DeClare Cakes Reviews

119 | Charleston, SC

119 Reviews for DeClare Cakes

Stephanie · Married on 05/21/2017

We had a destination wedding in Charleston which made it hard to taste wedding cakes prior to the big day. Not with Declare! They sent us tasting samples in the mail and we were smitten! My husband and I are not big sweets people, but OMG our wedding cake was seriously the best cake that we have ever had, not to mention it was so pretty that I didn't want to cut it! They are even mailing us our 1 year anniversary topper so that we didn't have to transport it back after the wedding. They are seriously the best!

Chelsea · Married on 05/13/2017

Our wedding cake was one of my favorite things about our wedding. When we met Deb for the tasting, I was totally in love with her house, story, and her cakes. I raved about the tasting for months with my friends and made sure everyone had a slice of our cake at the wedding. I really pushed Deb on the design as I wanted watercolor painted flower on the cake. To say I was blown away is an understatement. It came out beautifully, far exceeding my expectations. All of our guest loved the taste of the cake. Can't wait to dig into our 1 year anniversary cake next May :)

Sy · Married on 04/07/2017

DeClare provided our wedding reception cake, which was beautifully crafted and absolutely delicious. We decided on a simple 3 tier design with flowers strategically placed. The 'strawberry lemonade' flavor was perfect for our outdoor spring wedding!

Laura · Married on 09/03/2016

The ladies at Declare did a FANTASTIC job on our wedding cake!! They took my idea and made it come to life! It was beautiful and delicious!! They even sent us with a first anniversary tier ready to be frozen.

Sent on 09/26/2016

DeClare Cakes's reply:

Laura, Happy cartwheels over here!!! It was such a pleasure to work with you!

Sarah · Married on 06/04/2016

Our cake was not only beautiful but delicious! Deb was very responsive and helpful. I didn't have a picture of what I wanted, so she went based off of my explanation and it turned out perfectly!

Sara · Married on 05/21/2016

Deb and Declare Cakes were absolutely wonderful and not only made a beautiful cake but a delicious one as well! We loved the three flavors we chose: Carrot, Caramel, and Neapolitan.

Our guests RAVED about Declare Cakes... so so SO delicious! and beautiful! When our car was being loaded after wedding someone had put our topper into our car without telling us (and upside down) so we very sadly had to get rid of it the next day... it was the most depressing thing to throw that delicious cake away!!

• W

Weatherly · Married on 04/30/2016

We loved working with Deb. She was truly a pleasure to work with. Her cakes not only taste unique and amazing, she takes such great pride in her presentation of her cakes. Deb helped us design my wedding cake and my grooms cake. We choose three different flavors and I couldn't pick my favorite. Each flavor and filling are amazing. Our guests could not stop talking about all three flavors. I can not wait to eat our top tier a year from now on our anniversary. Choose DeClare Cakes if you want amazing flavor that will keep your guests talking about the cake for months.

I've never really liked the taste of most wedding cakes since you tend to have less quality for the beauty. Not with Declare Cakes! My cake was beautiful and it tasted delicious! So many guests raved about it. Allison and Deb were a pleasure to work with. I totally recommend them.

• F

Flora · Married on 01/16/2016

Our wedding cake was one of the highlights of our wedding thanks to Chef Deb and Alison at DeClare Cakes. From our initial meeting with Deb I knew that she was on the same page as us. Our cake was absolutely stunning and fit perfectly in with the rest of our wedding- not to mention it was delicious! Our wedding cake was a dark chocolate cake with chocolate ganache and cream cheese frosting in between the layers, all covered in buttercream frosting. It was by far the most delicious cake we have ever tasted and we will be dreaming about it for some time! We also had additional desserts made by DeClare Cakes. In addition to our wedding cake, we had individual New York style cheesecakes with strawberry sauce for our guests to enjoy in place of a traditional groom's cake. Again, nothing but rave reviews from our guests! Chef Deb and Alison were both so professional and wonderful to work with, I would absolutely recommend DeClare Cakes to any Charleston bride.

Sent on 01/27/2016

DeClare Cakes's reply:

Flora, You and your Mom, Beatrice, were such a joy to work with. You made our jobs a cinch!! We are honored by your sweet remarks. Thank you; your very kind.
    Congratulations, Mr and Mrs!!! Deb and Alison

Cassandra · Married on 12/31/2015

We were so happy with DeClare Cakes for our fabulous wedding cake and groom's pie. We ordered a 1 tier naked cake that was strawberry with vanilla bean buttercream and a peach pie. They both were beautiful and delicious at our New Years Eve Wedding! We couldn't have asked for better service, Deb was always so quick to respond to us when we had questions and she was even able to mail us up a cake tasting to New York which made choosing our cake so much easier! I would highly recommend DeClare Cakes to anyone!

Holly · Married on 11/15/2015

DeClare was the perfect choice for our wedding cake! We wanted something simple but with an amazing flavor / taste. DeClare offered us the best value and flavors to choose from for our day. My husband isn't big on cake in general and he absolutely loved her cakes! We went with Strawberry Chocolate Chip and everyone raved about it. You also don't have to use your top tier as your anniversary cake...she provides you with a small cake already packaged for freezing! Meet with DeClare first (or order her sample box to be delivered if you're out of the Charleston area) and you won't be sorry!

• Z

Zach · Married on 11/07/2015

Declare cakes did an amazing job on our wedding cake. Not only was it delicious, but it looked amazing as well. Deb was easy to work with and was quick to respond with any questions/concerns we had.

Kimberly · Married on 10/17/2015

Our wedding cake from Declare was not only beautiful, but delicious as well! I sent a picture of what I wanted the cake to look like, and on our wedding day, it looked exactly like I had envisioned! We chose carrot cake for 2 of our tiers, and white cake with caramel filling for another tier and both of them were amazing! Declare was very quick to respond to my emails and gave us a great tasting box to try different flavors and fillings. I would definitely recommend Declare Cakes!!

Sent on 01/03/2016

DeClare Cakes's reply:

Thanks a million for sharing your joy of your guests' palettes being pleased!! Taking your time to say so makes my whisk go round!!!
    Happiest cartwheels! Deb

Chef Deb is the best!
    Pick her!!! You will not be sorry

DeClare Cakes was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and I couldn't have been happier with this awesome recommendation!
    Chef Deb was a pleasure to work with, and was truly an artist in creating the cake I had envisioned!
    I wanted a "naked, scraped" cake, and it turned out beautifully! She even recommended our florist, Anna Bella Florals, and the two worked together to decorate the cake with fresh flowers.
    Not only did the cake look beautiful and was everything I had imagined, but it tasted amazing!!!
    I couldn't have been happier with our choice!

• I

Izzy · Married on 06/06/2015

Our wedding cake was delicious! We were an out of town couple, and we were initially worried we would have to order a wedding cake from a bakery without ever trying it. Chef Deb is very responsive to emails, and was able to overnight us a cake tasting box to help us make our decision. The cake looked beautiful and tasted awesome.

• ChaseandNora

Nora · Married on 05/30/2015

Deb was wonderful! Our wedding cookie cake looked great and tasted amazing! All of our guests loved it. She is very professional and responds to emails promptly. Thanks so much Deb!

My wedding cake and cupcakes were gorgeous and very tasty. The service was also great. As an out of town bride, they helped make the process easy peasy:)

Angela · Married on 05/16/2015

Deb at Declare's Cakes was wonderful to work with. I found her through the reviews I read here on Wedding Wire. I was having a destination wedding in Charleston and it was important to me to find someone who would make a fantastic cake both visually and in taste. And she did not disappoint! We chose almond pound cake with a lemon curd filling and it was the best wedding cake we ever tasted! Our guests loved it! 90% of the cake was eaten at our reception; and the other 10% for breakfast the next day. And it was adorable and beautifully decorated. Our guests kept asking if it was a real cake! She was good with email communication and our tasting was a fun experience. We will definitely refer to her and use her services ourselves again in the future. A home run!

Lindsay · Married on 04/18/2015

Chef Deb made us an INCREDIBLE wedding cake! Everyone at DeClare Cakes was wonderful and responsive during our wedding planning process, and made us our dream cake for our wedding, all while staying within our budget. The cake was so tasty, and our guests raved about the fun flavors we included (chocolate chip cake, anyone?). We\'re so thankful to have found DeClare cakes while planning our wedding from afar, and would recommend Chef Deb and DeClare Cakes to all Charleston brides!

Rosie · Married on 04/18/2015

Deb was great to work with and the cake tasted amazing!! I actually got my birthday cake from her as well which was equally delicious. We went with the pound cake with lemon curd and raspberry filling for the wedding. It was nice to have something a little different for our cake and everyone raved about it!

Steven · Married on 04/03/2015

Chef Deb with DeClare Cakes is a phenomenal wedding cake designer and baker! Her cakes are so beautiful and she is able to design anything from a simple cake to an extremely intricate one. She has more cake and icing flavors to choose from than any other cake vendor I know, and her cakes are to die for!!! We choose two different flavors (Grand Marnier Almond Cake and White Cake with Caramel Icing), and they were delectable!! We cannot wait to eat our anniversary tier next year! Besides being an incredibly talented chef, Chef Deb is such a joy to work with. She is so sweet, caring, attentive to detail and your vision, and responsive. Her prices are also extremely competitive, and she offers fantastic package deals for unbeatable prices! I would highly recommend DeClare Cakes for your wedding cake! You won't be sorry!

Alexandra · Married on 03/07/2015

Being out of town, we conducted all our business with them via email. Very prompt responses, we got to meet with them once to do a taste testing. All the flavors were amazing, we ended up going with a pound cake with apricot and strawberry filling. All our guests raved about it, the icing wasn't too sweet and the cake was dense and moist. Friendly, professional, and delicious.

Colleen · Married on 01/17/2015

My husband and I cannot say enough positive things about Chef Deb and the rest of the DeClare Cakes staff. From the beginning, she was very flexible setting up a time to meet as I was trying to squeeze in a cake tasting while my out-of-town matron of honor was in town for a weekend. During the consultation, we tasted all absolutely amazing cakes! Both my husband and I would never choose carrot cake if given the choice between that and something else, but Chef Deb made us believers in it! We have never tasted something so amazing- this is not to say that every other cake/frosting/filling that we also tried was not equally amazing but we were completely blown away by the carrot cake because both of us have never liked it! Hence, we couldn't just choose one or two cakes, instead, we chose four (red velvet, carrot cake, chocolate, almond) because we couldn't not have some of them (on a side note, every guest who had the carrot cake said that it was best they had ever had!)! Out of all (four other bakeries) we had consultations with, none blew us away like Chef Deb. She had such an attention to detail and the amount of time she spent with us describing to us the cakes/fillings/flavors was indescribable. It was obvious from our first meeting that she was very passionate to her craft and equally dedicated to each of her clients/brides.
    At the consultation, we provided her with a photo of what the look we wanted but we left much up to her interpretation as we didn't want a replica. She did not disappoint- far from, she completely exceeded our expectations! Everyone at the wedding was equally amazed by her design as well as the taste of the cake(s)! It was an absolute pleasure to have Chef Deb help us make our wedding a success!

Now that I had discovered DeClare Cakes, I cannot wait to have her help me with other special occasion cakes!