Davis Islands Garden Club Reviews

Davis Islands Garden Club 5
Davis Islands Garden Club 6
Davis Islands Garden Club 7

Colleen · Married on 09/06/2015

Quick email response. Michelle was awesome!!!! She accomidated so much I wanted to do a quick rehearsal the day before but nothing was planned there that day so she technically didn't have to work. But I called her and she came to the venue to open the door so I could check on everything. AWESOME!!!!

Sent on 09/24/2015
  • Kayla

Kayla · Married on 06/26/2015

The garden club was the first venue we visited and I fell in love. It was beautiful and exactly what we were looking for. The garden club is affordable and you get to choose all of your own vendors. Michelle James, the event manager, was always helpful and willing to answer any questions we had. We had so many compliments about our beautiful venue and I would definitely recommend it to anyone!

Sent on 07/07/2015

Christina · Married on 04/16/2015

What an absolutely beautiful venue! It was absolutely perfect! Very spacious & provided the perfect setting. Michelle James, DIGC mgr., is super sweet, very flexible, professional, & very down to earth. If you're looking for an affordable venue for everything w/no strings attached, this is the place! You aren't tied to any venders, you can choose to provide your own food, bar tenders, cake, etc. Some beautiful decor can be supplied by Michelle for an addtl charge but all is very reasonably priced & worth every penny! My only minor complaint was that we were asked to lower the music about 30 min prior to the noise ordinance by a neighborhood guard. Not really a big deal, just a little annoying. Overall, I would recommend this venue a million times over. Made my wedding nothing short of stunning and beautiful! Perfect memories to last a lifetime! Thank you so much Michelle!

Sent on 04/27/2015

Davis Islands Garden Club's reply:

THANKS!! It was an absolute pleasure working with you!!!!! Michelle
    The best of luck!!!

Brittany · Married on 02/21/2015

I loved getting married at the Davis Islands Garden Club! The view is amazing!! We got married in February and had the most perfect weather we could ask for! Michelle is the coordinator at The Davis Islands Garden Club and was very prompt at answering my emails or texts. This venue is pretty much a blank canvas for you to do whatever your heart desires! They have chairs you can rent, as well as drapery, pillows for the veranda, cushions for the veranda, and window decor. You don't have to use their stuff, you can bring in ANYTHING you want!! It was the perfect venue for our wedding day! Our guests loved how it was set up and enjoyed the water view. BEAUTIFUL and very REASONABLE pricing!!!

Sent on 03/12/2015

Davis Islands Garden Club's reply:

Thank you for your review and kid words!! I wish you the Best! Michelle :)

Paul · event on 01/31/2015

I've had my event at the Davis Islands Garden club many times over the years. What a great location with a great view of the downtown Tampa skyline. Michelle has worked with me over the years to make sure that our event is a success, which it has been every year. My guest love this place, you are near the water, the grounds are beautiful. We look forward to having our event at the Garden Club hopefully many more times in the future.

Sent on 03/15/2015

Patricia · Married on 01/24/2015

We had our reception at DIGC. Michelle was great and met with us on multiple occasions so we could measure something or just look around. The tables and chairs were set up just how we wanted. Beautiful waterfront location with indoor and outdoor options. You can use any vendors you want so it’s easily personalized. I highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 04/08/2015

Diane · Married on 01/12/2015

Michelle was very professional and easy to contact with any questions I had regarding the DIGC for our daughters wedding. We only used the venue for the ceremony & a short cocktail hour and everything went smoothly! I loved that we could also rent furniture at very reasonable prices. The Gardens look beautiful in the photos and all the guests commented on such a picturesque venue. The only dampener on the day was the weather.

Sent on 03/28/2015

Brittany · Married on 12/13/2014

Love, love, love this gorgeous venue and all that it offers. My husband and I saw it and fell
    In love immediately for all it offers!!! We couldn't imagine celebrating our wedding day anywhere else. Michelle is amazing; flexible, friendly, and understanding. I'd do it all over again here in a heartbeat!

Sent on 12/17/2014

Carly · Married on 10/24/2014

I had my wedding at Davis Islands Garden Club on 10/24/14 for 125 people and it was just perfect. Michelle was easy to work with and the location couldn't be more beautiful. One of my favorite things about DIGC is that it's already so pretty you don't have to do too much else with decor. I received so many compliments on how beautiful the venue was. With the water, trees, and foliage making the backdrop you can get some great pictures!

We had the ceremony at the gazebo, cocktail hour on the back patio, dinner inside, dancing back on the patio, and then from 10-11pm (due to the noise ordinance) we went back inside for dancing. The inside isn't anything special. We did some uplighting and the drapes from the ceiling, but that was about it. We didn't feel like spending money on the inside since it was just for eating and (very) late night dancing. The back patio was great for dancing. Just string some lights for the ceiling with a few uplights and it's a great dance floor with plenty of room for the DJ table and bar.

Michelle was great to work with and very flexible with us. I highly recommend DIGC as a venue for your wedding or special event!

Sent on 04/22/2015
  • Tiiffaannyyy

Tiffany · Married on 08/31/2014

Davis Island Garden Club is simply amazing. You have endless possibilities here and can go wild with whatever vision you have for your celebration. After searching months for a venue we found DIGC and I fell in love immediately. Michelle was awesome and would always meet me whenever I needed to measure something, or just wanted to look around again. This venue is right on the water and so you can hold a formal black and white affair or be as casual as the beach. It truly was perfect!

Sent on 10/06/2014

Great venue! Can decorate your way! I would highly recommend!

Sent on 10/13/2014

I this venue after shopping for many by the water for my daughters wedding and boy! was I surprised with their fantastic service. The quality was beautiful, Extremely helpful and friendly team, especially Michelle! They produced everything we needed like tables and chairs, just like I wanted it.They had excellent communication. What a professional team I was extremely happy with this venue, and it started our wedding off like a fairytale! My guests raved about the location, they loved it! And the newlyweds head off in a boat from the venue sailing into the sunset. A perfect place for a wedding.

Sent on 10/13/2014

marisa · Married on 04/26/2014

We could not have picked a more perfect place to have our wedding ceremony/ reception. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and we were lucky enough to have perfect weather on our wedding day so were able to have everything outdoors. It was exactly what we were looking for and our guests were so impressed with the venue. Michelle was awesome to work with and I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful outdoor space for any type of event. It has a wonderful backyard feel while being right on the water, can't be beat! Our guests are still talking about what a great location it was!

Sent on 06/16/2014

Meredith · Married on 03/15/2014

Michelle was easy and fun to work with. The venue was absolutely gorgeous and looks stunning in my pictures. We got married in March with lots of pollen and Michelle even hosed down all of the walk ways to keep my dress from turning yellow! I can't express enough how much I love this venue. It's perfect!

Sent on 03/31/2014
  • User3620421 · 2+ years ago

Michelle was a joy to work with! Her fun personality made a stressful wedding process very easy going. She responded promptly to all emails/phone calls and addressed all my concerns in a timely manner. Our guest are still raving about how beautiful our wedding venue was!

Sent on 01/15/2014

Kris · Married on 11/03/2013

The Davis Island Garden Club and Miss Amber Beaty is a beautiful site for a wedding. Our daughter and new son-in-laws wedding on March 31st was fabulous. They couldn’t have been more helpful and answered all my silly questions every time I asked. We couldn’t have been happier!! Thank you for such an amazing day and venue!!!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Great location, gorgeous views, private and can easily be personalized to get the look/feel you want.

Sent on 10/30/2013

jennifer · Married on 07/27/2013

We got married at Davis Island Garden Club, the only choice for us. DIGC was one of the only venues that allow you to bring in your own catering and booze, a real savings for us, and a great option for brides on a budget. Throughout the venue “shopping” experience I was flustered and annoyed at all of the hidden fees, as well as the high cost of having to not only rent a space, but use that space’s own catering company and/or own bar services. The prices were outrageous and at the end of the day, I’m mostly concerned with giving a great party and not so much about the allure in having a reception in a fancy-schmancy location.

Right on the water, and facing Harbour Island, Davis Island is a beauty. I love the large trees, the expansive patio, the big windows in the reception area, and the fact that it’s a blank slate, allowing us to really design the way that we want. Michelle James is amazing to work with, truly caring about the bride and groom and making everything so easy to understand and get in order. She is very available for questions, multiple tours of the place (as in my case, I am visual and had to view the space over and over again for decor inspiration), and more. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Tiffany · Married on 06/07/2013

Beautiful venue and Michelle the coordinator was so helpful and professional. I couldn't have picked a better venue to work with.

Sent on 06/25/2013

Helen · Married on 03/31/2013

This place is amazing. It is a blank canvas for you to pick any vendors you want and really make it your own. The indoor/outdoor options are fantastic and the view is amazing!

Sent on 04/28/2013

Danielle · Married on 03/15/2013

Wow beyond beautiful. Michelle who is in charge of the place for events goes over and beyond. She will work with you and respond quickly. She came in Saturdays to open the place for us to see on multiple accounts. Thanks for making my day so special and all the amazing..

Sent on 04/03/2013

beautiful location, our guest loved it! best!

Sent on 12/30/2012
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 04/01/2012

Super Amazing place! We go SO many compliments on the venue. Michelle is incredibly helpful and responds to questions really quickly. She helped us out in so many ways. It is an amazing place to have a wedding. The view is incredible. You also have so much freedom. If you are doing a DIY wedding or even if you have a planner....no matter what your plans are, it is perfect. We are a lesbian couple, and we always felt comfortable, and had nothing but a perfectly lovely experience with Michelle and the garden club. We wouldn't have changed a thing.

Sent on 04/17/2012

Gelaine · Married on 03/18/2012

We fell in love with this place from the very first moment we went. This place has lots of potential and it was exactly what we were looking for. Thanks Michelle for everything our wedding was beautiful!

Sent on 04/13/2012

Jillian · Married on 12/30/2011

Michelle from the Davis Island Garden Club was very polite and professional! She would promptly respond to emails and phone calls. The DIGC is a beautiful location and worth the money. It may look very small from the fron of the location but its much bigger inside and when you walk around the back. We very comfortably fit 110 people. It was worth it to us to bring in our own booze and higher a caterer. We also booked the venue for a Friday night because it was slightly cheaper and worked with the holidays. For a fee you can use their beautiful cushions on the patio (just added the right touch of elegance) and other decor they have on hand. There are quite a few rules to follow (trash, cleanup, lighting etc.) if you want your deposit back but my family and wedding planner easily accomplished them all by the end of the night and we were able to get our entire deposit back!

Sent on 01/08/2012