David's Country Inn Reviews

David's Country Inn 5
David's Country Inn 6
David's Country Inn 7

Christina · Married on 07/30/2015

I recommend Davids Country Inn to anyone and everyone. My fiancé and I were looking for a place that was rustic yet elegant and this was beyond our expectations. The management is so accommodating and have helped me every step of the way. I can't wait for July!!

Sent on 05/29/2015

Meredith · Married on 06/28/2015

We went to look at David’s after being engaged for only a week. We went to just look at David’s without the intention to actually pick a date and move forward. Upon entering David’s we loved the décor and the rustic country feel. The layout with all the different rooms for the guests to spread out in was perfect. We met with Carolyn who never pressured us to sign or commit to a date. She simply just gave us an overview on David’s. She was extremely easy to talk to and understood our image of what we wanted our day to look like. We left David’s not wanting to visit any other venue because David’s had exactly what we wanted. David’s provided us with a list of vendors they use. We highly recommend considering the vendors off this list. We chose our officiant and photographer off the list. They did an outstanding job. Planning with David’s was so easy because they took a lot of the “wedding stress” off us and helped us with anything and everything. Our wedding coordinator for the day was Heather. She was great and extremely quick responding to us with any questions we had. She had the day flow so smoothly and flawlessly. To this day our friends and families are still talking about how wonderful the food was. The service was very attentive as our guests did not have to wait long at all to have their drinks refilled or any other requests fulfilled. People were very impressed by the cocktail hour and the abundance of food. Everything was very fresh and delicious. We had our ceremony at Rutherfurd Hall. It was the perfect setting and exactly what we had envisioned. Rutherfurd Hall was so beautiful and a great backdrop for photos. We are so thankful that one of the most important decisions to make in our new life was our first and best choice, David’s Country Inn.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/19/2015

Words cannot describe how wonderful a venue David’s Country Inn is! Everything about our June wedding reception was perfect from start to finish. This place is truly a hidden gem with such unique character and unlike any other venue we had seen. You get the whole building to yourself and your guests for the entire evening. We did not feel like we were being crammed into one or two rooms all night nor like we had to share the grounds and staff with anyone else. Not only was the venue and service outstanding, but so was the food! I have guests still raving how delicious and unique the food was, especially the cocktail hour!
    From the minute we walked through the doors, the owner, Chris, made sure that we had the wedding of our dreams. I can honestly say we decided upon David's Country Inn due how pleasant he was to work with. On our wedding day, he was at our reception and even got my groom and myself a plate of food while we were taking pictures to ensure we did not miss out on cocktail hour. Lisa, the in-house florist was also great! She did such an amazing job on all our flowers and was very knowledgeable. We worked most closely with their wedding coordinator, Carolyn. She ensured that every one of our requests was taken to heart and that our wedding day ran smoothly. We wanted to have many unique aspects to our wedding and really tie in our theme and she ensured that happened, even the difficult requests. She even offered some great ideas, including adding gelato to our desert bar to fit our theme. On the day of our wedding, she was constantly checking to make sure I was okay as we got ready and then the minute my husband and I arrived for our cocktail hour, she came outside to meet us to see if we needed anything.
    They made every part of my day unique and made me feel like my wedding was the most important wedding, not just another booking they had. I could not imagine having such a wonderful wedding reception anywhere else but David's Country Inn!

Sent on 10/05/2015

Emily · Married on 05/30/2015

This is truly a hidden gem. My husband and I just had our wedding here in May 2015 and the entire experience was everything we could have wanted. The venue itself is a beautiful, historic Inn that has been renovated and well-maintained over the years. It has so much charm and character, from the huge mahogany bar with stained glass windows to the 1920s-esque murals in the bathrooms, which I loved! The entire planning process was smooth and effortless. David's is a family-run operation and Heather and Carolyn are on top of everything, yet flexible and laid-back, which is a rare combination for a wedding venue. The food was delicious -- and I come from a family that has very high standards when it comes to food! -- and the menu is expansive. We did the buffet option and couldn't believe how many options we had to choose from. I can't rave about this place enough, it really made our wedding special and enjoyable, and I never worried about anything because I knew I was in good hands. David's offers a great value for what you get, and it's pretty convenient (right off route 80, 1.5 hours from NYC) although no one outside of the area seems to know about it.

Sent on 06/16/2015

Jennifer · Married on 03/21/2015

The food was amazing! No complaints by anyone! The bacon wrapped scallops were such a hit along with the coconut shrimp! But the whole day was great! Cannot say enough great things!

Sent on 04/03/2015

After searching what felt like all of north Jersey for our perfect wedding venue, my husband and I came across David's Country Inn and instantly fell in love with the atmosphere. We booked the venue for our March 2015 wedding day and we could not be any happier with our decision! I admit that I was a little concerned there wouldn't be enough places for our photographer to get great photos but I was joyously mistaken. The venue has a ton of romantic spots and details that make for amazing photography, but we were especially grateful to have a photographer that knew the space well and was able to capture all the beauty of the venue in our photos (Cherryville Photography - *highly recommended!*). We mostly worked with Chris and Carolyn who were both extremely personable and professional, answering all of our questions in a timely manner along the way. On the day of our wedding, all of our decorations that we dropped off a few days before were laid out better than we ever imagined and the space felt like it was designed just for us. The fireplace and lighting gave the entire venue such a cozy, comfortable feel and the candlelights made the reception extra romantic. Our guests are still raving about the food that was served from cocktail hour through the reception.. even though I admittedly didn't get to try most of it [too excited to eat ;) ] I would recommend David's Country Inn to anyone looking for an amazing, seamless wedding start to finish!!!

Sent on 04/26/2015

dawn · Married on 02/21/2015

The event was magical . the service gould have not been better, the food was delicious. The building is charming and you have the entire place to yourself. The event cordation Carolyn was wonderful and very patient.

Sent on 05/23/2015

Sarah · Married on 11/14/2014

David's Country Inn is a wonderful, magical place. The staff did an amazing job really catering to our personalized needs with every detail. I'm vegan and we worked with the chef to make a menu that was a great mix of our favorite foods (both vegan and non-vegan). Carolyn worked closely with us with all the specifics, and didn't miss a beat. We had some family photos and different design elements and they added them to their wonderful decoration. The whole wedding seemed completely personalized but David's had the support of a wedding venue. It was the best of both worlds and I would recommend this place to anyone that wants a unique and personal wedding.

Sent on 11/21/2014

Beautiful venue. Open staircase added a nice touch to the ceremony procession. Our guests couldn't get enough of the cocktail hour hors d'oeuvres (not that there was a shortage of cocktail food) and barely had room for the actual dinner!

Which is a shame, because the main course was magnificent.

David's staff was professional and courteous. Easy to deal with both during the planning stages and on the big day itself. They even allowed the party to run an extra half an hour when it was clear our guests were no where close to being done using the dance floor.

Overall, they had just enough space to accommodate our guest list... though perhaps we found the dance floor itself a tad small. We just had too many people trying to dance at once!

We had a fantastic time at David's, and received endless compliments from our guests about how much they enjoyed the venue and food.

Sent on 10/22/2014

Cheryl · Married on 10/04/2014

People are still talking about our wedding and how much fun they had, how great the food was and how beautiful the venue was. Everything was amazing and I could not have asked for more. Our event coordinator, Carolyn, was the epitome of professional, courteous, helpful and fun. She was always prompt in getting back to any of our questions and made some great suggestions, especially when it came to a location to take pictures other than the venue (Centenary College). Also, we hadn't gotten a chance to eat during the cocktail hour yet and while taking pictures outside, she brought us a tray of food to ease ourselves, we were so thankful, even got a picture of that moment. Top notch venue and staff.

Sent on 02/07/2015

kathleen · Married on 09/06/2014

I recently had my wedding ceremony and reception at Davids Country Inn. Upon walking into the venue I knew it was "the one". I was looking for a vintage/castle/elegant theme for my black tie wedding but without the high price tag. I wanted to pay a reasonable cost for all of my vendors so I did a lot of research for each one. A lot of other venues in NJ are so over priced and had mediocre reviews. Davids is the exact opposite. Everyone I talked to after the wedding LOVED the location. The charm of this historic building is really magical. I included lots of candles in my wedding and it just played up to the beautiful architecture that Davids has. The staff was so accommodating. During the planning process I was in constant contact with Carolyn and she was magnificent!!! I cannot say enough good things about her, I feel like it doesn't even do her justice. She was so attentive to everything I was asking and always answered my emails promptly during the whole planning process. I have received so many compliments from my family and friends about the whole night. The bar was great with drinks and everyone agreed that the food was spectacular! I wish I could do it all over again! If you are even thinking about having your wedding at Davids just go take a look at the location.
    **My favorite part was starting my walk down the aisle upstairs and then walking around the room and down the staircase, the walk down the aisle goes so quickly but this location really allows you to take it all in! Thank you Carolyn and everyone at Davids!!!!

Sent on 10/24/2014

Karen · Married on 08/22/2014

As soon as I entered David's Country Inn I fell in LOVE with the venue. Sure, it's located in the middle of town but the beauty and rustic vibe of the Inn outweighs any issue with location. The owners have done an excellent job with creating a tranquil feel and keeping the traditional look alive. The venue is just gorgeous and every room is unique in some way. My personal favorite is the bar - it's indescribable.

First off, the staff is amazing! From Chris & Jordan to Carolyn and Lisa, everyone was so professional and responsive. I'm especially fond of Carolyn, as she was quick to answer any questions and address all my concerns. We had a particularly larger party than we had originally expected; Chris and the team worked hard to accommodate all our of guests and ensured everyone was comfortable during our wedding reception. Lisa did an exceptional job with the flowers and was extremely easy to work with. My centerpieces turned out absolutely beautiful.

On the day of the wedding, the staff went above and beyond to make sure that my bridal party, all my guests and of course my husband and I were happy. They were very attentive to us and I know that some of the older folks in my family were very pleased with the quality of the table service. And lastly, the food was DELICIOUS. I received so many compliments; everyone enjoyed cocktail hour and their dinner.

Overall, I honestly don't have any complaints regarding David's Country Inn. They did a fabulous job from start to finish and I am beyond satisfied. Thank you to the entire staff for helping to ensure that our wedding day was a success; it was exactly what we had hoped for.

Sent on 09/09/2014

Kerry · Married on 08/16/2014

Amazing venue, excellent food and very professional!

Sent on 08/29/2014

Aileen · Married on 07/18/2014

Below is an email written by me (July 18th 2014 bride) to the staff at David's Country Inn:

Adam and I wanted to email you right away to give you our most sincere thank you for yesterday. We knew from the start that David's Country Inn was the place for us, but you and your staff exceeded our expectations. Every detail of the day went flawlessly, everyone was so thoughtful, kind, and professional. Every single person made Adam and I feel so comfortable and welcome the entire time we were there, from the afternoon getting ready, right through to our last dance of the night. The flowers done by Lisa were breathtaking and complimented the entire room, our bouquets were equally as beautiful. Our guests could not get over the natural beauty of the building and all of the small details that made us choose David's, they were raving! Not to mention the excellent bar, wait service, and the FOOD!!! Not one person went home hungry last night, that is for sure. Everyone gave their compliments to the chef, and Adam and I have to agree that the food was excellent!!! You always hear horror stories about how the bride and groom didn't get a chance to eat on their wedding day and I so appreciate you and Chris taking the time to make sure that did not happen!!!

All in all, if I could live yesterday over again I would... and more importantly I would not change one single thing. You and the staff at David's have made the start to our lives together so memorable, we thank you so much for that. The atmosphere from start to finish was just truly amazing, and that all stems from your experience and expertise and you deserve major kudos!!!

IF YOU ARE ON THE FENCE BETWEEN DAVID'S AND ANOTHER PLACE, CHOOSE DAVID'S!!! TRUST ME ON THIS ONE!! : )

Sent on 08/07/2014

Leah · Married on 06/28/2014

I can't say enough about how pleased we were with David's Country Inn. I found the process of finding a venue very frustrating, as I was looking for something unique that wouldn't break the bank. Finally I found David's Country Inn, and it was the perfect venue for our wedding.

The site is gorgeous, and the building has a lot of character. I personally love the cocktail hour room. There are many great spots for pictures. Even more importantly, the food was phenomenal. I have been to many weddings, and the food is often mediocre at best. David's Country Inn clearly takes pride in offering the highest quality food and service.

We worked closely with Chris throughout the wedding planning process, and it was such a pleasure. He happily answered any questions we had, and the wedding day went so smoothly. He even took the time to remind us to sit down and eat our dinner! Everyone we worked with at David's Country Inn was extremely helpful. Carolyn and Lisa were also amazing!

I would highly recommend David's Country Inn. It is a beautiful venue with very high quality food, service, and ambience. We're hoping another friend has a wedding there so we can enjoy it all over again.

Sent on 08/27/2014

Dalhie · Married on 06/14/2014

I hate long reviews, so I'll try to keep it short and to the point. David's Country Inn and all the employees gave us THE BEST POSSIBLE WEDDING EXPERIENCE WE COULD'VE DREAMED OF!!!!

All of our guests and I were extremely happy with the classic look of the venue, the service and friendliness of the staff, the food and how easy it was to work with everyone at David's. They provided the flowers and cake, which were both amazing.

If you are looking for a venue that will give you a surefire great experience with absolutely no regrets, then you cannot go wrong with David's Country Inn.

Sent on 06/16/2014
  • User4207504 · 2+ years ago

David's Country Inn was the best venue we could have chosen. The atmosphere, decor, staff, food, and location were all perfect for our wedding. It was recommended to us by a family member who had attended a wedding in the past, and as we told people where we were having our reception, responses were all very positive and excited. Most importantly, my wife (the bride), loved it!

Sent on 06/27/2014

I cannot say enough wonderful things about David's Country Inn! My fiance and I fell in love with the venue the first time we visited, and our enthusiasm never wavered. The Inn itself is just gorgeous, with so much character. Chris and Jordan (the owners) and Carolyn (our event coordinator) were all extremely kind, responsive, and very helpful. We were married on site, so the convenience of having everything happen in one location was wonderful. There is only one wedding on any given day, so there was no issue of feeling rushed. In addition to the convenience of the location, having the catering, the cake, and the flowers all coordinated in house made for so much less stress. I can't imagine having had to coordinate all of those things individually, as there is more than enough to stress about for a wedding already! Everyone had a wonderful time and loved the venue. It's not for a couple who wants a lot of glitz and glam, but if you are looking for a warm, welcoming atmosphere with lots of character, as well as convenience and value, check out David's Country Inn. It was absolutely perfect for us--we couldn't have been happier!

Sent on 05/28/2014

I dont even know where to start. absolutely PHENOMENAL ... amazing.... Jordan, Chris & Carolyn were so professional, patient, caring and just wanted everything to be perfect for us. we had the most amazing night. all we heard about was how quaint and cozy the venue was. and the staff, bartenders, etc were so accommodating to us and our guests! Everyone just made us so happy! if we could do it all over again, we would! If you're planning a wedding, definitely check out David's Country Inn! you will be happy and comfortable during the entire process and everything that you want will be what you get the night of your wedding! i can promise you that!!!
    Our Maitre d's Lisa and & Rob were incredible! Rob made sure we were happy all night long and he was just amazing! Lisa catered to all of our guests and she was so professional and pleasant!

Sent on 04/30/2014

Michelle · Married on 04/25/2014

Best hidden secret around. From the ceremony to the food to the reception, everything was perfect. They did a wonderful job accommodating not only the bride and groom, but each of our 180+ guests as well.
    Everyone loved the uniqueness of the venue and I am so happy with the way the atmosphere photographed. Couldn't be happier.

Sent on 05/13/2014

Meg · Married on 04/05/2014

BEST WEDDING EVER!!! We were just married on Saturday at David's and I couldn't wait to get some free time to write about it! The venue itself is amazingly beautiful, which is one of the many reasons why we chose it. The staff is so down to earth and easy to talk to (special shout out to Chris and Carolyn for always responding to my questions). I have heard SO many positive things from our guests since the wedding. Everyone told us that they loved the food, the atmosphere and the staff. From the minute I showed up on Saturday I didn't worry about anything because I knew everyone had it covered. That was such a gift! I can't wait to get all of the photos we took at the venue! Thanks again to everyone at David's for making our wedding day even more amazing than we could have imagined!!!

Love, Meg & Chris

Sent on 04/07/2014

My wedding ceremony and reception was held at David's Country Inn in Hackettstown, NJ. Owner Chris Falsarano and his event planner, Carolyn Clark did a spectacular job! Right from the beginning planning stages to the actual day, Chris and Carolyn kept in touch, making sure every detail was in order. Their professionalism is evident in the venue when it is all ready for your ceremony or your reception; everything runs like clock-work. One of the things I like the most about David's Country Inn is that it is warm, cozy, comfortable....this venue is not huge, although I had 170 guests and we all fit very nicely. The fact that this venue is a bit smaller lends itself to having the location all to yourself for the entire day, and that we did. We showed up at 10:30am the day of the wedding for a quick rehearsal, then changed and got ready right onsite. There are comfortable rooms upstairs for the bridal party to make use of. Our ceremony was at 4pm, immediately followed by the cocktail hour and then our reception. Our guests told me they felt like , "...they were in my living room enjoying my family". Since then all the guests have raved about the food and the wedding itself. I'm so happy to have chosen David's for my wedding venue, they do a fabulous job!

Sent on 07/03/2014

Amanda · Married on 03/21/2014

You should look no further than David's! The value is unsurpassed, and along with the caring, responsive team that works there, you will have the wedding of your dreams! Everything I had imagined came together beautifully- no detail was overlooked, and the facility is so unique. Our guests loved the decor and raved about the food. I truly could go on forever about how amazing everything was- a fairytale dream come true!!

Sent on 03/30/2014

Suzanne · Married on 11/15/2013

Do you want an absolutely amazing wedding, with great food, friendly staff, stunning photo opportunities? Than you must book at David's...no questions asked!
    This was the one place both my husband and I immediately loved and wanted to book right away! From start to finish, we were both beyond pleased with the service, professionalism, and care we received at David's Country Inn. Carolyn and Jordan walked us through the entire process and were there every step of the way. We just got married there a little bit over a week ago, and our guests are still raving about the venue. It was a little bit of a trip for both our families, but it was worth every second of the drive to get out there! The food was amazing, the staff was phenomenal, and the venue itself has so much character and charisma, it's more than we could have ever asked for! I was excited when we initially booked our special day with David's and I am thrilled with how everything turned out!!! Thank you to David's for making our day one we will never forget!

Sent on 11/26/2013

karen · Married on 11/03/2013

Jordan…it has been two weeks since Heather and Matt’s wedding. I cannot even begin to thank you and your wonderful staff for making this event absolutely perfect. We received countless complements from our guests. They loved the food, setting, service – everything. We could not have asked for a more perfect result. You work and worry for so many months that all of your plans will come together and then to actually have it happen…I really can never express our thanks. We also appreciate the manner in which you package your wedding plans. It made everything so effortless since we didn’t have to search for other vendors - florist, baker, Dj, officiant - everything right at hand. And your price structure was absolutely reasonable.

Again, thank you very much from the bottom of our hearts!

Sent on 11/17/2013