He was very professional and made sure we were happy all night. I would recommend them to any bride who wants a stress free reception!

Sent on 12/01/2009

Sarah · Married on 10/24/2009

I could not be happier with how the music during the reception turned out. My DJ was great and my guests kept telling me how impressed they were with the professionalism of the DJ and how he kept the flow of the night going. The music that I requested was played and everyone loved the music. At the end of the night, I got a CD with the music that was played as a keepsake. Thank you for a memorale evening.

Sent on 11/29/2009

Darcy · Married on 09/26/2009

Decorative Sound came highly recommended and they certainly lived up to the expectations. They took the time to find out what music I did and did not want to have played at my reception. They were also able to help us come up with song options for the cake cutting, etc.

Sent on 12/21/2009

Heather · Married on 09/25/2009

Mike was absolutely awesome to work with...he went above and beyond what I expected (he even made sure my drink was full without me asking)! Everyone at my wedding complimented the music---friends and even my grandma! Great variety, couldn't have picked a better DJ to entertain!

Sent on 10/14/2009

Jennifer · Married on 09/19/2009

We had Michael as our dj. He literally kept people on the dance floor all night long...I have never seen anything like it. Even our photographer and dj kept saying how they've never seen a dance floor so packed, even til the end of the night. He did the perfect mix of fast and slow songs. He also made sure that my husband and I had anything we needed at all times through the night. From bringing us drinks to occasionally asking if there was anything at all we needed...he was great! I'd recommend him to everyone. He made our evening carefree and made our wedding reception one that all of our friends/family can't stop talking about.

Sent on 11/19/2009
  • rachel2213

Rachel · Married on 08/01/2009

Excellent DJ. Decorative Sound was the vendor we were most satisfied with overall. Our DJ was professional, unobtrusive, and extremely helpful. As we sat down to dinner, he took drink orders for the entire bridal party and got my MOH set up with her drink before the toast. He was invisible the majority of the time, but completely appropriate when making announcements. THe music was great and he had everyone dancing until the last song. The CD they give you is wonderful and we really enjoyed listening to it on the drive to the airport the next day.

Sent on 08/13/2009

Bradford · Married on 06/08/2009

I felt like he had no idea what was going on. Then, when we arrived at the reception he had us all meet before he announced us, which was fine. Well, thankfully I glanced at the clipboard he had and noticed that all the information was WRONG! We had two meeting with, Michael, the owner, in which he went over everything we wanted, bridal party names, etc. He had it all written down, but what this guy had wasn't correct at all. I had to quickly change who was walking with whom and replace a bridesmaid that had dropped out months before. Then, we missed the anniversary dance b/c I was in the bathroom adjusting my bustle. He did it without us!! We went through all the songs they provided with a fine tooth comb to make sure we had what we wanted, but they played songs we had never even heard of before. My husband says that we just got the typical "wedding package". I remember the first song after the bridal party dance was an old country song, which I HATED. He also didn't announce our late-night buffet. I had to ask him to do everything and it was supposed to take all the pressure off of me. I was very upset and disappointed. Sure, the music was good, but was it worth $1000? Heck no.

Sent on 06/03/2010

Alicia · Married on 04/25/2009

There are not enough stars in the world to tell everyone how satisfied we were with Mike and his employees! BOOK THIS DJ! They kept the whole party going until after we were already gone. They made sure we had enough to eat and drink! Absolutely the best investment of the day!!! Worth every penny!!!

Sent on 05/11/2009

Jenny · Married on 04/24/2009

We had a great experience with Decorative Sound for both our ceremony & reception. A month before our wedding we sat down with Michael, the owner & he helped us out with picking out music for our ceremony. His ideas were fab! For my bridal march he turned me on to Eva Cassidy's version of of "At Last" & for our recessional he provided for us with an edited version of The Verves "Bittersweet Symphony", both songs fit us perfect! At our reception our DJ Nick did an awesome job with making sure everthing went great! He greeted & opened the doors for all our guest as they arrived, helped our photographers bring in their equipment & set up, brought drinks for our entire wedding party up to our head table, and most importantly, he kept our dance floor packed the entire night! We received several compliments from our guests about the fine job he did. He even gave us a CD at the end of the night with our formal dances & several other selections he played throughout our night.

Sent on 05/09/2009

Kristina · Married on 09/13/2008

Outstanding! The dance floor was full through the last song. Michael was wonderful to work with and took the time to get to know us and our music preferences. You will not be disappointed with Decorative Sound!

Sent on 07/27/2009

Sarah · Married on 08/08/2008

Anyone who is worried about getting people out on the dance floor should have no worries with Decorative Sound. Their DJs are the most professional and genuinely kind people you can find. Other DJs may cost less, but if you want the absolute best quality music and professional DJs you must use this company. Our guests talked about the amazing music the entire night, and even called us on our honeymoon to rave about the wonderful tunes played at our reception. Our DJ even made sure we had water outside for our pictures! If I could have paid them any amount I would have made sure that they walked away as millionaires because they were THAT good! Your wedding will not be the same without Decorative Sound. Trust me!

Sent on 08/18/2008

Douglas · Married on 08/08/2008

Decorative Sound went far beyond my expectations. They met with us a few weeks before the wedding to get a feel for the type of music we would like during the ceremony and reception. They give you the option of selecting every specific song that is played, or simply determining the genre and placing songs on play/do not play lists. They also assist you in planning the layout of the wedding reception, and work with the reception venue to be sure that everything runs smoothly. The day of the wedding, they arrive early and meet with the reception venue and officiant to make sure that everyone is on the same page. They also check with the bride and groom and assist to offer in any way possible - everything from retrieving important people for photos to bringing ice water out to the bride and groom. In the end, this company is a little more expensive than some other DJs, but it is well worth the extra cost. They go above and beyond the role of the typical DJ, and take a genuine interest in the couple's wedding. To top things off, they give you a CD at the end of the night with all of the music from your wedding. It seems like a minor feature, but it means a lot to be able to listen to this CD in the future.

Sent on 08/19/2008
  • U

Lavender · Married on 06/21/2008

I absolutely LOVED having Decorative Sound. I spent months researching everything from florists to cake, but when it came to the DJ I went SOLELY on the references from theknot.com and all of them were screaming "HIRE DECORATIVE SOUND!" We booked them after meeting Mike for about 45 minutes. Although they cost slightly more than some of the DJs in the area, they are WAY worth it. Mike really helped us pick the perfect music and keep things moving for our reception.

Our actual DJ, Rob, was fantastic. He handed me a water as soon as I got out of the limo and stepped foot into the reception hall. We had the best compliments about the dinner music and the dancing. The dinner music was a mix of my style and some of their classics and it was blended perfectly. During my Maid of Honor's toast which related to a song that she and I share together, Rob started playing the song ever so softly in the background and it just topped the whole thing off.

We had a wedding one month after ours and Mike was the DJ. Not only did he remember us, he remembered our "first dance" song and he played it for us. That meant so much to us.

I am so happy we worked with Mike and Rob and Decorative Sound. I know a lot of people say this, but we had more compliments about our DJ than anything else. They are worth every penny and more!!!!!

Sent on 08/05/2008

MARY · Married on 06/07/2008

tHESE GUYS WERE AWSOME! THEY PLAYED EVERYTHING WE WANTED, DIDN'T PLAY WHAT WE SAID NOT TO. WE ALSO TOLD THEM WHAT KIND OF MUSIC WE LIKED AND THEY PICKED OUT A BUNCH FOR US. I WOULD RECOMMEND THEM TO ANYONE

Sent on 07/01/2008

Kelly · Married on 05/17/2008

Decorative was Amazing!!! I was so worried about people not dancing at the wedding, but boy was I wrong. Our DJ couldn't get people OFF the dance floor, they even offered to stay longer if we wanted. Our DJ went beyond our expectations by far. My husband and I felt like our DJ was our wedding coordinator because he kept the reception going smoothly and kept my husband and I up to date throughout the whole night with what was happening next. Our DJ played everything we wanted and there was not one song that I was disappointed with. Our DJ was early and meet with us and the reception hall and everything was set up and perfect. Our DJ was very professional, personable, outgoing, and definatley kept the party going. The DJ is the main person that I think makes or breaks a wedding reception, and our DJ was wonderful!! I could not have been more pleased with our service. The CD they give you at the end of the night of all the special songs is a simple gesture, but it is so nice to have. My husband and I love listening to our wedding cd on special occasions. I would recommend Decorative Sound to anyone looking for a DJ. They definately have my business again for any event I plan.

Sent on 02/04/2009

Brandi · Married on 07/28/2007

This DJ is awesome. They don't give you a time limit, which is great, so you don't have to worry about music stopping if the party is still going. They dress professionally and make sure they make the bride and groom happy!

Sent on 04/19/2008