Deauville Beach Resort Reviews

18 | Miami Beach, FL

18 Reviews for Deauville Beach Resort

• Y

Yamilka · Married on 08/05/2017

We weren't able to hold our wedding at the Deauville because there was an electrical problem that left the building without power. Thankfully, we were working with Conny Ragone and she did the impossible to make sure we had the wedding we'd dreamed of.
    Before the fire that shut down the Deauville, Conny welcomed us into her office and was helpful and warm. She replied to all our emails and calls in a timely fashion and scheduled a tasting of the menu so we could make our choice. She also worked with the vendors to make sure we had exactly what we wanted at a budget we could afford. When the fire occurred I heard from her immediately and she promised we'd find a venue if the Deauville didn't open its doors in time for our wedding. Seeing that the solution would take longer than expected, Conny showed her professionalism and tenacity, working non-stop to guarantee we had a beautiful venue and high-quality vendors for our wedding which was only four days away. She made calls and took us to see various hotels in the area, being mindful of our original requests at the Deauville. She was always a phone call away and would often reply very late at night, which showed how interested she was in helping us. We finally found a new venue but due to constrains of time and budget I wasn't able to decorate the hall myself as I had planned. On the wedding day, I left boxes with props and decorations for Conny to take care of, and left to get ready for the wedding. When my husband and I walked in the place looked absolutely gorgeous! Every vase, flower, prop, frame, and decoration was where it needed to be. Not only that, but I heard from my sister that she had to accompany Conny back home because I had left the place cards there.
    Conny did not miss a beat! If not for her, we wouldn't have had the wedding we had been dreaming of for years. We're forever grateful for Conny's professionalism, dedication, and focus on detail.

Sent on 08/09/2017

Elaine · Married on 01/21/2017

My husband and I just had our wedding here on January 21, 2017. We loved our wedding experience thanks to Conny Ragone! She is the wedding coordinator for The Deauville Beach Resort. We planned our wedding with her for an entire year and she was of excellent help every step of the way! She was also extremely pleasant and attentive to us on the actual wedding day. Everything was smooth and absolutely beautiful because of her. With 185 guests, The Richeaulliu Room was a perfect space...the guests were able to enjoy the fantastic ocean front view and dance the night away without ever feeling overcrowded. The actual hotel DID give us some problems for certain guest services and were not very pleasant to work with. Make sure to be on top of the room rates for your guests because there were many communication problems with the front desk, wedding coordinators, and guest services. Otherwise, we had an excellent experience here!

Sent on 01/24/2017

Hi Elaine,
    It was a pleasure working with you and Jorge for your very special day. Thanks for the feedback, I will share it with the hotel to correct the problems that you expirienced. I wish you all the best!

Katherine · Married on 10/24/2016

When I picked the Deauville hotel for my wedding I wasn't sure what should I expect. I was nervous and scare specially cuz I was planning a wedding from a different country. Now, that the days already passed I couldn't be more grateful to God and to all the members of the Deauville for gave the best day of my life. The place was great! A beautiful beach that you can also enjoy from the floor 16. All the days that I were there were fun, but the best day of all was my wedding day. I had my wedding at the beach, with the sound of the ocean like background, the light in the perfect moment of the day, Frank Nu;es marring us, and of course the best company ever. Then I had the toast in the tiki bar, great music, great people, awesome drinks. And the principal room was the jazz club. The place was fine. I knew I could work with that, make it my place but the true is that my expectations were pretty high and I wanted that place to be "perfect". And It ended being more than that! With all the help that I received, especially from Conny Ragone, my expectations were so little in compare with what I got. The place was magical, the wonderland I never dream I could have but I was there! In the day of my wedding, with my husband, dancing in front of my family and friends. The food was delicious, the music was great! I enjoyed every hour of my wedding without worrying about anything. My family and the family of my husband were happy but the most important thing, I felt in love. Nothing of this could be possible without Conny Ragone, that now I consider her a friend. She doesn't do only her job, she was also an important part of my wedding and my life that day. And I will be for the rest of my life eternity grateful. If you are scare about some reviews, like I was, just trust her. That's my best advice. Give it a chance and you will not going to regret. thanks for everything.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Melissa · Married on 09/10/2016

On September 10th , 2016 I got married at this hotel. I am going to start with my event catering manager, Conny Ragone, working with her was such a breeze. She was kind, thoughtful and completely dedicated to making my dream wedding become a reality. I was on a budget and Conny made it a point to help me stay as close to it as possible. I also had my rehearsal dinner at the hotel, “the Jazz Club”, this event was also orchestrated by Conny and she did a phenomenal job putting it together. Next I would like to talk about the food, the master chef has worked at this hotel for about 40 years and his reputation precedes him, he and his team did an absolutely amazing job at both events. Everyone was telling me how good the food was. The front desk staff/management/bell boys/pool side staff & everyone was so delightful and genuinely made me feel like a princess.

My wedding was exactly what I wanted and more. Thank you Deauville Hotel/Staff for making my dreams come true!

Here is a clip of my wedding video at the “Deauville Beach Resort”….

Copy and paste link to browser

Sent on 10/17/2016

Ruth · Married on 08/31/2016

I had my wedding at the Deauville Beach Resort and honestly, I was the happiest bride. Working with Conny Ragone was an absolute pleasure! I live in Toronto and had my destination wedding in Miami; Conny worked with me on phone calls at any time for planning and questions and she accommodated every request. Conny went above and beyond excellent service. She worked with me for every single detail and even had customized thank you cards for each of my guests. Again, I can't say it enough enough that the service that we received from Conny is one in a million. She is the absolute best to work with

The hotel is absolutely beautiful, overlooking the ocean, and the food was amazing. If I could give 10 stars I would. Thank you so much Conny for everything and I give my 100% recommendation to the best hotel and service!! When we visit Miami, we will definitely be staying at this beach resort again.

Thank you again Conny for letting me have the wedding of my dreams!!

Sent on 10/13/2016

Hi Ruth,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your guests! thank you so much for your kind words, I wish you all the best!

Anny · Married on 04/16/2016

I had my wedding here and I was the happiest bride there could be. We have had a such a great time with the planning and the actually ceremony and reception. Ms. Conny Ragone, and the entire event and dinning team went above and beyond to make our day be fun and magical. They took care of every detail possible. I was very pleased with their professionalism and their commitment, and could not have met the sweetest group of event workers. I can only say thank you.

Sent on 04/19/2016

Hi Anny,
    It was a pleasure working with you and your guests for your very special day. Thank you for your kind words.
    all the best for you and Richard!
  • User4701975 · 2+ years ago

I would like to commend for the wonderful service we received during our wedding day. I was very impressed by the overall performance of everything: food, decoration, staff and service.

Thanks Conny Ragone! You made my dream wedding happen!

Rest assure that any future events that my family or friends need to have in a prestigious hotel, the Deauville Beach Resort will be the first on our list.

Sent on 01/15/2015

Deauville Beach Resort's reply:

Thank you Fabiana for the feedback and for giving me the opportunity to be part of your very special day!
    Best regards,

vanessa · Married on 12/20/2014

Excellent Service, The best room with ocean view. The venue was beautiful and perfect for I was looking for. Connie made sure that everything was in place and that every detail came out perfect. The food and drinks were delicious as well. I will chose the Deauville Hotel again for my next even without a doubt. Thanks very much.

Sent on 01/19/2015

Deauville Beach Resort's reply:

Thank you Vanessa for the feedback. It was a pleasure working with you and your guests on your special day!
    Best regards,
  • Maureen

Maureen · Married on 04/19/2014

My wedding was totally amazing thanks to the Catering team at the Deauville. Conny, Clara, and the rest of the team made sure my wedding ran smoothly from start to finish. They treated my family and I as if we were their family. Their attention, love, and support was priceless. I recommend the Deauville for any special event or wedding. The food, drinks, and service were out of this world.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Sent on 05/27/2014

Deauville Beach Resort's reply:

Thank You Maureen for allowing me to be part of your special day!!

Krystle · Married on 11/02/2013

I would love to say how beautiful my wedding was at the Deauville Beach Resort was, but there are no words to describe it. We celebrated our wedding in the Richelieu Ballroom. I fell in love with the view in the ballroom; perfect view of the ocean was seen by all! The food was amazing. The servers were courteous with our guests and us. Conny, our hotel coordinator, was utterly fantastic! She would call me to make sure I was doing well with anything, would answer my every question, would bend over backwards to get us what we wanted, and was genuinely happy for my husband and me. She even helped me put on my dress when I was running late for the ceremony. Words can't describe how attentive she was. My only issue, which was minor, was the hotel parking situation. It was located across the street and I did not like that for my guests, but the venue was so beautiful I asked Conny what we could do, and she came through as always. All in all, I had the time of my life, my guest loved the location and the food, and everyone at the Deauville Beach Resort made it memorable!!! I hope you enjoy your upcoming nuptials as well!

Sent on 11/21/2013

Deauville Beach Resort's reply:

Thank you Krystle for your feedback! it was a pleasure working with you for your special day!
    Best regards

Maybel · Married on 11/12/2016

We had our wedding at the Deauville on November and everything was fantastic. Conny Ragone  was great with helping us make our selections and very helpful throughout the whole process. Conny was able to accommodate our requests and made sure everything on our special day was taken cared off. The food and service during the reception was phenomenal, everything was well coordinated. I can honestly say Conny and her team made our wedding experience very easy to enjoy! They’re the best! I highly recommend having a wedding/event at the Deauville with Coony coordinating it.

Sent on 12/10/2016

Shikema · Married on 05/07/2017

My wife and I chose this hotel to host our wedding and house our guests and wedding party. We worked with Conny Ragone the Special Events/Catering Mgr. Conny made this process extremely easy for my wife and I, being that we did not have a wedding planner. Conny's contacts were very helpful and useful with the small and big details i.e. bouquets, flower pins, up lights,beach ceremony vendors, beach permit contacts..the whole nine. We didn't have many issues except for the air conditioning in the ball room where our reception was held. My guests complained about being cold, which can be very uncomfortable when one is trying to enjoy themselves. Other than that we were extremely happy with the way our wedding turned out.

Sent on 05/17/2017

Hi Shikema,
    It was my pleasure helping you with all the details for your very special day! thank you for giving me the opportunity to host your destination wedding! I wish both of you the best!!
    kind regards,

Arlene · Married on 03/01/2008

Overall very happy with the level of service provided by this vendor. The location is beautiful and I would recommend it to others for their wedding day.

Sent on 03/25/2008

Herlinda · Married on 05/19/2007

We loved our reception site, especially because of the beautiful view of the ocean. The staff at the Deauville were very nice and accommodating. Their prices were great, considering it is an ocean front property! Definitely the best prices on the beach. My only complaint is the valet parking, it was pretty bad because they were full so many of my guests had to find parking elsewhere...on the beach that is not an easy task. Other than that we vere very happy with the reception...it turned out beautiful!!!

Sent on 02/07/2008

Marice · Married on 06/24/2017

The Deauville was the second venue we looked at, and we immediately fell in love with the chandelier and the windows overlooking the ocean. We booked it immediately! My husband and I live in Tampa, so planning a wedding in Miami was a bit stressful at first. However, Connie (the special events/catering manager) made the planning process quite stress-free. She responded promptly to the countless emails I sent her throughout the year leading up to our wedding. She was always available to meet us at the Deauville whenever my husband and I were in Miami, and she even gave us tips and advice for our wedding reception. On the day of my wedding, she effortlessly managed all our vendors and guests, and everything was perfect. Connie was an absolute joy to work with!

Sent on 07/09/2017

3.5

Conny Ragone- Thanks so much for all your help with the wedding. Everything was timely and great! All details were covered and we appreciate how you just got us through everything that came our way including last minute bumps in the road! Everything was beautiful!

Thanks for all the accommodations and assisting our out of town family. We appreciate the attention to detail with their rooms!

Rooms were perfect,including our suite!

Hope to see you again soon!

Erica and Gus Rivera

Sent on 03/18/2016

Hi Erica,
    It was my pleasure working with you on your special day!!! all the best to you and Gus!

3.6
      3.0

The location is on the water and beautiful, it needs to complete remodeling. The A/C wasn't working, the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Food was good, the view was amazing.

An hour before wedding the coordinator told us would charge us for more guest wanted to give her names of the guest that had cancelled. Tacky and stressful.
    The banquet manager and everyone else were great.
    No valet - parking was difficult to find $30 was local parking rooms great views but need some remodeling.

Sent on 07/18/2014
  • User6202551 · 2+ years ago

2.6
      2.0
      2.0
      3.5

We had our wedding in the ballroom overlooking the ocean. The catering manager was very helpful. The hotel advertises as a luxury resort but the reviews stated the contrary. The day of the wedding we had to avoid an elevator because people were getting stuck in it and it had not be closed to guests. There was a broken ice machine on our floor. The linens provided by the hotel were absolutely disgusting, they were "white" but were stained all over. We had to pay extra cost to rent linen hours before the ceremony began. The price was lower than most hotels on the beach per plate. The wedding were very well, but the hotel stay did not. The guests were given a "group rate" that was higher than regular booking online. The ceremony was on the beach and the hotel does not help you coordinate that. You must file for the permit and pay for the insurance along with rent the appropriate chairs, runner, arch etc. The food was good but we were not able to have a tasting as "we" failed to contact the hotel with enough time to have the tasting. This place is good for those on a budget and want a beachfront wedding.

Sent on 01/13/2016