Davids Bridal Reviews

36 | Athens, GA

36 Reviews for Davids Bridal

Jessica · Married on 08/05/2015

David's Bridal in Athens was great. They were very knowledgeable and were very helpful while I was picking out a dress. When I returned for the first alterations appointment, they didn't have me on the books. Instead of turning me away, they called in their seamstress early and she took great care of me! I would definitely recommend this David's Bridal for their service.

Sent on 05/11/2015

Mary Ruth · Married on 07/09/2011

Just loved the experience with shopping with my daughters. My youngest was the bride and the older one the maid of honor. The staff were helpful and you could tell they love their job. We picked out the wedding dress the first visit and they went back another time with some of the bridesmaids to pick out their dresses. Great experience all round. Bride and party were beautiful.

Sent on 08/06/2011

chelsey · Married on 06/10/2011

The ladies at this store were so helpful! You know they love their job! My oleg cassini dress was PERFECT! Thankyou ladies!

Sent on 07/08/2011

Ricky · Married on 07/10/2010

Everything was beautiful and arrived early!!

Sent on 07/20/2010
  • Mary Elizabeth

Mary Elizabeth · Married on 06/17/2010

Fabulous store. Amazing service. They honored a sale that was going to start a few days later. They were very flexible and never rushed me at all. I could try on as many dresses as I wanted. What a wonderful experience.

Sent on 07/16/2010
  • Erica

Erica · Married on 10/10/2008

Everything about my experience with David's Bridal was perfect. I walked in, told them what style I wanted and they pulled 4 dresses. My dress was the second one I tried on. The price was amazing and the dress was absolutely gorgeous. Shelley was the sweetest most sensitive woman. She cared for my every need and my mother, sister and sister-in-law were treated like they were the bride too. Not only did I find the right dress for me but we also found my matron of honor's dress there. I loved the color (terracotta) and the style which had a bit of old fashioned lace on the bodice. I also found my step daughter's bridesmaid dress there too. The alterations were perfect. Miss Erna also took the time to show my sister exactly how to put my dress up after the ceremony. We all got along beautifully and had a good time just hanging out and laughing. I had such a great time there. I told my mom when were leaving - I couldn't have asked for an easier time trying to find my dress. I had no expectations about finding my dress that day so when I did, I was blown away. Thank you David's Bridal.

Sent on 10/28/2008

Kristen · Married on 05/10/2008

The consultants worked with me as I went through all the dresses to find the perfect one!!!!

Sent on 06/30/2008

Brandi · Married on 10/20/2007

Everyone if you live around the Athens area, go see Shelly at Davids Bridal she is wonderful, Shelly and I went through 20 dresses until I found my dream dress and she made sure I had it before my BIG day and It was a dream to work with her!

Sent on 12/02/2007

Ashley · Married on 12/30/2006

I went to get my vail and jewelry from David's bridal with my step mom in Atlanta. We shopped all day long and because I didn't have the best experience with the David's bridal in upstate ny, I didn't really want to go to this one. But we were striking out left and right and went to this one. This store was much bigger and after taking a look at my dress and listening to what we wanted, she ran out back to the storage where a new shipment just came in and the jewelry hadn't yet been displayed. She came out with exactly what we were looking for!!!

Sent on 03/27/2008
  • Molly

Molly · Married on 06/30/2018

I purchased my wedding dress off the rack and all of my bridesmaids purchased their dresses from this David's Bridal. I was so happy to get my dress for a great price and I was able to get the same fittings and complementary steam cleaning. Everyone was always very accommodating and friendly at the Athens, David's Bridal. I also purchased my veil and shoes from David's Bridal and was really pleased with how everything went well together!

Sent on 12/01/2013

Lisa · Married on 05/18/2012

I was very happy with the service I received at this location. The dress selection was extensive and the dress I chose had a matching veil that was in stock and did not have to be ordered. The maids' dresses that had to be ordered came in when they were scheduled to. I had to order my mom's dress and when she changed her mind a month before the wedding, we were able to return the first dress, order and alter the new dress in plenty of time.
    A consultant called me to remind me of appointments and by the last trip into the store they knew my name! Everyone I worked with was very professional and nice. The only drawback I have to say is that I had a different consultant each time, so it felt like I was starting over each time, but each new person got up to speed very quickly and was easy to work with.

Sent on 05/30/2012
  • adrienne

adrienne · Married on 06/24/2011

The ladies at Davids Bridal in Athens were very helpful and wonderful! I didn't have time to order a dress, therefore, they assisted me in finding one off the rack. It was perfect! They were so sweet and listened well to what I had in mind. It was very busy there though, so I would recommend going during the week.

Sent on 07/12/2011
  • kimberpoll

Kimberly · Married on 06/10/2011

I got my dress here and I loved it! Most of the workers were very friendly and exciting to be with during the whole process and they were quick to fix any problems. My dress was on the $99 sale a day before I went in to buy it and they would not honor that price for me which was a bummer...but the price was still good for the dress.

Sent on 07/01/2011

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2009

I loved my dress... never thought I would go to David's Bridal, but when I saw their line by Oleg Cassini I changed my mind... my dress was so detailed & had a somewhat vintage feel to it.. it was perfect!! And it came at an amazing price!!

Sent on 02/02/2010

Lisa · Married on 04/11/2010

I got my dress, all of my jewelry, my veil, my alterations, and 5 bridesmaids dresses at the Athens Davids Bridal. All of the ladies who work there are friendly and helpful. The prices are fantastic, and I was able to take my wedding dress home with me the day I picked it out. Not many brides get to say that. The bridesmaids dresses all came in much earlier than the estimated time and were all beautiful. My alterations were done right the first time and were done when they said they would be. My favorite thing about DB is the selection and convenience you get for the price, they're really much easier to deal with than a boutique. And I love the Clover color!

Sent on 04/27/2010
  • sammik

Samantha · Married on 09/20/2009

I was hesitant to visit a David's Bridal because I had heard horror stories from other brides. However, I found a great dress on their website and knew I had to at least try it on. My personal consultant, Amelia, was absolutely amazing: she was attentive and friendly the entire time I was trying on dresses. In the end, the dress I had picked out was not for me, but Amelia brought me my dream dress and I purchased it that same day.

The alterations department has been a bit confusing to work with, but overall, that doesn't detract from my experience. I found a great dress at a great price and I couldn't be happier!

Sent on 07/02/2009
  • dolface546

Garland · Married on 05/31/2008

Great service except during alterations. You do have to make appointments but my alterations appointments were interrupted by people picking up without appointments. Alterations were very expensive and the ladies made several comments I didn't appreciate. The store staff however was GREAT every time I was in there.

Sent on 06/18/2008

Michelle · Married on 11/13/2010

I had a great experience with David's Bridal in Athens. I bought my gown there, my bridesmaids got their dresses there (discounted b/c of my gown), my mom got here MOB dress there.
    I loved my gown, and the alterations truly made it mine. The alterations ended up being more expensive than I had anticipated, so I was a little upset by that, but they did such a good job with taking it in and with the bustle that in the end, it was definitely worth it.
    DB was easy to work with, and my dress was beautiful and made me feel beautiful! I liked the convenience of one-stop-shopping, and they do a great job of giving discounts to other members of your wedding party.

Sent on 11/24/2010

Kamila · Married on 07/03/2010

This location was very helpful it was the only place in the state that had my dress to try on. Also they sent it to me for no charge.

Sent on 09/26/2011

Amy · Married on 06/28/2014

David's Bridal was so helpful in looking for my dress. I tried on the first dress there and I knew it was the one! It was also at a great price. I found my shoes, jewelry, veil, wedding gown, and bridesmaids dresses all in the same day!

Sent on 03/29/2014

Miko · Married on 04/09/2011

3.0

The best thing about this location are the people Abby and Leila! youll find your dress no matter where you go! But the peole who will do whatever you need even at the last minute. Who is accommodating to every detail. Who can pull rabbit out of a HAT these people right here I love them! Thank you.

Sent on 04/11/2011

Holly · Married on 02/23/2008

They were there when I needed help.... We got married earlier than we expected and I was still able to have everything within a month and it looked wonderful!!

Sent on 08/31/2008
  • Heather

Heather · Married on 09/18/2010

4.2

I purchased a gown from their $99 sale. It was so pretty and I loved it. Everyone was super sweet except one lady who I unfortunately can not remember her name. I also purchased 4 bridesmaids dress, my daughters flower girl dress, me veil and everyone's shoes from here. THEY HAVE EXCELLENT PRICES!

Sent on 10/05/2010

Beth · Married on 07/05/2008

4.2

Loved my dress and the girls who work there. The seamstress who fitted me was especially nice...Lori I think.

Sent on 07/22/2008

3.0

my dress was beautiful! i think buying your dress from a "chain" can seem not so glamorous, but my dress was perfect and I didn't want to take it off. It was on sale (bought during their summer sale promotion in 2015) and it was an INCREDIBLE deal. I think my mom paid more for her dress at a boutique than i did for my dress!!

Sent on 05/06/2016