Daylight Mind Events Reviews

Daylight Mind Events 5
Daylight Mind Events 6
Daylight Mind Events 7

Leahi · Getting married on 05/25/2020

WOW. The only word to encompass the venue, the food, and Julia! Our wedding reception was flawless. The decor was perfect, the food was top notch , and Julia even had a plate of appetizers waiting for us when we made our way to the venue after pictures. Every person there commented on how kind the staff was and how amazing eveything looked. She answered every email and question I had for her, even pertaining to things outside the reception. You can’t go wrong with a venue on the water and a coordinator that is up with the best of the best. Thank you Julia and Daylight Mind!

Aloha Leahi,

I have your thank you card hanging in my office! I loved getting to help you and Ryan with your wedding reception, and I still see your dad around town. I look forward to seeing you two when you come home to visit!

• Meike

Meike Vandonge · Married on 11/16/2018

Best decision - gorgeous views, great team!

We can't say enough amazing things about our wedding at Daylight Mind and Julia! In addition to being an incredible value, the location is spectacular, even better in person than in the photos you see online! Communication and organization with Julia was great! Julia made us confident that our wedding was going to be amazing even though we were planning from a distance! Gorgeous views!! Delicious food!! We had the fish & coconut curry tofu. Our guests (we had 72) continue to talk about how wonderful and fun our wedding was and the delicious food! The fact that we could do almost everything through Daylight Mind (ceremony and reception, food, cake, lighting, favors...), made everything so much easier! Thank you Julia and Daylight MInd for all that you did to make our day amazing!!!

Sent on 01/16/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 18
    Daylight Mind Events 19
    Daylight Mind Events 20

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Mahalo for your review, Meike! I just shared my first of your wedding photos on the Daylight Mind Events instagram, and I can't wait to share more. You and Mark were lovely to work with and the alpacas visiting Daylight Mind were icing on the cake! - Julia Pittman and the Daylight Mind Team

Lance Vick · Married on 11/11/2018

Ocean View Wedding Venue at Daylight Mind

We had an amazing wedding at the Daylight Mind Coffee Company. Julia was extremely helpful and had so many great tips about how to make it a perfect day. The wedding photos turned out great and her suggestions about when to do them was excellent. The venue was beautiful, the food and service were amazing, and our guests had a wonderful time. Julia handled so many of the details and made it stress-free so that we could really just focus on enjoying the celebration with our guests. Highly recommended!

• Rachele

Rachele Santos · Married on 11/10/2018

So beautiful, so easy

Planning a wedding is difficult, big or small. However, Daylight mind with Julia and her team, made it as easy as possible. We love the big island, we live here, so it was a no brainier to pick Daylight mind. The setting is stunning and the location perfect. Julia and her team were always quick to respond and help, and she was do so supportive along the way.
    Something important to me was food and my family LOVED IT (and they can be critics). We took out own pictures at the venue to save money and the wonderful thing about the backdrop is that it is so beautiful anyone can take a stunning picture.
    The icing on the cake is that it's so affordable. Where else in Hawaii can you find an oceanfront venue that is priced so well?
    Thank you, Julia and your team for helping make my wedding perfect

Sent on 01/03/2019
    Daylight Mind Events 21
    Daylight Mind Events 22
    Daylight Mind Events 23
    Daylight Mind Events 24

Aloha Rachele,
    Mahalo, mahalo, mahalo!! We are so grateful for you and Anthony. I am so happy to know that we'll be running into you two around town and can follow your love story!
    Julia and the Daylight Mind team

Stephanie Aguirre · Married on 10/26/2018

Amazing Service and View

I wish there were more than just five stars and 3,500 words to talk about how amazing this venue was. The pictures of this venue (and the very active Instagram posts) cannot even begin to describe how beautiful this place is. The view on the top deck literally takes your breath away the moment you set foot upstairs. The space is perfect for an intimate setting but you still have enough room to dance the night away or form a pretty great conga line. The food was the best food you could have imagined. We received many amazing compliments on our food options! And the menu options are so versatile that even the pickiest eaters (and we had a few) could find something to eat on our Luau Buffett. The fact that they not only provide the food as well as make the cake for you is really unheard of at any venue. Can I please mention the cake a bit more...for neither my husband or I prefer cake and we both were so in love with the cake that they made us! It was the best and most amazing cake I think I have ever had. The options range from the very basic to a fun adventure of flavors you never knew existed. Words cannot express how thankful we are for Julia and her amazing team. She literally answered any question throughout the year of preparation as well as helped us create a day of time line that fit in everything we wanted. Julia was so pleasant and personable and everything a bride and groom need to have a wonderful wedding. The staff as well that served the food and the amazing bartenders were all so amazing and sweet that you felt you had known them forever. Thank you Julia and team for helping us execute the best day of our lives and we cannot wait to visit Daylight Mind again!

Sent on 12/19/2018

Daylight Mind Events's reply:

Aloha Stephanie, thank you SO SO much for this amazing review! You and Mitch were so wonderful and it was our good luck that you found us. We look forward to seeing you on future visits to Kona!
  • Ashleigh

Ashleigh · Married on 10/08/2018

Our Dream Wedding

We are SO glad we had our wedding and reception at Daylight Mind. The location is AMAZING with the sun setting and the waves crashing behind you. The food was delicious and our cake tasted as great as it looked. The drinks were great as well and I love that Daylight worked with us to create a food and drink menu that fit into our budget. The BEST part of booking our wedding at Daylight however is the staff. They alone are worth the venue fee. Julia and her team are professional, friendly, reliable, and with you every step of the way to answer questions and give recommendations. It truly felt like they were celebrating right along with us on our wedding day. It’s a big decision on where to have your wedding, especially if you’re a destination bride, so let me put your mind at ease and tell you book at Daylight Mind! It will be the BEST decision you make!

Daylight Mind Events 25
    Daylight Mind Events 30
    Daylight Mind Events 31
    Daylight Mind Events 32

Aloha Ashleigh,

You two were amaaaazing! We loved getting to know your families and being a part of your wedding. We wish you two lots of happiness and new adventures in Germany!

Jaclyn · Married on 08/25/2018

We had the best time on our wedding day at Daylight Mind! Planning was super breezy with Julia and not once was I stressed during wedding planning! Everything was perfect, the food was amazing, service was top notch, and the atmosphere was so nice overlooking the water. I would highly recommend this venue for couples! I would like to do vow renewals here one day!

Aloha Jaclyn,

Thank you so much for this lovely review! I wish I could post that picture I took of you here - you were beautiful and had such an amazing sunset! Mahalo and we hope to see you for your anniversaries in the coming years!

Lindsey · Married on 08/24/2018

I can't say enough about how wonderful Daylight Mind is! My family and I were on the big island for a week before the wedding, as a Cat. 5 hurricane approached us. My rehearsal dinner venue (not daylight) closed the night before, along with the rest of the island, but Daylight was determined to make my dream wedding happen! They closed their restaurant and improvised with last minute moving around, so that our wedding could go off without a hitch! Even more impressive, our wedding was small - only 30 people, and they still bent over backwards to make it the best night of my life!! I cannot thank them enough! would HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Julia Choi · Married on 08/23/2018

Best decision ever

My husband and I got married in August when Hurricane Lane hit the island. Nobody expected this would happen right on the week that we're getting married, and of course, we were not sure whether we could do our reception as we planned. However, Julia and her team were so prepared and went out of their way to make our night so special. Everybody loved food and drinks, and beautiful space with fantastic ocean view. They also made THE BEST wedding cake ever, which my guests are still talking about. Finally, we have them to prepare wedding favours for our guests, which were a pack of Kona coffee that were roasted on our wedding day and cookies. We were so impressed by the quality of the coffee and cute packaging. Overall, we couldn't be happier about our decision to have our reception at Daylight Mind Coffee Company.

Daylight Mind Events 33
    Daylight Mind Events 34
    Daylight Mind Events 35
    Daylight Mind Events 36

Abby · Married on 08/18/2018

The staff of Daylight Mind Events made my wedding dreams come true. Not only was the location absolutely beautiful, but the staff was accommodating and genuine. Even my guests commented on how personable the staff was during the wedding. I would 100% recommend this venue to future couples. It’s perfection.

Natasha · Married on 08/14/2018

I cannot say enough about this place! Daylight Mind in Kona has the most beautiful view, delicious food, and an OUTSTANDING wedding planner in Alycia. Alycia helped us with scheduling every tiny detail and was both accommodating and thoughtful. I love the fact that everything was online, organized, and completed in a timely fashion. I didn’t have to rifle through strings of email messages to see where we were at.
    For those of you with celiac / gluten-allergies – this is THE place to go. Everything on the menu for our event, including the cake and pupus, was gluten-free! Daylight Mind even made gluten-free white chocolate macadamia nut ice cream sandwiches for the kids. The food was over-the-top delicious. No one could tell that it was all gluten-free. Alycia pre-ordered in scotch for our picky scotch drinkers. The wait staff and bartenders at Daylight Mind were attentive and friendly.
    Our guests said that this was the best wedding they had ever attended. I have to thank all of the staff at Daylight Mind for making August 14, 2018 perfect – especially Alycia!

Daylight Mind Events 37

Ariana · Married on 08/11/2018

If you're reading this because you're looking for the perfect wedding reception venue, stop searching immediately and book Daylight Mind!

You may have read multiple reviews about how awesome Julia is--let me tell you that every word is true. Julia is our new best friend. She was easygoing, patient, responsive, and flexible. She bent over backwards to make sure everything was perfect (literally, when one of our Amazon shipments accidentally got thrown away, she dug through the dumpster herself to get it).

We're from California and decided to take a chance on this venue without having visited the Big Island before because it checked all the boxes: significantly cheaper than every other venue we came across in Hawaii (everything is catered in-house since it's a restaurant/coffee shop/bakery); overlooking the water; outdoors; and near a Catholic church. We visited the island 6 months before our wedding to do a tasting, and when we saw the venue for the first time in-person, we knew immediately that we made the right choice--the pictures simply don't do it justice. The food is amazing (our guests raved about the bacon-wrapped scallops, avocado fries, and taro au gratin). For dessert, Julia let us do cake and two types of ice cream sandwiches because we are indecisive children.

The view is incredible as it is, so Julia's team added simple decor to the tables and strung bistro lights and we were set. Our wedding was flanked by two hurricanes so it was pretty rainy during the reception, but our guests still had an amazing time as we were all herded to take cover in the dance floor/buffet area. Julia even handed us appetizer plates, dinner plates, and drinks--again, going above and beyond your typical wedding coordinator.

Overall, Daylight Mind was perfect for our simple, laid-back, intimate, budget-conscious, beachside destination wedding. We couldn't imagine having it anywhere else. Thanks again to Julia and the entire team--can't wait to come back and visit!

Daylight Mind Events 38

shirley · Married on 08/08/2018

If you're looking to get married in Hawaii, particularly the Big Island, look no further than Daylight Mind Coffee Company. This venue and their incredible staff will exceed your every expectation.

Well-situated in central Kona, Daylight Mind is perched in a building that overlooks the water. We got married by a pair of coconut trees on a grassy lawn with nothing but a lava rock retaining wall between us and the ocean on the side of the building. Our reception was held on the top/second floor of the building and views from that level are simply breathtaking. The lanai was able to comfortably host banquet style seating for 28 of us with room to spare. This included space for dancing (under the sails), a DJ booth, plus a photo booth on the far side of the lanai. The interior space was spacious enough for the buffet and we had full run of the gorgeous bar area with its vaulted ceilings and wood beams.

The food was amazing! From the bacon-wrapped scallops and avocado fries to the grass-fed beef short ribs, Daylight Mind offers a menu that will please the most discriminating palette. In fact, they'll work with you to accommodate a number of food allergies and meal requirements.

None of the above would have been at all possible without Julia and her team of stars. Together, they made the entire process seamless. From the planning stages to the execution, Julia was responsive, quick to suggest additional vendors and ideas for things we may have missed, and an unexpected ear and sounding board. The supporting staff was equally wonderful in ensuring a worry-free wedding. Note, we got married in early August and even impending hurricanes do not phase them! Rain or shine (we lucked out with the shine and an incredible sunset), Daylight Mind will deliver!

Location, view, ambiance, food, service, staff – simply the perfect venue for our intimate, laid-back and budget-conscious island wedding. Thanks for all the great memories!

Daylight Mind Events 39
    Daylight Mind Events 40
    Daylight Mind Events 41
    Daylight Mind Events 42
    Daylight Mind Events 43
    Daylight Mind Events 44

Julia · Married on 08/01/2018

Dreamy Hawaiian Wedding

If you are looking for an adorable intimate venue, Daylight Mind is the perfect place for your wedding!

My husband and I visit the Big Island every year with my family and wanted something that was intimate and memorable, not something generic that can be done at a big resort. In fact, he proposed to me the Summer of 2017 on the Big Island and before we headed home to California we toured the various wedding locations at a very well-known resort in Waikoloa. The wedding planner on-site showed us about five possible locations on the property that we could use for the ceremony and/or reception site. We fell in love with one of the five and even reserved it for our planned August 2018 wedding. A few days after returning home we were required to put down our deposit with the resort, but yet something didn't quite feel right. Of course it was a beautiful, popular venue and everything would go off without a hitch, but that was also its inherent problem - it was popular and it functioned like a machine because so many weddings occurred there day in and day out. Additionally, at a resort it is easy for your wedding to be watched by resort guests, thus making it more of a spectacle for uninvited guests to watch, than a private intimate experience for your own friends and family. The special 'unique' factor was missing for us. We wanted it to feel like our own memory that we could remember for years to come, not a wedding that is 'cookie-cutter'.

My mother actually discovered Daylight Mind's wedding venue through Wedding Wire and other wedding sites. We had always visited the Daylight Mind restaurant location when we stayed in Waikoloa for breakfast, yet never saw the Kailua-Kona location in-person. Although it bothered me a bit to consider a venue that we hadn't even set foot in, the reviews on WeddingWire and elsewhere about Daylight were unforgettable. If you are skeptical of booking sight unseen, trust the reviews and experiences of others who have been in your same position.

We worked with Alycia, who was phenomenal! She was so sweet, accommodating, quick to respond to emails, and extremely helpful on the big day and throughout the months before. The oceanfront views are spectacular. The bistro lighting was affordable and really added a special wow factor to the patio for the reception. We brought a great deal of our own items - lanterns, flatware, decor, napkins, runners, etc. - for the space at the reception, which Alycia allowed us to store at Daylight a few days before the wedding. My mom and I designed everything ourselves and had a vision in mind for the reception that Alycia and her team delivered perfectly. The food was absolutely delicious and abundant - we had boxes and boxes of leftovers. For appetizers, we went with the 'passed pupus' of the kalua pork sliders, bacon wrapped scallops, caprese skewers, and the avocado fries (yum!). For salad, we went with the caesar salad and paid extra for the tropical fruit platter. Our entrees consisted of the furikake crusted fish with the wasabi cream, braised short ribs, and teriyaki chicken. The sides that we selected were the local style macaroni salad, green beans with mac nuts, and the seasonal vegetable risotto. For our cake we went with a coconut cake with vanilla bean buttercream and liliko'i (passion fruit) curd. In terms of the bar, we did an open bar with a max price point. Also, we selected a hibiscus mule (stunning drink in both flavor and visually with an actual preserved hibiscus flower in the glass!) and a lava flow (had a little fun with the active volcano) as our two signature cocktails.

Overall, we had an intimate wedding that we will never forget and we have the talents of Alycia and the beauty and magic Daylight Mind to thank for that!

Samantha · Married on 07/24/2018

Everything about Daylight Mind made our wedding absolutely perfect. Julia helped move everything along at the right times to keep any stress away from me. She was very helpful in the planning process as well. You can't beat the value you get with this venue, they included our food, cake, alcohol and coordinating for well under any other venue. We felt very well taken care of and their main focus was on us for the day. Wouldn't change anything! Also, the reception location on the lanai was amazing, the pictures are gorgeous and we had the best views all night.

• Mimi

Mimi · Married on 07/10/2018

Amazing wedding experience

The venue, it’s staff, food and drinks are amazing! There are not enough words to express how great Daylight Mind really is. We reserved our space and date with Julia. As it got closer to the actual date we worked more closely with Alycia. Both of the ladies were patient, lovely, and caring.
    Alycia, Julia, and their team were amazing! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day. It was easy to communicate and coordinate with Alycia. They decorated and set everything up beautifully. We did a walk through the week before and she went over everything with us. Everyone loved the food, drinks and cake.
    Alycia was also our coordinator the day of and was on it! She was able to keep me calm and keep it fun all at the same time. She handled my insanely high maintenance family so well and we just cannot thank her enough. We had an amazing wedding and she truly understood what we wanted and had envisioned for our special day.
    We wanted everyone to feel like family and they really delivered. I felt like everyone working our wedding was enjoying it just as much as we were. Everyone was highly impressed with the food and omg the dessert was the best wedding cake I have ever had in my entire life. I hate frosting and our wedding cake frosting was to die for.

Sarah · Married on 06/30/2018

Julia and the staff at Daylight Mind went above and beyond to make our reception worry free. From the get-go, Juila was prompt to respond to e-mails regarding any questions we had. She paid close attention to detail and remembered things my Husband and liked (examples: I am vegan and my hubby loves PBR beer). Since we live on the Big Island, we were able to do a tasting to decide on the food served the night of reception and a wine tasting to determine which wines would be served, as well. The staff was great that evening. Everyone was friendly and accommodating. The location of the venue makes it an easy choice for your venue, but the staff make it an even easier choice. I would highly recommend Daylight Mind for your celebratory venue.

Lauren · Married on 06/29/2018

Words cannot even describe how wonderful it wa to hold our wedding ceremony & reception at Daylight Mind. My now husband and I had never been to DLM or the Big Island, but given all the great online reviews and photos in addition to the great price point, we decided it was absolutely the best place for our wedding. Since we live on the mainland, we did all the coordination online. As you may imagine, this caused a few jitters for this bride, but Alycia & the crew at DLM made the process as easy and stress-free as could be. Alycia was always so timely and helpful when responding to all my questions and concerns. She made sure everything was perfect on our big day so that I didn’t have to worry about a thing. She even made a custom sign for the signature cocktails since I was not on top of that game upon arrival (yes she is that amazing of a coordinator & person!). The views of the ocean, shoreline, and sunset could not be matched, and the online photos can’t even do the views justice (even though the online photos are gorgeous). It was a truly magical experience, and I highly recommend to any couple considering a wedding at DLM: just do it. You will be absolutely overjoyed that you did!

Amy · Married on 06/01/2018

Wow! Everything about our experience with Daylight Mind was above and beyond. We were planning a 40-person from Los Angeles without ever seeing the venue, and Alycia took excellent care of us. From deciding on the menu, quickly responding to emails, staying within our budget, recommending vendors, and handling the wedding day, we never had to break a sweat because Alycia had us covered. Everything was so easy and stress-free, it was almost hard to believe! I was super super impressed and am grateful for everyone we worked with for our wedding in Kailua-Kona.

Daylight Mind Events 45
    Daylight Mind Events 46
    Daylight Mind Events 47

Kimberly · Married on 05/14/2018

WOW! Where to begin!
    My mom & I actually emailed Julia & asked if we could visit the venue, I was in the area & had recently gotten engaged. The venue seemed so dreamy on the pictures, I just had to see it for myself if it was true. & boy was it EVEN BETTER! It’s so quaint & intimate, a coffee shop on the beach. The pictures can only do so much, because once you see it in person, it’ll take your breath away.
    Over the course of a year, Julia & I emailed back & forth. She is one of the most patient, helpful, & understanding people you will meet! & if anyone has ever tried to do anything over email, you know there are challenges; Julia executed email communication flawlessly! This definitely helped me stay at ease since I was planning my destination wedding. Since we didn’t know the area very well, we took a trip to Big Island to do some hotel searches, but Julia still helped us find all sorts of wedding services;m.
    When the time came to choose our menu; Julia sent over the tasting menu, & while we were on our trip to Big Island, we were able to try the AMAZING food. I have a gluten sensitivity, which they absolutely catered to (we ended up doing a GF shoyu salmon)! We also ended up doing macarons for our desert, which were the best macarons I have ever had & am so glad we had them as an option!
    The weekend of the wedding we held our rehearsal where Julia seriously made me feel so at ease & comfortable; I didn’t know a few of the traditions, such as walking orders & she swooped in to save the day. I remember my husband telling me he was glad she was able to help us.
    On the day of the wedding, Julia was there to ensure that everything went smoothly & anchored us during our magical whirlwind of a night.
    There is so much more that I could say, but the biggest thing; Julia & Daylight Mind made our wedding our DREAM wedding, they made us feel comfortable & at ease, & worked with us with so much ALOHA spirit.

Daylight Mind Events 48
    Daylight Mind Events 49

Janelle · Married on 04/29/2018

I live in California and planned a destination wedding here at Daylight Mind in Kona — I was incredibly impressed with the super fast responsiveness of Julia and her team! She truly has made the wedding planning process for me seamless and enjoyable. She helped me 100% of the way and I don’t think I could have done it without her. From the beginning I told her I had a tight budget and she worked with me to make all my wedding wishes come true, all while staying within my budget threshold. I am truly amazed with my experience with her and the Daylight Mind team.

I highly recommend this beautiful venue.

Kylie · Married on 04/26/2018

For my wedding, I dreamed of a low stress environment with beautiful scenery. I dreamed of soft colors, the sound of the ocean, and breathtaking views of the ocean during dinner. I dreamed of good music, and an intimate environment to marry my best friend, with all of our closest friends and family as our witnesses. Julia and Daylight Mind provided all of those things for me, and more!

I planned our wedding from Oregon, and from the moment I first reached out to Julia I knew that the Daylight Mind was the perfect place for our destination wedding! We did not think that we would be able to make it out to Kona prior to the wedding, so we booked the Daylight Mind after only talking to Julia a few times, and did so with confidence. When I finished nursing school a few months later, my hubby surprised me with a last minute trip over to see the venue and do some planning. I quickly contacted Julia, and with a weeks notice she was able to set up food, drink, and cake tastings with us. She sat with us for hours and got to know our vision, and made me feel so at ease! Each email I sent, Julia either had an answer for me, or knew someone to get into touch with. There were many instances where I wondered if I was asking too much, and Julia assured me that she was more than happy to help! She constantly put me at ease, and I knew I was in the best possible hands.
    Our food menu:
    Strawberry spinach
    Vegetable risotto, Green beans with mac nuts
    Beef Teriyaki, Furikake crusted fresh catch w/wasabi cream sauce
    Coconut cake w/ pastry cream filling and cream cheese frosting, and Coconut cake w/ lilikoi mouse filling (lighter creamy lilikoi flavor), and cream cheese frosting
    Beer/wine + Lilikoi Margarita and hibiscus mule
    Guests truly ranted and raved about the food, drinks, and cake! As I am sitting here writing this review I am salivating and wishing I could have it again!

I 100% recommend Julia and Daylight Mind for the PERFECT wedding!

Daylight Mind Events 50

Dani · Married on 04/21/2018

Julia and her team at Daylight Mind are AMAZING! She made planning a destination wedding a walk in the park, from vendor suggestions to coordinating the day of. The pictures of the venue are beautiful but once you're there in person your mind will.be.blown! The food was amazing and the cake... To die for! If I could have our wedding there every weekend I would! 10/10 A+++ Would wedding again!

Katie · Married on 02/08/2018

From start to finish our experience at Daylight Mind Coffee was amazing!!! I spent months prior to the wedding emailing with Julia back and forth. She was so responsive, friendly and always giving me feedback when I asked. I was pretty nervous at the beginning about planning my wedding but Julia really put my mind at ease. We met with her a few days before the wedding to go over everything and she is just as sweet and helpful in person.
    Daylight Mind really has everything right there. Location, amazing view, tables, chairs, linens, plates, catering, baker, drinks, etc.
    Our wedding far exceeded our expectations! It was so perfect and so much fun! The sunset that night was amazing and we got some great photos. The food at Daylight Mind was some of the best food we have ever had and the cake also from Daylight Mind was to die for! Our family and friends are still talking about the food and cake! The staff took such good care of us all night!
    If you are looking for a wedding venue I can’t tell you how happy we were with this decision! I’m already thinking about when we can go back to re new our vows!! Thank you Daylight Mind, Julia and staff for such an amazing night that we will forever remember.