David's Country Inn Reviews

David's Country Inn 6
David's Country Inn 7
  • Amy

Amy · Married on 03/25/2017

My husband and I knew we wanted to get married at David's Country Inn the first time we ever saw the space. It has such a warm and inviting feel to it, almost like you are having a party in the comfort of your own home. I am a planner and researcher - and on this site (and other various sites) I could not find ONE negative thing about David's anywhere, and for good reason! We were in touch with Heather for a majority of our wedding planning process and always felt like she was listening to our concerns and easing any fears we may have had. Dan was with us for the rehearsal the day before and during the day of the wedding and kept us calm. He is one of the sweetest and calmest people I have met during my wedding experience (which is great for the bride day of the wedding!). I would recommend David's Country Inn to anyone looking for a warm, vintage, homey like wedding venue with an amazing space, kind staff, delicious food and lasting wedding memories.

Sent on 04/08/2017

Caroline · Married on 03/04/2017

David's Country Inn was the first stop on our list of wedding sites. After seeing this gorgeous rustic Inn, our other sites did not compare. The amount of care and quality that we received from the staff was more than i could have ever imagined. We delt mainly with Chris and Heather and they both were so genuine and kind. My husband and I were married on March 4, 2017 and had a destination wedding at this beautiful hidden gem. Having a destination wedding can be stressful enough but having one at a venue when the staff cares, makes the planning so much easier and delightful!. We were so lucky to have found this place . I am still hearing from our families about how beautiful everything was down to every detail. I would recommend David's to everyone looking for class, elegance, and professionalism. We cannot thank you enough for making our day so special!!!

Sent on 03/27/2017

Attended a Wedding here this past weekend. I am in the business so I don't usually write reviews, however, the Personal Service so impressed me I had to compliment the Staff. Don't get me wrong the Food was very good. Nice enough Cocktail Hour, Delicious Dinner and pretty substantial Dessert Table. What really stood out was the Service. Our Server Jane was extremely proficient, professional and friendly. The Manager, I later found out his name was Dan, never stopped working. Folding Napkins, clearing plates, delivering drinks all with a smile. My husband told me he even saw him in the bathroom picking up paper towels off the floor. Our cocktail server was also very attentive as was the Bartender. It seemed like a well directed and well oiled machine. Thanks David's for a great night out. ( 4 kids at home).

Sent on 02/20/2017

Robert · Married on 01/28/2017

When my daughter got engaged, she made it clear that she did not want a "wedding factory" venue. She wanted her wedding to feel like a cozy, dinner party (for 150 guests). When we walked into David's for the first time, we knew right away that this venue would be the perfect one for her vision. The old colonial building had wide blank floors, fireplaces, an old beautiful bar and an impressive hall with a balcony. The hall looked as if it could be in a building in Colonial Williamsburg. We did not visit another venue, we knew David's was the one for her.
    Our entire experience at David's was exceptional. From the beginning planning to the day of, the staff was wonderful and helpful along the way. They allowed us to decorate the rooms (fireplaces and furniture tops) to make the Inn feel like it was our own. Our guests were very impressed with the building, the food and the service. Dan Weis was the maitre'd, he ran the evening flawlessly. Looking back now on that day, we can honestly say that we would not have changed a thing. David's Country Inn gets our highest recommendation possible.

Sent on 03/10/2017

Erin · Married on 01/07/2017

David's Country Inn was absolutely amazing, everyone came up to us at the reception and remarked on how cozy and wonderful our venue was and it was a huge hit. We had a 120 person wedding and everyone was unanimous on how amazing it was. The food was delicious, I was sure to take a break from dancing to eat all the delicious courses. They also worked closely with the bakery and the florist which minimized work for us and made everything flow seamlessly. We worked with Heather who was an event coordinator at David's and she was great! She was very prompt and helpful replying to all of our questions and she kept us on a good timeline. We booked the venue about a year before the event date and she kept in contact with us and kept us up to date. She was also wonderful on the day of the wedding, she made sure the ceremony and reception flowed perfectly and worked with our other vendors to make sure everything was set up. I couldn't imagine my wedding happening in any other way at any other place, it was picture perfect and David's vintage quality fit perfectly with our aesthetic. One of my favorite places at the venue was the bar and the rooms for cocktail hour, they were so spacious but at the same time so intimate. Everyone was comfortable and relaxed. We would highly, highly recommend David's for a wedding venue!

Sent on 01/09/2017

David's Country Inn's reply:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this. And thank you for choosing us!! Congratulations!!
  • User2203798 · 2+ years ago

David's truly made my dream wedding come true! I cannot say enough good things about them, I found them while searching the internet for wedding locations and they did not disappoint. After looking at so many places where up to 6 weddings would be going on at once it was so refreshing to know ours would be the only event. And having those rooms upstairs where we could go catch a moment or bustle my gown was great. They were really great working with us to customize things we wanted that day, from lobster mac and cheese to serving warm cookies and milk shooters to each table for dessert. They were super accommodating for all of our requests, and always got back to us right away whenever we had a question. Throughout the process everyone we talked to was super helpful and made us feel special. They made sure that the vision I had for my wedding became a reality!

Sent on 02/12/2017

Kristina · Married on 10/15/2016

We had our wedding at The Loft at Jack's Barn and used David's as our caterer. Chris was very friendly and accommodating right from the start! We wanted to have a vegetarian wedding and he worked closely with us to create a menu that would satisfy us and our guests. Chris and his staff, along with the wedding coordinator Heather, worked hard to make sure our wedding day went very smoothly. My guests loved the food and I could not be happier with the service that they provided. I highly recommend David's to any couples who get married at Jack's Barn - you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Desiree · Married on 09/17/2016

David’s Country Inn is the BEST! If you are looking for an elegant wedding with classic charm, amazing food, beautiful décor, and upfront budget friendly comprehensive packages then look for further. Way too many wedding venues talk in circles offering everything as an “upgrade”. David’s solves all that for you with a large selection for cocktail hour, premium liquor, 3 course entrée, the most delicious cake, and beautiful floral centerpieces. It is nice to see that the venue is always striving to improve and make updates while still maintaining their vintage charm. The Warren Suite is one of their most recent additions and it is just perfect! Everyone wanted to move into the Suite and never leave. David’s was there every step of the way and able to answer questions right away. Their focus is to make sure you have the wedding you have dreamed of and they succeed every time.

Sent on 12/18/2016

David's Country Inn's reply:

Thank you!! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and I am soooo happy to loved everything about David's. Congratulations and happy holidays!

Kristin · Married on 09/09/2016

We chose David's Country Inn for our 9/9/16 wedding. First off, the venue is absolutely gorgeous. It was the perfect ambience that we were looking for. We booked them a year and a half in advance, so we had plenty of time to nail down all the details. Heather answered every single question I had by email or phone. Every single staff member is courteous and accommodating. About six months before the wedding, you are invited to a mock reception where you can taste a variety of the foods that are offered for cocktail hour and main meals. The food was absolutely delicious! Everyone at our wedding had something great to say about it. We used Lisa for our centerpieces as well as personal flowers. I personally don't know much about flowers, but she got what I was saying and what colors I wanted. The bouquets and centerpieces were gorgeous! The cake from Palermo's was absolutely delicious. And to top it all off, the rates are very reasonable. You have many different choices of how you want your wedding to be and David's is very flexible in regards to your requests. We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day. Thank you David's for helping us create some unforgettable memories!

Sent on 10/05/2016
  • Kaylene

Kaylene · Married on 08/20/2016

David's Country Inn is a dream come true. We haven't even had our wedding yet and I felt obligated to write a review. The staff is enormously helpful and friendly. They always respond quickly no matter how many times you email them with countless questions. I have full faith that our wedding day is going to be smooth sailing and a great time. They have great recommendations for other vendors who they work with frequently which is extremely helpful.

Update: Our wedding was perfect. Literally nothing went wrong. David's staff is phenomenal. The food is phenomenal. The space is gorgeous. You really feel like it's your own the day of your wedding. Carolyn and Heather are the perfect pair and make sure everyone is happy. I feel like part of the family now! We could not have asked for a better wedding or even planning process. We are so thankful we chose David's as our venue. We had our ceremony there as well and it was fantastic. We used their recommendations for our officiant and DJ and they were 100% right to go with them! We truly could not be happier with how the wedding turned out! THANK YOU!

Sent on 01/15/2016

Megan · Married on 07/09/2016

All I can says is WOW! David's Country Inn helped us create and have the most perfect wedding day! The David's staff (especially Heather, Carolyn, Rob, and Lisa) were fantastic to work with. They always had quick responses to emails, phone calls, great advice for planning the wedding day, and so attentive to the smallest details the day of the wedding. The tasting experience is amazing at David's Country Inn. We went will all vendors from David's preferred list, and loved the ease of the wedding day (Bryan Madrid-photography, Bob Albrecht- Fantasy DJs, Officiant- Reverend Cash). The team worked together seamlessly to create a non-stressful day and completely personal wedding day. My now husband and I wish we could re-live the day again and again. After the wedding we got rave reviews from family and friends about the beauty of the venue, accommodating staff, and fantastic food. I am so glad the guests enjoyed David's Country Inn as much as we did! My husband and I will miss working with David's Country Inn, and hope maybe one day we will get to attend another wedding there as guests!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Casey · Married on 06/26/2016

A happily ever after dream come true

David’s country inn made my wedding everything I could have asked for plus a million times more.
    I was the bride that asked a million questions and in the days before my wedding dropped off bins and bins full of all the little details. Dan responded to every question I had, accommodated all of my ends and helped make my day magical. Not only did he meticulously set up all of my picture frames, candles, candy canes and even stuffed animals but he allowed me to bring in even more Christmas trees and let it snow!
    On the big day he answered all my questions and even made sure I ate! People still talk about how beautiful the venue was and how amazing the food was!
    Already planning our 20th vow renewal!

Sent on 07/10/2019
    David's Country Inn 8
    David's Country Inn 9
    David's Country Inn 10
    David's Country Inn 11
    David's Country Inn 12

From the minute my husband and I walked into Davids we knew this was the place we wanted to celebrate our marriage. Everything about Davids is perfect. From the planning to execution it was more than we could of ever asked for. We wanted to a quaint, quiet venue, and that's exactly what we got. Everyone was raving about how beautiful everything was. We were able to make it our own, and it felt like home. We were never worried about other weddings or guests that we did not know. Being the only wedding there on a Saturday was such a relief. From the morning until night it felt like our home. Being able to feel comfortable and not cramped for space was great. They were very accommodating to my mother and other guests who are vegan, which can be quite difficult. The staff was fantastic. Our busses were running late after the wedding, I felt horrible, and no one complained or made us feel unwelcome. Unfortunately I did no get to eat everything, but what I did eat was great and from what I've heard, everything was fantastic. (When your time comes to get married, try and eat everything! :-) )They have a great team of people and I wish I could thank each and everyone of them. Thank you all for doing what you do best - you made our day perfect!

Sent on 06/20/2016

Kate · Married on 05/21/2016

Let me start with saying we could not have asked for a more perfect wedding day! We live 2 hours away from David's and drove out only having looked at their website and just simply fell in love. You have to see this place in-person. The photos don't do it justice. It is a complete dream. We were blown away when we toured and knew when we walked out of the office that day that we were going to book it for our wedding and didn't want to look any place else. Heather and Carolyn were both absolute pleasures to work with. They were absolutely amazing at responding to all of my questions and helping us put together a beautiful wedding day! Lisa did a phenomenal job with our flowers! I showed her some photos of a bouquet and boutonnieres I found online and when I saw them the morning of our wedding I was completely blown away. We had our ceremony on-site and chose to do the ceremony in the round which was so perfect for the 125 people we had. The food!!! Not your typical wedding venue food!! Absolutely delicious!! Cocktail hour was amazing! We added on the piano player for cocktail hour and everyone thought it was such a classy touch. And all of our dinner courses were wonderful!!! There were so many food options and extra add-ons like the candle package to choose from when we set everything up and we had so many guests compliment us on our beautiful choice of venue and how delicious everything was! We would 100% recommend David's Country Inn!!

Sent on 05/30/2016

Romelia · Married on 04/30/2016

Chris at David's Country Inn was such a breeze to work with for our special day! We got married at The Loft at Jack's Barn in Oxford, NJ and they were one of the recommended caters. We chose them based on how DELICIOUS their food is and how easy going they were as a whole team! While planning our wedding Chris would check in with us and I would check in with him very often and it was super easy to work with Chris. Specifically, Chris made me feel so much more at ease with the big day and it went off without a hitch. My family and my guests said how much they enjoyed their food and the service. One of my guests took notice that Chris's servers would wait until a guest sat down to place their meal so it was nice and warm for them.

Chris runs a wonderful company and the staff have been so kind and thoughtful! If I could get married again and again I would not choose anyone else, but Chris and his team to cater my wedding.

So if you are getting married or thinking about The Loft at Jack's Barn chose David's Country Inn to cater your wedding!

Sent on 05/09/2016

Katelyn · Married on 04/23/2016

We had nothing but positive experiences with David's from the minute we first met with them until our April 2016 wedding. We found the venue online after searching for a vintage-y location and took the drive up to check it out. I fell in love with the vintage decore immediately and even more in love when I heard the pricing. You really get a great deal with David's as far as everything that's included with the price per head.
    The 15 months leading up to our wedding day were a breeze with Heather and Carolyn. They were great about responding quickly and thoroughly to all emails. We received so many compliments on our venue and even had a guest book their wedding at David's! Everything the day of was perfect from the food, waitstaff, bartenders, you name it. Amazing experience that I wouldn't change a single thing about!

Sent on 06/12/2016

Lauren · Married on 04/17/2016

We can't even begin to put into words how amazing David's Country Inn was in catering our wedding. We had the ceremony and reception at The Loft at Jack's Barn in Oxford. We were given three caterers to choose from, but after meeting with Chris from David's our hearts were sold. From the second we met, everything was so personal and comfortable. From day one of planning right up until dessert, everything was perfect. Chris had open communication with us the entire time. The crew did an AMAZING job setting up the venue and made our vision come to life. We were blown away when we saw the final result. The fact that the entire event was served out of their awesome food truck was mind blowing. Everyone was very professional, and the food was OUTSTANDING!!!! We had been to a tasting a year earlier with David's, and looked forward to tasting their food again. If we had $100 for every time someone complimented us on the food, especially the cocktail hour, our wedding would have almost been paid for. We can't say enough wonderful things about them and if we had to do it again, we wouldn't have changed a thing! Thanks again Chris and the entire David's Country Inn crew.

Sent on 04/22/2016

Nora · Married on 02/20/2016

Getting married at David's Country Inn was much more then I expected for our wedding. Everything turned out way better then I thought and I couldn't be happier that we decided to have our special day there. The staff is extremely pleasant to work with, they are friendly & professional and know exactly what they are doing to make your day go smoothly. We wanted a cozy, intimate venue and David's Country Inn provided exactly that. You have the entire place to yourself, so you don't have to worry about running into other bridal parties and it has that vintage, rustic feel. Our pictures came out amazing because of the atmosphere of the venue. The food was amazing, we opted for the buffet option and all of our guests could not stop raving about the amount of food there was and how good it actually was. The location of the Inn worked out great for our family, since we are from the Bronx. We did have a hotel block about 15 minutes away but guests found that it really wasn't that far to travel to. They provide the cake and flowers for the ceremony and centerpieces. This saved us so much time with finding those venues and the cake & flowers were beautiful.I highly recommend David's Country Inn for your big day, it was amazing! Nora & Tim Feb 20th 2016

Sent on 10/09/2016

David's Country Inn is AMAZING! There is a reason why they have weddings there every weekend all year long. They are great at what they do. And they have been doing it for years so they have it down to a science.

First, the venue was perfect for us. Rustic, classy, charming... So many guests commented to us on how nice it is and how impressed they were.

We were assigned a wedding coordinator, Carolyn, to keep track of all the details. She was awesome - so helpful and nice. She went out of her way to make sure everything was perfect for us.

There's a florist on site for all the table arrangements, which are included in the price. Then they use the arrangements to break down into bouquets for your guests when they leave. What a great idea!

They work with Palermo's Bakery, which is excellent, and the cake is also included in their price. Ours was one of the few wedding cakes we've had that actually tasted good!

David's handles all the details, you just pick out what you want and everything shows up. It was a huge stress relief to know they were taking care of so many things for us, and even more importantly, that we could trust them to handle those things. We can't say enough great things about them. Everyone there is so accommodating and really works hard give you the best experience.

Sent on 01/06/2016

Erin · Married on 11/14/2015

David's Country Inn is a phenomenal venue. My husband and I were married there two weeks ago. We had our wedding ceremony and our reception there. Everything from the food, to the service, to the atmosphere was everything that I could have wanted and more for our big day. The atmosphere is rustic and warm with the fire places, the old wooden bar, and stained glass. The ceremony site was beautiful and it was so elegant walking down from the balcony to enter into the ceremony. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone for your wedding. We worked with Carolyn and with Heather, both of whom are prompt, responsive, friendly, and go out of their way to make sure that your day is special. They also help to connect you to other fantastic vendors as well. If you are looking to have an amazing wedding at a historic, unique venue, David's Country Inn is it!

Sent on 11/28/2015

Nicole · Married on 10/16/2015

I wish we could give David's a higher review than 5; they were phenomenal! They made sure every detail was laid out as we imagined. They even made sure I had food to eat with my allergy. Their service was far higher than the norm and the food was just spectacular. Each and every guest even complimented the food, service and venue.
    If you are looking for a breath taking venue that is different than the normal marble and gaudy lighting with phenomenal food and service- David's is the way to go!!

Sent on 10/21/2015

I fell in love with David's Country Inn as soon as I walked into the door. Jordan was quick to answer any and all of my questions throughout our whole wedding planning. Once the day of our wedding arrived, Jordan and her staff did not miss a beat with anything. They are so amazing and helped to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. Lisa from David's did all of our flowers, including the bridal party flowers and boutonnieres, and they looked nothing short of amazing. My family and friends still talk about how beautiful our venue was. I highly recommend David's Country Inn for your wedding day!

Sent on 10/25/2015

Stephen · Married on 08/29/2015

David's Country Inn was nothing short of amazing! The site is absolutely gorgeous. The staff is extremely helpful, professional, friendly, and attentive. Carolyn was a pleasure to work with. She was extremely helpful with the entire planning process. She answered all of the questions we had and responded to our emails efficiently. Lisa, the in house florist, did and amazing job on our flowers. She was extremely helpful and had great suggestions. The centerpieces, bouquets, corsages, and boutonnieres were all beautiful! And last but not least, Rob our maitre'd. He as well went out of his way to help us and all guests with any requests, small or large. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to get married in the Northern NJ area.

Sent on 09/01/2015

Justin · Married on 08/28/2015

David's county inn did an amazing job on our wedding. Rutherford hall was truly stunning with the landscape and lake in the background. The staff was friendly and whatever you needed they did there best to make it happen. The food is fantastic along with premium alcohol not one guest had a complaint.
    This is a truly a wonderful place to get married. The brides sister and grooms mother both have gotten remarried at David's. This location will be hopefully passed down to our children when they are ready for marriage.
    This very special day also could not happen without Global Productions DJ, MNJ Studios videographer, Anthony Ziccardi Studios and
    Rev. Richard Cash, Officiant.
    Thank you everybody for all your hard work!!

Wedding date 8-28-2015

Sent on 09/17/2015

Billie · Married on 08/01/2015

We cannot emphasize enough how grateful we are to have found David's Country Inn and how thrilled we were to have our wedding ceremony and reception there. (We opted for the outdoor ceremony at Rutherfurd Hall, actually, and it was gorgeous.) My wife and I live in Louisiana but were planning a New Jersey wedding, and from the very beginning of our planning process, the staff at David's was incredibly helpful and flexible with our long-distance wedding planning. They consulted with us over e-mail and arranged appointments with us during the whirlwind weekends we were visiting family in New Jersey and planning the wedding. We worked most closely with Carolyn and Heather, but everyone we worked with was exceptionally helpful and friendly -- and extraordinarily accommodating. I've got a long list of food allergies that severely limit both my options for dinner and at the bar, and David's worked closely with us to plan a menu that would satisfy our guests while arranging to have a meal of my choice made and brought to me at our sweetheart table, special drinks available for me at the bar, and even allergy-friendly appetizers for me during our private cocktail hour. Rob, who served as a kind of maitre-d extaordinaire for the evening made sure that we were both fed and even helped clear a path for us to our dinner in the chaos of our guest-greeting to make sure we had something to eat! David's was especially gracious in incorporating a number of our desired decorative flairs and cultural traditions -- at no additional cost. And we would be remiss if we failed to mention the artistry of Lisa Fezenko, who worked with us to envision and realize the incredible floral decor and bouquets for our wedding day. Our guests (and we ended up having several more than we anticipated -- and David's worked with us on this as well!) are still talking about how beautiful David's was and how much fun they had at our reception. - Billie & Brooke, married August 2, 2015

Sent on 10/01/2015