Deborah's Bridal Reviews

Deborah's Bridal 4

Reanna · Married on 10/18/2013

3.8
      1.0

I purchased my dress here for my wedding 2 years in advance. The sales woman was extremely kind and helpful. They have a nice selection of dresses at reasonable prices. I was very happy with my dress. I did have one problem. I traveled from far away to go to Deborah's Bridal as I had seen several dresses I wanted to try on were at their store. When I purchased my dress, they told me I could get alterations to minimize the extreme sweetheart neckline. Since I ordered it so early (1 1/2 years in advance), I had to bring the dress back for alterations closer to the wedding. The location was very far from me and would cost me $100 in gas just to bring it there. I called to see if they could offer me a discount for bringing my dress to them to have it altered. They said no. They were not even flexible. To make matters worse, when I brought my dress to another alteration place, they told me it would be very costly to make the sweetheart neckline less dramatic, since the top was a coresette (sp?) with boning. I did not end up getting that changed as a result. I wish they would have been honest with me about the alterations, and would have been more flexible to work with me since I traveled from far away to purchase the dress. If you go here, make sure you have all your ends covered and ask many questions so you do not end up in a situation like mine. Otherwise, the experience was nice and I ended up loving my dress without changing the sweetheart neckline.

Sent on 11/08/2013

Mora · Married on 05/04/2014

2.5

The dress was beautiful, and the team working there was great at first, but after I bought the dress, I felt like they didn't really care about customer service. They overprice their alterations, so be careful. I paid almost half as much as I did for the dress just for the alterations. The sample dress I tried on fit perfectly, but it seems like they wrote down smaller measurements so I had to alter the dress when it came in. Then I had to go back 3 more times because they couldn't get the size right. I went from letting it out, then bringing it in one area, then again a different area before they finally got it right. Oh and definitely do not buy the bridesmaids dresses from there. Completely overpriced....I found similar if not exact ones from other places that was at least $100 difference. And they don't tell you the brand at the store so you can't look it up.
    Again, beautiful dresses, but not the greatest customer service.

Sent on 06/08/2014
  • Korkalot

Kourtney · Married on 07/11/2009

2.5

I had a lot of problems with this place. First, because the dress I found was "technically" a bridesmaids dress, I didn't get the same treatment as other brides and got a lot of funny looks. I was always made to change and dry on my dress/get fitted in the prom section rather than the bridal section that had the three-way mirror. After I bought the dress, it started to fall apart. I had to take it back to get fixed (which they comped) when I got it pressed (which they do for free). When I got the dress back home after pressing, the edge of the ribbons were smudged and a little dirty. The women who work there are not professional and they are a bit snooty. They could keep me and my maid of honor straight. They kept calling HER the bride. Suck service all around.

Sent on 08/09/2009

3.0

The main reason I bought my dress at this store was because they were the only one in the area that carried the designer I liked. Also Julie, the salesgirl, was AWESOME.

Sent on 03/16/2013
  • Bethany

Bethany · Married on 02/25/2012

3.0

I have very mixed feelings about Deborah's Bridal of Upland. While I loved my wedding gown and the quality was great my mom and bridesmaids did not have the same experience. At times the girls there were rude and unhelpful and really gave my girls a hard time. My mom also got her dress there and had to have about 4 fittings to get it right and it still didn't fit her. The dresses they have are beautiful but some of the girls could use an attitude adjustment. My aunt even mistakenly left with her signed receipt and they called me several times to have her bring it back to the store days before my wedding. I was getting ready for a 200 person wedding, I don't feel I should have been bothered with a silly mistake they made!

Sent on 03/02/2012

Angela · Married on 08/06/2011

2.8
      1.0

I've been to Deborah's for three occasions over the years. Her employees have been nice and helpful, and when I couldn't find a dress but had a picture, they ordered it for me. THE DOWNSIDE of Deborah's was when we met Deborah herself. She was very rude and treated us like criminals simply because we brought in a dress so we could match the color with swatches in her store for the dress we were buying. EXTREMELY RUDE! My friend and I are professional women in our 50s who had plenty of money to spend in her store, and were shocked at her attitude. Thank goodness for several other bridal stores in the area now so we don't have to go back.

Sent on 02/09/2013

JAIME · Married on 04/08/2018

0.5

Although the woman helping me was nice... this visit felt perfunctory at best. I had a 90 minute appointment & after being shown 4 dresses was basically told that I was done. I would have appreciated a little more interest in showing me some more dresses that I would like but I felt like perhaps my price point ($1500) was a deterrent to giving me better service.
    The setup here is very odd as well,there is no seating for your guests... every time you come out they need to come in from the waiting area in the front.The guests are not treated as warmly as in other places.
    There is a super-strict policy on no photos. It is off-putting and seems to be unique to this location. They sell it as being because they don't want inadvertent pictures of other brides taken. This policy ended up weighing into my decision to not buy a dress I really liked there. I needed to see how it photographed compared to another one I liked and that wasn't possible. Pictures show you angles you cant easily see in mirrors and in the end, this really mattered... not to mention we were told we were done trying well before the end of the appointment so I don't know if they ran out of price-point dresses or they just did not care for me but one of my guests was going to look for something else to pull (which is how is was presented to us in the beginning) and was told "You guys are done".
    It is too bad, the woman helping me was nice... it was more the policy's of the shop that dictated the bad experience.

Sent on 04/27/2017

Nicole · Married on 01/27/2018

2.5

The consultant I met with did not seem interested in making a sale that day. She had me try on just a few dresses and we went through them so quickly I thought we would go back to look for more to try on. However she made it seem like it was time to go already, even though it had only been half an hour and no one was waiting in the lobby, and kept saying "next time". I went to several other places and this is the only place with a "no photos" policy and the only one that had my guest sit in the same room I was changing in. Unfortunately I cannot recommend this place and I will not be getting my dress from them.

Sent on 03/09/2017

alcira · Married on 08/12/2010

2.0

I loved my dress but not thanks to Deborah's Bridal. The alterations are way too expensive. They wouldn't allow my brother to give me his feedback, even though they said once I purchased the dress he would be allowed to see me. I really felt like all they wanted was my money.

Sent on 09/27/2010

Julie · Married on 01/31/2010

1.0

I loved my dress, but the customer service lacks at Deborah's. I never felt like they really wanted me there and I always felt like I was being an inconvenience to the staff. I would agree with the other reviewer who said the staff is "snooty". I would not recommend Deborah's Bridal as I am sure there are other shops that have great dresses with much better customer service.

Sent on 02/10/2010

Elana · Married on 04/16/2016

2.4
      2.0

This review is mainly for the alterations. We had a good experience when buying the dress. Looking back on it, clearly all they care about is making the sale. We came back to them for the alterations on the dress and had a horrible experience. They tell you everything is "no problem" and then a month before the wedding they changed their tune. My dress was too tight and they told me it was fine. I insisted it was too tight (I needed to be able to sit down and breath) and they said they ok "no problem". We went back a total of 5 times and 2 of the times I am pretty sure they didn't actually make any changes. I think they thought I would change my mind and want it too tight...or maybe they thought I would lose weight. Either way, they did not listen and did not deliver good service. The final time we went to pick the dress up, they had messed up our appointment and the dress was not ready. They should buy stock in Starbucks for how many times they sent us there to wait while they tried to fix their mistakes. In the end, I was not happy with dress. It did not fit the way I wanted it and they took the excitement out of the dress for me. For what they charge for alterations, we should have had zero trouble. I highly advise taking your dress somewhere else for alterations.

Sent on 05/11/2016

Hello Elana,
    Thank you so much for your review and we are sorry you were not happy with your dress. One of the most important details that a bride will have to decide when ordering their wedding gown, is to choose the correct size that will benefit all parts of their figure. Sometimes when we choose a smaller size then the size chart denotes, more alterations are needed. We are here to make recommendations for the bride based on our experience with the manufacturers and their size charts however; the bride knows her body best and it is ultimately her decision to select her size. We are fortunate to have an excellent seamstress department to offer alterations as we did for your dress and we expressed we could have done more for you however per your request we had your wedding gown ready and pressed for you to pick up 2 weeks prior to the wedding. Again we wish we could have done more and wish you the best in your new marriage.

Melisa · Married on 10/01/2006

2.2
      2.5

I loved the dress I bought at Deborah's and their selection, but I wish it had been a little better of a deal, and the service representatives were only friendly until I picked a dress. I had problems with overcharging with alterations, etc, and the customer service could have been better. It is a good place, but not if you're looking for a bargain.

Sent on 03/05/2008

Cathy · Married on 09/06/2014

1.6
      1.0

What started out as a fairly good experience ended in total dissatisfaction. Read your receipt closely! If you buy ANYTHING. Shoes, jewelry, hair pieces, make sure that's what you want because ALL SALES ARE FINAL!!! That is NOT posted anywhere in the store. It's in very small print on the back of the receipt.

Sent on 08/23/2014

Hello Cathy,
    Thank you for your promised review regarding your requested return. It is important to us that all of our customers are aware of the special order nature of all of our merchandise in the store and our final sale items as well. This is why we have you sign a sales contract before finalizing the sale. All mark down merchandise is a final sale as stated boldly on your receipt and we did refund your shoe purchase per your request. We wish you the best in your upcoming wedding.

Keri · Married on 09/24/2016

1.4
      2.0

This place is really strange. Firstly, they're overpriced (though, what bridal salon isn't?). Secondly, and this is a big one, they won't allow pictures to be taken of you in the dresses you're trying on. If you want to get pictures taken, you have to commit to the dress FIRST and pay the deposit.

Also, if you want to try on dresses more than once, by the third visit, you have to pay them. They won't let unprofessional pictures be taken, you have to choose the dress THEN they'll take you to their fancy studio where they'll make you pose and you'll pay for professional pictures to show all your adoring family.
    I take issue with this because I'm not a fast decision-maker, and I rely on images to really remind me how I felt and how I looked in a dress. That was really important to me in making a decision, and they wouldn't be flexible whatsoever. I was unsure about a particular dress, and without photos I was forced to go back twice, and ultimately decided not to get it because I couldn't see myself in it from a camera angle. That was a deal breaker for me.

I recommend you save the time and effort and look elsewhere for gowns. You won't be missing out. And hey, maybe they'll let you take photos (it is year 2016, may I remind you).

Sent on 10/11/2016

Hello,

Thank you for your review on your visit to our salon and we are sorry you were not happy with your experience. We have one of the largest collection of designer gowns in the Inland Empire and the added value of our services when purchasing a gown at our store is highly rated with our brides. We do have a photo room in the back of the store for you to take pictures once your gown is ordered however, we do not have a professional photographer and do not charge you for taking your own pictures. We wish you the best in your future married bliss.

Kind Regards,
    Susana

Maria · Married on 10/03/2015

1.4
      1.0

Horrible customer service. Snooty attitudes. Made me feel like I was asking for a handout. Very rushed during fittings.

Sent on 08/08/2015

Sue · Married on 05/19/2010

0.5

Girls, I wish I knew what I was getting myself into when I came to Deborahs Bridal!! Once you charge your dress, you are doomed!!! They tell one thing but once you have it, there are extra charges!! I took my bridal party and they were soo upset with the service. They were not allowed to sit anywhere, just stand there and the consultant told me there wouldnt need hemming on my dress since it fit perfect and if it didn't, 3" would be covered as well as the bustle. Well, I actually needed one inch and a half taken off which they are charging me close to $300! and my bustle which I regret paying for ended costing me 287.41. Not kidding!!!! My wedding dress shopping has been a nightmare!!!!! If you are on a budget, stay away. If you don't care what you spend, this is a perfect place. I've been to other Bridal shops and they treated me like a bride. Deborah's Bridal just wants to charge you and don't care that this is your day!! Just a warning...................

Sent on 06/06/2010

0.0

Please do not get your dress here! It has taken them 4 months to get my alterations to look ok. My wedding is in 2 weeks! I finally gave up and am dealing with the dress that I am not happy with. Deborah the owner is rude and never appologized her ruining my dress. Deborah would never let her daughter walk down the isle looking the way I am goingt o look. I thought they would get it to look good so I ran out of time to get another dress. This place will ruin whats supposed to be the best day of your life!

Sent on 07/17/2014

Hello Vienna,
    Thank you for your review. Every bride has a vision of how they would like their gown to be and we altered your dress to accommodate your request. We are often asked to lower the back of a gown in alterations with much success. You were not happy with the fit and I have been there for you through it all to make whatever adjustments that were needed. Ultimately we refunded your alterations for the custom work. Your dress fit well on your last fitting and we are still here to make any changes you would like to the gown. We have plenty of time for any adjustments, just let us know.