12 Reviews for db studios

Dance Lessons (7)

Kendall really is the best. My wife and I didn't want to just rock back and forth in the middle of the dance floor for our first dance. Neither of us really knew how to dance going into this, but instantly Kendall made us feel comfortable. Each lesson we could notice ourselves getting better, as Kendall had a very methodical way of getting us to learn new things and perfect what we had already learned. She pushed us out of our comfort zones (in a good way of course) and got us to try some moves we were originally skeptical of. These of course ended up being the things that got the greatest applause during our dance and that everyone was talking about after - Kendall really knows her stuff! If you're an engaged couple out there trying to look like you know what you're doing during your first dance, Kendall is the one you want to teach you.

Profile Picture Ricky, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Dance lessons with Kendall were by far the most fun we had while planning our wedding. For an hour or two each week, we would laugh with Kendall as she took our two left feet and taught them to dance. Our first dance blew everyone away at our wedding, friends, family and even DJ said it was an amazing first dance. All of that positive feedback is a reflection on Kendall, and her commitment to her students. She took our feedback if we didn't love a move she would tweak to best fit us.

We had fun. And looked great on our wedding night. It certainly set the tone for the dance floor for the rest of the night!

If you are thinking of taking dance lessons look no further than Kendall and DB studios.

Profile Picture Francis, 8/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kendall is an amazing dance instructor. Anyone who can get me to learn to dance has extraordinary talent, but the most impressive thing about her is how much fun she makes it. Could not recommend her any more highly.

Profile Picture Tyler, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great experience with Kendall! My fiance and I aren't the most dance savvy but she was full of energy and made us feel super comfortable with the whole experience! It was also a great experience to sprinkle into the the whole wedding planning process, it was a fun way to keep connected during the crazy wedding planning process!

Profile Picture Brittany, 7/1/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Kendall was an amazing instructor. She helped us feel comfortable and confident and made sure that we had all the tools we needed to have a first dance that felt like us. My husband and I were very nervous about our first dance. She helped us push past the nerves and enjoy our time together on the dance floor. We actually miss our weekly dance dates with Kendall. My dad and I also took classes with Kendall for our Father-Daughter dance and our friends and family were wowed by my dad's smooth moves. Would highly recommend Kendall to everyone!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Kendall is both professional and fun which is the best combination a married couple-to be could ask for! We hired Kendall for our Wedding first dance and could not be happier with our choice. Kendall really enjoys working with couples and has a natural ability to make you feel good about each step you take in the process of learning how to dance! She also made us laugh and taught us how to work as a team in the world of dance- a skill that every newlywed couple should build! We got tons of compliments from our guests on our gorgeous dance and even gave some after party lessons :) Kendall is a true professional, a kind teacher, and all around amazing!

Profile Picture Erin , 7/1/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Kendall was really great to work with. She was patient with us beginners, had plenty of moves and options for us, and most of all: we had a lot of fun! We would (and are) recommending her to our friends. Thanks so much for adding a bit of flair to our first dance.

Profile Picture Alex, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Between my me and my husband we have 4 left feet... The thought of the first dance made me queasy of awkwardly tripping all over each other or swaying lifelessly on the dance floor for a painful ~4 minutes as our friends and family watched on.

The owner and instructor, Kendall responded immediately to our initial e-mail inquiry and we set up a FREE consultation dance lesson with her. I may have inadvertently made her update the website since it now says the Groupon/Yelp deals can't be combined. Oops! Kendall welcomed us to db studios, which is located within the Newton Congregational Church. The private lessons are rehearsed on the upper stage, which mimics the size of most venue dance floors. For the consultation she listened to our song to determine what type of ballroom dance style would fit best and we decided on the fox trot. We had the option of another style, but it did not allow for us to move around the stage as much. During the first lesson we learned the basic step as well as the box step. (I know, we are starting from the ground up here.) She worked with each of us individually by having us follow her side by side along with dancing with us directly. For each class she took notes to give us specific points of improvement to work on outside of class.

We highly appreciated Kendall's flexible hours as I often work quite late. So we've had lessons starting at 8 PM. It's great that for Monday - Wednesday she is available until 10 PM! In addition, Kendall worked with our limited budget and we accomplished all that we hoped within the 3 official dance lessons. For more details about the actual lessons, what song we chose, photos from the wedding, and interactions with the owner check out my blog.
tinyurl.com/RBHDance

Profile Picture Hanna, 4/30/17, 7 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

It was a joy to work with Kendall on our wedding dance. We were nervous at first not knowing what to expect, but she immediately put both of us at ease with her bubbling and fun personality. She was very patient with us, neither of us had any dancing experience. She showed us two different dances that were appropriate for our song and allowed us to choose the one we liked the most. Each week we learned new steps while also practicing ones we had learned the prior week. Dancing lessons became a part of wedding-planning that we actually looked forward to! I highly recommend Kendall as a dancing instructor for weddings or other events, she is absolutely wonderful, and I am so glad we chose her!

Profile Picture Lavinia, 1/30/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Kendall is a terrific dance instructor. My husband and I knew nothing about dancing and were both skeptical about dance lessons; however, we wanted a little something more for our first dance at our wedding, so we decided to give lessons and a try and so glad we found Kendall. She is just so chill and really a great instructor for beginners. Really works within your comfort zone. I felt we learned so much in 5 one hours lessons and feel it is just a useful life skill that we will continue to use. Highly recommend Kendall! She is a beautiful person and great teacher!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/8/16, 12 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Kendall is great. Her personality is works well with all walks of life, whether you are shy or hyper, male or female, young or old, etc. Her positivity/encouragement keeps you motivated, so not only do you feel like you are getting your penny's worth, you can feel yourself getting the hang of it (ballroom dancing). Besides the fact that she knows how to coach/teach her students properly, her 20+ years of experience (among other credentials) confirm that your tutelage is in good hands.

Profile Picture Taylor, 6/25/16, 9 Reviews
Services Used: Dance Lessons

Our dance lessons at db studios were one of our favorite parts of wedding prep! Kendall is an amazing and talented dance instructor, with a great ability to breakdown new steps and dance styles for newbies. She listened carefully to what we wanted our first dance to be like and helped us create an amazing number that our guests told us was one of the best they have seen! She is fantastic at pacing lessons so you are mastering steps and learning new ones at the same time. On top of that, she's a ton of fun and has a great sense of humor. We already miss our weekly lessons with her!

Profile Picture Julia, 6/11/16, 3 Reviews