Dawn M Gibson Photography Reviews

54 | Buffalo, NY

54 Reviews for Dawn M Gibson Photography

Jenna · Married on 09/05/2015

Dawn is amazing at what she does! My husband and I typically hate being in and taking pictures (just not our thing!). Dawn made us feel completely comfortable and all the pictures felt so natural. She is creative, attentive, and responsive to our needs. We have a huge family and she was so well prepared to ensure we got every picture we wanted and more. I have never felt as beautiful as I do in Dawn's pictures, she made me feel so beautiful and confident on my wedding day. Worth every penny!

Sent on 11/03/2015

Jennifer · Married on 08/29/2015

Dawn was fantastic to work with and she helped make our day perfect. Even before the wedding, she was always available to talk about ideas and plans for the wedding. She was always on top of our schedule and called us to check in multiple times to make sure we could plan well ahead of time. The day of the wedding she went to the place where we were staying and took photos of the men getting ready. Then she came over to the venue to capture the girls getting ready for the day. Many of our bridal party commented on how professional she was and how she captured everything without being in your way. She suggested many great photo opportunities, and captured great candid photographs of the day. The photos were spectacular and we were so amazed at how many great photos we received. We even forgot to give her the rings to photograph the day of and she made a special trip to meet us the next day, just to take the photos. In looking at the photographs afterwards, we were able to relive all the great memories as well as see moments that we missed. The photographs were beautiful and artistic. Although she was by herself taking photographs, it seemed like there were multiple of her with all the diverse and extensive shots she was able to capture.

Tristan · Married on 08/29/2015

Dawn was one of the best parts of our wedding! Highly recommended if you want high quality, thoughtful photos of your special day. She was great to work with before the wedding. We met on skype a couple of times before the day and I left each meeting even more excited about our wedding. She was so energetic and excited and also was very professional as well. She was very accommodating and even came back the day after our wedding to photograph our wedding rings after we forgot on the day of our wedding!

Christine · Married on 08/15/2015

Dawn was an absolute pleasure to work with during our BIG day. The pictures came out beautifully! Not only was Dawn there for the big day but she was also there for me throughout my wedding process. Thank you Dawn for all you did from taking my engagement and wedding photos, checking out the churches for lighting, creating a wedding day itinerary, and much more!! Overall wonderful experience. Jason and I cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 11/29/2015

Erin · Married on 06/27/2015

Words cannot even begin to describe how beautiful our photos are. She totally caught the essence of our day. So much laughter, joy and fun!!!

We are so incredibly grateful for Dawn, her skills and her presence with us that very special day.

She is the BEST and an absolute joy to work with.

Sent on 11/06/2015

Ashley · Married on 06/20/2015

Dawn was professional and so much fun to work with. She was able to make us feel natural in front of the camera, helping to capture our true personalities. Dawn has a true talent for finding the balance of space in the frame, and isn't afraid to try new techniques - making for some amazing shots. Nearly all of our wedding guests commented on how friendly she was, and how stunning the photos turned out. Not only was she comforting to have on my team on my wedding day, but was supportive in the planning process. I would recommend Dawn over and over and over again.

jordan · Married on 05/30/2015

Dawn was absolutely the best photographer! She is flexible, was able to manage a crowd of my crazy friends and family, and the editing turned out amazing! She's the best!

Sent on 11/06/2015

Joanna · Married on 05/23/2015

Dawn is an absolutely fabulous photographer! We couldn't have asked for anyone better to capture our wedding! She did a great job in the months prior in setting everything up and answering all of our questions. I would highly recommend Dawn for anyone's special occasion!

Sent on 07/31/2015

Erin · Married on 11/08/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Dawn! She was so wonderful to work with because she's the perfect mixture of being very professional, artistic, and just fun to be around. We trusted her to direct us to different "back drops" for pictures, and I'm so glad we did this because she got some really cool and unique shots that I would have never thought of. I also really appreciated that she got such great candid shots which showed both us and our guests having fun without looking posed. The photos were edited beautifully. My only complaint is that it's too hard to pick which ones to frame! I highly recommend her to anyone looking for an awesome photographer who is a delight to work with :)

Sent on 03/11/2015

Nicole · Married on 09/27/2014

Dawn is truly one of THE best photographers I've ever had the pleasure of working with. Not only did the pictures surpass our expectations, but Dawn was sweet, funny, flexible and made us feel at ease the entire evening of our wedding reception. She really helped us plan out the special details of our event (from planning when to have certain activities occur to scheduling when we should meet, decorate, etc.) based on her experiences in seeing oh-so-many weddings in the past. I HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend Dawn, you seriously cannot go wrong!

Sent on 12/23/2014

I cannot recommend Dawn enough! she is hard working professional kind and loving! she went above and beyond during our wedding. we love Dawn!!

Sent on 08/10/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2014

I like to give pros and cons in any review that I write but I honestly cannot find one negative about working with Dawn. She's not only the sweetest and so easy to work with but she goes above and beyond when working with you. She listened to my requests and made everyone so comfortable on my wedding day. I'm in love with all of my photos and have been getting endless compliments on them. I cannot say enough good things about Dawn and her photography; you will never regret working with her!

Sent on 10/16/2014

Amanda · Married on 07/26/2014

I cannot say enough good things about Dawn and her photography. On one of the most important days of your life she makes sure to capture every little moment and detail, while making you feel comfortable and stress-free! She's absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 11/02/2015

Karen · Married on 06/14/2014

My husband and I met Dawn last year when she photographed my brother's wedding. My husband and I were both in the bridal party so we spent the entire day with Dawn. At the time, we were newly engaged and waiting for my brother's event to take place before we could really begin to celebrate our engagement and plan our wedding. Other than picking the date, selecting Dawn was one of the first and easiest decisions we made. Her vibrancy, enthusiasm, and passion is utterly contagious. After spending the day with her, we expressed our interest. A few months before our wedding, our venue closed without warning. We were not only out of a deposit, but out of a place! One of the first people to reach out to me to see if I was freaking out and to lend a helping hand, was Dawn. This isn't just a job or hobby for her. This is her passion and she really cares about her clients and builds relationships with them. Her talent is remarkable and she has an eye for details. My husband and I are 100 percent thrilled with our experience with Dawn, as well as our pictures. I am by no means a "girly girl" or the typical bride, but Dawn has a way of making everyone feel special on their special day.

Sent on 09/10/2014

Dawn Gibson is not only a fabulous photographer but is a wonderful person. She went above and beyond for our wedding day (as well as our engagement session). Working with someone as caring as Dawn made our wedding day so much less stressful. The photos exceeded our expectations and perfectly captured our happiest moments. Dawn goes above and beyond to make sure her clients are satisfied and we highly recommend her for any event!

Sent on 09/14/2014

Terry · Married on 01/18/2014

Dawn Gibson was a delight to work with. She and her assistant did an amazing job, took beautiful photos, and were very professional. I felt very comfortable entrusting her to capture the memories we were expecting and received.

Sent on 03/26/2014

Jennifer · Married on 01/18/2014

Dawn is amazing! From the start, Dawn was so helpful and responsive in planning our wedding photography. She addressed every detail and made us feel so comfortable and confident that every important moment would be captured. On the big day, we were so glad to have Dawn there to provide direction for our wedding party and family, and arrange beautiful scenes for photos. Everyone enjoyed working with her! We are very happy with our wedding photos and would highly recommend Dawn's services.

Sent on 05/20/2014
  • F

Ashley · Married on 11/08/2013

My husband and I are completely blown away by the work of Dawn M. Gibson! Dawn made Brian and I feel so comfortable on both our engagement photo shoot and the day of our wedding. She is so positive and a lot of fun to work with! My entire family and all of my friends loved the photos, and my sister-in-law loved working with Dawn so much that she also booked Dawn to be the photographer for her wedding this spring. I am completely in love with my wedding pictures and so happy that we made the decision to go with Dawn M. Gibson Photography<3

Sent on 01/31/2014

Alison · Married on 10/12/2013

Where do I even begin? Sigh. Dawn is just.... an absolute dream. She's not only a total sweetheart, who works so, so hard and goes the extra mile for people, she's also an incredible photographer. Being a good wedding photographer isn't just taking beautiful photos... it's so much more than that. It's having a vision. It's being able to make the best of every situation. It's being able to take charge of a group of distracted people and getting everyone where they need to be. It's making people feel comfortable in front of the camera, even if they are camera shy. It's paying attention to the tiniest of details (like, hey! you have a hair tie on your wrist!), while also being a pillar of support. Dawn goes above and beyond to be there for you on your wedding day. She's not there to take a predetermined list of photos, she's there to capture the most special day of your life. Dawn has the ability to pick out a setting that will make her subjects shine. She pays attention to the surroundings, the textures and the colors of the backdrops, and the lighting. She gives you tips on how to pose to look less awkward (which is great for me haha), and she is SO patient. She does all of this while being cool as a cucumber and sweet as pie. She was not only my wedding photographer, but also photographed my best friend's wedding this past weekend...and each time I was just so impressed with her. Even wedding guests came up to us to compliment how great our photographer was. I can't say enough how much I loved working with Dawn and would HIGHLY recommend her!

Sent on 07/25/2016

Lydia · Married on 08/10/2013

Dawn is absolutely the best wedding photographer out there. She captured so many memories of my wedding, from the big events to the minute details. All of her pictures look like they should be in a magazine!

Jenna · Married on 05/25/2013

Dawn is amazing! I cannot rave enough about her and her services! She will treat you like a queen on your day and make sure that you remember it perfectly! She is professional and compassionate! I cannot wait to see the photos! 100% worth it!

Sent on 06/20/2013

Jessica · Married on 08/25/2012

Dawn is beyond a pleasure to work with. She is kind, helpful, creative, and went above and beyond for both our engagement photos, and our wedding photos. I have received numerous compliments on the quality and perspective of our photos, and I will continue to use her services in the future. She is a rare gem in the wedding industry, and her easy going nature made us feel like we were longtime friends when we had just met her. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 03/09/2014

Lauren · Married on 07/21/2012

Dawn Gibson was our wedding photographer and I couldn't have asked for anyone better! Dawn met with us multiple times prior to our wedding day. We met once to talk logistics about what types of pictures I would like the day of the wedding. We also booked an engagement shoot so Dawn could learn about our personalities! During the engagement shoot, she had some innovative ideas for photographs and took advantage of the weird foggy weather we had that morning!

On our wedding day, Dawn was professional and polite and did a great job capturing the best day of our lives. She did a great job of capturing moments without seeming like she was there. Dawn quickly provided us with a few sneak peeks (and even a few more after I begged her to keep sending them). The turn-around for our wedding photograph CD was absolutely acceptable. We got married on July 21st and within two months, we had our CD and were obsessing over the awesomeness of each photograph.

I have recommended many friends to Dawn for maternity photo shoots and I am anxiously awaiting our maternity shoot this coming June! I would recommend any one of my dearest friends and family members to use Dawn as their photographer - for a wedding, engagement, maternity, etc. She is just wonderful! :)

Sent on 03/20/2014

Dana · Married on 06/22/2012

Dawn was wonderful, we had our ceremony at the reception location and had a small window of time for photos, she was creative and efficient and she took a TON of beautiful photos!!! The process was smooth and stress free even with the time restrictions. I would recommend Dawn for any type of photography shoot (She did our engagement photos as well)!

Sent on 04/21/2014
  • Ceresa

Ceresa · Married on 07/03/2011

Dawn is the best! She is very professional, listens to what you are looking for in you photos and wants you to be happy! We could not have chosen a better photographer for our wedding at Letchworth State Park! It was the perfect day and we have the perfect photographs to remember it! Thank you Dawn!

Sent on 03/12/2014