Dear Bayard Reviews

23 | Brooklyn, NY

23 Reviews for Dear Bayard

Alice · Married on 09/19/2020

Beyond wonderful!

We chose Dear Bayard as our wedding florist because Ahna is creative and communicative, and her portfolio speaks for itself. We had to put our April 2020 wedding on pause due to the pandemic, and Ahna was more than willing to work with us to postpone. Notably, she was calm and reassuring when talking me through the emotional rollercoaster of pivoting from spring flowers to winter flowers (which we didn't ultimately end up doing).

Ahna was extremely flexible when we ultimately pivoted to a small, socially distanced outdoor wedding in the fall. We love how our flowers turned out, and we are so grateful to Ahna and her team for their kindness, positivity, and beautiful work. We truly can't recommend Dear Bayard enough!

Sent on 12/06/2020
  • Ellen

Ellen Gray · Married on 07/03/2020

Absolute Magic!

Ahna and her team did a truly breathtaking job for my wedding. I gasped when I walked into the reception hall - the flowers, candle and all the decor were so much more beautiful than I could have imagined. I wanted something organic, natural and romantic and Dear Bayard totally nailed it. From the tables, to the cocktail hour flowers, to the bouquets, corsages and flower girl crowns. I could not be happier with how everything turned it. And most importantly, Ahna was a DREAM to work with. Extremely kind, responsiveness, and so willing to collaborate. Would recommend her to anyone!

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Rylee

Rylee · Married on 03/14/2020

Do not even consider anyone else

I can’t even begin to describe how utterly mind blown I was by Ahna and her team. I gave her full creative control to turn my venue into a dream and she did not disappoint. Her take is unique but timeless, vintage but full of light, strong and fragile and beautiful. I would have done a serious disservice to my wedding if I had chosen anyone else.
    Other than her immense talent is her immense heart and extreme thoughtfulness. It’s always wonderful to work with someone who then becomes your friend. To know her is to absolutely adore her and her work.
    Book her immediately. Your wedding and your heart will thank you.

Sent on 03/18/2020

Sarah · Married on 03/07/2020

Excellent Wedding Florist!

I’ m so thankful that I was referred to Anha at Dear Bayard by my wedding coordinator. From the start Anha was easy to talk with and we came together on a vision quickly. Having not seen anything in person, I was thrilled when my bouquets arrived at my hotel on the day of the wedding. They were even better than I imagined. Anha also helped us bring our vision of greenery covered backdrop to life. Everything was simple, elegant and beautiful!

Sent on 03/16/2020
  • Maria

Maria Benazzi · Married on 11/02/2019

Best part of planning my wedding

Working with Ahna for my New York City wedding was amazing. I happened to be planning not one but TWO ceremonies, and Ahna was responsible for our New York location. To say she helped me with just flowers would be an understatement. When I reached out to her, she asked me about the vision I had in mind and helped me narrow down what I wanted in a matter of a couple phone calls. She was the easiest person to work with. At the time, I was so stressed out and having someone help me articulate my vision was just what I needed. Given she has a keen eye and a high caliber taste level, I ended up asking for her advice on other visual aspects of the event as well. She was always responsive, extremely professional, sweet, and even very open and flexible when discussing budget (again, two wedding ceremonies). I would recommend her to anyone wanting a streamlined yet individual-to-you process.
    The other vendors I used (photographer, hotel, and even venue captains) raved about her work as well which was awesome. She ended up asking our venue about things they hadn’t thought of! She knows what she’s doing, and I can’t speak highly enough of her or her work product.

Sent on 03/03/2020

Jamie Hill · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing creativity!

Ahna at Dear Bayard is absolutely the best! Exceptionally talented -- creative, thoughtful, fun, and so very kind! Ahna was an absolute dream to work with -- communicative and so very professional.

But beyond that, her floral creations are truly unlike anything I've ever seen before. We knew we wanted something fun and a little different than what we'd seen at so many other weddings. And WOW, did Dear Bayard DELIVER beyond our expectations! All of the arrangements were full of gorgeous color and texture and truly had a perfect balance. Our venue was very modern with crisp white interior, and Ahna's arrangements played up this element and added a very necessary pop of color. If you want someone who is willing to take risks, try something new, and take your vision to the next level, pick Dear Bayard!! I don't plan on getting married again but I hope to find many ways to work with Ahna in the future!!! Thanks for making our special day extra fun and beautiful!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Emily German · Married on 10/11/2019

Amazing florist

Ahna is nothing short of incredible. I am so happy I took a chance on her, it was the best decision my husband and I made throughout the wedding process. From beginning, middle, to end Ahna was so thorough and paid close attention to detail. After our consultation phone call, she created an epic vision board in which all my dreams came to life. I cannot recommend her enough. Did I mention she was also so easy to work with?? So put together and organized, she has everything under control. If she is available for your wedding, you NEED to book her!!

Sent on 10/21/2019
  • Diana

Diana · Married on 10/05/2019

Just what I wanted!

Working with Ahna was a dream. I was the bride that had no vision for flowers, which I’m sure made it extremely difficult for Ahna. She mocked up NUMEROUS designs, which were all gorgeous. Ahna’s professionalism really shined when I told her I wanted a new large flower sculpture three weeks before my wedding. She made it happen with no time (she had 2 hours to set up) and no pushback. She also had three weddings that weekend. When I walked in for my ceremony, I teared up because the flowers and decor were stunning. Highly recommend!!!

Sent on 10/09/2019

Malina P · Married on 10/04/2019

One of the best I've worked with!

Dear Bayard provided the beautiful flowers for our small wedding. Ahna has an incredibly chic floral style. Just check out their Instagram. It's lovely. I have managed over a hundred weddings and events myself in NYC and LA so I can vouch that not only is Ahna a talented floral designer but also a true professional. Throughout the whole process, she was very responsive, warm and accommodating to my requests and budget. On our wedding day, the flowers were perfect and arrived at the stated times cementing a stress-free experience for a very stressful life event. You will want Dear Bayard on your wedding day. They'll be at my future events!

Sent on 10/14/2019

Rizzi · Married on 06/29/2019

Wedding Flowers

Ahna captured our vision perfectly. From the moment we spoke on the phone, I knew she would be the perfect fit for our special day. She understood exactly what we were looking for from the get! Ahna made the process easy and fun. Whenever I had a question, she always responded - she really had my back! Not only did she exceed our expectations as a florist, but she is also very kind and sweet (and has the cutest dog!). I highly recommend working with Ahna!

Sent on 08/17/2019

Nicole L · Married on 06/21/2019

The only florist you need to speak to!

I came to Dear Bayard via a friend referral. After checking out their instagram account and speaking with Ahna on the phone for the first time, I already knew she is the perfect florist vendor for my big day! Passionate, flexible, extremely professional, artistic yet practical, a trusted advisor, and just all around amazing are words I'd use to describe Ahna. Besides she's just a lovely person to be friends with!

Consistently throughout my planning process, Ahna went above and beyond working with me to understand/create a vision, recommend flowers/arrangements/installations while respecting my budget, and execute my vision/style on my big day flawlessly. Some things that Ahna did which I really appreciated: creating a detailed budget tracker to give me options on where I can save money, extremely responsive and provides near real-time suggestions on ideas I had or just things I mentioned on calls as what I would like to see, advised where I could save money but still create the look and feel I was going for, and built a chuppa for our wedding. On our big day, everyone complimented on our flowers and bouquets as the most beautiful and unique they've seen (as we expected!). I wholeheartedly recommend Ahna and Dear Bayard as the only florist you need to work if you want to bring your vision to life on the most important day!

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • Margaret

Margaret Chen · Married on 06/15/2019

Beautiful Wedding of My Dreams

Thanks to Dear Bayard I was able to have a beautiful wedding!! Ahna helped me solidify a vision for what I wanted, which was SO helpful since I had a hard time articulating what it was specifically that I wanted (and as the bride, that's not very helpful, but she was so patient with me and walked me through every step of the way). Ahna is professional and kind, patient and has a beautiful vision. The maitre d at my venue even told me she had never seen flowers/arrangements like that in her career. I am beyond happy with the results, and would definitely choose her again for any other event!

Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Carly

Carly · Married on 05/17/2019

Such a pleasure to work with!

I would highly recommend Dear Bayard to anyone looking for an amazing florist for their wedding or event. Ahna was great to work with, very flexible and accommodating, especially considering I had a tight budget. She took my whimsical and delicate peachy / ivory tones vision and turned it into exactly what I had imagined. So happy with my choice to have Dear Bayard do our May 2019 wedding flowers!

Sent on 06/24/2019

Cassidy F · Married on 05/10/2019

Incredible, flexible, flawless partnership

Ahna was an absolute joy to work with. We were rather difficult with our requests and very strict with our budget, and she was able to work beautifully and flawlessly within both. We were so happy with the outcome and if we had to do it all over again would happily book her again. You should absolutely make sure Ahna is part of your big day!

Sent on 10/17/2019

Liza · Married on 05/04/2019

Perfection

Ahna was incredible! She made our budget look great and filled our every need from a floral dog collar to a handheld chuppah. I teared up when she personally delivered my bouquet and nosegays to my suite and everyone commented on the beautiful arrangements. She was wildly responsive and answered my many, many questions cheerfully. Now that the big day is done, we plan to take our pups on a date. She's fantastic! Hire her.

Sent on 05/23/2019
  • Janemmcc

Janemmcc · Married on 03/19/2019

Flowers for destination wedding

We travelled to New York in March 2019 for our wedding. It was a pop up style and the budget had to be allocated to certain areas. At first I was unsure about flowers as in the UK the style always looks the same. However, I am so glad we did and that Dear Bayard provided them. I was over the moon with the style, the look we received was so classy especially given the reasonable amount we had paid for them. When I entered the venue I noticed the flowers straight away and loved my bouquets, the really added an extra touch to my photos. I find myself admiring the flowers in the photos and wondering where I could find them in the UK but I never see anything that comes close. Would highly recommend.

Sent on 09/25/2019
  • Sharfi

Sharfi Farhana · Married on 12/24/2018

Incredible artist!

Dear Bayard was just wonderful to work with and I recommend this business wholeheartedly. Ahna brought what lived only in our dreams to reality with the most unique and gorgeous floral arrangements. She listened carefully, was transparent about the process and delivered above and beyond expectations. Ahna created center pieces for the 12 dinner tables and 2 large statement floral arrangements for the stage. She brought us a level of sophistication that we didn't think we could afford. Her high integrity, vision and responsiveness made this a great experience and we are looking forward to booking them again for the remainder of our events.

Sent on 12/10/2018

Shamsi A · Married on 11/22/2018

I loved it all!

The flowers designed were absolutely gorgeous and perfect for my wedding day. I could not have asked for better service and product. Everyone at the ceremony was raving about how beautiful everything looked!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Benjamin Patterson · Married on 11/22/2018

Excellent Service and Beautiful Arrangements

Provided excellent service and a beautiful arrangements. Truly helped to make our day special and memorable.

Sent on 12/13/2018

Vanessa Briggs · Married on 11/11/2018

Great experience!

Dear Bayard was professional and flexible throughout our whole wedding planning process and was very helpful when I was a little unsure of what I wanted. I absolutely loved my bouquets! I so appreciated Ahna's creative spirit and her work was exceptional!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Laura Zych · Married on 10/05/2018

The Best Floral Experience

I discovered Ahna at Dear Bayard through a recommendation. She was the absolute perfect floral designer for our wedding. I am a designer in another industry, very detail-oriented and particular so I wanted someone who really understood our wedding and floral vision. Ahna's creations were spot-on- beyond gorgeous and perfectly executed. I should also mention for the quality, Dear Bayard was also very competitve in pricing. I wanted my bridal bouquet in every photo we took since the colors were so stunning. Definitely hire Ahna if you have the opportunity- she is an absolute delight!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Jaime · Married on 09/08/2018

I am SO happy I found Ahna on Weddingwire and couldn't be happier with the floral arrangements for my wedding. She was professional, artistic and understood my vision right away. I told her I love dusty pink roses and she created a design deck for me with dusty pink roses along with other complimentary tones, which I loved. The personal bouquets were beyond gorgeous, loved the ceremony altar pedestals and reception flowers were perfect. I seriously could have not asked for more!

Sent on 09/11/2018

Kara · Married on 09/08/2018

Ahna did a beautiful job. Our flowers were gorgeous and were set-up perfectly. Ahna was so responsive via email and flexible with timing and scheduling. Would highly recommend!

Sent on 09/12/2018