Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Hali · Married on 11/03/2017

From start to finish working with Julia to plan our wedding reception was absolutely wonderful and incredibly easy. She is awesome!!! Julia was highly attentive to every aspect of our event to create a magical evening. Daylight Mind itself is beautiful and amazing, but Julia and her team are what really made everything come together perfectly. The night of she was there to make sure everything went smoothly and help with anything we needed (including bustling my dress - so sweet). The food was super yummy, especially our cake which we stilled gushed about the next day. Quality cocktails, warm staff, and a seamlessly planned event set right on the shore and accompanied by the sound of crashing waves and the ocean breeze - it was all more perfect than we envisioned! Many thanks to all who helped our wedding come together, especially Julia :)

Sent on 11/26/2017
  • Shylynn

Shylynn · Married on 10/07/2017

Daylight Mind Coffee Company was a beautiful place to have our wedding reception. We were so happy with how everything turned out! Food, cake, decor, and service was perfect! Julia and Alycia have both been apart of the planning process and were very responsive and reassuring about any concerns that I had. Planning our wedding reception was easy with them and it was all done via email since we live on Oahu. We dropped off our decor the day before and did a quick run through of the space and how we wanted our decor done. On the day of our wedding, everything was setup by them, and it was done exactly the way we wanted it! A beautiful place, great food and drinks, and great coordinators, you have nothing to worry about!

Sent on 06/11/2018

Laura · Married on 10/03/2017

The staff at daylight mind was incredible. Julia in particular. From day one she was there to answer any question I had,she was always responsive to my maaaany emails. She did a fabulous job referring us to the best vendors as well as accommodating several special requests that took our event to the next level. She helped coordinate our rehearsal dinner with Korie at their Waikaloa location. Korie took the time to build us a custom menu for the rehearsal which was personalized with our names.It was incredibly thoughtful!

I brought all of my decor with us from Canada and Julia took the time to set up all of our decor for us it was such an incredible experience !!!+Everything was stunning!!!. Our guests had an incredible time and kept remarking how fabulous the staff and venue were. The value for the venue is unbelievable. The rooftop terrace has stunning ocean views which made for the perfect back drop to our dinner tables. We are forever grateful for the time and attention to detail the staff at daylight mind put into our special day. If we could do it over again we would choose them again in a heartbeat! Thankyou!!!!

Laura

Sent on 10/19/2017

Carlos · Married on 09/29/2017

Where do we begin. Julia and staff at the Daylight Mind are incredible. The staff is very professional and helpful with every step along the way. We are from California and when we first started shopping venues for our destination wedding in Kona we were a bit nervous about having to pick a venue based on photos and emails. Daylight Mind represents 100% what they advertise online, Julia responds quickly via email and text. The food here was incredible, the Bar was incredible, Service here is incredible and to top it off beautiful views everywhere you look.

Sent on 11/10/2017
    Daylight Mind Events 12
    Daylight Mind Events 13
    Daylight Mind Events 14

Sonja · Married on 09/29/2017

Wedding of our dreams! Daylight Mind and staff made our wedding run smoothly. The location, food and venue made Daylight Mind an easy choice to have our wedding.

Sent on 11/10/2017

Ann Sophie · Married on 08/26/2017

Everyone says planing a wedding is stressful. We made the opposite experience- with Julia on our side it was a wonderful and simple process with lots of laughter-that we really enjoyed- especially the wedding day itself- better than what we could have dreamed of! I would always choose it again!

Sent on 09/15/2017
  • Morgan

Morgan · Married on 08/04/2017

Julia and her team at Daylight made our wedding day and the days leading up the best ever. She went above and beyond to help ease our nerves before the big day. She responded to all of our emails in a timely manner and made sure our vision was executed. I am forever grateful to her for making our dream wedding come true!

Sent on 09/15/2017

Chloe · Married on 07/18/2017

Daylight Mind Coffee Company did an excellent job hosting our reception dinner. Julia Berman the wedding coordinator was helpful in creating my vision for table design, food and beverage choices, and all around ease of the evening. She is professional at her job and has your best intentions at mind. The entire staff was considerate, friendly, and all around helpful. The view from the top floor is beyond breathtaking. It's practically a 270 degree view of pure ocean and makes for a fantastic back drop for pictures. Our photographer had zero issue finding places to snap photos of my husband and I. The lava rock and water down below is a great place to start.
    We chose two special drinks: Hibiscus Moscow mule and Pineapple smash. They were both equally tasty and loved by everyone.
    The food met all my expectations and more. There were zero complaints from anyone about the food. Everything was fresh, healthy, tasty, and beautiful! We opted for the 3 sides and 3 main entrees and I am glad we did. (Mostly because everything tasted so great). The short ribs, furikake encrusted fresh catch, and the vegetable risotto were amongst some of the favorites. We had 50 people - some kids, gluten-free/vegetarians, and everyone was happy and full.

I cant say enough positive things about this place.
    If you're looking to have a perfect reception dinner- this is your spot! Thank you Daylight Mind co. for making it a breeze.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Justin · Married on 07/11/2017

Planning a destination wedding in Hawaii can be hard but Daylight Mind Coffee Company made it extremely easy! We booked the top patio & bar at the Kona location. Food was fantastic from the pupus, main course, and cake, oh the cake! You cannot beat the view either! This is a perfect venue to have a private party. We booked an open bar too, and their staff are absolutely great, the drinks were speedy!! We honestly cannot say enough good things about these folks.

By the way, we used Jots of Thoughts wedding & event planning. Sara is unbelievable, and I would highly recommend her if you're in the market for a fantastic wedding planner. We would have been list without her.

Sent on 08/11/2017

Jana · Married on 06/26/2017

Awesome staff, beautiful venue, and delicious food! Highly recommend this place for a beautiful wedding in Hawaii. I also love that it's easy to find and get to.

Sent on 07/17/2017

Linley · Married on 06/15/2017

Daylight mind was an incredible place to have our destination wedding ceremony and reception. Julia was so responsive and helpful when we were deciding all the way from Iowa on our venue. On our big day, Julia did an amazing job coordinating the event and it went so smoothly with her help! Food was awesome, and the scenery was amazing! All of the staff at daylight was so friendly and helpful, we wish we could do it all again!

Sent on 07/06/2017

ryan · Married on 06/07/2017

This is review is so overdue. Julia Berman and the Daylight Mind Coffee Company did an amazing job with our wedding reception. Not only was the venue a perfect location for our evening dinner (we had an awesome Hawaiian Sunset) Julia did a great job with coordinating all the logistics of our event.

When we first contacted her she set a very professional tone and my wife and I knew that we can trust her and that we were in good hands. She was very responsive and courteous with all her communications, from phone calls, to emails, and text messages. She was able to answer all the questions we had and left us no doubt that everything would go smooth.

I was also very impressed with how the venue was decorated. Julia and Daylight Mind were able to take my wife’s vision and make into a reality. My wife and I were very happy with the ambience and the reception setting. It was absolutely perfect. I might be biased because it was my wedding, but it was honestly the best wedding reception venue I have been too.

And the food was so dam good! We got so many compliments from our guests on how they loved the it. And the great part about the buffet style we had was that it was very cost effective and fit very well into our budget. And the wedding cake they served us was delicious. Some guests even commented that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had. We got the Lili koi filling.

If you are looking for a great venue with an ocean view setting and an awesome coordinator, check out Julia Berman and the Daylight Mind Coffee Company.

Sent on 08/22/2017

David · Married on 04/15/2017

We had the privilege of working with Julia and hosting our Rehearsal Dinner at Daylight Mind. Julia was phenomenal and super easy to work with, and on the night of the dinner the entire staff was incredible. Every single person at Daylight Mind went out of their way to make sure our night was carefree and perfect. The food was delicious and the views are unbeatable. We had 38 adults at the event, plus 2 children and everyone fit comfortably. Would not hesitate to recommend!

Sent on 04/20/2017

giselle · Married on 03/12/2017

Daylight was the perfect place for my reception of about 50 guests! The private deck was private and had a gorgeous ambiance for our nuptials!! Julia is extremely professional and accommodating to our needs and desires! I was so happy and pleased especially with the food (so tasty) and how the venue became a memorable place for my husband and I!!

Sent on 06/11/2017

Sarah · Married on 02/27/2017

Had a hitch a few months out from our wedding and we had to change venues. Luckily, Daylight Mind was available for our date and it turned out to be the perfect spot! We had the ceremony on the lawn and the reception upstairs. The lawn was a good size, we had about 50 total in the group, about 38 seated. They supplied the chairs, which saved us a bit of money, so that was awesome! We said our vows next to the ocean, and our guests had a great view of not only the wedding party, but of whales breaching in the distance right before everything started (no joke, wish I had noticed but I had vows running through my head and general spotlight anxiety...).
    The reception took place on the second floor, and we had the whole upstairs to ourselves. They closed it off a few hours before our event so that we could come in and help set up the place (though, I myself do not know how much went on that morning since I was getting hair and makeup done at a separate location). We didn't have a lot of decorating to add ourselves, but it was nice to know that they offered up that time for us, if we needed.
    Their table settings and organization of everything looked great. The food was incredible! We used their menu and all night our guests were coming up and saying that it was the best wedding food they've ever had. My favorite appetizers were the ahi poke shooters and bacon wrapped scallops-- get them! We had an open bar all night, and their drink prices were very reasonable. They also made our cake, so we didn't have to worry about it getting to the venue on time, or in one piece.
    They did everything! Which was so helpful for planning, set up and clean up. Coordination was with one person the whole time, Julia, who also made the back and forth of it all less stressful. She was very helpful and awesome!

Beautiful location in downtown Kailua-Kona. . Can't promise the whales for your event, but you can pretty much count on anything else with Daylight Mind.

Sent on 03/02/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 12/31/2016

We had our New Years Eve wedding reception on the top deck at Daylight Mind and it was wonderful! The event coordinator, Julia, was very easy to work with. We planned the event from Washington, DC and it was easy to communicate via email and phone. Julia helped organize a custom dinner and dessert menu that was strictly vegetarian and included dairy free options. The space itself worked out well for our wedding of 65 guests, but it could have easily accommodated more. All of our guests commented on how professional and kind the staff at Daylight Mind was during our reception. Everything came together beautifully and we would not have changed a thing. I would highly recommend Daylight Mind for a wedding reception or other events.

Sent on 01/17/2017

Clarice · Married on 11/20/2016

After a bad experience booking a venue for our rehearsal dinner in Kona, I decided to look for another option. My wedding coordinator at the Four Seasons recommended Daylight Mind. Switching our rehearsal dinner to Daylight Mind was one of the best decisions I made about the wedding weekend! Our rehearsal dinner for 75 guests was perfect! I planned my wedding from New York, and was not able to visit Daylight Mind. I contacted the team via the website, and received a very quick response from Julia Berman. She sent me the lookbook, and menus, and even gave me a virtual tour of the venue. I was so impressed by the florals in the lookbook, I ended up booking the florist, Grace Flowers Hawaii, to create the florals for my wedding as well (highly recommend this florist if you are looking!) Julia was incredibly responsive as I had many questions and requests. She sent me floor plans so I could visualize where the tables would be placed, and the dimensions for everything. I customized a menu to add spam masubi which was not on the menu. I was nervous about the food as we were not able to fly to Hawaii for a tasting. The food was delicious! I was honestly surprised at how good everything was for the price that we paid. Julia went above and beyond, she even helped me secure a snow cone vendor for the event and helped us create the coffee favors for our wedding gift bags. The entire staff was friendly and it made everything go smoothly. All of our guests enjoyed a beautiful sunset, yummy food, great drinks, and a very fun party at Daylight Mind. Highly recommend!

Sent on 02/02/2017

Christine · Married on 10/18/2016

We booked our wedding reception at Daylight Mind in Kona and it could not have been more perfect! We did all our planning from another state and had never seen the venue before, so we went on the faith that it would turn out good and it was beyond perfect! The entire staff and our planner/coordinator at DM were fantastic. We DIYed all our décor and flew it over with us, and the planner there worked with us and even went out of her way to make sure she knew what we wanted. We left some things up to them to decide (in terms of décor) and they did a fantastic job! Extremely professional staff, very responsive planners, their food was amazing, our cake was perfect, and everything couldn't have been better! They really went out of their way to help customize our package to fit our needs (from food allergies, to picky eaters, to the décor and table layouts and placement). I felt they really went above and beyond to give us what we wanted. If I had to do it again I would book DM in a heartbeat! Very professional, very responsive, top notch quality, and it wasn't stuffy or generic like some of the hotel reception packages were. We loved that it felt unique and all about our group. The cost was amazing given that this venue is oceanfront and oceanview, and beautiful! Our cake was also done on-site by their pastry chef, and he did beyond a fantastic, perfect job! From setting up all our tables, to coordinating with our vedors and DJ, to stringing our lights, doing our flowers, and the wonderful food, friendly and wonderful staff, the amazing coffee, and even setting up our guest books, gift tables, and making sure favors were handed out, it was perfect! The planner didn't treat us like we were customers, but rather friends-she even helped me make sure I got food and drinks through the night, and even helped me bustle my dress several times. It felt like she was a friend attending our wedding! We loved everything and couldn't have been happier!!!!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kim · Married on 10/18/2016

You can have the wedding of your dreams without going broke at this venue and your guests will be treated to friendly, professional staff, outstanding food and all your guests will ask you how you found this gem! My daughter had her wedding there and it was so beautiful and peaceful! Everything was absolutely perfect and the food was amazing! Even her cake was made on site and was soooo beautiful! I really loved this wedding and this venue and the staff! We were so lucky to have found and booked them! Julia the event planner was just outstanding and really helped keep the couple calm, allowing them to enjoy their day and I got to enjoy watching a special moment in our lives without any pressure. I couldn't believe that they found such a gem!! I can't wait till I'm back on the islands so I can go have dinner at Daylight Mind...I won't leave the big Island without having a meal there!

Sent on 06/02/2017
  • Michelle

Michelle · Married on 05/25/2013

Wedding on the Big Island

I recently got married in Kona, Hawaii and Julia and Michelle at Daylight Mind made everything worth it. Planning a wedding on the Big Island was definitely difficult; most vendors would not call back at all or it would be weeks later but Julia and Michelle were ALWAYS responsive that same day. To a stressed out Bride, it was priceless and a huge relief. On top of being responsive the venue and dinner were absolutely amazing. The views are breathtaking, and my guests raved about the food! We had the short ribs , catch of the day, which was Mahi Mahi and the coffee crusted chicken. I cannot say enough good things about this venue, they made everything about my wedding stress free and amazing.

Sent on 07/26/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 15
    Daylight Mind Events 16
  • William

William Reyes · Married on 06/20/2019

Incredible venue with a view

An unforgettable view overlooking the ocean at a venue your guests will rave about!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • W

William · Married on 05/11/2019

Stunning location & great team

Location is fantastic, the pictures online are accurate and just like reality (important when planning from afar!) and Julia with her team are flexible and supportive. We never felt like there was an upsell and everything was easy.

Sent on 07/18/2019
  • Becca

Becca · Married on 03/02/2019

Beautiful, versatile wedding venue at a great price point!

My partner and I got married at Daylight Mind in March 2019. After a long engagement - mostly because we weren’t sure if we even wanted to have a traditional wedding - we finally decided to have an intimate wedding in Hawaii - the perfect halfway point between our family in the midwest and our family in South Korea.

Daylight Mind was one of the first venues I found. I loved the space - it is literally right on the water - and the set-up is perfect for a wedding. It’s awesome that you can have both your ceremony and reception at Daylight Mind - there aren’t a ton of venues on the Big Island that can accommodate this.

I think the biggest perks to having a wedding at Daylight Mind are: 1) Julia, the in-house wedding coordinator, and 2) The fact that you don’t have to outsource for basic items like chairs, linens, tableware, etc. That was a huge influencer in our choice to book here.

Julia is fantastic and really easy to work with. She was super responsive via e-mail - something I can’t say about all the wedding vendors I reached out to - and did a great job of making suggestions and recommendations based on my feedback/ideas. She is also just a genuinely awesome person - we loved her dry sense of humor and no-nonsense approach to getting things done. I will say that in the months following up to the wedding she was somewhat difficult to get ahold of - I know that this is because she is BUSY with literally 3-4 weddings a week sometimes, and she personally has grown the events/wedding programming at Daylight Mind in a major way since joining their staff. When I first started corresponding with Julia - a year in advance of the wedding - I always communicated directly with her. In the months before, I spoke to a couple different staff who have since been hired to her events team. They were helpful, but it sometimes felt a little disjointed talking to other staff who didn’t necessarily know all the details Julia and I had already discussed. They also have since developed some more documents with ideas/recommendations for vendors - this is something that didn’t exist when I first started planning with Julia - so it was cool to see how their wedding planning game is really picking up speed, and that they are being responsive and adaptive to the venue interest they are attracting!

We lucked out and found a major airfare deal to the Big Island about 8 months before the wedding, so we unexpectedly paid a visit to Kailua-Kona and got to meet with all of our vendors and do a tasting at Daylight Mind. That was so helpful! Julia was super fun to sit down with and gave us a lot of attention during our tasting. We got to know each other and hash out many of the details of our wedding day at this time.

Our wedding was super fun and even more beautiful than we could have imagined. Julia and her team did a great job of bringing our vision of our wedding day to life. She is great to work with and I’m super impressed by her hustle!

If you’re looking for a beautiful setting that is super versatile, you’ll be hard pressed to find a better package than what Daylight Mind has to offered. As far as costs go, we thought Daylight Mind was perfect for our needs and the price was affordable for what we ultimately got.

Thanks to Julia and her crew for making our wedding a super fun and memorable day for all of us!

Sent on 05/01/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 17
    Daylight Mind Events 18
    Daylight Mind Events 19
    Daylight Mind Events 20

Emily · Married on 11/01/2018

Tasty Food

All our guests raved about the food. The cake was beautiful and the woman who delivered the food was able to place the flowers on the cake prior to setting it out. We did have to get the place settings the day prior to the ceremony (the food didn't get delivered until after the ceremony, so it would still be hot), then take the dishes and chafing dishes back the next day. There was some confusion as to what was being provided, but it worked out in the end. The food was great and they were easy to work with. We would use them again!

Sent on 11/09/2018

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Aloha Emily,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your catering services! Korie is amazing at decorating cakes, I'm so glad it all worked out. Congratulations and mahalo!

Warmest aloha,
    Julia and the Daylight Mind Team

Greta · Married on 01/07/2018

We had our wedding reception of 11 people at Daylight Mind Coffee. The atmosphere was behind words! Food was great! Our event coordinator Julia was excellent and responsive, although we had a little misunderstanding about a few appetizers we ordered, she was quick to fix the issue. Highly recommend this place for any private events. Totally worth every penny!

Sent on 01/08/2018