Davids Bridal Reviews

40 | Waldorf, MD

40 Reviews for Davids Bridal

Kristi · Married on 09/15/2009

They were helpful and attentive, but if you are looking for an inexpensive dress, it can take a long time to find the right one.

Sent on 11/03/2009

Diana · Married on 06/19/2013

2.0

The ease of buying a dress from here was nice... the prices vary so no matter your budget you can find something you will be able to afford and love. And there's always discounts for all of your bride'smaids and mother of the bride/groom dresses!!
    The staff was very professional & attentive. You should definitely make an appt. so that you don't have to wait for the next available attendant. Also, I dont recommend going here on a weekend, they tend to get very busy!

The only con is they don't allow returns, & to me that's no bueno!! It makes sense if you've altered a dress or w/undergarments, but accessories if they aren't worn/used should be allowed back.

Sent on 06/30/2013
  • Amanda

Amanda · Married on 06/20/2009

3.0

Used for bridesmaids dresses; no complaints

Sent on 09/23/2009

Nicole · Married on 11/22/2008

3.5

My bridesmaids got thier dresses from David's. The sales people were nice and helpful. I had already picked out a dress for the girls to wear but due to different body types it did was not flattering to everyone. The sales people helped to find a similar dress that would look great on all the girls and it did! The dresses came in quickly. The only issue we had is that they ordered the wrong color dress for my matron of honor. She was to have a different color. We did not realize their mistake until we had drove an hour to pick it up. They fixed thier mistake by quickly ordering another one and shipping it to us. We were given a number of a manager to call to be compensated in some way but my call was never returned. The important thing was that all the girls had their correct dresses and looked great!

Nicole Tuite

Sent on 04/15/2009

Kimberley · Married on 08/16/2008

3.2
      3.0

My dress was ordered correctly and arrived early. The alterations department on the other hand were questionalable-- but after 4 tries-- the dress was beautiful. Accessories were highly over priced and you could get the same items for 1/2 the cost on line.

Sent on 09/12/2008

Christina · Married on 05/03/2008

1.5

There were mulitiple dresses that we considered for the brides maids that could not be delivered in time for the wedding date:(

Sent on 09/21/2008

Anna · Married on 07/17/2010

2.6
      2.0

I loved the dresses but service was so-so.

Sent on 08/06/2010

Cheryl · Married on 08/01/2009

2.6
      2.0

Although my consultant was wonderful and my dress was beautiful, some of the associates were rude and I was not called in a timely manner when my bridesmaid dresses were in. SOME of the associates treat plus size women with total disrepect and in a very rude manner.

Sent on 08/06/2009
  • Greg

Greg · Married on 04/21/2012

2.4
      2.0

Sorry to say, I did not have a good experience with the David's Bridal in my area. Their dresses and assessories are gorgeous! But the several mix ups, which were costly for me, were horrible.
    If I were to do it all again, I would not choose David's Bridal...at least I wouldn't choose that one.
    There was one young lady who stepped in and totally fixed everything, though. Sad that I didn't encounter her until the end.

Sent on 05/02/2012

Tiffany · Married on 10/25/2008

2.4
      2.5

I gave 2.5 stars for everything b/c sometimes they were great to work with and other times terrible. I tried on ALOT of dresses on several different trips--I visited the stores in Austin-TX, Rockville, Glen Burnie, and ended up buying Waldorf. It's amazing how different the sales people can be--some are super nice, some are pushy and rude. My advice is to know what you are looking for before you go in there and don't let them sway you. It's nice to be able to try on different necklaces, shoes, etc. with the dress in the store but all are way over priced. We were disappointed in the options for bridesmaid dresses with sleeves and bought those elsewhere. Price was reasonable for the dres but alterations seemed ridiculous-- over a hundred for just a hem and bustle. Everything arrived before the promised date which was a relief.

Sent on 11/13/2008

2.0

I did not have a good experience here. I did have a budget, so they brought me to the sales rack. Which was fine. They had none of the dresses I had brought pictures of except the only one not on sale. While the dresses were all nice, they were all strapless. When I asked to see the one I had found online, that had sleeves, they told me I wouldn't want that one and that strapless is what was in. I demanded to see that dress and it ended up being the one I chose for my wedding. The one they told me I wouldn't like. They tried to make me get alterations with them, which we didn't want because my mom can sew. They also kept trying to sell us photography and bridesmaid dresses. none of which we wanted from them. Then, we set up the payment plan for 12 months with no interest. but, six months later we receive a bill showing hundreds of dollars of interest built up. When we called the company, they sent an inquiry and denied that it was for twelve months, that was a photography package deal. We never talked about payment plans for photography, so this is not correct. We called again and got another girl who told us it was obvious that we were under the impression we had twelve months, because our payments were perfect to pay it off by twelve months. No news on what is going to happen with payments now, we're still waiting to hear back. they only got the stars they did because I did find my dress there.

Sent on 08/05/2013

Megan · Married on 02/02/2008

1.8
      1.5

I had mixed experiences with David's Bridal. The worst of the experiences dealt with the bridesmaids' shoes. I bought 4 pairs of dyeable shoes through the Waldorf bridal and got them dyed navy blue. They called us to come pick up the shoes and when we went in to get them they weren't and no one seemed to have an idea as to what the status of the shoes was. Then finally we got it worked out. When we finally did pick them up, they told us that the shoes were not waterproof and would definitely run if they got wet. We scotchguarded the shoes like they suggested and they still dyed the bridesmaids feet blue. What upset me and the maids most was that they didn't say anything about the dye not being waterproof before we got them dyed.
    My other problem with David's actually happened with another store. I got my dress from a different David's store, the one in Richmond, Virginia. At first all my experiences were good until my wedding day. The beads on my dress kept fallling off and coming off. The dress mostly stayed intact, but almost every time I touched my dress there would be a bead in my hand.

Sent on 02/20/2008

Morgan · Married on 10/18/2015

1.0

Worst experiences I've ever had! Made an appointment to try on dresses and when I got there they told me they couldn't take me because they took in a walkin instead. Eventually they helped me and I bought a $1500 dress. They never told me it was in, I called and they were rude saying "it's been in". I asked if I need to make an appointment to get it taken in and they said no. So, I go to get sized and when they get my dress they hang it up and say "here". No one even offered to help me put it on and every time we needed help she would go the other way or get mad if we asked a question. Then they tell me that I needed an appointment to go over alterations even though they had told me I didn't previously. Then they insist on telling me that it will be $500 in alterations, including a bustle which the sales lady had said that it already bustled. Finally they tell me that the dress has to go home with me (I live with my fiancé) and gave me nothing to take it home in. I was in tears by this point and went to complain to the manager about my experience but all she said was "you can buy a garment bag". Not only are they rude in person but every time my bridesmaids called they had an attitude with them as well. At times they'd even have personal conversations with other coworkers while on the phone with my bridesmaids. I recommend going to another store because ALL of the employees I've dealt with have been rude or didn't bother helping us.

Sent on 04/06/2015

Crissy · Married on 09/13/2008

0.6
      0.0
      0.0
      1.0

We had a horrible experience at this David's Bridal. We were lead to believe our dresses were going on clearance so we needed to buy them that night so we scrambled to get all of our bridesmaids in and fitted. Needless to say, 9 months later, the dress has not gone on clearance and is still availabel for purchase.

Sent on 09/29/2008

Nerissa · Married on 09/02/2018

0.4
      0.5

Just left the store with the most upsetting feeling because of an unbelievable racial comment said by Katie K. We were comparing earrings and she mentioned I should choose one over the other because one was, “Asian tacky” and she claimed she could say that because, “her ex was Vietnamese”. Little did she know, I’m Asian and my fiancé is Asian as well. No, Katie, dating an Asian does not give you privilege to say a racially charged comment like that. It does not give you the right to group an ethnicity in a negative manner. And it definitely should not give you the right to make Asian customers feel uncomfortable while shopping for their wedding day.

Had no idea this is how David’s Bridal in Waldorf does business. Do better.

Sent on 07/29/2018