Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist Reviews

60 | Chevy Chase, MD

60 Reviews for Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist

Helai · Married on 05/11/2013

Dawn did a thoroughly amazing job on my wedding day bridal makeup. I have never been one to wear a lot of makeup (nor do I have the skills to aptly apply it) and Dawn made sure my wedding makeup was incredibly natural and very complimentary. I had an incredibly diverse group for my bridal party and Dawn was able to accentuate everyone's personal look with ease.
    What was particularly wonderful was that we had initially stated that only 4 of us would be getting our makeup done - but sure enough, as soon as the rest of the party saw how great Dawn was everyone lined up for their turn. Dawn was able to do makeup for all 10 of us in the same amount of time and without cutting any corners.

I would recommend Dawn's services to anyone!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Hi Helai, Thank you for such a fantasic review. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day! Thanks again! Best wishes

Corinna · Married on 03/23/2013

Dawn did an incredible job in doing make-up for me and for my bridesmaids. I wanted a natural look for my make-up and I was really happy with what Dawn did - it was beautiful yet natural!! I felt great and beautiful on my wedding in large part due to Dawn. Dawn was also able to do our make-up quickly which is really important at a wedding where several people need to have their make-up done and there is limited time.

I would highly recommend Dawn and she is great work with!

Sent on 11/27/2013
  • F

Felicia · Married on 03/09/2013

I booked Dawn Newsome for my March 2013 wedding and was thrilled with her work! Julian my now husband, still comments on how beautiful I was on our wedding day. Dawn made me feel natural and beautiful but special for the big day. I was satisfied with my trial session with Dawn but on the day of the wedding when she saw my wedding gown she said she had to “GLAM ME UP” a bit more and that is exactly what she did without making it too much. My aunt said Dawn made me look 5lbs thinner, which was a compliment for me. When the doors of the church opened Julian’s mouth opened and eyes widened. Dawn is a consummate professional; her private studio is clean and comfortable a perfect setting for trial sessions. She arrived on time, set-up and was ready to work. Dawn had no problem staying on schedule. Most important she made sure I was calm and kept me way from the buzz going on around me.

Sent on 12/04/2013
  • Chauncia

Chauncia · Married on 12/22/2012

Dawn did an AWESOME job. I got so many compliments on my makeup on my wedding day. She met me at a local hotel and was on time and professional. Dawn remember the exact look I was going for from my makeup trial months prior, and recreated it perfectly! She was pleasent and even gave my Maid of Honor some pro advice on her makeup application even though she was not a client. Dawn also provided me with a kit so that I can touch up my makeup during the reception to keep that fresh look. I would highly recommend her to any bride, anywhere. Again she is GREAT and her work is flawless!

Sent on 01/02/2013

Camille · Married on 12/15/2012

On the day of my wedding Dawn arrived at 7am to set up, the wedding party was still in bed. I was excited because she actually got the party started for us. Some of mu brides maids didnt wear makeup, so to see their transformation was awesome. I am look forward to taking make up classes to enhance my every day look.....she's the best!!!!

Sent on 02/19/2013

Mary · Married on 12/09/2012

Dawn is a truly talented artist! I have never felt more beautiful than the day of my wedding. I was going for a classic "Old Hollywood" look and she was right on point. I had changed the makeup style from what I had originally asked for at my pre wedding trial, but Dawn didn't miss a beat. She was exactly in tune with the new look I was describing. My skin was FLAWLESS...and I have trouble with redness and blotches so this was something that was important to me! Also, she is a genius when it comes to eyebrows! Mine have never looked better! People don't realize how much this can change the features in a face and really bring out the eyes.

Dawn did makeup for my sisters and mother as well. My mom was really nervous about having hers done (she is not a woman that is open to change as far as her makeup routine) but I insisted she get pampered. Dawn was so patient with her and really listened to her concerns. They came up with a beautiful "natural" look that highlighted and enhanced my mom's best features.

I could not have been happier with Dawn's work! She is nothing short of amazing! I would honestly recommend her to anyone for their wedding day!

Sent on 02/18/2013

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks Mary for such a wonderful review, I could not have written a better one myself! It means a lot to me & my business. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day!
  • NormaKevin

Norma · Married on 10/20/2012

Dawn is Amazing! She rescued me at the very last minute and accommodated what turned out to be 13 Ladies of all ages, moms, bridesmaids, sisters, junior bridesmaids, flower girls. Unfortunately all my ladies decided to sign up for makeup at the very last minute, (a week or two before) including myself. I thought I would do my own make up but changed my mind and Dawn made it seem easy to do so :). She came out and brought assistants to help and finish everyone on time without rushing anyone. My Bridesmaids later told me that they had never felt so beautiful. I felt just as amazing as they did, I was very confident through my pictures. Even after kissing and hugging over 200 guest I still felt and looked amazing. My make up never moved or changed. If it had she provided me with a touch up kit and gave all my girls touch up lip glosses as well.

Sent on 02/19/2013

Emily · Married on 09/01/2012

Dawn is fabulous, a true professional, a real talent and a wonderfully calming presence on the craziest day of your life. We had a fun and relaxed trial at her lovely in-home studio with me and two of my girl friends. We talked about what kind of look I wanted for my wedding, what my "every day" look is like, and I felt like we'd find a good medium. I left there feeing done up but still like myself. On my wedding day she arrived right on time (maybe a tad early, yay!), and set up shop in my suite. We had my handful of bridesmaids go first, and then me and she even had time built in for a couple of girls to make game-time decisions. She got all five of us done in about two hours. I felt amazing, like my best self. I wasn't nervous all day until I sat still in her chair, but she was so calm and we just had a great time. Dawn can teach you a thing or two about how to do your own makeup too!

Sent on 09/11/2012
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 06/23/2012

Dawn was absolutely wonderful! My make-up was flawless the entire day!

Sent on 07/11/2012

Clarencia · Married on 06/02/2012

Dawn was a pleasure to work with from my trial appointment to the day of my wedding. Priot to meeting, she asked me to send pictures of the look I was trying to achieve. The trial appointment was fun and she helped me get comfortable with being "made up" and with the idea of wearing false eyelashes. I didn't want them at first but they really do look great in photos! On the day of the wedding, she arrived early to set up her equipment and was ready to work at our agreed upon start time. Her calm and easy going personality was a Godsend because it was a frantic day. Dawn used her expertise to create a polised, natural look that was appropriate for my daytime wedding. She also did a fabulous job with my mother and maid of honor's makeup. The makeup application was a special treat for my mom who really enjoyed the movie star treatment for the day. I would highly recommend Dawn's services to any bride!

Sent on 07/22/2012

Gidget · Married on 05/26/2012

I had the pleasure of meeting Dawn Newsome w/ Pro's @ Artistry after experiencing a horrific make up testing with another vendor. Upon meeting Dawn, I was very pleased with her professionalism and demeanor. She arrived in enough time before myself as she had all makeup and applications in order/organized and was waiting for me. As I am a stickler about time, that impressed me very much! After she had me sit, she asked me how did I want to look on my special day (not how she planned to make me look). I was very exact about the look I was trying to achieve. Dawn exceeded my expectations and this was just the test. I fell in love with her immediately. She was professional, she showed a love for makeup/art, she communicated the whole while to inform me of what she was applying and the look it should be expected to give me and I loved the fact that she valued my opions/suggestions.

The day of my wedding, Dawn out-did herself!! When I got out of her chair, I could not believe how beautiful my face looked. I was FLAWLESS! To this day people who have attended my wedding are still complimenting on how beautiful I looked. That they compared me to a doll. Dawn has an amazing gift and a beautiful personality to go with it. For all my future events, she will be who I call on.

Thank you Dawn! I don't know what I would have done if I had not met you!

Sent on 06/22/2012

Ealia · Married on 05/13/2012

Dawn's makeup services were awesome! She was professional, personable and on time! My bridesmaids and I looked flawless. I never really wear makeup and she manage to make my natural beauty shine thorugh. Lets not forget about the eyelashes she applied, fabulous! I would use her again in a heartbeat! If you are looking for a makeup artist for your special day choose Dawn!

Sent on 07/23/2012
  • Traci

Traci · Married on 05/12/2012

Dawn just may be the best makeup artist! I found her after a bad experience with another vendor. At the trial I immediately knew I was in good hands. She listened to what I wanted, offered suggestions, and gave me beauty tips to ensure that my skin would be in great condition for the big day. My and my bridesmaids' makeup was better than I imagined it could be. She did a great job of making everyone look naturally beautiful. Do yourself a favor and hire Dawn!

Sent on 07/18/2012

Heather · Married on 04/27/2012

Dawn was great! I really felt comfortable and BEAUTIFUL in my makeup. All of my bridesmaids and my mother-in-law loved their makeup as well!

Sent on 07/17/2012

Kemi · Married on 04/07/2012

Dawn was excellent and if I had to choose again, I'll use her over and over again. Thanks for making me look simple, classy and fab on my wedding day.

Sent on 07/11/2012

Karen · Married on 01/07/2012

Dawn Newsome is one AWESOME make-up artist. Dawn made me look so beautiful on my wedding day. She arrived early and was ready to get to work. She has a great presence about her that makes you feel confident and comfortable in allowing her to work her magic. All my family and friends are still commenting on how well the make-up was applied and how it did not appear to be to much or too little. It was PERFECT. I would recommend Dawn to anyone. I will be using her again for any special event I may have. My new husband said that he had never seen me look so wonderful and radiant. What was amazing was that I was able to meet with Dawn months before my wedding and she fully explained the colors she would use and the make-up. On the day of the wedding, she provided exactly what she said she would and even more. She held my hand and stopped the tears from messing up my make-up in the process. Great Artist and a genuine person and I recommend anyone to trust her for any special event you may have..
    Thanks Dawn for being you!! The Happy Bride (Karen)

Sent on 02/02/2012

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks Karen your making me tear up now...It was such a pleasure to be apart of your big day!

Raiquel · Married on 09/24/2011

I was referred to Dawn when I was stood up by another makeup artist. My experience with her was like night and day -- professional, on time and responsive. I am a stickler for customer service so I was very pleased. Dawn was professional during my makeup trial and arrived to my bridal suite on time on my wedding day. My new husband was in awe with my wedding and trial makeup and said I looked like a superstar each time. I highly recommend Dawn for wedding and special event makeup.

Sent on 10/06/2011

karen · Married on 09/10/2011

Dawn Newsome of ProArtistry was fantastic. Highly professional, easy to get along with, so responsive, and she made me look beautiful for a day full of photographs. It was just the right level of makeup to make me feel comfortable and like myself while ensuing the pictures were stunning. I would highly recommend her!!! Thank you, Dawn!

Sent on 10/20/2011
  • Angelica

Angelica · Married on 09/10/2011

She was great! Her and her assistant were wonderful to work with. My bridesmaids and I looked beautiful.

Sent on 12/18/2011

Melinda · Married on 09/03/2011

I was fortunate enough to work with Dawn Newsome before and on the day of my wedding. Right from the start I felt comfortable and relaxed and it was evident that I was in good hands, Dawn is a true professional! She has years of experience and it shows. Since I live in DC and have a small, not extremely well lit apartment, I was able to hold my trial session in her home studio, which was conveniently located close to my office. Dawn really worked with me to discover a look that I felt not only comfortable with but also made me feel beautiful. I was worried about not "looking like myself" on my wedding day and I was really looking for someone who did an enhanced (and more professional) look of what I typically do myself, I found that in Dawn! A few of my bridesmaids got their make-up done as well for my wedding and they all cannot stop raving about the eyelash extensions and the incredible job she did on their make-up! In fact, one of my girls is going to use her for her own wedding. Additionally, my Mom got her make-up done and she looked,and consequently felt, beautiful. That was very important to me as I knew that it was a very special day for her as well and I wanted her to feel amazing too! I had my hair and make-up done in our hotel suite with all my girls and my Mom there, Dawn and her assistant stepped right in like they were old time friends and helped to make the experience relaxed as well as memorable. I highly recommend Dawn to anyone looking for an excellent make-up experience!

Sent on 10/18/2011

Ashlei · Married on 08/26/2011

Hire Dawn! She's a sweetheart and a talented makeup artist. She did 4 out of 6 of my wedding party on time! and we are all shades of the color palette and she just did amazing. Also she was really kind and flexible with me cause I lost my ATM card in the chaos of the wedding day.
    AND on top of that my mother was HOVERING over her inspecting everything (sorry about that Dawn) and she was cool as a cucumber.
    I have been trying to recreate my wedding eyebrows ever since Dawn did them and I still can't quite get it. Dawn, do an eyebrow seminar and I'm THERE. Would HIGHLY recommend.

Sent on 10/15/2011

Danielle · Married on 07/04/2011

I absolutely LOVED working with Dawn for my wedding! She was extremely professional and friendly. She made me look exactly like I hoped I would, and would highly recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 08/16/2011

Sara · Married on 06/25/2011

I had a wonderful experience with Dawn Newsome at my recent wedding in DC. Everything was coordinated with Dawn, who was professional, responsive, and so very nice to work with. Dawn and Pia E did makeup ( including individually applied eye lashes) to myself, my mother and my TEN bridesmaids ( all very different looking with different complexions and personal styles). They did a beautiful job on everyone. It was exactly what I had wanted for my natural bridal look and my bridesmaids all loved their makeup. Dawn and Pia travelled to our location, were very flexible and made the getting ready process go very smoothly, despite the number of people involved. I would strongly recommend Pros at Artistry.

Sent on 08/24/2011

Brittany · Married on 06/18/2011

Dawn and her team were fabulous to work with. They drove about 3 hours to come to my location. They were they on-time, very professional, and did a fantastic job for my wedding party and my make-up. I was so glad to have dependable people to work with on my special day!

Sent on 08/16/2011

B · Married on 05/20/2011

Dawn Newsome is wonderful and has great personality. She came to my home for the make-up trial. She listened to my concerns and requests. The day of Wedding, she was on time and did a wonderful job. The the price was pretty good. I highly recommend her service.

Sent on 08/15/2011