Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist Reviews

60 | Chevy Chase, MD

60 Reviews for Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist

Stacey · Married on 05/20/2011

Dawn was AMAZING!!! I live in FL and had my wedding in PA so I did not have an opportunity to have a trial make up session. In addition, I do not wear a lot of make-up on a daily basis, so I was not sure if I was going to be too overdone. Dawn worked with me via e-mail get a photo of me so she was prepared for my complexion and skin type. She truly made me look like the best version of me for my special day. Thanks Dawn!!!!

Sent on 08/22/2011

Afua · Married on 04/09/2011

Dawn did my make-up for my engagement photos. She was excellent to work with and very professional and personable. She listened to the look I had in mind, and hit it right on. Thanks Dawn it wasd great working with you :)

Sent on 06/05/2011

BRANDY · Married on 12/11/2010

Let me say one thing about Dawn Newsome and the professionals at Pro's @ artistry, I am one to not wear makeup everyday and really to always be in the miror but I wanted to look different with some class on my speical day. Dawn did just that and more. Even though we have been married 8 months now I still love looking at myself on my wedding day. I recieved SOOOOOO many great comments about my makeup and just how natural it made me look. I felt like a pure queen that day. And my maid of honor also got her makeup done and wow, Dawn transformered her!!!!!! The price was extremely reasonable and had done a lot of research with different makeup vendors before making my decision. I will always have her number on standby for any occassion I need to look my best for. THANKS AGAIN DAWN!!!

Sent on 08/19/2011

Erica · Married on 10/01/2010

Dawn Newsome is the best make up artist! I was referred to Dawn from a co worker who told me that she did excellent work for my wedding. The day of the wedding Dawn was very professional. She arrived on time even when myself or my bridal party hadn't arrived yet. Dawn came prepared with lots of different colors, foundations, and she even bought an assistant. Dawn knew exactly what look we all wanted. Dawn's sense of style and creativity definitely shines through her work. Dawn made myself and my bridal party look beautiful! My bridal party as well as guest from the wedding are still commenting on how beautiful we looked. Dawn made me feel absolutely beautiful.After seeing my face,I was completely ready to walk down the aisle. I would definitely book Dawn to do my make up again!

Sent on 11/02/2010

Donna · Married on 08/07/2015

I would recommend Dawn Newsome for any special event, wedding or a fun night out if you want to look your most beautiful and best! She is not only a talented makeup artist who can make you feel gorgeous, but she is so professional that is so reassuring and calming to you especially on such a busy day. My wedding was unique in that due to personal matters we had to postpone our wedding for a year. It was very heartbreaking, yet Dawn stayed with me not only as my make up artist but became a friend for support. She was understanding and patient. Then when we finally had everything in place my hairstylist backs out, however Dawn was there to the rescue. Her recommendation of a wonderful hairstylist once again reassuring support saved the day. Everyone looked beautiful. This was a second marriage so I am not a young bride however, she made me feel like one. She is great at what she does! I am so happy she stuck it out with me. It made me feel like she cares----and she does!

Sent on 01/28/2016

Naima · Married on 04/06/2014

I LOVE DAWN!!! From the day i met her for my makeup trial run and she made me look amazing I knew i wanted her to do my makeup for the wedding day. She made me and my bridesmaids look amazing on my wedding day. Her level of professionalism is outstanding and she is able to work fast and still get everyone done in a way that is not rushed. My mom and mom in law were also very pleased with how they looked. Everyone looked like their BEST selves. I would totally recommend Dawn for wedding day makeup artistry.

Sent on 05/02/2014

Lisa · Married on 10/04/2014

I hate makeup. I really do. But Dawn was able to make me look beautiful for my wedding day without the look of a caked on mask of makeup. I didn't feel stiff or constrained by my makeup like I normally do and my friends loved that I still looked like myself but glowing. They were worried I'd come out looking like a made up doll and it would be such a stark contrast on my wedding day since I never wear makeup.

Dawn listened to all my concerns and really made me feel beautiful when I was convinced that I'd walk away disappointed. I'm so happy that this non-girly bride went with Dawn. She has a wide range of skills that included creating a look that wasn't a dramatic thick layer of colored eyeshadow.

Sent on 11/29/2014

Lilia · Married on 04/12/2014

I loved it, she works so well. Everyone had to do with my beautiful make up! could not have asked for better!

Sent on 06/22/2014

Rosalind · Married on 05/24/2013

It was absolutely wonderful working with Dawn!
    From the very beginning, she was very patient with me, especially when I got the wrong amount in cash for the trial and had to run out to the bank!

The make up the day of was completely not what we had tried for the trial though. Dawn had misplaced her notes for the trial, but thankfully I had all my sample pictures on my ipad. From that, Dawn was able to create a new look for my wedding the day of....which I thought was WAY better than what we had originally decided at the trial!

In general, the quality of the application was absolutely flawless. I danced the night away, sweated up a storm in my super heavy dress, and yet pictures at the end of the night showed me still as a radiant, beautiful bride, without a single speck of make up out of place, no panda eyes, and no smearing. My only complaint is that while I'm pretty sure I asked Dawn to use waterproof mascara/eyeliner, pictures our photographer took of my crying at the alter showed black make up running down my face.

In general though, Dawn is a true artist, with a sure hand, and a wonderful eye for bringing out the natural beauty of a bride. I was concerned because it's generally hard to find a make up artist for Asian skin (too many of them want to use purples/blue on the lids...etc.), but the final result couldn't have been any better. Thank you so much Dawn!

Sent on 11/20/2013

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Hi Rosalind, thanks for the review. I'm so sorry to hear that the liner or mascara ran. I'm shocked that has not happen before, I would think that waterproofed products would work on everyone. I do great apologize for the inconvenience. Best wishes

Dawn did an awesome job in doing my makeup the day of my wedding. she is a master at making your eyes look amazing- she made my baby blues pop and people take notice of my always been there long lashes. She was professional and easy to work with and I'm so glad she was able to do my makeup.

Sent on 09/25/2012