Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Allison · Married on 12/03/2016

This venue was absolutely beautiful! We had a small party (30 people) and it was perfect! The outdoor dining space was breathtaking, and the indoor space was perfect for use of the buffet and separate dance floor. The service was great, the food and drinks were both very good. In preparation for the wedding the event manager was very helpful and accommodating with the menu. We were very happy with our choice to have our reception at Daylight Mind, if I had to do it all over I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 12/14/2016

JONEEN · Married on 10/14/2016

We planned our destination wedding from across the ocean (we're in Oregon) and went through 3 different event planners while planning our event over a 9month period and finally Julia came along and was great! There were some accommodations that were previously promised that she wasn't aware of and honored them, no problem. We rented out the top lanai and 40+ of our closest friends and family flew over with us to join us on our special day. The top lanai area is HUGE and it could have definitely held WAY more than 50 people. There was plenty of room for all of our guests to be seated on the lanai along with our sweetheart table and cake table and then the DJ set up with a packed dance floor inside and nobody was stepping over each other. The food was something that all my husband and I and ALL of our guests were happy with and we had TONS of left overs. I DIY'ed all of my decorations and sent them over to our wedding planner ahead of time, it looked amazing and it was nice to make the space "ours." We even got to take some pictures at sunset right down the steps from the top deck. I'm so thankful my wedding planner suggested this venue for us, it was perfect.

Sent on 01/24/2017

Tanya · Married on 07/17/2017

3.5

This was an amazing vendor to work with, efficient, flexible, and responsive. Julia was a pleasure to work with amd went to great lengths for us when it came to the menu and wedding cake. Daylight Mind Coffee is a must for a Kailua Kona wedding reception!!

Sent on 08/01/2017

Trang · Married on 03/24/2019

Magical wedding, planned from a distance xx

Overall we loved having our ceremony and reception at Daylight Mind. It's a lot easier to coordinate from a distance when the venue can provide a ceremony site, reception food, and the cake. The view is breathtaking (if it doesn't rain). I'd recommend having a couple of phone calls with them before you arrive to the island to go through the schedule of the day and other details. We also had a meeting in person with the coordinator, together with our photographer, videographer, and officiant, the day before our wedding for a quick rehearsal of the ceremony. This was very helpful for a smooth event.

As a final note, we were transferred to a different coordinator half way through the process, which caused some information to get lost, but everything did go well in the end. Thanks Daylight Mind!

Sent on 07/09/2019

Katherine · Married on 03/23/2018

3.0

Rehearsal Brunch

We had an overall good experience with this venue for an afternoon rehearsal brunch. Our planning process was a breeze, email communication was prompt. We had a buffet that featured eggs Benedict. The food was amazing and did not disappoint. My only complaint was that I was given a quote for a specific table design that featured pineapples and there were none on the table that day. It was still a pretty design, just not what we had agreed to. There wasn’t any follow up communication with me after to see if I was satisfied with my experience. Overall I would recommend this venue. My recommendation to the venue would be to follow through with correct decor always.

Sent on 11/11/2018

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

I wrote this response via email to Katherine back in November, but didn't receive a response. I thought it was important to share here as well.

Aloha Katherine,

I hope you are enjoying married life, and I'm sorry I never checked in after your rehearsal brunch to see how you enjoyed everything!

I read your review and I wanted to let you know that I am sorry for any misunderstanding with regard to your decor. I quoted $180 to provide palm fronds, orchids and pineapples for your table back in January. I went through all of our emails and I didn't receive a confirmation of the charge, and didn't charge you for the decor, so we didn't provide pineapples. I truly apologize because it has obviously stuck with you, and if I could go back and place pineapples for you, I would! We charge for that set up because pineapples aren't cheap (even in Hawaii!) and the event guests usually take them home with them.

I hope that you don't harbor any negative feelings about that brunch and that you will come back and visit us for your anniversaries in the future!

Warmest aloha,