DeArruda Weddings Reviews

DeArruda Weddings 6
DeArruda Weddings 7
  • Michelle

Michelle · Getting married on 11/01/2020

Michael was such a pleasure to work with. He was very supportive and provided great guidance throughout our wedding planning process. He takes the time to have you complete a relationship assessment and meet personally to discuss the results and provides advice accordingly. He also assisted us with the challenging task of writing statements to one another for our ceremony. He truly cares about the decision you are making and it shows through his work! Our ceremony was absolutely perfect and we couldn't have asked for anything better! Michael is very very professional, friendly, and passionate about what he does! Thank you again Michael we highly recommend you!

Sent on 10/25/2016

Brandy Luallen · Getting married on 10/18/2019

Can't Wait for the Big Day

I spent forever trying to find an officiant that provided quality service. Based on previous recommendations, we decided to go with Michael. He was willing to do video chat for the consultation given how far we are from, and gave us a breakdown of each package he offered. All around a great guy! Can't wait for the big day!

Sent on 04/21/2019

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Hi Brandy. I am looking forward to the start of your coaching sessions. And together we will create your one of a kind wedding ceremony. Take a deep breath cuz' wedding planning can become overwhelming. I hope you don't let that happen. Be in touch soon.
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/07/2019

Perfection

If you want the best, then you go with him! He is so punctual and classy.

Sent on 06/10/2019

Sarah · Married on 05/11/2019

Best decision ever!

WOW! We couldn't have been happier with our decision in choosing DeArruda Weddings to be such a BIG part of our BIG day! Micheal was so kind & truly has a passion for what he does & you can tell this by the second you speak with him! Our family & friends kept complimenting our ceremony saying how personalized & romantic it was! We couldn't have agreed more, it was everything we were hoping for & more! He made sure our wedding party was doing exactly what they were suppose to be doing at all times! haha! You will not regret going with this vendor for your wedding day!

Sent on 05/26/2019
  • Lisa

Lisa Folkenson · Married on 04/12/2019

Michael is so wonderful!

Michael was amazing from start to finish. He was extremely thorough while creating the perfect ceremony for us. He is so warm and welcoming he felt like family. At rehearsal he was even helpful getting everyone to the right place at the ceremony location. The day of the wedding he was such a comfort to me! He assured me everything would go smoothly, which it did. He is also very funny! He made us laugh and be at ease. I can’t say enough about how happy I am with his services. Thank you!

Sent on 05/08/2019
    DeArruda Weddings 8

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Hi Lisa and Jason, now Mr. & Mrs! What a beautiful day on the beach with your family and friends all celebrating your union. The joy flowing between the two of you was just amazing, such a blessing to see. May that continue through every season of your life together. Remember that there is nothing more important than your marriage and family. Everything else should be measured in terms of how it builds you up to fulfill your purpose on this earth. God bless you. Warmly,

Jonathan · Married on 03/09/2019

Great guy!

We couldn’t be happier with our decision to work with Michael. From our first contact through to our ceremony, his professionalism and kindness made the process much more enjoyable and comfortable than it likely would have been otherwise. Not only did we appreciate his attention to detail leading up to the big day, but his composed manner on the day of was truly calming.

We would also highly recommend the couples coaching sessions. Though these were low-key and fun, they absolutely strengthened our relationship and helped us discover some great new things about each other. Michael’s experience really showed as we never felt pressured, but he made it really easy for us to open up. He really is a great person.

Sent on 03/19/2019

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Thanks Jonathan and congrats on marrying Soo. The two of you were meant for each other. Strong, kind, gentle, and so respectful in your love and care. Everytime I have the honor of working with a couple I am invited into the sacred space of your relationship. You two are the picture of tenderness and appreciation that marriage is all about. I wish you deep, rich, abiding love that gives you reason to celebrate being alive. Warmly,

Mary · Married on 02/23/2019

Unforgettable!!!

My fiancé and I have enjoyed every minute working with Michael! Our wedding in February will be the third in my family that he will officiate. Upon signing the contract to book him, he offered my fiancé and I the option for pre-marital coaching. My family members who worked with Michael didn’t opt for these sessions, but we figured it could be fun and gave it a try. We started the sessions a strong couple, but we finished them even stronger and felt more connected than ever before. Michael helped us remove outside distractions and really be vulnerable with each other. We enjoyed the experience so much that we requested to have quarterly check-in sessions with him after we say our vows. We feel so lucky to have Michael stand with us and marry us on our big day!

Sent on 10/20/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

We've only just begun this journey together. Your relationship coaching sessions are over and the ceremony planning gets underway in earnest now. Knowing the character of your relationship will make my job so much more effective. I am honored to be asked to serve you, and your families as your minister, coach and officiant. I look forward to a wonderful celebration and the continuation of the journey in your quarterly check-ins. I think you had a brilliant idea. Here's to a beautiful wedding and marriage. Warmly,
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 02/23/2019

Everything I could ask for and more!

My husband and I were ever so grateful for an amazing experience with DeArruda weddings! We worked with John Fullerton to officiate our wedding. Let me tell you we were skeptical about spending the money at first but we wanted it to be just right so we booked. John never disappointed us once. We were able to complete all our pre marriage counseling over the iPad and he worked with our crazy busy schedule. We lived 3hrs away so in person meetings wasn't an option for us. We grew with these amazing courses and they provided us with valuable take aways for the future.
    Then there was the ceremony...he performed the most beautiful and endearing ceremony. Just the right wording and all within the time frame we asked for. I cannot say enough good things about the experience we had. HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 03/25/2019
    DeArruda Weddings 9
    DeArruda Weddings 10
    DeArruda Weddings 11
    DeArruda Weddings 12

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Hi, Carly! I love the photos of the wedding you posted. It brought me back to that beautiful, perfect day with the two of you and your families and friends. I smiled when I thought back to your entrance into the ceremony. As I said then, it was epic! I was so honored to be a part of the ceremony and your lives. Thank you for your words describing your experience of the work we did ahead of time. I am so glad it was useful and pray that the work done then grows and expands into lifelong joy and delight in each other. God has blessed you both richly. May God continually do so! Let's stay in touch Say hi to Chris from me.! Warmly, John.

Amanda Carballo · Married on 12/22/2018

Exceeded Our Expectations!

Rev. Michael performed the most beautiful ceremony for my husband and I! He was incredibly professional and very flexible in terms of meeting with us to plan our ceremony, as well as with rehearsal times, and was willing to travel to our area to do so. He not only made us feel confident that everything relating to the ceremony was taken care of, but he also coordinated with our other vendors to ensure everyone worked together seamlessly, which took all of the pressure off of us. He worked together with us to craft a ceremony that fit both of our personalities and beliefs. He also truly took the time to get to know us and our story, and has such a warm and kind demeanor, it was like he'd known us for years. He was extremely responsive and was such a pleasure to work with! We are so grateful to have had Rev. Michael with us on our special day, and I would recommend him to anyone! He is a beautiful speaker and a truly lovely man!

Sent on 05/03/2019

Vanessa · Married on 12/01/2018

Best officiant ever!

My husband and I adore Michael! We found him online after deciding on a destination wedding on Anna Maria Island. I inquired for more info on his website and he contacted me by phone and we set up a video conference!
    As soon as we starting chatting with Michael, my husband and I knew we had to have him officiate our wedding. He has a warm and inviting presence and a great sense of humor!
    We purchased the package that included pre-marital coaching and the officiating of our wedding (with rehearsal included). I thought the package was super reasonably priced compared to other officiants. We LOVED the pre-martial coaching. He really took the time to get to know both of us and our story. We video chatted with him 4 times and did one session at his home office while we were in town! It wasn’t like a counseling session (which we did not want). It was more like getting to know each other, our strengths/weaknesses, and our families!
    During the 8 months leading up to the wedding, we spoke with him via email almost every week. We were able to totally customize our wedding ceremony- it could be as religious as we wanted or not and we were able to literally write out exactly what we wanted him to say! He helped with the timeline of the wedding and with writing our vows also!
    When the wedding weekend came everything ran super smooth! He coordinated our entire rehearsal, showed up early, and was there to walk everyone through the day of the wedding. He even coordinated with our violinist and DJ to ensure that the sound quality from him mic was perfect (we were on the beach and it was windy). When our wedding day came he was a very calming presence for us and our families. He was early, dressed appropriate, and officiated the ceremony perfectly!! Not to mention his voice is PERFECT for officiating! Afterwards he signed the marriage certificate and submitted all the paperwork for us!!
    He was truly one of the best parts of our wedding day and I don’t think the day would have ran as smoothly if we didn’t have him. All of our guests loved him and his message during our ceremony!! Would definitely recommend.

Sent on 04/25/2019
  • Jason

Jason Rudolph · Married on 11/25/2018

Fantastic Service

Michael DeArudda made our beach wedding go pretty much perfect. His insightful comments as well as his delivery of the nuptials was spot on. He made my wife and I very comfortable through out the whole process and I couldn’t think of anyone else that I would have perform such a meaningful ceremony!

Sent on 12/03/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

So happy for the two of you, Mr. & Mrs. R. The gift of love and the promise of life together founded on the vows of marriage could not be more cherished by a couple than I saw with you. Thank you for the honor and joy of creating and presiding over your ceremony. You have been blessed with a profound appreciation for the gift you are to each other. May you prosper in every conceivable way. Warmly, Michael

Martha · Married on 11/10/2018

Wonderful Ceremony

Michael did a great job, very personable. We enjoyed getting to know him leading up to the wedding via our coaching sessions. Package was a great value price wise. His officiating was very good and added in some personal touches that he learned about us through the coaching session. If you want absolute control over what is said, make sure to discuss it before hand!

Sent on 01/20/2019

Barbara · Married on 11/03/2018

The perfect fit

Michael certainly is meant to be an officiant. He is a very kind looking man who has great patience and makes things fun during such an exciting anxious time. He is incredibly through in his work and is very quick to respond to any questions. His prices are slightly high but after meeting him and seeing how he does things, we were glad to have paid for his services. Couldn't recommend him enough and i'm happy he was part of our big day!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Klara K. · Married on 10/07/2018

Best experience!

We are so happy that we chose Rev. Michael as our officiant as he was such a pleasure to work with. He made the whole process of planning very easy and helped us create our beautiful ceremony just like we’ve always wanted.
    Rev. Michael makes everyone feel involved, from the bride and groom to every single guest and that was very special.
    We highly recommend him!

Sent on 10/21/2018
    DeArruda Weddings 13

Katie · Married on 10/06/2018

Amazing experience! Highly Recommend!

We were sooo happy and lucky we found DeArruda Weddings! Michael is amazing and he really took the time to get to know us. He is incredibly organized and on top of things all the way through your wedding. We cannot recommend him enough. We had guest come up to us saying he was the best officiant they've ever heard, we agree!!

Sent on 10/29/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Congrats on becoming husband and wife! Your commitment to cherish each other and the relationship you are building was evident the first time we spoke. Then, in the coaching sessions, I came to appreciate the tender connection you share with and for each other. Knowing this made it a breeze to create and conduct your ceremony on the sunny shores of the Gulf. Can't wait to connect again soon. Many blessings in all the days and years ahead. Thank you.
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/26/2018

Beautifully Arranged Ceremony

I'm embarrassed to admit that the ceremony itself was not among my priorities when my husband and I started planning our September wedding. We sought out DeArruda Weddings only weeks before our big day and had the wonderful fortune of working with Michael. He asked exactly the right questions to get to know us and, ultimately, help us decide how we wanted to structure our ceremony to make it our own. He helped us write personal statements that we will cherish forever and, in the end, he officiated a ceremony that was by far the most magical part of the evening. So many of our guests assumed we'd known Michael for years the way he so accurately described our relationship. He's a true professional and a true master of ceremonies. Highly recommend DeArruda Weddings!

Sent on 10/29/2018
    DeArruda Weddings 14

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Wow, such kind words! I am deeply appreciative for your time and effort to express your thoughts about the wedding ceremony we created together. It is my joy to do this work with couples. It is such an encouragement to know that what I did had such a profound effect on you, and your family and guests. If no one else ever read your words, they mean the world to me. But, as it turns out, many other couples searching for what you found will read them. Thank you for your honest feedback. Now, go live this life that you have begun together and live it with gratitude and great joy.
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 07/07/2018

DeArruda Weddings was one of the officiants listed on Opal Sands preferred vendors lists! I visited the websites listed and Michaels really stood out to me so I set up an appointment! I am SOOO happy he was on the list because we instantly connected with him! Michael is so easy going and personable. He took the time to get to know us and he used what he learned to draft a ceremony that fit us perfectly! He spoke so clearly and had our guests all laughing! Since our wedding my family and friends haven't stopped talking about how great the ceremony was and how wonderful Michael did! I definitely recommend using Michael as your officiant - you will not be disappointed!!!

Sent on 07/26/2018
    DeArruda Weddings 15
    DeArruda Weddings 16
    DeArruda Weddings 17

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Congrats, Laura and Ryan! Your celebration was warm, sincere, fun and relaxed from start to finish. I love doing weddings by the water. Something about the salt sea air, the sound of the surf, and people playing nearby underscores the sense that life is good, it is rich and to be enjoyed. You two are shining examples of this. Your joy is charming. May you be sustained in your marriage by the One who gave us all these wonderful gifts. Thanks for asking me to be part of your special moment. Warmly, Michael

Jenn · Married on 06/09/2018

Enjoyed a beautiful wedding preparation and ceremony experience with Michael DeArruda! He took the time to get to know us as individuals, a couple, and our blended family dynamics. We thoroughly enjoyed the wedding prep course and the ceremony was beyond our expectations even though we had the opportunity to customize the readings and music. Our family and friends commented it was the best ceremony attended because of Michael and his beautiful and inspiration words.

Sent on 07/25/2018

Dear Jenn and Frank,
    It was a joy to be part of the formal creation of your new family. Congrats on finding and loving each other. Thank you for inviting me into one of the most important events of your lives. I will always remember your joy, and that of your children. Now go live and revel in this gift of life and love. Warmly, Michael

Elizaveta · Married on 04/07/2018

To say that Michael was the highlight of the wedding is like saying nothing at all. We were so thorough about our search for only the most important person at the wedding outside of bride and groom, that we went through many articles, searches and phone calls and almost got to the wrong answer a few times. However, something prevented me from making the commitment every time until we found Michael. It was clear from the first Skype call that there is no other option for us - he is thoughtful, well-spoken, extremely genuine and so many other things that made him the star of the show during our ceremony (that is of course, until the bride showed up :)). In all seriousness, if I could post a video of my entire ceremony to spread the word about Michael's gift to engage people and make your already special day simply unforgettable, I would. But then I'd be worried he would be overbooked. If you found this review, and Michael has your date available, don't waste time and book him pronto, that is my bridezilla advice to you all! :)

Sent on 05/29/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Dear Elizaveta and Stefan, you put a big smile on my face as I read your message. Not only because of your kind words, but more, because of your energetic and playful spirit. I love the energy you two have as a couple. The wild winds that blew on your wedding day were fitting for the character of your personalities. May you enjoy the dance of the winds of love throughout all your years as husband and wife. Keep in touch. Warmly, Michael

Amy · Married on 04/01/2018

Reverend DeArruda did such an amazing job with our wedding! We got married 11/4/17 in Naples, Florida and had a change in venue one month before due to hurricane Irma, and Rev. DeArruda was flexible throughout the transition, which helped a lot! Finding the right officiant was very important to us. My husband and I are from different religious background (Jewish and Catholic), and we wanted to make sure both sides were included in the ceremony. Rev. DeArruda was very responsive through the entire process, and chatted with us via Skype calls and emails to help us plan everything. The rehearsal was also very organized, and our bridal party and guests had nothing but great things to say as well. We highly recommend!

Sent on 12/09/2017

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Congratulations, Mr. and Mrs. Woltz. Tomorrow is your 1 month anniversary! Despite the challenges of weather, your love prevailed. It was my great honor to receive your request to create your special ceremony and conduct it. I'm sure that your commitment to one another would have been as touching no matter where it took place. Your joy in one another and deep appreciation for each other is evident. So, now, with that foundation, go build the life you've always longed for. Warmly, Michael

Toniann · Married on 03/24/2018

My now husband and I found Michael DeArruda on The Knot and were impressed by his reviews. We had an initial meeting with him and right when we left I told my fiance at the time that there was something I really liked about him! He made us feel very comfortable and you could tell that he loves what he does. We did pre-marital counseling which was a great experience to learn even more about each other. Michael would always respond to my emails promptly, which was very appreciated. Not only was Michael there for us every step of the way through this journey, he was there for us personally. Unfortunately, a month before our wedding my father passed away and Michael attended his funeral. That really meant a lot to us and made us feel like he truly cared. We had our rehearsal two days before the wedding and he explained everything very precisely. Our family loved that he cracked some jokes during the process, but was still so professional which made it a fun experience. The wedding day came and he did a WONDERFUL job, it went so smoothly and was just perfect. I would absolutely recommend DeArruda weddings to family and friends. Thank you, Michael!

Sent on 05/30/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Dear Toniann and Bryan, thank you for the kind words. To say that you have been on quite a journey is an understatement. But rather than the loss of your father overshadowing your marriage I witnessed how powerful your love is and how you treasure the gift of family. I know you missed him on your wedding day, but his presence was there in everything that happened. May the two of your always treasure and celebrate the gift of each other as you expand your family, showing your little ones what your father and mother showed you. Many, many blessings. Michael

Jennifer · Married on 02/25/2018

I don’t think there are enough kind words to say about Rev. Michael and all that he did for our wedding to make it truly exceptional!! Rev. Michael took time to get to know the real us and incorporated that into the ceremony. He listened and was attentive and gave some great advice! Finding an officiant online is hard and sometimes you don’t always know what you are going to expect, but with Rev. Michael, we had complete confidence in this choice and his website prepared us with questions and expectations which helped making the choice of officiant a lot easier. If we had the choice to do it all over again, we would still go with Rev. Michael.

Sent on 04/13/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Dear J & J, the blue sky, your blue blazer, your flowing hair, and the multi colored kites that bounced in the Gulf breeze on your wedding day seemed to be summoned to celebrate your marriage. I'm not sure who won the contest for most tears because there were so many from you, your family and friends. Tears of joy for the great gift of your married love. Treasure each other with the simple warmth you possess every day. Warmly, Michael

Kristin · Married on 02/17/2018

Michael made our day extra special! He will not let you down! He truly cares :-)

Sent on 04/14/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Hi Kristin and Tyler. Your picture perfect ceremony was a joy for me to conduct - compete with the singing osprey overhead! The two of you were wonderful to work with. Thank you for the honor of joining you as husband and wife. Now, live the blessings that are yours. Michael

Debbie and Rick Starkey · Married on 02/09/2018

Exceptional from planning through the big event.

Michael was the perfect fit for our wedding, and he knows how to provide a personal touch to the event. He won us over with his personable demeanor and his shared desire to make the event special for us and our guests.

Sent on 04/26/2019

Kendall · Married on 01/20/2018

I'm so happy we had the opportunity to meet and share our wedding day with Reverend DeArruda! My husband and I interviewed with him about 6 months before our wedding and instantly felt he was the perfect match for us. We did our counseling with Reverend DeArruda which consisted of 4 sessions. We were able to take a test to see what areas my husband and I were strong in and others we may have needed to work on. He also gave us some exercises to complete before each session which were fun and exciting to see that we often wrote down the same things! We felt so comfortable during these sessions and loved all the advice we received.

Reverend DeArruda did such an amazing job with our rehearsal and had everyone laughing and excited about the big day! Our ceremony was beautiful and couldn't have been more perfect. He has so many options for the layout of the ceremony and will work with you to make your day the best day ever. So many of our guests said it was the best ceremony they've ever seen!

I highly recommend Reverend Michael DeArruda and also recommend doing the counseling sessions!

Sent on 01/29/2018

DeArruda Weddings's reply:

Dear Kendall and Ryan, congratulations on coming up on six months of marriage! Even though the weather threatened, the two of you were completely caught up in the great purpose of the day - becoming husband and wife. Thanks for your evaluation of the usefulness of the relationship coaching sessions. Of course they are no magic pill - but they did stimulate conversation about things that couples sometimes don't think about in the flurry of activity surrounding the wedding day. By the time yours came your expressions told me you were ready for all that lies ahead. Congratulations. May you enjoy every blessing of your life together. Warmly, Michael