Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Leahi · Getting married on 05/25/2020

WOW. The only word to encompass the venue, the food, and Julia! Our wedding reception was flawless. The decor was perfect, the food was top notch , and Julia even had a plate of appetizers waiting for us when we made our way to the venue after pictures. Every person there commented on how kind the staff was and how amazing eveything looked. She answered every email and question I had for her, even pertaining to things outside the reception. You can’t go wrong with a venue on the water and a coordinator that is up with the best of the best. Thank you Julia and Daylight Mind!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Aloha Leahi,

I have your thank you card hanging in my office! I loved getting to help you and Ryan with your wedding reception, and I still see your dad around town. I look forward to seeing you two when you come home to visit!

Kevin · Getting married on 03/07/2020

Phenomenal Venue and Service

Having Julia there to help us plan our wedding from 2,500+ miles away (we're from Los Angeles) was by far the biggest benefit in the entire process. Honestly, we wouldn't have had it any other way! Everything from the flower arrangements to photographers/videographers to finding the perfect desserts, she knew it all.

Two major hurdles, as I'm sure this is the case for any couple planning a destination wedding, are budget AND trusting that everything you choose will be up to par (since you can't taste the food, walk around the venue, etc. beforehand). It is safe to say that Daylight Mind provides great value for what they offer, and the food, service, and overall experience were top notch.

I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND starting the conversation with Julia to see how they can help you plan your dream destination wedding. She'll help you to take the stress out of planning and does a really good job of ensuring that you are in the moment throughout the day :)

Sent on 05/31/2019

Elizabeth · Married on 08/04/2019

Amazing and stress free

We just got married on August 4th, 2019 at daylight mind. From the beginning everything was amazing. We started off planning with Julia and she was so great and accommodating. We ended up working with Alycia as our coordinator and I can not express my appreciation for her. She went above and beyond for us. I had never been to the venue before and she was so patient with my daily text, calls and emails. When I’m saying I talked to her daily, I did. She was so welcoming and made our day so special. At one point I needed to switch into sandals but forgot mine and Alycia went and bought me a pair!!! I was sooo blown away with her. She was so much fun and so caring. The food at the venue was sooo fantastic, everyone has been raving about it. I was nervous for the food because we didn’t get a chance to try it but it exceeded our expectations. I even got to meet the chef, he came out to check on the food!! They care sooo much and it genuinely shows. Thank you so much to everyone that made our night so amazing!! Book your wedding here, it’s so stressfree and amazing.

Sent on 08/11/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 13
    Daylight Mind Events 14
    Daylight Mind Events 15
    Daylight Mind Events 16
  • candacelynne

Candace · Married on 08/03/2019

Wonderful venue/caterer

We used Daylight Mind to cater our wedding at a different venue, and also hosted our farewell brunch onsite. Their customer service is AMAZING. In fact, they went above in beyond by assisting me with some issues that arose during our planning process. People have raved about how amazing the food was, and the girls from DM who were bartending/serving food were so sweet. We have cravings for their delicious poke everyday! Highly recommend!

Sent on 08/11/2019

Tiziana Daclan · Married on 07/12/2019

Best Reception Place!

I can't thank Julie and the Daylight Mind Events Team enough for making our reception dreams come true! It is different from the regular boxy reception halls that you always see and attend to. This one has the million dollar ocean view, picture-perfect scenes, tasty foods, and awesome staffs. Perfect place to have fun and dance the night away. Everybody loved the place!

Sent on 08/03/2019

Kyle · Married on 05/11/2019

Nothing short of perfect

Daylight Mind was the absolutely perfect venue for a beautiful wedding. It was the first venue we found for our wedding day, and it exceeded even our highest expectations. Julia was fantastic to work with, and we were well taken care of throughout the evening. The price point was a steal, and we couldn’t have imagined a more perfect day. We highly, highly recommend Daylight Mind to anyone looking for a beautiful Hawaii wedding.

Sent on 08/16/2019
  • Larissa

Larissa · Married on 04/20/2019

Just perfect!

Julia was so helpful and was just the absolute best! Both myself and my husband weren't picky and pretty hands off with the whole process and Julia was pro-active and reminded us and guided us through the process and that was so helpful! She made everything run so smoothly and saved us the appetizers while we took pictures! The food at Daylight Mind was amazing - everyone liked it. For appetizers we did - Ahi poke shooters, avocado fries, and kalua pork sliders and they were so good! For Dinner we did strawberry spinach salad, mac salad, rice, roasted veggies, kalua pork, braised short ribs, and furikake crusted fish. All were great. We also got them to do the coffee wedding favors which were a hit. Also, Julia and her staff were able to do table decorations that looked great so we didn't have to get a florist or do it ourselves. Everything went smoothly and the area they have for the reception was so great, right next to the ocean, it was very picturesque. For anyone looking to get married in Kona, this is your place!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Julie

Julie Schadewald · Married on 04/18/2019

Beautiful 💗 Memorable

We were so fortunate to have found Daylight Mind in Kona Hawaii for our destination wedding. Julia Pittman and her staff are caring, courteous, and professional. They went above and beyond to make our wedding day beautiful, special and stress free. The services received and venue is a excellent value. Daylight Mind in Kona is perfect location off of Kailua Bay offering spectacular sunset views.

Sent on 06/27/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 21
  • Kelly

Kelly · Married on 04/08/2019

Perfect Kona Wedding!

Everyone at Daylight Mind, and especially Julia, made our day absolutely perfect! Planning a destination wedding can be very stressful AND I am very detail oriented, so I probably sent Julia and her team over 100 emails leading up to the event. Even though they have so many weddings and probably just as many stressed out brides, they answered every one of my emails within 24 hours and most were answered immediately. Julia also set up phone calls with me to go over the day of timeline.

Once we arrived for the rehearsal I realized I had nothing to worry about; Julia and team had everything completely under control. Julia gave very good recommendations and instructions. Her patience and unflappability are second to none. No question I asked was too small, and she was an absolute pleasure to be around.

They truly made our wedding day the best day ever! The lanai is gorgeous as is, but it was truly transformed. The ceremony space looked perfect, everyone was where they were supposed to be, and Julia was such a calming presence while I waited to walk down the aisle.

Once the ceremony was over, she guided us through the reception agenda with ease. The timeline seems very daunting at first, but she made sure we (and everyone else) was where we needed to be and when. She made sure we stayed on track with the timeline, but we never felt rushed. She also took so many pictures throughout the event which I really enjoyed.

I have to mention the food and drinks. They were amazing! We had so many compliments from our guests about how great the food was! And there were so many leftovers we got to take a lot of it with us and enjoyed it throughout our stay in Hawaii afterwards. The cake was gorgeous and tasty as well! Our bartender knocked it out of the park! She was so fun and really added to the evening. We didn’t have a signature drink, but she had some fun tropical ones for us anyway that everyone enjoyed throughout the night. In addition, the bar prices were super reasonable, and their wine selection was very good for the value.

Lastly, we went with the DJ and sound company they recommended (Hawaii Sound and Vision) and they, like everything else, were awesome. I highly recommend going with them. I absolutely loved our DJ!

Daylight Mind was the perfect venue and Julia and the rest of the staff made our day everything we wanted it to be and more.

Sent on 05/07/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 28
    Daylight Mind Events 29
  • Carrie

Carrie Watt · Married on 03/28/2019

Daylight Mind was the BEST decision we made!

My husband and I got married at Daylight Mind on March 28th, 2019. We had never even been to the Big Island before so we had to do everything sight unseen. Planning a wedding can be especially nerve wracking, but not even being able to see your venue or meet your vendors in person can make it even more so! However, Julia and Michelle were both so responsive in answering all of my questions and helping us to make our perfect day a reality, including recommending our incredible vendors to assist in all of our details and moving parts. We even flew in our favorite live band and that would not have been possible without the recommendation of Hawaii Sound & Vision (if you’re looking, hire them).

When we came for the rehearsal, I was so nervous because I wasn’t sure what to expect or exactly how much help we would have the day of. I’m an event planner myself and was worried that I would end up “working” my own wedding since we had so many things going on (we flew in oysters, had an oyster bar, had decorations from different vendors, a band, DJ, and a detailed timeline). The second I met Julia, I knew I was in good hands and was immediately relaxed. She instantly put me at ease, understood my vision for the day, offered to place all my decorations for me prior to the wedding (it looked PERFECT), and calmly and efficiently walked us through the rehearsal.

On the day of the wedding, all I had to do was look at Julia and feel like everything was going to be ok. I knew I could relax and truly enjoy our day without worrying about anything. She is seriously amazing; I can’t even stress this enough. She was even flexible enough to help two of our best friends surprise us by coming to the wedding when we thought they couldn’t attend, by adding seats for them while we were doing our first look. The staff was also incredible and went above and beyond for us throughout our event, even bringing us appetizers down to the beach while we took our sunset photos after the ceremony, attending to anything we needed throughout the night, and helping us pack everything up at the end. On top of the people that work at and represent Daylight, it was stunning on the rooftop and the exact romantic setting that we had hoped for. Daylight Mind was seriously the best decision we made and it gave us the most beautiful and wonderful day of our lives. I only wish we could do it again, lol! If you’re still looking for a venue, stop. Book Daylight. I promise you will not regret it.

Sent on 05/08/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 30
    Daylight Mind Events 31
    Daylight Mind Events 32

Madison · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful from start to finish!

As soon as we got engaged, my husband and I knew we wanted a simple, elegant destination wedding. I searched all over the Hawaiian Islands and happened upon Daylight Mind. We initially worked with Julia, who was so helpful and patient while we worked out the details of our date and what exactly we wanted for our wedding. We ended up working with Alycia, who was just as wonderful! She made sure she knew exactly what our vision was for our big day and was patient through all of my indecisiveness and changes in menu and plan.

The price of the venue and food, etc is an incredible value for how beautiful the space is and how incredible their food is - our guests are still talking about how much they loved the food and cocktails - what I’d give for another Lilikoi Margarita! The poke and sweet potato au gratin were especially popular among our guests. We even came back twice after the wedding, for lunch and breakfast, which were also amazing. The location is perfect - Daylight Mind has the best view of any restaurant in the downtown Kona area.

We couldn't have ask for a better day or better place to have our wedding - we wish we could do it all over again! Our wedding was everything we had imagined and more - the team at Daylight Mind truly helped bring our vision to life.

Maddie & Connor

Daylight Mind Events 36
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/11/2019

THE Best Wedding Venue!

My husband and I were married at Daylight Mind in March 2019. From the very beginning of planning our destination wedding, Julia held our hands, answering any and all questions, emails, and thinking of details I never would have imagined. I booked the venue site unseen because of the incredible pictures and reviews - trust me, it's even more gorgeous than the photos. The event space and deck are literally on the water - the ceremony site is gorgeous and the sunset at the reception was breathtaking. Our guests have not stopped talking about how perfect our wedding was - from the incredible venue, the AMAZING food (get the short ribs!), and super helpful staff and bar tenders. Don't hesitate to make this choice for your special day - we will be reminiscing about it forever! Thank you, Julia, and all the staff at DLM!

Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy Brown · Married on 03/08/2019

Wedding Went Flawless!

Julia & her team are so amazing. You can confidently put your trust in her to get you everything you want. I feel like I owe her so much more. This venue is also sooo affordable.

Sent on 04/30/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 37
  • Lancelot

Lancelot Elarionoff Jr · Married on 03/01/2019

The absolutely must have wedding venue!

By far, the BEST decision we made for our special day, was selecting Daylight Mind as our venue for both ceremony and reception! During the months leading to our wedding day, Julia and Michelle were the most patient and accommodating coordinators we could have hoped for. Since we were having a destination wedding, there was a natural level of anxiety trying to determine the how’s and where’s without stepping foot in and around the venue itself. Communication was key, and these two kept us up to speed, informed, and always made sure our questions were answered quickly, with recommended solutions to any perceived hiccups we envisioned or feared. They handled all our last minute requests flawlessly. We love the fact they provided a recommended vendor list – it saved us so much time and energy in trying to determine who could support an event at Daylight Mind. For us, Hawaii Sound & Vision, Grace Flowers, Beauty Lux Salon, and Rev Libby were so friendly, helpful and went above and beyond. We have to admit, all the 5-star reviews and beautiful social media posts don’t even come close to describing just how AMAZING this venue and staff truly are – YOU MADE OUR DAY UNFORGETTABLE! Forever thankful – Lancelot & Britni Elarionoff

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 38
    Daylight Mind Events 39

Amanda Litzinger · Married on 01/26/2019

Perfection in Paradise!

I can’t recommend it enough - Daylight Mind was simply the best wedding venue. From the ceremony setting and reception view, to the delicious food and cake, our wedding at Daylight Mind felt like a dream. We planned the wedding from the mainland and everything turned out spot on. Don’t hesitate to ask for recommendations - Julia helped us pick our signature cocktail and our guests still talk about it today! :) The layout of the reception space was also perfect and allowed for an awesome dance party! What truly separates Daylight Mind from others is Julia and her team. They were so organized, friendly, and flexible. We had a few last minute changes and everyone was incredibly accommodating. Julia was a godsend the day of the wedding! She made us feel comfortable right away and confident that everything was handled. I was able to enjoy every moment of the day, knowing Julia and the team were on it. We’re so happy we chose Daylight Mind and can’t wait to visit again!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Alli · Married on 01/12/2019

Dream Wedding at Daylight Mind

Our wedding day could not have been more amazing thanks to Julia and the staff at Daylight Mind. I did most planning via email and Julia was so responsive which helped keep my mind at ease. She also recommended vendors which was so helpful in narrowing down my search. Julia was so attentive and made sure the day went smoothly. Anytime I needed her, she was right there. The staff took care of setting up all our decor and it looked flawless. Our guests raved about how amazing the food was! Probably the best food we had our entire stay on the island. I was so appreciative as they easily accommodated my requests for dairy free and vegetarian. Having our wedding at Daylight Mind was the best decision we made and we would highly recommend to anyone looking to get married in Hawaii. You will get the wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 40
    Daylight Mind Events 41
    Daylight Mind Events 42
    Daylight Mind Events 43
  • Meike

Meike Vandonge · Married on 11/16/2018

Best decision - gorgeous views, great team!

We can't say enough amazing things about our wedding at Daylight Mind and Julia! In addition to being an incredible value, the location is spectacular, even better in person than in the photos you see online! Communication and organization with Julia was great! Julia made us confident that our wedding was going to be amazing even though we were planning from a distance! Gorgeous views!! Delicious food!! We had the fish & coconut curry tofu. Our guests (we had 72) continue to talk about how wonderful and fun our wedding was and the delicious food! The fact that we could do almost everything through Daylight Mind (ceremony and reception, food, cake, lighting, favors...), made everything so much easier! Thank you Julia and Daylight MInd for all that you did to make our day amazing!!!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 49
    Daylight Mind Events 50
    Daylight Mind Events 51

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Mahalo for your review, Meike! I just shared my first of your wedding photos on the Daylight Mind Events instagram, and I can't wait to share more. You and Mark were lovely to work with and the alpacas visiting Daylight Mind were icing on the cake! - Julia Pittman and the Daylight Mind Team

Lance Vick · Married on 11/11/2018

Ocean View Wedding Venue at Daylight Mind

We had an amazing wedding at the Daylight Mind Coffee Company. Julia was extremely helpful and had so many great tips about how to make it a perfect day. The wedding photos turned out great and her suggestions about when to do them was excellent. The venue was beautiful, the food and service were amazing, and our guests had a wonderful time. Julia handled so many of the details and made it stress-free so that we could really just focus on enjoying the celebration with our guests. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Rachele

Rachele Santos · Married on 11/10/2018

So beautiful, so easy

Planning a wedding is difficult, big or small. However, Daylight mind with Julia and her team, made it as easy as possible. We love the big island, we live here, so it was a no brainier to pick Daylight mind. The setting is stunning and the location perfect. Julia and her team were always quick to respond and help, and she was do so supportive along the way.
    Something important to me was food and my family LOVED IT (and they can be critics). We took out own pictures at the venue to save money and the wonderful thing about the backdrop is that it is so beautiful anyone can take a stunning picture.
    The icing on the cake is that it's so affordable. Where else in Hawaii can you find an oceanfront venue that is priced so well?
    Thank you, Julia and your team for helping make my wedding perfect

Sent on 12/25/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 52
    Daylight Mind Events 53
    Daylight Mind Events 54
    Daylight Mind Events 55

Aloha Rachele,
    Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!! We are so grateful for you and Anthony. I am so happy to know that we'll be running into you two around town and can follow your love story!
    Julia and the Daylight Mind team

Stephanie Aguirre · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing Service and View

I wish there were more than just five stars and 3,500 words to talk about how amazing this venue was. The pictures of this venue (and the very active Instagram posts) cannot even begin to describe how beautiful this place is. The view on the top deck literally takes your breath away the moment you set foot upstairs. The space is perfect for an intimate setting but you still have enough room to dance the night away or form a pretty great conga line. The food was the best food you could have imagined. We received many amazing compliments on our food options! And the menu options are so versatile that even the pickiest eaters (and we had a few) could find something to eat on our Luau Buffett. The fact that they not only provide the food as well as make the cake for you is really unheard of at any venue. Can I please mention the cake a bit more...for neither my husband or I prefer cake and we both were so in love with the cake that they made us! It was the best and most amazing cake I think I have ever had. The options range from the very basic to a fun adventure of flavors you never knew existed. Words cannot express how thankful we are for Julia and her amazing team. She literally answered any question throughout the year of preparation as well as helped us create a day of time line that fit in everything we wanted. Julia was so pleasant and personable and everything a bride and groom need to have a wonderful wedding. The staff as well that served the food and the amazing bartenders were all so amazing and sweet that you felt you had known them forever. Thank you Julia and team for helping us execute the best day of our lives and we cannot wait to visit Daylight Mind again!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Aloha Stephanie, thank you SO SO much for this amazing review! You and Mitch were so wonderful and it was our good luck that you found us. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to Kona!
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/08/2018

Our Dream Wedding

We are SO glad we had our wedding and reception at Daylight Mind. The location is AMAZING with the sun setting and the waves crashing behind you. The food was delicious and our cake tasted as great as it looked. The drinks were great as well and I love that Daylight worked with us to create a food and drink menu that fit into our budget. The BEST part of booking our wedding at Daylight however is the staff. They alone are worth the venue fee. Julia and her team are professional, friendly, reliable, and with you every step of the way to answer questions and give recommendations. It truly felt like they were celebrating right along with us on our wedding day. It’s a big decision on where to have your wedding, especially if you’re a destination bride, so let me put your mind at ease and tell you book at Daylight Mind! It will be the BEST decision you make!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 61
    Daylight Mind Events 62
    Daylight Mind Events 63

Aloha Ashleigh,

You two were amaaaazing! We loved getting to know your families and being a part of your wedding. We wish you two lots of happiness and new adventures in Germany!

Jaclyn · Married on 08/25/2018

We had the best time on our wedding day at Daylight Mind! Planning was super breezy with Julia and not once was I stressed during wedding planning! Everything was perfect, the food was amazing, service was top notch, and the atmosphere was so nice overlooking the water. I would highly recommend this venue for couples! I would like to do vow renewals here one day!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Aloha Jaclyn,

Thank you so much for this lovely review! I wish I could post that picture I took of you here - you were beautiful and had such an amazing sunset! Mahalo and we hope to see you for your anniversaries in the coming years!

Lindsey · Married on 08/24/2018

I can't say enough about how wonderful Daylight Mind is! My family and I were on the big island for a week before the wedding, as a Cat. 5 hurricane approached us. My rehearsal dinner venue (not daylight) closed the night before, along with the rest of the island, but Daylight was determined to make my dream wedding happen! They closed their restaurant and improvised with last minute moving around, so that our wedding could go off without a hitch! Even more impressive, our wedding was small - only 30 people, and they still bent over backwards to make it the best night of my life!! I cannot thank them enough! would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Julia Choi · Married on 08/23/2018

Best decision ever

My husband and I got married in August when Hurricane Lane hit the island. Nobody expected this would happen right on the week that we're getting married, and of course, we were not sure whether we could do our reception as we planned. However, Julia and her team were so prepared and went out of their way to make our night so special. Everybody loved food and drinks, and beautiful space with fantastic ocean view. They also made THE BEST wedding cake ever, which my guests are still talking about. Finally, we have them to prepare wedding favours for our guests, which were a pack of Kona coffee that were roasted on our wedding day and cookies. We were so impressed by the quality of the coffee and cute packaging. Overall, we couldn't be happier about our decision to have our reception at Daylight Mind Coffee Company.

Sent on 11/01/2018