Davis Islands Garden Club Reviews

Davis Islands Garden Club 5
Davis Islands Garden Club 6
Davis Islands Garden Club 7

Kelly · Married on 12/03/2011

The DIGC is the best indoor/outdoor location for a wedding! The outside is beautifully maintained and you can't beat being on the water, with views of the city skyline. The outdoor patio is great for cocktail hour and the inside is big enough to hold many tables plus a good sized dance floor, but small enough to provide an intimate feel for the wedding. As soon as we visited we knew this was the place for us. Almost all of our guests commented on how beautiful the location was.

Michelle and Tiffany were very helpful and were always quick to reply to emails. We couldn't be happier with our choice to get married here.

Sent on 12/08/2011

Kim · Married on 10/01/2011

This is a Beautiful place! However I did not give it 5 stars for Value Because for what you pay to rent the place you have to pay extra to have chairs outside for the ceremony and white ones on the inside, if not you get the brown ones that are included then you have to get chaircovers anyway. Michelle James is very nice and you can get the rentals through her and she does a great job to dress the place up just know she is not a wedding coordinator. Its great because you have the place to yourself all day. I loved it, it was a great place to have a wedding overall.

Sent on 10/21/2011
  • W

Jeromy · Married on 06/04/2011

What an absolutely beautiful venue for a wedding. We had a wedding with 150 guests and it was just the perfect size. We were able to have a full sit down meal inside with a dance floor, dj, cake cutting, picture booth, gift table and more. The outside covered patio provide an amazing space for the cocktail hour, second bar and live band later in the evening. The backdrop of the Hillsborough River and downtown Tampa make for a once in a lifetime experience for any of your out of town guests. The flexibility of the space allows you to create any type of ambiance to match your personality and having the venue for the entire day allows all of your vendors that ability to not be rushed and create an amazing event experience. I highly recommend this venue if you want your guest to experience an unforgettable event.

Sent on 06/13/2011

Jen · Married on 01/17/2009

I chose Davis Island Garden Club as my wedding venue! The venue/staff was amazing. In response to a comment below on the price of the cushions being too high, I can recommend a great company that does the cushions and drapes for a much better price for the same quality. Call Keli at 727.437.8617. Her pricing includes delivery, set up, and pick up!

Sent on 01/06/2011
  • Porsche' & Serde

Porsche · Married on 06/18/2017

Overall, we looooved DIGC and everything they had to offer. Their event coordinator was awesome - responsive, accomodating and helpful. You I would think after seeing and working on so many events, it would take a lot to keep her excited but her excitement for our wedding was as if we were family. The entire process from booking to clean-up after the wedding was seemless. We did have some confusion getting in contact with someone in the beginning but once we got things rolling, it was all worth it. I TOTALLY recommend DIGC to any couple wanted versatility and an open canvas in a venue. I loved that we could decorate the way we wanted and bring in any vendors we wanted. I am extremely happy with our DIGC experience.

Sent on 07/10/2017

Karen · Married on 11/21/2014

3.5

We had the most amazing, beautiful wedding at Davis Islands Garden Club... it's the perfect venue for a garden wedding in South Tampa.

Sent on 12/17/2014
  • Peter

Peter · Married on 10/03/2010

Great venue, beautiful grounds. Davis Islands Garden Club was a perfect location for our ceremony and reception. At about 100 guests, we filled the club up nicely, but any less and it might look empty--this place is pretty big. Parking was great, the view out back by the gazebo was spectacular, and it was overall very clean and we had a lot of positive remarks from our guests about how much they enjoyed the location. It can be a little hard to find, because one of the street signs a block away is bent and hidden behind a tree, but with strategic sign placement, it shouldn't be a problem. Michelle was very helpful and quick to respond to any questions we had.

Our only complaint was the chairs they supply for inside are different than the ones in most of their photos, and we had to scramble to find replacements, but it all came together and if I had to get married again, I would go back.

Sent on 10/09/2010

Nicole · Married on 10/03/2009

The Bridal Coordinator was very easy to work with and for the money you couldn't ask for a more beautiful setting. If weather permits I would have all events take place outdoors there. The natural landscape is just beautiful. We were married at 6pm and the sunset was about an hour later. It was perfect!

Sent on 10/19/2009

diane · Married on 08/07/2009

The DIGC provided a gorgeous backdrop for our wedding reception. The venue is truly a unique place; a beautiful place with a very affordable price tag. Highly recommended! Just make sure you follow their guidelines; they truly take care of their facilities.

Sent on 10/25/2009
  • Abbey

Abbey · Married on 01/18/2019

Overall - Great. You just need to know the extra costs for this venue.

We loved the venue. Just know going into reserving it that it is just the building and the garden. There are no extra lighting, drapery, seat cushions on the patio. The venue is a great value but then when you plan to have an event outside there are a lot of extra cost. We spent money on cushions for the patio ($214), drapery for the patio ($150 which was a discount), lighting from Tampa Lights ($1500) and you have to rent the chairs ($2.14 per chair). All of these things add up. You also have to have a 1 million insurance policy for that day ($130). They have several events at this venue and it seems like it with debris on the grounds and in the bushes. The lighting around the trees is not always working. Overall, we were happy with how things turned out, but we hired a caterer (Catering by Robert) which did an amazing job of setting everything up and breaking it down. You have to have someone to do that and that knows the rules of the venue to ensure you get your deposit back. Amber was easy to communicate with. They also can't guarantee a rehearsal time until really close to your wedding which was a struggle to try to plan a rehearsal dinner. You are at the mercy of whether or not they have another event the day before your wedding and no one is there so you can't see the inside.

Sent on 03/27/2019
    Davis Islands Garden Club 8
    Davis Islands Garden Club 9
    Davis Islands Garden Club 10
    Davis Islands Garden Club 11
    Davis Islands Garden Club 12

leigh · Married on 11/12/2016

I loved this venue and enjoyed having my wedding there. However, there are a few things I will mention that disappointed me... The security guard tried to end my wedding at 10 pm instead of the 11pm music deadline. The security guard was rude about the early deadline to my DJ and threatened to cut the electric off. Also, I had an incident with one of the caterers stealing one of the DJ lights, and the cops were called. The DIGC security guard decided to handle the situation right out front with all the cop lights and everything as my wedding party was leaving instead of to the side of the building. On a positive note, the grounds are beautiful. Amber was very friendly and made the experience a breeze. She was always there to offer her advice when needed and was extremely quick at responding to my e-mails.

Sent on 03/06/2017

We fell in love with this venue when we saw it! It has everything we want and basically a blank canvas I can do all my crazy pinterest ideas on lol. The only thing is that is impossible to get in contact with Michelle their wedding coordinator. I would assume they would have an organized on top of things kind of person.

Sent on 11/20/2015

Amanda · Married on 05/08/2010

When I became engaged, there was no question that I wanted to get married at Davis Island Garden Club. There is not a single venue in the Tampa area where you can get the views of water, garden and downtown and the privacy that the DIGC offers. I do think that DIGC is a little pricey but in the end I would have not changed a thing. Make sure that if you want DIGC, you book right away. We did have to change our dates 3 times due to the popularity of it. (We did book 14 months in advance!)

Sent on 05/11/2010

Susan · Married on 10/30/2009

We got so many compliments from guests on how nice the venue was. It really is such a blank canvas, and our team was able to pull of a vision and spruce things up a bit! Like another bride commented, for the cost, it would have been nice if the outdoor ceremony chairs were included-- and I also feel the rental cost for the drapes and bench cushions were way too high. Overall, I loved the flexibility of the space and the location.

Sent on 01/23/2010

Victoria · Married on 10/28/2016

I booked this venue when Michelle was the venue manager and it was a complete mess. However, then Amber took over and did an amazing job. Amber is great and I have no complaints when the venue was under her control. All my issues were when Michelle was the manager. Davis Island is great because it allows you to add a lot of your own personal touches. It also doesn't contract with anyone so it's great for DIY brides.

Sent on 12/01/2016

3.0

The Davis Islands Garden club was the perfect venue for our wedding. We wanted our wedding to have a garden feel to it and that was exactly what we got. The grounds provided a beautiful backdrop for our ceremony which was held outside at the gazebo. We also liked that the building had a covered porch that we were going to use as a back up for our ceremony in case it rained. We had the reception inside which had just enough space and looked very elegant. We would definitely recommend this venue. It was the most affordable out of all of the venues that we looked at and also fit the closest with the look I was going for.

Sent on 10/25/2014

Judith · Married on 02/16/2014

3.5

The garden club is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The only problem is the chairs that must be purchased to enjoy a reception are an unexpected expense. Their cleaning up policy is a bit stringent. We planned our own event possibly with an event planner some of these issues would have well known.

Sent on 02/19/2014
  • Brandette120613

Bernadette · Married on 12/06/2013

My husband, fiancé at the time, had a list of venues to look at. One being the DIGC. We both love the water, so we decided to look at DIGC first. When we got there, I fell in love more than my husband, but its because I was able to visualize lights and a night wedding. We decided this is it without even looking at the other venues :) The whole time working with Michelle, she was great. It was hard being the holidays were around the corner, but when we got in touch, it all fell into place. The venue is beautiful. This is a location for those that want that true garden along with the water wedding.

Sent on 12/11/2013

3.5

My mom and I visit the Garden Club, amongst a couple others, when were first started looking. I immediately fell in love, it was exactly what I pictured for my romantic nautical/garden theme and the price was right. At first, we were a little turned off becasue the venue didn't include catering or set up/clean up... but after looking at a handful more I knew it was right for us. The grounds manager, Michelle, was so great to work with. She was flexible and informative and really seemed to be interested in our special day. I won't go into specifics, but she went above and beyond with a lot of things. I will say that she is quite a busy lady, so it would take a few days for her to respond to emails or calls, but she always did. Luckily, we had Olympia Catering and the BEST day of coordinator, so setting up and cleaning afterward went very smoothly. I will admit, I think DICG could use a getting ready room and a revamp on the restrooms, but overall it was perfect for us. All of our guests thought it was beautiful and we will continue to enjoy it in our pictures forever.

Sent on 01/23/2014

3.5

Beautiful venue overlooking the water. Very quaint and homey which is why I liked it. There is a beautiful gazebo in the back and a huge patio perfect for cocktail hours or even dancing.

Sent on 11/29/2012

Melissa · Married on 04/05/2009

Beautiful location for a Spring wedding. Little to no shade for ceremony at the gazebo, so make sure your vows are short! Building seems plain at first but dresses up well. Garden was a huge hit with all who attended!

Sent on 04/12/2009

Michele · Married on 09/13/2013

2.0

A beautiful setting for a ceremony and reception! Best value in town!!! The coordinator, Michelle James, truly loves and appreciates the property and she is great to deal with. I had checked out several spaces in area for my daughters wedding and some were so snobby and over the top expensive! DIGC was not this way at all. I would recommend that , to contact Michelle , do so by email allowing a few days leeway as she took some time to get back to me a couple of times. Also ask specific questions about chairs and decorations. I would recommend this venue again without hesitation!

Sent on 09/22/2013
  • John

John · Married on 12/17/2011

Michelle James is a pleasure to work with. She is the manager and she is quick to answer any questions that you may have.

Sent on 01/04/2012

Emily · Married on 04/10/2010

The Davis Islands Garden Club was my perfect wedding venue. It allows you to be as creative as you want because you have the freedom to do pretty much anything you want (given obvious limitations). You also can bring in any vendor you want, making it as personal and unique as you want it to be. When seeking a venue, I wanted somewhere I could have both my ceremony and reception at the same place, I wanted it to be unique (not just a hotel ballroom) and I wanted it to be cost efficient. Davis Islands Garden Club is all the above, and my guests seemed to really enjoy it as well!

Sent on 05/03/2010

Erin · Married on 10/12/2007

The Davis Island Garden Club (DIGC) had everything my fiance and I were looking for: price, location, flexibility and class. When we began the budgeting process, the largest expense was alcohol and food. What we found with DIGC was that we weren't bound to an exclusive catering/alcohol contract. We were able to find our own caterer (who supplied bartenders) and buy all of our alcohol at retail price (this saved more than you can imagine)!

We had both our ceremony and reception at the DIGC. The weather was absolutely amazing and made for a beautiful ceremony. We were married outside by the gazebo which is located right near the water (the channel that leads to the bay). The DIGC has white formal outdoor chairs, but charged $2 per chair. This did not include setting up and taking down which we were responsible for.

The DIGC also has a covered patio attached to the rear of the building (in between the building and Gazebo). We held our cocktail hour outside under the patio before the reception. It was also a great location after the dinner for folks to gather and drink.

Inside the building, the DIGC has a large commercial kitchen. They also supplied the tables and chairs for the reception. I opted for chair covers, not only because I had always envisioned them, but because the chairs are fairly basic and a little beat up.

The DIGC has both advantages and disadvantages depending on how you look at it. Once you get the keys in the morning, you are on your own. There is no one watching over you telling you what to do or not. Other than setting up the tables and chairs in the main building, everything else is your responsibility. Setup and breakdown were the biggest details. My fiance and I hired a wedding coordinator, www.weddingsbygeorgia.com, to take care of all these details. Without Georgia, we would have been left with a lot of work which would have cut into the celebration itself.

We absolutely loved the Garden Club and recommend it to everyone who wants to save some money without sacrificing class.

Sent on 09/21/2008