Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Leahi · Getting married on 05/25/2020

WOW. The only word to encompass the venue, the food, and Julia! Our wedding reception was flawless. The decor was perfect, the food was top notch , and Julia even had a plate of appetizers waiting for us when we made our way to the venue after pictures. Every person there commented on how kind the staff was and how amazing eveything looked. She answered every email and question I had for her, even pertaining to things outside the reception. You can’t go wrong with a venue on the water and a coordinator that is up with the best of the best. Thank you Julia and Daylight Mind!

Sent on 08/08/2018

Aloha Leahi,

I have your thank you card hanging in my office! I loved getting to help you and Ryan with your wedding reception, and I still see your dad around town. I look forward to seeing you two when you come home to visit!

Madison · Married on 03/23/2019

Wonderful from start to finish!

As soon as we got engaged, my husband and I knew we wanted a simple, elegant destination wedding. I searched all over the Hawaiian Islands and happened upon Daylight Mind. We initially worked with Julia, who was so helpful and patient while we worked out the details of our date and what exactly we wanted for our wedding. We ended up working with Alycia, who was just as wonderful! She made sure she knew exactly what our vision was for our big day and was patient through all of my indecisiveness and changes in menu and plan.

The price of the venue and food, etc is an incredible value for how beautiful the space is and how incredible their food is - our guests are still talking about how much they loved the food and cocktails - what I’d give for another Lilikoi Margarita! The poke and sweet potato au gratin were especially popular among our guests. We even came back twice after the wedding, for lunch and breakfast, which were also amazing. The location is perfect - Daylight Mind has the best view of any restaurant in the downtown Kona area.

We couldn't have ask for a better day or better place to have our wedding - we wish we could do it all over again! Our wedding was everything we had imagined and more - the team at Daylight Mind truly helped bring our vision to life.

Maddie & Connor

Daylight Mind Events 16
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 03/11/2019

THE Best Wedding Venue!

My husband and I were married at Daylight Mind in March 2019. From the very beginning of planning our destination wedding, Julia held our hands, answering any and all questions, emails, and thinking of details I never would have imagined. I booked the venue site unseen because of the incredible pictures and reviews - trust me, it's even more gorgeous than the photos. The event space and deck are literally on the water - the ceremony site is gorgeous and the sunset at the reception was breathtaking. Our guests have not stopped talking about how perfect our wedding was - from the incredible venue, the AMAZING food (get the short ribs!), and super helpful staff and bar tenders. Don't hesitate to make this choice for your special day - we will be reminiscing about it forever! Thank you, Julia, and all the staff at DLM!

Sent on 03/31/2019
  • Lancelot

Lancelot Elarionoff Jr · Married on 03/01/2019

The absolutely must have wedding venue!

By far, the BEST decision we made for our special day, was selecting Daylight Mind as our venue for both ceremony and reception! During the months leading to our wedding day, Julia and Michelle were the most patient and accommodating coordinators we could have hoped for. Since we were having a destination wedding, there was a natural level of anxiety trying to determine the how’s and where’s without stepping foot in and around the venue itself. Communication was key, and these two kept us up to speed, informed, and always made sure our questions were answered quickly, with recommended solutions to any perceived hiccups we envisioned or feared. They handled all our last minute requests flawlessly. We love the fact they provided a recommended vendor list – it saved us so much time and energy in trying to determine who could support an event at Daylight Mind. For us, Hawaii Sound & Vision, Grace Flowers, Beauty Lux Salon, and Rev Libby were so friendly, helpful and went above and beyond. We have to admit, all the 5-star reviews and beautiful social media posts don’t even come close to describing just how AMAZING this venue and staff truly are – YOU MADE OUR DAY UNFORGETTABLE! Forever thankful – Lancelot & Britni Elarionoff

Sent on 03/07/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 17
    Daylight Mind Events 18

Amanda Litzinger · Married on 01/26/2019

Perfection in Paradise!

I can’t recommend it enough - Daylight Mind was simply the best wedding venue. From the ceremony setting and reception view, to the delicious food and cake, our wedding at Daylight Mind felt like a dream. We planned the wedding from the mainland and everything turned out spot on. Don’t hesitate to ask for recommendations - Julia helped us pick our signature cocktail and our guests still talk about it today! :) The layout of the reception space was also perfect and allowed for an awesome dance party! What truly separates Daylight Mind from others is Julia and her team. They were so organized, friendly, and flexible. We had a few last minute changes and everyone was incredibly accommodating. Julia was a godsend the day of the wedding! She made us feel comfortable right away and confident that everything was handled. I was able to enjoy every moment of the day, knowing Julia and the team were on it. We’re so happy we chose Daylight Mind and can’t wait to visit again!

Sent on 03/11/2019

Alli · Married on 01/12/2019

Dream Wedding at Daylight Mind

Our wedding day could not have been more amazing thanks to Julia and the staff at Daylight Mind. I did most planning via email and Julia was so responsive which helped keep my mind at ease. She also recommended vendors which was so helpful in narrowing down my search. Julia was so attentive and made sure the day went smoothly. Anytime I needed her, she was right there. The staff took care of setting up all our decor and it looked flawless. Our guests raved about how amazing the food was! Probably the best food we had our entire stay on the island. I was so appreciative as they easily accommodated my requests for dairy free and vegetarian. Having our wedding at Daylight Mind was the best decision we made and we would highly recommend to anyone looking to get married in Hawaii. You will get the wedding of your dreams!

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 19
    Daylight Mind Events 20
    Daylight Mind Events 21
    Daylight Mind Events 22
  • Meike

Meike Vandonge · Married on 11/16/2018

Best decision - gorgeous views, great team!

We can't say enough amazing things about our wedding at Daylight Mind and Julia! In addition to being an incredible value, the location is spectacular, even better in person than in the photos you see online! Communication and organization with Julia was great! Julia made us confident that our wedding was going to be amazing even though we were planning from a distance! Gorgeous views!! Delicious food!! We had the fish & coconut curry tofu. Our guests (we had 72) continue to talk about how wonderful and fun our wedding was and the delicious food! The fact that we could do almost everything through Daylight Mind (ceremony and reception, food, cake, lighting, favors...), made everything so much easier! Thank you Julia and Daylight MInd for all that you did to make our day amazing!!!

Sent on 01/14/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 28
    Daylight Mind Events 29
    Daylight Mind Events 30

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Mahalo for your review, Meike! I just shared my first of your wedding photos on the Daylight Mind Events instagram, and I can't wait to share more. You and Mark were lovely to work with and the alpacas visiting Daylight Mind were icing on the cake! - Julia Pittman and the Daylight Mind Team

Lance Vick · Married on 11/11/2018

Ocean View Wedding Venue at Daylight Mind

We had an amazing wedding at the Daylight Mind Coffee Company. Julia was extremely helpful and had so many great tips about how to make it a perfect day. The wedding photos turned out great and her suggestions about when to do them was excellent. The venue was beautiful, the food and service were amazing, and our guests had a wonderful time. Julia handled so many of the details and made it stress-free so that we could really just focus on enjoying the celebration with our guests. Highly recommended!

Sent on 01/07/2019
  • Rachele

Rachele Santos · Married on 11/10/2018

So beautiful, so easy

Planning a wedding is difficult, big or small. However, Daylight mind with Julia and her team, made it as easy as possible. We love the big island, we live here, so it was a no brainier to pick Daylight mind. The setting is stunning and the location perfect. Julia and her team were always quick to respond and help, and she was do so supportive along the way.
    Something important to me was food and my family LOVED IT (and they can be critics). We took out own pictures at the venue to save money and the wonderful thing about the backdrop is that it is so beautiful anyone can take a stunning picture.
    The icing on the cake is that it's so affordable. Where else in Hawaii can you find an oceanfront venue that is priced so well?
    Thank you, Julia and your team for helping make my wedding perfect

Sent on 12/25/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 31
    Daylight Mind Events 32
    Daylight Mind Events 33
    Daylight Mind Events 34

Aloha Rachele,
    Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!! We are so grateful for you and Anthony. I am so happy to know that we'll be running into you two around town and can follow your love story!
    Julia and the Daylight Mind team

Stephanie Aguirre · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing Service and View

I wish there were more than just five stars and 3,500 words to talk about how amazing this venue was. The pictures of this venue (and the very active Instagram posts) cannot even begin to describe how beautiful this place is. The view on the top deck literally takes your breath away the moment you set foot upstairs. The space is perfect for an intimate setting but you still have enough room to dance the night away or form a pretty great conga line. The food was the best food you could have imagined. We received many amazing compliments on our food options! And the menu options are so versatile that even the pickiest eaters (and we had a few) could find something to eat on our Luau Buffett. The fact that they not only provide the food as well as make the cake for you is really unheard of at any venue. Can I please mention the cake a bit more...for neither my husband or I prefer cake and we both were so in love with the cake that they made us! It was the best and most amazing cake I think I have ever had. The options range from the very basic to a fun adventure of flavors you never knew existed. Words cannot express how thankful we are for Julia and her amazing team. She literally answered any question throughout the year of preparation as well as helped us create a day of time line that fit in everything we wanted. Julia was so pleasant and personable and everything a bride and groom need to have a wonderful wedding. The staff as well that served the food and the amazing bartenders were all so amazing and sweet that you felt you had known them forever. Thank you Julia and team for helping us execute the best day of our lives and we cannot wait to visit Daylight Mind again!

Sent on 12/18/2018

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Aloha Stephanie, thank you SO SO much for this amazing review! You and Mitch were so wonderful and it was our good luck that you found us. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to Kona!
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/08/2018

Our Dream Wedding

We are SO glad we had our wedding and reception at Daylight Mind. The location is AMAZING with the sun setting and the waves crashing behind you. The food was delicious and our cake tasted as great as it looked. The drinks were great as well and I love that Daylight worked with us to create a food and drink menu that fit into our budget. The BEST part of booking our wedding at Daylight however is the staff. They alone are worth the venue fee. Julia and her team are professional, friendly, reliable, and with you every step of the way to answer questions and give recommendations. It truly felt like they were celebrating right along with us on our wedding day. It’s a big decision on where to have your wedding, especially if you’re a destination bride, so let me put your mind at ease and tell you book at Daylight Mind! It will be the BEST decision you make!

Sent on 10/30/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 40
    Daylight Mind Events 41
    Daylight Mind Events 42

Aloha Ashleigh,

You two were amaaaazing! We loved getting to know your families and being a part of your wedding. We wish you two lots of happiness and new adventures in Germany!

Jaclyn · Married on 08/25/2018

We had the best time on our wedding day at Daylight Mind! Planning was super breezy with Julia and not once was I stressed during wedding planning! Everything was perfect, the food was amazing, service was top notch, and the atmosphere was so nice overlooking the water. I would highly recommend this venue for couples! I would like to do vow renewals here one day!

Sent on 09/06/2018

Aloha Jaclyn,

Thank you so much for this lovely review! I wish I could post that picture I took of you here - you were beautiful and had such an amazing sunset! Mahalo and we hope to see you for your anniversaries in the coming years!

Lindsey · Married on 08/24/2018

I can't say enough about how wonderful Daylight Mind is! My family and I were on the big island for a week before the wedding, as a Cat. 5 hurricane approached us. My rehearsal dinner venue (not daylight) closed the night before, along with the rest of the island, but Daylight was determined to make my dream wedding happen! They closed their restaurant and improvised with last minute moving around, so that our wedding could go off without a hitch! Even more impressive, our wedding was small - only 30 people, and they still bent over backwards to make it the best night of my life!! I cannot thank them enough! would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Julia Choi · Married on 08/23/2018

Best decision ever

My husband and I got married in August when Hurricane Lane hit the island. Nobody expected this would happen right on the week that we're getting married, and of course, we were not sure whether we could do our reception as we planned. However, Julia and her team were so prepared and went out of their way to make our night so special. Everybody loved food and drinks, and beautiful space with fantastic ocean view. They also made THE BEST wedding cake ever, which my guests are still talking about. Finally, we have them to prepare wedding favours for our guests, which were a pack of Kona coffee that were roasted on our wedding day and cookies. We were so impressed by the quality of the coffee and cute packaging. Overall, we couldn't be happier about our decision to have our reception at Daylight Mind Coffee Company.

Sent on 11/01/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 43
    Daylight Mind Events 44
    Daylight Mind Events 45
    Daylight Mind Events 46

Abby · Married on 08/18/2018

The staff of Daylight Mind Events made my wedding dreams come true. Not only was the location absolutely beautiful, but the staff was accommodating and genuine. Even my guests commented on how personable the staff was during the wedding. I would 100% recommend this venue to future couples. It’s perfection.

Sent on 08/26/2018

Natasha · Married on 08/14/2018

I cannot say enough about this place! Daylight Mind in Kona has the most beautiful view, delicious food, and an OUTSTANDING wedding planner in Alycia. Alycia helped us with scheduling every tiny detail and was both accommodating and thoughtful. I love the fact that everything was online, organized, and completed in a timely fashion. I didn’t have to rifle through strings of email messages to see where we were at.
    For those of you with celiac / gluten-allergies – this is THE place to go. Everything on the menu for our event, including the cake and pupus, was gluten-free! Daylight Mind even made gluten-free white chocolate macadamia nut ice cream sandwiches for the kids. The food was over-the-top delicious. No one could tell that it was all gluten-free. Alycia pre-ordered in scotch for our picky scotch drinkers. The wait staff and bartenders at Daylight Mind were attentive and friendly.
    Our guests said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. I have to thank all of the staff at Daylight Mind for making August 14, 2018 perfect – especially Alycia!

Sent on 08/28/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 47

Ariana · Married on 08/11/2018

If you're reading this because you're looking for the perfect wedding reception venue, stop searching immediately and book Daylight Mind!

You may have read multiple reviews about how awesome Julia is--let me tell you that every word is true. Julia is our new best friend. She was easygoing, patient, responsive, and flexible. She bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect (literally, when one of our Amazon shipments accidentally got thrown away, she dug through the dumpster herself to get it).

We're from California and decided to take a chance on this venue without having visited the Big Island before because it checked all the boxes: significantly cheaper than every other venue we came across in Hawaii (everything is catered in-house since it's a restaurant/coffee shop/bakery); overlooking the water; outdoors; and near a Catholic church. We visited the island 6 months before our wedding to do a tasting, and when we saw the venue for the first time in-person, we knew immediately that we made the right choice--the pictures simply don't do it justice. The food is amazing (our guests raved about the bacon-wrapped scallops, avocado fries, and taro au gratin). For dessert, Julia let us do cake and two types of ice cream sandwiches because we are indecisive children.

The view is incredible as it is, so Julia's team added simple decor to the tables and strung bistro lights and we were set. Our wedding was flanked by two hurricanes so it was pretty rainy during the reception, but our guests still had an amazing time as we were all herded to take cover in the dance floor/buffet area. Julia even handed us appetizer plates, dinner plates, and drinks--again, going above and beyond your typical wedding coordinator.

Overall, Daylight Mind was perfect for our simple, laid-back, intimate, budget-conscious, beachside destination wedding. We couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. Thanks again to Julia and the entire team--can't wait to come back and visit!

Sent on 09/03/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 48

shirley · Married on 08/08/2018

If you're looking to get married in Hawaii, particularly the Big Island, look no further than Daylight Mind Coffee Company. This venue and their incredible staff will exceed your every expectation.

Well-situated in central Kona, Daylight Mind is perched in a building that overlooks the water. We got married by a pair of coconut trees on a grassy lawn with nothing but a lava rock retaining wall between us and the ocean on the side of the building. Our reception was held on the top/second floor of the building and views from that level are simply breathtaking. The lanai was able to comfortably host banquet style seating for 28 of us with room to spare. This included space for dancing (under the sails), a DJ booth, plus a photo booth on the far side of the lanai. The interior space was spacious enough for the buffet and we had full run of the gorgeous bar area with its vaulted ceilings and wood beams.

The food was amazing! From the bacon-wrapped scallops and avocado fries to the grass-fed beef short ribs, Daylight Mind offers a menu that will please the most discriminating palette. In fact, they'll work with you to accommodate a number of food allergies and meal requirements.

None of the above would have been at all possible without Julia and her team of stars. Together, they made the entire process seamless. From the planning stages to the execution, Julia was responsive, quick to suggest additional vendors and ideas for things we may have missed, and an unexpected ear and sounding board. The supporting staff was equally wonderful in ensuring a worry-free wedding. Note, we got married in early August and even impending hurricanes do not phase them! Rain or shine (we lucked out with the shine and an incredible sunset), Daylight Mind will deliver!

Location, view, ambiance, food, service, staff – simply the perfect venue for our intimate, laid-back and budget-conscious island wedding. Thanks for all the great memories!

Sent on 10/02/2018
    Daylight Mind Events 53
    Daylight Mind Events 54

Julia · Married on 08/01/2018

Dreamy Hawaiian Wedding

If you are looking for an adorable intimate venue, Daylight Mind is the perfect place for your wedding!

My husband and I visit the Big Island every year with my family and wanted something that was intimate and memorable, not something generic that can be done at a big resort. In fact, he proposed to me the Summer of 2017 on the Big Island and before we headed home to California we toured the various wedding locations at a very well-known resort in Waikoloa. The wedding planner on-site showed us about five possible locations on the property that we could use for the ceremony and/or reception site. We fell in love with one of the five and even reserved it for our planned August 2018 wedding. A few days after returning home we were required to put down our deposit with the resort, but yet something didn't quite feel right. Of course it was a beautiful, popular venue and everything would go off without a hitch, but that was also its inherent problem - it was popular and it functioned like a machine because so many weddings occurred there day in and day out. Additionally, at a resort it is easy for your wedding to be watched by resort guests, thus making it more of a spectacle for uninvited guests to watch, than a private intimate experience for your own friends and family. The special 'unique' factor was missing for us. We wanted it to feel like our own memory that we could remember for years to come, not a wedding that is 'cookie-cutter'.

My mother actually discovered Daylight Mind's wedding venue through Wedding Wire and other wedding sites. We had always visited the Daylight Mind restaurant location when we stayed in Waikoloa for breakfast, yet never saw the Kailua-Kona location in-person. Although it bothered me a bit to consider a venue that we hadn't even set foot in, the reviews on WeddingWire and elsewhere about Daylight were unforgettable. If you are skeptical of booking sight unseen, trust the reviews and experiences of others who have been in your same position.

We worked with Alycia, who was phenomenal! She was so sweet, accommodating, quick to respond to emails, and extremely helpful on the big day and throughout the months before. The oceanfront views are spectacular. The bistro lighting was affordable and really added a special wow factor to the patio for the reception. We brought a great deal of our own items - lanterns, flatware, decor, napkins, runners, etc. - for the space at the reception, which Alycia allowed us to store at Daylight a few days before the wedding. My mom and I designed everything ourselves and had a vision in mind for the reception that Alycia and her team delivered perfectly. The food was absolutely delicious and abundant - we had boxes and boxes of leftovers. For appetizers, we went with the 'passed pupus' of the kalua pork sliders, bacon wrapped scallops, caprese skewers, and the avocado fries (yum!). For salad, we went with the caesar salad and paid extra for the tropical fruit platter. Our entrees consisted of the furikake crusted fish with the wasabi cream, braised short ribs, and teriyaki chicken. The sides that we selected were the local style macaroni salad, green beans with mac nuts, and the seasonal vegetable risotto. For our cake we went with a coconut cake with vanilla bean buttercream and liliko'i (passion fruit) curd. In terms of the bar, we did an open bar with a max price point. Also, we selected a hibiscus mule (stunning drink in both flavor and visually with an actual preserved hibiscus flower in the glass!) and a lava flow (had a little fun with the active volcano) as our two signature cocktails.

Overall, we had an intimate wedding that we will never forget and we have the talents of Alycia and the beauty and magic Daylight Mind to thank for that!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/24/2018

Everything about Daylight Mind made our wedding absolutely perfect. Julia helped move everything along at the right times to keep any stress away from me. She was very helpful in the planning process as well. You can't beat the value you get with this venue, they included our food, cake, alcohol and coordinating for well under any other venue. We felt very well taken care of and their main focus was on us for the day. Wouldn't change anything! Also, the reception location on the lanai was amazing, the pictures are gorgeous and we had the best views all night.

Sent on 08/07/2018
  • Mimi

Mimi · Married on 07/10/2018

Amazing wedding experience

The venue, it’s staff, food and drinks are amazing! There are not enough words to express how great Daylight Mind really is. We reserved our space and date with Julia. As it got closer to the actual date we worked more closely with Alycia. Both of the ladies were patient, lovely, and caring.
    Alycia, Julia, and their team were amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. It was easy to communicate and coordinate with Alycia. They decorated and set everything up beautifully. We did a walk through the week before and she went over everything with us. Everyone loved the food, drinks and cake.
    Alycia was also our coordinator the day of and was on it! She was able to keep me calm and keep it fun all at the same time. She handled my insanely high maintenance family so well and we just cannot thank her enough. We had an amazing wedding and she truly understood what we wanted and had envisioned for our special day.
    We wanted everyone to feel like family and they really delivered. I felt like everyone working our wedding was enjoying it just as much as we were. Everyone was highly impressed with the food and omg the dessert was the best wedding cake I have ever had in my entire life. I hate frosting and our wedding cake frosting was to die for.

Sent on 10/26/2018

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Julia and the staff at Daylight Mind went above and beyond to make our reception worry free. From the get-go, Juila was prompt to respond to e-mails regarding any questions we had. She paid close attention to detail and remembered things my Husband and liked (examples: I am vegan and my hubby loves PBR beer). Since we live on the Big Island, we were able to do a tasting to decide on the food served the night of reception and a wine tasting to determine which wines would be served, as well. The staff was great that evening. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The location of the venue makes it an easy choice for your venue, but the staff make it an even easier choice. I would highly recommend Daylight Mind for your celebratory venue.

Sent on 08/07/2018

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2018

Words cannot even describe how wonderful it wa to hold our wedding ceremony & reception at Daylight Mind. My now husband and I had never been to DLM or the Big Island, but given all the great online reviews and photos in addition to the great price point, we decided it was absolutely the best place for our wedding. Since we live on the mainland, we did all the coordination online. As you may imagine, this caused a few jitters for this bride, but Alycia & the crew at DLM made the process as easy and stress-free as could be. Alycia was always so timely and helpful when responding to all my questions and concerns. She made sure everything was perfect on our big day so that I didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even made a custom sign for the signature cocktails since I was not on top of that game upon arrival (yes she is that amazing of a coordinator & person!). The views of the ocean, shoreline, and sunset could not be matched, and the online photos can’t even do the views justice (even though the online photos are gorgeous). It was a truly magical experience, and I highly recommend to any couple considering a wedding at DLM: just do it. You will be absolutely overjoyed that you did!

Sent on 07/03/2018

Amy · Married on 06/01/2018

Wow! Everything about our experience with Daylight Mind was above and beyond. We were planning a 40-person from Los Angeles without ever seeing the venue, and Alycia took excellent care of us. From deciding on the menu, quickly responding to emails, staying within our budget, recommending vendors, and handling the wedding day, we never had to break a sweat because Alycia had us covered. Everything was so easy and stress-free, it was almost hard to believe! I was super super impressed and am grateful for everyone we worked with for our wedding in Kailua-Kona.

Sent on 06/19/2018