Davis Islands Garden Club Reviews

Davis Islands Garden Club 5
Davis Islands Garden Club 6
Davis Islands Garden Club 7

kayleigh · Married on 07/31/2011

I loved this place. It was perfect for what I wanted. I wanted to be able to do whatever I wanted, & that's what I got. This place is naturally beautiful & a blank canvas for people who want to put their own creativy into their event. Every time I had a question or concern, they were quick to respond & set up whatever I needed for me. And for the price, it's a steal since you get to make the place your own for the day.

Sent on 08/15/2011

Leena · Married on 05/16/2010

Beautiful venue for an outdoor wedding with an indoor reception. There is a great covered patio area for a cocktail hour. The back area of the Davis Island Garden Club has such a beautiful view of the bay and downtown Tampa.

Sent on 06/11/2010

Sharon · Married on 05/02/2010

This is absolutley the most beautiful venue to have a outdoor/Indoor wedding and reception. The grounds are well maintained and the view is great. They have a great gazebo for the ceremony.

Sent on 05/12/2010

Lara · Married on 09/06/2009

Highly recommend this venue! It's beautiful and everyone was very helpful!! Michelle was helpful and we are glad we chose this venue!

Sent on 10/11/2009

erika · Married on 06/27/2009

DIGC really is an open canvas with a lot of flexibility. Whether you want to be inside or out, or a combination on the large back covered patio, this is an excellent location. Full of beautiful views and yet very private, this place offers it all at a fraction of what others have. With the right people this place can trullly take on any look or transformation and yet still provide the best of environments.

Sent on 07/16/2009

jen · Married on 06/13/2009

I had always envisioned my wedding being outside, but a June wedding outside in Florida? Woah! I thought I was out of luck, but then I found the Davis Island Garden Club; a wedding venue that allowed me to have my ceremony outside overlooking the water, dinner inside and dancing under the stars (via the porch). Like others have mentioned this is a hidden gem. Im glad I did not settle for any other venue. Michelle is great to work with and this venue allowed me many unique opportunites to have a creative wedding that was everything I had imagined!!

Sent on 06/26/2009
  • ZiMa

Meredith · Married on 06/07/2009

Such a beautiful venue!! I was taken away with the views of the water and downtown tampa! Having our ceremony and reception there caused for beautiful pictures and a beautiful wedding! We had planned for a outside ceremony, but because of the rain we had to move it inside, which ended up to be so romantic. The Davis Islands Garden Club is a perfect place and location to have a wedding. Not only because of the views and the feeling of having a garden wedding on the water, but because they are fair with their prices and extremely professional.

Sent on 08/21/2009

Julie · Married on 01/03/2009

The Garden Club was absolutely perfect for us. It allowed us a space where we could have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all in one place. The price as compared to other local locations was great and you can't beat the location. Additionally, Michelle was great! She was helpful and had such a happy and personable manner. We are so grateful that we were able to have our wedding there, it was absolutely perfect!

Sent on 01/06/2009

Samantha · Married on 11/29/2008

Davis Island Garden Club was beautiful and affordable. The view is unbelievable and you get a lot for your money!

Sent on 12/16/2008

Maria · Married on 11/22/2008

Davis Island Garden Club is a gem. It is a beautiful venue on the water that is affordable. It is basically a blank canvas so you can do so much with decor. My guests were mostly from out of town and raved about our reception location! I would recommend it to all future brides.

Sent on 12/30/2008

Christi · Married on 06/07/2008

The Davis Islands Garden club is a real gem. They are so affordable and have beautiful water views and offer both a ceremony and reception site. They are extremely flexible, allowing clients to bring in their own alcohol (which saves money), and also allow the use of the outdoor space - which is VERY important if you've been dreaming of an outdoor reception but cannot find anywhere that will allow you to do it. Plus they have indoor space which can be used as backup if it rains, or used for the reception if you want an indoor reception. It's close to downtown hotels and activities for guests, and allows all outside vendors. I recommend this location again and again!!

Sent on 06/30/2009

Samantha · Married on 04/19/2008

DIGC was beautiful and we were so glad to be able to book this location. It looks unassuming but it is gorgeous inside and the water view was a great look for our pictures.

Sent on 07/10/2008

kristal · Married on 02/09/2008

BEAUTIFUL site, was worth the price! was right on the water gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!!!! would recommend it to ANYONE!!!

Sent on 12/23/2008

Paul · event on: 01/31/2015

I've had my event at the Davis Islands Garden club many times over the years. What a great location with a great view of the downtown Tampa skyline. Michelle has worked with me over the years to make sure that our event is a success, which it has been every year. My guest love this place, you are near the water, the grounds are beautiful. We look forward to having our event at the Garden Club hopefully many more times in the future.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Tara · Married on 04/12/2014

This is the most beautiful venue I have ever seen. I cannot say enough how happy and lucky we were to get this venue for our wedding on the exact date we wanted. The location alone is amazing enough, but trying in your own decor is the icing on the cake. We had the freedom of using this gorgeous venue to bring in our own decorations and vendors to make this the most perfect day ever. I highly recommend this venue for your wedding or any special event!!! Michelle was so great helping us along the way and I appreciate it all! Best decision we've ever made!

Sent on 04/24/2014

A gorgeous venue! Perfect for that outdoor ambiance.

Sent on 03/23/2014

Valerie · Married on 06/15/2013

Thanks for everything. My wedding was on 6.15.13 and I also received something special that made my day even better. Thanks again great venue alot of space and very happy to have had my day there. Everyone loved it.

-Thanks Again
    Newly Weds Valerie & Dravis L

Sent on 06/19/2013
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 05/01/2010

The setting outside in front of the gazebo was fantastic for the ceremony and the large covered patio was perfect for our cocktail hour. I love that you have the whole place for the entire day and night, it provides a very intimate location for a ceremony and reception. Plus, since the place is a blank slate any color combo looks great and you can add a lot of details yourself. The coordinators there were always very prompt at answering any of my questions leading up to the wedding. This was the perfect place for our wedding!

The only criticism I have is that the white folding chairs should be included in the cost of the rental instead of extra, since you do have to set them up and take the down yourself.

Sent on 05/24/2010

Eran · Married on 11/14/2008

The Davis Islands Graden Club provided us with a beautiful venue for wedding and reception. It was just right for our 100ish guests that attended out wedding. I really don't have any cons for this venue at all. I only have wishes for what would make it better for the money. I felt that for the money that the outside chairs should have been included with the fees, rather than additional. Otherwise, everything provided by the venue was outstanding. All of questions were answered in a timely manner, we had many opportunities to visit the venue before our event in order to plan by seeing the site. I would reccommend this venue to anyone. We had a fantastic experience. Thanks, Michelle!

Sent on 11/28/2008

Davis Islands Garden Club's reply:

Thanks for the kind words =) It is appreciated!

NICOLE · Married on 03/24/2019

Beautiful Spring Wedding

This venue is absolutely beautiful for an outdoor/indoor wedding & reception. It’s a blank slate and you can use any vendor of your choice. Their price includes all day, full use of the facility as well as misc vintage tables, banquet tables and folding chairs. Amber (Events manager) and my wedding coordinator connected very well and she was very flexible with providing access to view the venue when needed. Everything we requested was in place and our wedding day turned out amazing and beautiful.

Sent on 04/26/2019
    Davis Islands Garden Club 13
    Davis Islands Garden Club 14
  • Kristel

Kristel · Married on 02/10/2019

Davis Island Garden Club was perfect!

Davis Island Garden Club was an amazing location for our wedding. The location is perfect right on the water with the Tampa skyline. The private venue was picturesque and exactly what we wanted for our big day. Amber was very helpful, professional and easy to work with throughout the entire process. I would definitely suggest hiring a professional day of coordinator and a team of people to clean up. This venue is very DIY. When your event concludes there is security staff that makes sure all the requirements are meet per the contract. You have to rerack all the rented chairs in a dark shed in a very specific way. All trash has to be taken to the dumpsters. One of the security guards was somewhat rude to my mom and told her she needed to pick up an empty beer bottle on a table when they were cleaning up. I regret not getting a clean up crew so my family and bridal party didn't have to do it at the end of the night, but other than that it was perfect! I would highly recommend DIGC to any bride looking for a dream location to have their big day!

Sent on 03/25/2019
    Davis Islands Garden Club 15

Carline · Married on 02/04/2018

I am so glad I stumble upon DIGC. I had a destination wedding and this was the last venue I reserved for a tour. Boy am I lucky I was able to get in at such short notice. It is a wonderful venue, you can literally do anything you want. I am thankful for Amber for suggesting my wedding planner as well. It is so beautiful outside as well, the gazebo, the water. I did not get to enjoy it on my wedding day as it was raining but they rearranged everything on the patio and it was still so beautiful. I am so happy with our decision to use DIGC and everything turned out well. Would definitively recommend this place.

Sent on 03/12/2018

Tammi · Married on 09/21/2017

Everyone and everything was great!

Sent on 10/11/2017

Linda · Married on 05/25/2015

This venue is beyond gorgeous!! We had the ceremony outside and reception inside. I was scared about the afternoon showers coming but we got lucky and the day was perfect!! The breeze was amazing for my guest, not hot at all! I have recommended this venue to all my friends getting married soon! I wish I could have another event here just because of how gorgeous it is!

Sent on 06/11/2015

gwen · Married on 03/21/2015

We absolutely loved this venue for our wedding ceremony. Once the decor was set both indoors and outdoors, it was just breathtaking. Our guests raved at how beautiful our ceremony was and the location was prime for a Spring wedding. Michelle was so helpful from the beginning and up until the actual wedding day. She was very prompt in answering calls and texts and would always make time to open up the venue for me. I highly recommend this venue for those who want a nice intimate wedding. We had about 140 guests and we still managed to make a dance floor indoors without feeling congested or crammed. The only con to this venue is that it really is a DIY project so make sure you have a great planner. Thank God I did, she made my vision come to life!

Sent on 03/30/2015