Davids Bridal Reviews

23 | Clarksville, IN

23 Reviews for Davids Bridal

Shawna · Married on 11/01/2014

Nicest staff and very helpful in getting me the perfect wedding dress! Also got my wedding invites and they were beautiful!

Sent on 02/09/2017
  • Krystina

Krystina · Married on 06/18/2011

I worked with Cedric here and he was amazing. I tried on many dresses and came back multiple times before making my final decision. Each time he was more than happy to meet with me and never rushed or pressured.

Sent on 02/26/2012

Siobh · Married on 10/20/2007

The staff was very helpful with a friend of minesd attire. It was difficult for her to finds a dress that fit her and she also needed reccomendations about undergarments. Luckily a member of staff had previously worked at a lingerie line and everything was worked out before the wedding. Its a lot of work planning everything yourself and a little extra help and advice is great!

Sent on 04/26/2008
  • I

Rachel · Married on 07/17/2008

I got an $1100 dress for $800 during the $99 Dress Sale. They altered for me and had it ready by the wedding, in addition to steaming my veil. The dress was altered a little too short, but since it was ruffled and didn't have a traditional hem, I didn't complain. The 12 months same as cash is also nice, just be sure to pay it off before the 12 months is done, or you'll get stuck with several hundred in interest.

Sent on 08/23/2008

Matt · Married on 06/08/2007

Good service. Can be a little pricey, but the convenience it worth it. Everyone that worked there was very nice.

Sent on 04/11/2008

Danielle · Married on 04/27/2008

4.2
      3.5

Found my dress for $99! Got my dress, shoes, and veil here and also bridesmaids dresses.

Sent on 06/02/2008
  • Mrs Lisa M.

Lisa · Married on 04/19/2014

3.5

My experience was great. The consultants have been very helpful. Always have a smile.

Sent on 01/19/2014

Amanda · Married on 06/17/2006

3.0

I had a very low budget and David's Bridals $99 sale really helped me to get the dress that I wanted. This is also where I found the most gorgeous tiara and all of my jewelry. I loved the experience so much that I had all of my bridesmaids shop their for their attire as well. It was overall a wonderful place to shop.

Sent on 10/31/2007

Christy · Married on 11/13/2015

3.5

Overall a decent experience. Was able to purchase both my wedding dress and the bridesmaid dresses the same day. Salon was not busy, so was able to be attended to the entire visit. Consultant was very pleasant and helpful. Prices are over the top for accessories. Would not recommend purchasing jewelry, shoes or veil from salon. Delivery of wedding dress was quicker than expected. However, they failed to notify me when my daughters bridesmaid dress was delivered. Cost of alterations are more than average costs and booking an appt is weeks if not months out. I cannot speak of quality since I did not use their alterations.

Sent on 08/14/2015
  • Valencia

Valencia · Married on 09/17/2011

3.5

They were very helpful with helping me find my gown. I'm plus sized and they made sure I had the most figure flattering dress.

Sent on 10/11/2011

Cassandra · Married on 05/16/2009

3.5

I bought my dress from Davids Bridal, and loved it! The only thing that bothered me some was that I told the lady that was helping me pick it out that I was on a budget, and she still brought me dresses way out of my price range and kept whispering to me to just get a Davids Bridal credit card and throw my balance on there. I did not want a credit card to pay for my dress and told her so. I was asking about the price of everything, and when it came to the veil she picked out, I loved it and asked her the price. She said she didn't know what the price was, but would find out. She never did, and I was happy to find a dress in my price range, and had forgotten about about getting the price of the veil. We get up to the register to pay, the lady tells me how much I owe, and I was very suprised about the price being higher than I thought. After paying for it, I got the receipt, and the veil was 200.00!! I didn't want to spend that much on a veil, but was stuck with it because all sales are final.

Sent on 06/09/2009

Nicole · Married on 09/20/2008

3.0

In this economy, a lot of us have to go with what is most cost effective. I got almost the identical dress at David's that I saw at a boutique for hundreds more. On the other hand, because of the low cost, you also get a low quality of service. I got the "herding cattle" feeling when shopping there. They want to get you in and out as quickly as possible, and dont take the time with you like they do at boutiques. And the alterations were very expensive for such poor service. Although I got my dress at a great price, I did not feel like a happy, beautiful bride when shopping there.

Sent on 01/12/2009

Kim · Married on 09/25/2010

3.0

I have had both good and bad experiences with David's Bridal. I went to one in Bloomington, Indiana and absolutely HATED it. The employee's were all so rude and although I had an appointment scheduled, I had to wait at least 30-45 minutes before I was helped. When I finally received service I was scolded by the lady because I was carrying a dress that I liked. No one had told me what to do with them once I found ones I liked. Then my maid of honor overheard them talking about me. How rude! So we decided to try the one in Clarksville and it was SO much better! They were all so polite and great! I got a lot of help and everyone was very honest about how dresses looked. Now that being said, I did have some problems with the alteration department. I had gone in for my fitting and my dress was a little big. I had my mother and my mother in law with me and they both commented on certain areas that needed taken in and I agreed. The lady marked everything with pins and took notes. There were also a couple of places that needed fixed where some beads had come loose. She gave me a date of when I could come pick it up and I was really excited. Two days before I was supposed to pick it up I get a phone call from the lady telling me that she doesn't really remember what her notes mean and that she hasn't done anything to the dress because basically she doesn't know what to do. So she asked if I could come in for another fitting so that she could remember what she was supposed to do. This would delay my dress being finished by at least another week or two. When I went in for the appointment it wasn't even the lady that I had been working with but someone entirely different! I was trying to expalin to her what was supposed to be done but she wasn't understanding and basically told me that I should just take it as is. I was so ticked off by this time that I just took the dress home. It ended up sliding down on me all night and my bridesmaids had to keep pulling it up for me but oh well. It was still a beautiful dress and beautiful wedding.

Sent on 10/20/2010

Tiffany · Married on 11/10/2007

2.0

David's Bridal was fabulous. The first time I was there a girl named Jenny helped me with probably 15 dresses. We were there past closing and she never said peep.

Anytime after that the customer service wasn't as good, but the alterations crew were very friendly and good at what they do.

Sent on 01/04/2008

Cheryl · Married on 06/22/2007

3.0

I wish the $99 sale had more available dresses. I had no problems trying on the dresses and getting my tailoring done.

Sent on 07/10/2008

Abrah · Married on 08/30/2008

2.6
      1.0

Davids wasnt my favorite, if I had to do it over I would not go back...with the exception of one nice lady everyone was rude and it was like i inconvenienced them by being there.

Sent on 12/02/2008

Leisa · Married on 05/16/2009

2.4
      0.5

David's Bridal was a disappointment mostly because of their management of the store we used. We did receive all of the dresses in a timely manner but in alterations of one of the dresses, the manager was very rude and unprofessional. I would not use this particular store but would choose another David's Bridal in the area. The dresses were very beautiful.

Sent on 06/02/2009

Shelley · Married on 05/17/2008

2.2
      3.0

The dress wound up being gorgeous, but the cost was rather high (for a dress that's worn once). The help was crap. Honestly, I've never seen worse customer service. But the alterations department was absolutely wonderful and made up for the crap I had to put up with from the other workers.

Sent on 07/10/2008
  • F

Erin · Married on 08/05/2006

1.8
      3.0

Yikes. Yes, you can find a wonderfully priced dress, but I wouldn't recommend buying here. We had difficulty scheduling fittings and were not always able to begin fittings on time. While the seamstresses and salesladies were lovely themselves, general operations seemed pretty disorganized. Our bridesmaids' dresses orders were botched and had to be reordered and delivered scarily close to the wedding date... it was one scare after another.

The worst of it was that they bustled my train incorrectly so at the reception it kept falling and people kept stepping on it in crowded situations where there was no way to avoid it, ripping and tearing layers of the organza, etc. It was so awful. I promise you- this was not a situation where we didn't know what we were doing. We practiced with the seamstresses at David's Bridal many times and were very clear on their instructions for bustling. We did precisely what they instructed.

We kept trying to adjust it and so forth, but there was nothing we could do. We took the dress to a professional seamstress in the area (after the fact) who advised that the train was much to heavy for the type of bustle that they used, and said we needed to ask for them to repair the damage since the train only fell b/c it had the wrong bustle.

I didn't expect them to do it, but obviously the independent seamstress was right b/c when we took it back post-wedding, they agreed and did mend as best they could. Still, there's only so much you can do to repair rips like that.

ANYWAY- it was a beautiful dress, and they did try to make it right (as much as possible) in the end, but only because we were very precise and had other professional opinions to back us up.

I urge you to shop with caution. If you can find a dress that you can have altered elsewhere or that requires no bustle or nothing but VERY simple alterations, maybe you'll be okay. Just be careful. I really wanted to preserve my dress and would hate to see this happen to another bride.

Sent on 06/15/2008

Candace · Married on 01/01/2010

1.2
      1.5

David's Bridal was the biggest headache of my entire wedding planning process. They didn't have my dress in my size and said they couldn't order it. I told them I would have it altered, but declined to have it altered there because they were so much more expensive than any other alterations places I knew. I asked them to still do the bead check since I bought my dress off the rack and they said it would take a week. I came back a week later and they just shuffled me around from person to person for 15 minutes (making me late to my next appointment) before telling me that my dress was forgotten about.

I had 5 different dresses being worn among my 10 bridesmaids (2 bridesmaids wearing each style) and found a few short weeks later that two of the dresses had been discontinued with no warning from David's Bridal. One bridesmaid had already purchased the dress and one hadn't...but DB wouldn't let the one who had return her dress so the two could still match even though they had failed to tell me that the dress would no longer be available after a certain date.

Besides that the customer service was terrible, their computer systems were perpetually flawed, and their management is the worst I've seen of any business. The ONLY positive thing I took away from David's Bridal were the discounts I received for buying my dress there.

Sent on 01/19/2010

Jenna · Married on 11/01/2008

0.8
      0.0

I think that Davids Bridal is the worst place to deal with! I got engaged back in April '08 and i went in there atleast 50 times to deal with everything to my wedding dress to the little flower girls. It seems like they went out of their way to make it a living hell for me while I was there. It is funny now, but I noticed all the times that I had went in there, if I was dressed not as great, wearing sweats or something like that they wouldn't even give me the time of day. Hey, I work nights and for me to wake up at 7am, your gonna see me in sweats! But if I went in there dressed regularly they were not as hostile. My maid of honor wanted her dress steamed before she took it home and the women working were very rude about it, but the decided to do it with the dress still on her. They burnt her arm badly because they weren't paying attention to what they were doing, and didn't even apologize. While we were waiting another bride was getting fitted and was telling us about how she had wanted to buy a dress off the rack because it was a little bit cheaper, but they said they couldn't do that, I thought it was quite funny considering that my dress that I had tried on prior to that day wasn't there anymore because the woman said it was sold. Anyways, the girl went ahead and ordered a brand new one. When it came in, she tried it on and it was DIRTY at the bottom where girls had tried it on in the store and walked around getting it dirty, clearly it was right off the rack. Davids bridal argued with this woman that it was brand new and it was supposed to look like that. They got a different size of the same dress off the rack and it didn't have that. Davids Bridal would not give her a refund or anything. If I had known we were going to deal with that much trouble, I had went somewhere else. I would NEVER recommend ANY Davids Bridal to anyone.

Sent on 11/23/2008

Erin · Married on 09/30/2017

0.4
      0.5

I bought my dress from David's Bridal also my bridesmaids dresses. Well, the lady ordered the wrong bridesmaids dresses color and sizes! And was told we could get the color of one dress but that was a lie. My wedding dress was originally a halter dress in which I had the halter removed and they had to let it out a little on the sides.
    The second time going back to David's Bridal I had to make sure they reordered the right bridesmaids dresses. Keep in mind it's a 65 mile round trip for me.
    The third trip back to David's Bridal was to pick up my dress from alterations. The seamstress left loose strings and the two snaps were defective. And was told I couldn't wear my corset (80.00) and had to have bra cups inserted! And had the nerve to charge for the bra cups after all the screw ups previously. I wasn't offered any type of discount.
    Fourth time to David's Bridal....yeah, they know my face pretty well; to take my dress BACK to alterations because the bustle was all wrong and the bra cups had one single stitch and little did I know there's 3 ways they sew in bra cups. Why didn't I get an option??? So I'm currently waiting for them to call me to pick it up, oh and on each side of my dress has to come in a half inch now!! Yesterday, I called the main headquarters and told them everything. I'm waiting patiently....not too much longer for them to get a hold of the district manager because I demanded a refund on all the inconvenience, alterations ect.... My dress is retired so I cannot get it again. I've invested over 300.00 in alterations!!!! And for them to be so selfish; I posted my story all over their social media sites. And I will be refunded I promise that! So with all that being said, I HIGHLY do not recommended going to David's Bridal!!

Sent on 08/30/2017

Sarah · Married on 05/29/2010

0.0

I was very upset with Davids Bridal on their professionalism and the way they handle customers. I think they are very rude and disorganized. I would never tell anyone to go there. It was a joke!

Sent on 06/15/2010