64 Reviews for Studio DBI

Flower Petals (2)
Non-Floral (2)
Aisle Decor (1)
Chuppah Decor (1)

There are your average wedding planners and then there is Studio DBI — the full-service, wedding ORCHESTRATORS that does nothing less than make your dream wedding come true. We cannot say enough amazing things about Liza and her team.

Liza came into our lives at the perfect time. We were barely into the planning when we spoke to her on the phone about our Tuscan-style wedding, and everything just clicked. She even surprised us with a home olive tree when we first met at our home — and at that point, we knew she was going to be the perfect person to plan and execute our vision.

My partner and I have type-A personalities who have bouts trying to relinquish control to each other, so it was refreshing to hand the reins over to someone who earned our trust immediately. When you meet Liza, the first thing you think of is “wow, this lady got style!” We quickly learned that not only did she has a great sense of style, but she was polished, organized, creative, and didn’t skip a beat on anything — we are not over-exaggerating about that at all. She literally had everything covered.

Fast forward to the wedding. The day was action packed and at times stressful, but every time we saw Liza, we felt better. What really impressed us that day was how calm and collected she was, and that feeling transcended to us and the rest of the wedding party. She made sure we had time to pull away from the wedding, take a step back, and enjoy the moment. Looking back at that exact point in time still makes us emotional. We looked at every single detail — from the florals, to the stationary, to the tables and chairs, to the food, and the overall vibe — and it was all Liza and her team who made it happen.

If you’re looking for the BEST wedding planner out there, you are reading her review right now. Liza is the consummate professional and a class act. She has such a wonderful heart and an infectious spirit, and we are so proud that she was a part of our special day.

Profile Picture Mark, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough about Liza and Studio DBI. Seriously - she is the BEST. I have never met a more calm, collected, and detail oriented planner in my life. She had everything organized down to the smallest detail, without ever breaking a sweat. Any time I had a question or concern, Liza had already had it solved, taken care of, with a solution better than I could've ever figured out on my own.

She's also one of the kindest people. And it doesn't stop with Wedding Planning. Her floral talents are to DIE for. Our mantle floral arrangements still have people talking! She not only made my vision come to life -- she made it like a true dream - above and beyond anything I could've imagined.

I will absolutely, hands down, 100% recommend Liza and Studio DBI to any and everyone -- her professionalism, her grace in even challenging situations, and her genius and creativity made our wedding day absolutely perfect.

Profile Picture Tara, 5/13/16, 11 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Non-Floral, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit

Abosutley, positively, the best vendor I have ever worked with. For all you brides out there, I cannot recommend anyone better than Liza. There are not enough words to describe how wonderful Liza was during the entire planning and execution of the floral design for our wedding. I was impressed by Liza from our first conversation over the phone. She was wonderful and warm, great listener and knew exactly what I was envisioning. I would mention my cholor scheme and some of my ideas, and she knew what I meant. She did not try to take over my ideas, she enhanced them. Following our conversation, she emailed me the proposal with the pictures of what she envisioned given my guidance, and she was spot on. Liza knows design and knows flowers. If you are looking for that bridal magazine look, she will deliver. If you are looking for that urban, outside of the box thinking, she will deliver. No matter your style, she knows exactly how to execute that design. Liza will also work well with your budget and will help maximize your vision while sticking to your budget. I loved working with Liza not only on the professional level, but on a personal one. She is a lovely, kind, classy, stylish, hip and extremely intellegen woman. She has accomplished so much at such an incredible young age, she is truly an inspiration.
I highly recommend Liza and her Studio DBI team. You will be amazed at the beauty and sophistication she will bring to your event. The flowers will stand out and make every picture worth a thousand words. If you want your dream wedding, Liza will be the one to make it happen. She is the fairy godmother of flowers.
Thank you Liza, from the bottom of our hearts, for adding so much beauty to our special day!

Profile Picture Cindy, 3/12/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Set Up, Venue Visit, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Petals, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements

I absolutely loved working with Liza! She was amazing -- always available to talk through the details and make sure I was getting exactly what I wanted. She is a very talented florist and decorated. I even had a room change last minute and asked her to create this beautiful alter scene very last minute and she made it happen. I can't rave enough about the work she did! She also made sure to incorporate small decor items I had wanted. Again, very easy to work with and so nice/professional. If you want great, beautiful decor and flowers, be sure to hire her. I promise it is worth it.

Profile Picture User4823916, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers
Services Used: Aisle Decor, Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Petals, Non-Floral, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

I don't have enough good things to say about Liza and Studio DBI. From our first meeting to talk vision to the end of our wedding night, Liza went above and beyond to make our wedding feel seamless. Despite only hiring her as a 'month of planner', Liza was so incredibly helpful recommending vendors that saved us a ton of money. I was always so impressed by her quick responses to the dozens of emails I sent, generally within hours. On day of, I literally didn't have to worry about a thing and didn't know if anything 'wrong' happened. The flowers were even better than I would've imagined. At the end of the night, everything was stored neatly in our hotel room. Can't recommend Studio DBI enough.

Profile Picture User6267160, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Set Up, Venue Visit, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Chuppah Decor, Table Arrangements

Liza at Studio DBI was an absolute dream to work with. We hit it off right away and she always listened carefully to what I was looking for, my likes and dislikes, preferences, etc. She was so easy to accommodate meeting times and locations. Her kind nature and attention to detail were the perfect balance and mix of what I was looking for. I truly considered her a friend by the end of it all. The flowers she provided were exactly to what I wanted, her services with planning and coordinating were unmatched, and her support and enthusiasm the day of added that special touch. I would not hesitate to recommend Liza and Studio DBI!

Profile Picture Jenn, 10/2/15, 9 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Altar Decor, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Single Flowers, Table Arrangements, Clean Up, Consultations, Delivery, Event Design, Samples, Set Up, Venue Visit

We used Liza's floral and wedding coordinating services for our recent wedding and I have to say that I was thrilled with both. The flowers at our ceremony and reception looked beautiful and Liza even threw in little touches like flowers in the bathrooms that were not included in our contract but which I really appreciated. In picking out the floral design Liza's approach was very practical- she was prepared for our first meeting with a slew of photos on her ipad for us to review which made it really easy to hone in on what I liked and didn't like. Other florists asked us to describe "our vision" for the event which as someone who did not really have one I found difficult. Liza was a really good listener and she was able to quickly interpret from my vague description exactly the look we were going for and executed it just as we discussed without a lot of further back and forth after our first meeting. She also was able to deliver a beautiful, simple and modern Chuppah which went perfectly with the look of the wedding. As far as wedding coordinating services Liza was very organized, responsive, and accessible. On the wedding day itself everything was executed exactly how we had discussed and I saw her working feverishly throughout but she never once approached me with any issues other than gently making suggestions about moving on to the next stage of the timeline so I didn't have to worry about a thing all night. At the end of the night all of our stuff was packed up and delivered back to our hotel room before we even got there and thoughtfully my bouquet and leftover cake were stored in the hotel refrigerator. I felt as if every detail had been thought through and that Liza really went the extra mile to make sure that everything went off without a hitch.

Profile Picture Linda, 3/21/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Working with Liza was a pleasure! She is so super friendly! She really listened to everything I wanted and then delivered exactly what I asked for. She gave me great ideas and was wonderful with my family. I would totally recommend her to any bride.

Profile Picture User4366204, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Liza Bourkard is a gem! She worked with me in the month prior to my daughter's October 19, 2014 wedding. She was energetic and organized in tying up loose ends. She attended a pre-wedding meeting at the venue, worked up timelines and lists, and provided the florals and tape top designs for us. It was at the wedding, however, that she really shone! She and her assistant were on site early and worked throughout the day and evening to smoothly handle the "run of show" as well as the emergencies that arose (an extensive pipe/drape installation that collapsed because it was not properly weighted by the rental company; as well as appalling dinner service by the caterer). After the event, Liza followed up with the providers whose performance caused us issue, wrote emails to back up our complaints; and ensured that our satisfaction with our event was at the forefront of her efforts. She is truly a gifted professional.

Profile Picture karen, 10/19/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Liza and the rest of the Studio DBI team provided exceptional service for our wedding on Oct. 4! We used her for month-of services, which was the best decision we made for our DC wedding of about 200 people (mostly out of towners).

For any brides who feel that they don't want a wedding planner the whole engagement (for budgetary reasons or because you want to plan it yourself and think it's fun -- I was both), I cannot recommend Liza enough for month-of planning. The month-of is when all the fun starts and you want to be able to sit back, relax and enjoy all of your hard work while she handles all the details, which she did. When you are that close to the wedding, you want to be able to spend time with your family, friends and fiance; you DO NOT want to be on the phone to a million vendors, sending out timelines, going over logistics and worrying about details -- trust me. I did not have to speak to a single vendor to confirm anything or figure out timing or details. She put together a DETAILED and well-thought out timeline and was able to execute a flawless weekend for us. Logistics and the nitty-gritty details were NOT my strong suit, and she took care of it all perfectly.

Finally, Liza and her assistants are all so laid back and enjoyable to be around. She never inserted her opinion without me asking, but when I did ask her advice on something, she had such good ideas that we never would have thought of ourselves. You can tell she is able to adapt to any and every style of wedding and be fully on board with it without any judgement or unwarranted opinions. We really appreciated that about her.

All in all, Liza and the Studio DBI team made for a fun, relaxing and PERFECTLY executed wedding weekend for us that was flawless from start to finish. My family, husband and I could not recommend her highly enough!

Profile Picture Jill, 10/4/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

They were professional and fabulous from our first meeting to the last minute of the wedding and were worth every penny and then some. I enjoyed my daughter's wedding immensely because I didn't have to worry about a thing. They thought of things I didn't even know existed that made the wedding beautiful and elegant. Could not imagine it without all their help!!

Profile Picture Beverly, 10/4/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Studio DBI for month-of coordination was one the best decisions we made in planning our wedding. We called Liza three months out, somewhat stressed about lack of space in the restaurant where we were having both the ceremony and reception. We had interviewed other coordinators who were skeptical that we would be able to do what we wanted to do there. Not Liza--she was excited about everything we described and immediately got to work coordinating with the restaurant. Within days she had developed a floor plan and a schedule that put our minds completely at ease. Here’s everything else Liza and team did to make our wedding extra-special: Confirmed all vendors--if there were any issues, we never heard of them; provided a structure for a ceremony backdrop after our failed DIY attempt; directed a rehearsal at our apartment on the night of Liza’s own anniversary; prepared a bridal bouquet that perfectly reflected the bride’s style and the feel of the wedding; made sure we paid all vendors and recommended tip amounts; oversaw all set-up and takedown at the restaurant; returned all personal equipment and decorations to our apartment and even walked our dog so we could stay out later. We are so grateful to Liza and team!

Profile Picture User4534067, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

I loved working with Liza and her team! They provided the flowers for my wedding and they turned out so beautiful! They were extremely responsive, friendly and reliable. After meeting her, i trusted her, the team and their work instantly which led to NO stress at all for the wedding regarding the flowers! The end result was far better and more amazing than what I tried to envision and describe. I would recommend DBI Studio to everyone.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/20/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Liza and the team at DBI were awesome! She came up with really creative suggestions to fit what we wanted -- which was challenging because we had no color, no theme and just a couple of wildly varying pinterest pictures to go by! I LOVED the bouquets, the boutineers, the garland for the ceremony and all the different table arrangements. We had the ceremony and the reception in the same space, and the flowers really helped transform so it felt totally different. She had really good suggestions for varying the arrangements by tables to keep the tables uncluttered and save us a little money. Liza also gave us great advice on linens and lighting to help really make the room. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/13/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

DBI is expensive, but they have everything you could possibly need - from the candy bar supplies, to a wealth of vases, gorgeous fabrics, flower chandeliers, access to stunning flowers and more. Liza was fantastic. She found creative ways to make my vision work within my budget. She was incredibly flexible in terms of redesigning arrangements, changing ideas, squeezing in calls between my work meetings, etc. The flowers themselves were stunning. I got so many compliments on the bridal party's bouquets and the table arrangements. She worked with my caterer and wedding planner to design the wedding cake and provide the flowers. She even surprised us with a stunningly gorgeous arrangement for the bride and groom dining chairs. Our theme was modern-rustic, and we had an outdoor wedding. She created lush, soft, flowing bouquets and arrangements. Even though it was 97 degrees the day of our wedding, everything held up beautifully. The pictures of those flowers - even at the end of the night are still just so beautiful! Liza came prepared to keep the flowers chilled in the heat. Super thoughtful and detail oriented. Really - just wonderful to work with her!

Profile Picture Emily, 9/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Unique Services (Other)

Liza was a pleasure to work with and made our event shine!

Profile Picture User4433519, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Leezi knows her stuff! I loved working with DBI and I will continue to refer others and come back.

Profile Picture Sherie, 7/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers, Wedding Planning

Liza is the best! She was able to make my daughter's citrus wedding concept so perfect. The luscious citrus garlands strung across the backs of the chairs and railing behind the bridal party at the Newseum looked fabulous. Then they were re-purposed at the reception, hugging the sweetheart table, lining the wedding cake table, providing a backdrop to the wedding guest book puzzle table, and elsewhere. They completed the look of the gorgeous and varied floral and fruit arrangements on the tables. The guests even enjoyed the sweet clementines scattered on each table. My daughter's vision became Liza's vision. It was a pleasure working this Liza over this past year and I highly recommend Liza and StudioDBI to anyone.

Profile Picture Pat, 7/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We contracted with Liza Bourkard at StudioDBI to act as the coordinator for my daughter’s wedding based upon a couple of phone calls and my daughter’s meeting with her more than a year ago. Liza’s role was to begin 6 weeks from the event and the goal was to turn over the management of the vendors and the day of timeline to Lisa. What she did over the year, with just a few suggestions and phone calls:
• Suggested a much better location for the event than the one we were considering
• Identified a wonderful photographer when we were having a great deal of difficulty securing one we liked
• Pointing us to a DJ who was as perfect as one could have been
• Helping us find a last minute videographer who handled himself with great care and kindness
The key, however, were the actions of Liza and her assistant Stephanie near and on the day of the event. They developed a carefully crafted timeline with everything timed and practiced. The rehearsal dinner really included a rehearsal of the ceremony. We ran it through enough to work through the kinks and the awkwardness, changing an order here and a word there. The actual ceremony would follow with ease and comfort.
Everything was planned in advanced, the timeline well established and the hotel all set. Nonetheless, things happen. The key is that, at all time, even when I was aware of what was happening (and to be honest, I usually found out after things were fixed), I was always greeted with “we’ve already taken care of it” or “we’ll take care of it”. Most importantly, everything really was taken care of.
Whether it was the bridesmaid being stuck in the elevator, or the Chuppah not fitting into the room or my daughter needing to eat something right after the ceremony (she’d not eaten all day and was starving!), Liza or Stephanie just took care of things. There are undoubtedly other things that went sideways that I’ll never even knew because they were just handled. Thank you Liza and Stephanie.

Profile Picture Michael, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Liza and Stephanie were truly amazing to work with. They were organized and completely on top of anything and everything. They kept this bride happy and relaxed during the whole wedding process as well as on the day of my wedding. I truly can not say enough positive things about these ladies. If you are considering a wedding coordinator-look no further. If you are not considering a wedding coordinator, please reconsider and hire this team!!!

Profile Picture Maya, 6/28/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

There is only one word we could say to describe Liza Boukard's design skills for our Summer 2014 wedding....and that word would be "AWESOME." As someone who does NOT understand everything that goes into the floral and overall design aspects of a wedding...I can honestly say that Liza took the time to take in my wife and my inputs and incorporate them into a product that AMAZED our wedding guests! Honestly, when you are planning a wedding, its so hard to see the forest among the trees, so it really comes down to TRUST. Trust that the professional you are working with understands your desires and truly incorporates them into the overall final product. Liza did with flair and we can say that our guests were amazed and still brag about our wedding 6 months later. Hire her and know with CONFIDENCE that you are in very good hands!

Profile Picture PAUL, 6/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Flowers

My wedding was this past weekend and the flowers from Studio DBI were absolutely beautiful! Liza was very easy to work with and she really understood the vision I was trying to achieve. The bouquets were so elegant and the ceremony and reception decor provided the perfect splash of color. I would certainly work with her again the future! Thank you again, Liza!

Profile Picture Amy, 6/7/14, 10 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Liza did an amazing job with the flowers for my wedding! I was looking for simple bouquets and a few center pieces for my wedding in Old Town. Unlike many brides, I didn't have an exact vision for my flowers other than "blue and green." What Liza designed was simple amazing - perfect green and blue bouquets for my bridesmaids, a stunning ivory bouquet for me (complete with sparkles!) and some beautiful centerpieces. I could not have been happier with the product.

In addition, Liza was incredibly responsive and flexible. She sent great summaries of the flowers she recommended and followed up about a month before the wedding to make sure that everything was on track. She was perfectly on time on our wedding day and totally wowed us.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Profile Picture User3671232, 2+ years ago, 8 Reviews
Category: Flowers

We used DBI for our recent wedding and were very pleased with the results! Like a previous reviewer, I didn't have a real vision for my flowers other than color and a couple of flowers I liked. Liza did an amazing job putting together a proposal for me that was within my budget and incorporated the flowers I knew I wanted. It was simple yet elegant and exactly what we wanted.

I had different ceremony and reception sites, and this was no problem for DBI. They showed up on time to both sites, and were incredibly professional. They truly went above and beyond when one of the centerpieces got jostled by another vendor, and came back to our reception venue to fix it! They were also incredibly flexible, and let us keep the glassware and flowers an extra day to use at brunch.

Their work is beautiful and I'd recommend them to anyone!

Profile Picture Kari, 5/24/14, 11 Reviews
Category: Flowers

Liza at Studio DBI went above and beyond to make our wedding not only beautiful but run smoothly. The flowers were amazing, Liza and her assistant were on top of every detail that we requested and Liza's husband even got called in to bring a steamer from 20 minutes away when we realized we needed one.

Very highly recommend!