David Payne Photography Reviews

David Payne Photography 4
David Payne Photography 5
David Payne Photography 6
David Payne Photography 7

David was amazing! He was very patient, adaptable to our needs and efficient when taking photos. We will use him again when we need our baby pictures done!! The price and value of the photos were attainable as well as reasonable!

Sent on 06/05/2013

Jennifer · Married on 04/20/2013

David took wonderful nontraditional wedding pictures. We were hard clients since we gave no direction just asked for lots of photos.

Sent on 06/11/2013

David Payne Photography's reply:

Thanks Jennifer. You weren't hard at all. Had fun!!

Shonjrell · Married on 03/09/2013

David Payne is wonderful. My photos were absolutely gorgeous and I have never seen a wedding album like ours! He took way over 800 photos from the beginning of the day through our reception, and everytime I look at them I feel like I am reliving the day. Definitely would recommend his services to anyone, worth every penny and more!

Sent on 06/06/2013

David Payne Photography's reply:

Thanks Shonjrell. Hope you enjoy them for years to come.

Dave was a great person to work with. We love our wedding picture. He answered all our questions and gave us alot of direction as far as what to expect for the day. I would highly recommend him to any of my friends and family.

Sent on 05/30/2013

Thanks Debbie

Great photographer, very professional, reasonable rates and quick turnaround on pictures

Sent on 08/24/2012

katie · Married on 06/30/2012

David Payne did an exceptional job shooting our wedding, reh. dinner, and my Bridal Pictures. We couldn't have been happier. Not only is he professional, but also a pleasure to work with. He worked very hard coordinating meetings, shoots, and emails while I was planning my Knoxville Wedding from California!

Sent on 08/20/2012

Tiffany · Married on 05/06/2012

My husband and I were very happy to have David Payne photograph our wedding. He captured the day beautifullly!

Sent on 05/31/2013

Thanks Tiffany

Jasmine · Married on 06/05/2010

This photographer was very professional. He does great work and a very smart choice to hire. We live in Charlotte and he is from Knoxville and he still made great accommodations for us. His packages are a great deal and wonderful quality. Would recommend to a friend!!

Caitlyn · Married on 05/21/2010

My husband and I had the absolute BEST experience with David and his wife Debbie. He was prompt with all communication and production of the photos. His prices are VERY fair and reasonable. He is great to work with and has fantastic skills. I am so happy that I found him to take our wedding photos. The photos and album he designed are truly incredible.

I would recommend David for any type of event - especially weddings (big or small). His talent and personality cannot be matched! It was so easy to get along with him.

I definitely hope to use his services again in the future!

Kristen · Married on 04/10/2010

David Payne is incredibly talented. He took all of our engagement pictures as well as our wedding pictures and everything turned out amazing! He was very easy to work with, dependable and did an unbelievable job taking, editing and displaying our pictures. We absolutely loved all of his work and everyone is blown away whenever we show them our wedding album. I promise you will be very happy if you entrust David Payne to preserve memories of your special day. He's fantastic!

Sent on 09/19/2010

Karrie · Married on 10/24/2009

David was an amazing photographer. He was very comfortable to be around and it made for awesome pictures. My husband and I will definitely be using him again for more family pictures and pregnancy pictures when the time comes!

Sarah · Married on 10/10/2009

David Payne was such a pleasure to work with. I felt like he was the part of the family! He captured the most beautiful moments in time at our wedding. I highly recomend using David Payne as your photographer for all special events in your life! You won't regret it!

• hizzle85

Holley · Married on 09/09/2009

David Payne was amazing. He was all for trying different shots and very good about getting the shots we wanted. He did an HTTP/1.19/dwr/call/plaincall/AjaxGuestlistMenu.getMenuOverview.dwr 10.38.2.240��www.weddingwire.comP �*/*�en-us�
    :https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding/UserMyGuests?menu=menu3�
    text/plain�
    gzip, deflate�KMozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; InfoPath.1)� www.weddingwire.com�236�
    Keep-Alive
    Cache-Controlno-cache� �wedding_wire_cookie=1040328202.20480.0000; s_cc=true; s_sq=marthacomweddingwire=%26pid%3Dww%253Amy-guest%26pidt%3D1%callCount=1
    page=/wedding/UserMyGuests?menu=menu3
    httpSessionId

Sent on 09/30/2009

Amy · Married on 08/22/2009

Loved the pictures. Our album was amazing, and David was extremely good about making sure we were satisfied with the pictures we received. Our family and friends couldn't believe the quality of pictures we received for the cost! I've told several friends about him, and we will probably be back to him for maternity pics farther down the road. :)

Darla · Married on 08/08/2009

David did an AMAZING job on our wedding. He was so flexible and easy to communicate with, if he missed my call he would call back within the hour and he was very quick with emails. He was creative and worked hard to make sure we were happy. Everyone that saw our pictures said they belonged in a magazine. David was the only photographer I met with and I would hire him again in a heart beat.

Sent on 09/17/2010

I would use him again. David took beautiful, high quality pictures and he gives you digital copies of them all on a fancy flash drive. He is very professional and nice. He ended up giving us an extra hour for free and I'm not sure why.

The only negative is how much he asked my opinion of pictures on the wedding day - my brain was mostly fried and not functioning so I did want to make decisions. But he sure does let you take the reins of what pictures you want.

Also, the pictures are available for everyone to see and download for free! My family really appreciated that. The prints from his website come on high-quality photo paper and are very cheap - starting at $0.35 (plus shipping).

David was a great photographer! He's not overly friendly, instead of mingling with guests, he takes his work seriously and the results are lots professional pictures.

Sent on 07/24/2015

Morgan · Married on 09/14/2013

Amazing work. All of my guests also commented on how hard he worked, and the quality photos were stunning.

Sent on 09/24/2013

Marcia QUinby · Married on 08/03/2019

I love my pictures

I’m really happy we chose him to be our photographer, he was very professional and the pictures look GREAT!!!

Sent on 09/02/2019
    David Payne Photography 8

Erica · Married on 06/20/2015

Wonderful photographer! Very professional and flexible! Definitely worth the price and will work with your budget! I would recommend this photographer to anyone searching for a wedding photographer!

Sent on 07/03/2015

David Payne Photography's reply:

Thanks Erica!!! It was a pleasure to serve you!

Dave
  • User4204132 · 2+ years ago

Beautiful photos! David definitely knows his photography.

Sent on 06/26/2014

Layla · Married on 08/18/2018

David was great! He made sure everything I asked for was done and was so nice. His prices were very reasonable when a lot of photographers in Knoxville are very over priced. And we got are pictures back pretty fast. I would definitely recommend him to capture your big events.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Ashley · Married on 08/07/2010

David was an awesome photographer! I recommend him to anyone. The pricing was great, copyright release on the photos, and the pictures turned out better than I expected! He is also very easy to work with! GREAT photographer!

Sent on 12/12/2010

3.6
      3.5
      3.0

David shot my engagement pictures and wedding last August. I LOVED our engagement pictures. He made it very easy for my husband and I to act ourselves during the session. He did a great job with the one on one aspect of the session. He also shot our wedding. Overall a good experience he was very quick to respond to emails and request during the planning process.

Sent on 05/13/2014

David Payne Photography's reply:

I really enjoyed working with you and your husband and had a blast doing both your Engagement and Wedding!!! You are a very photogenic couple and I think you have some great pictures. You were an adorable couple, had a great wedding, and were a pleasure to work with!!

Best wishes,
    Dave

Laura · Married on 10/21/2017

3.2
      3.0

We got some good photos but should have paid for two photographers instead of just one. David seemed rushed and unenthusiastic about being at our wedding. I feel like it shown through a lot of the photos.

Sent on 12/10/2017

Hi Laura,
    So sorry to hear you were less than excited about your photos. Your correspondence sugested that you were very happy with your photos “They are great! Thank you! ” I am a little perplexed with your review. I wish you would have contacted me. As I remember you were very rushed and members of your wedding party were late which did delay things. I am very enthusiastic about my work although your wedding did have several challeges including getting a wedding party of 23 people ready on 2 houseboats and the logistics of moving the wedding party and yourselves to a scenic area to shoot as you requested. There was little I could do since everything was done at a Marina and there was no where to really shoot a group that big. If there is anything I can do to make your experiance a better one please let me know.

As I remember you did not want the expense of a second photographer nore was there much room to work the number of guests, 2 videographers, and, I believe it was your niece all shooting pictures at the same time on a dock. I do feel I was in a rush to meet your timeline. I had little input into that. Please let me know what I can do to enhance your experiance and make your experience with me a better one. Dave