David Orr Photography Reviews

David Orr Photography 3
David Orr Photography 4
David Orr Photography 5
David Orr Photography 6

David, thank you so much for the fantastic photos from the wedding. You were easily able to understand our preferred styles and needs and nailed it! Great work from the start of the process through wedding day, we could not be more happy. Thanks again for the detailed care you took in shooting our wedding. You were highly recommended and now I can confimr it.

Sent on 03/12/2013

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thanks so much for the compliments! Our pleasure!

Sarah · Married on 10/12/2012

David and his wife were amazing!!! I am so critical of myself in photos, that I didn't buy the rights to our photos originally because I wasn't sure how many I would like. When I received the photos I couldn't believe how beautiful the pictures were. We have had so many people comment on what an amazing photographer we had. The only thing I would have done differently is have them there for longer so I would lave gotten more photos!!! Thats how good they were!!!

Sent on 12/27/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Sarah! You and Louis were a blast to work with! Happy New Year's to you and your families!

Megan · Married on 09/22/2012

If I could, I would give these guys far more than just 5 stars. Having David and his wife Amanda be the photographers at our wedding was one of the absolute best decisions we made. They were so professional and fun to work with from the very start of the planning stage through to the very end of the reception when they caught yet another classic shot of the day. Looking through the gallery of images from our wedding made me feel like I was reliving that day AND getting a glimpse into the moments that were happening all around us. They definitely captured those "must-have" shots of family and friends but they also had the creativity, forethought and perfect timing to get so many other great images -- the reflection in the mirror of the bride (that's me!) and her mom fixing her veil, the little details of the ceremony and reception decor, the laughter of the crowd after the parents' toasts, the list goes on! And after capturing all those moments, they did such a beautiful job of quickly putting together a gallery of images we're excited to share with everyone we know. In other words, these guys KNOW what they're doing. If we ever have another opportunity to have them be our photographers, we won't hesitate for a moment to hire them again. And in the meantime, we hope they will be fun, lifelong friends we get to keep hanging out with long after the wedding.

Sent on 10/15/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Megan and Kurt for trusting us with your wedding images! Working with you two was wonderful, and we're so happy to have gained new friends in the process! We look forward to photographing more of your big life events and spending quality time with you!

Rhiannon · Married on 06/08/2012

David and his wife were a dream come true throughout the entire wedding process!! I met with David multiple times before the wedding to discuss what shots we wanted and to create a timeline. Now when I say say "we" I really mean David because he had everything under control and running perfectly! I did not have to worry about a thing. On our wedding day David and his wife were so cheerful and a pleasure to be around on our special day! They were everywhere they needed to be but not intrusive at all, in fact I didn't realize they were there half the time but I know they were because of all the gorgeous pictures they captured! Our pictures came out beautiful!! We could not be happier! I am so grateful that we had David photograph our wedding and would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a professional photographer!

Sent on 09/10/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Rhiannon and Sean for trusting us to capture your wedding day! :) You were a joy to work with!

Amber · Married on 04/29/2012

We loved David (and his wife Amanda!), and his laid back nature. We used him for our engagement pics and were thrilled with the session and then the pics that came back. The day of the wedding, he was happy to attempt unique shots that we had requested. He and Chad (videographer) worked great together, and there never seemed to be any stepping on toes. We’ve seen the photog preview for our wedding so far and love what we’ve seen. We can’t wait to see the final product!

Sent on 05/26/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Amber and Jeff! You make our job fun!

Katherine · Married on 04/28/2012

I fell in love with David Orr Photography the second I looked at some of his work. I was introduced to him through Regale! and could not have made a better choice. He is open to any new ideas which is a plus in my book. My wedding party was running a little behind but he was flexible and professional and just went with the flow. I have such a large family and it can be difficult to get everyone to cooperate for family pictures……I wanted to yell at my family to listen and get it done (of course I didn’t) David was very patient and kind and I give him so many props for that. The photos turned out amazing! I have been getting nothing but compliments on all of them. I would definitely recommend David to anyone looking for a photographer.

Sent on 07/10/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Katherine and Nathan! We had a great time working and celebrating your wedding day with you!

Mercediez · Married on 02/24/2012

Once we met with David we knew he would be the perfect photographer for our wedding. David is very down to earth and always took what we wanted into consideration (the other photographers we met with did not). David made our engagement session and wedding day stress free and I am very impressed by his work. David and his wife are amazing to work with and I would recommend them to anyone!

Sent on 02/29/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Mercediez and Andrew!

Jaclyn · Married on 11/18/2011

We are so happy we chose David Orr Photography for our wedding photos. David and his wife, Amanda, were so great to work with. Everything went so smoothly with our photos. They were on schedule the entire time, which I loved. I have been to weddings that everything was running late because the photographer was not very time conscious. I didn't want my guests to be waiting forever to get the reception started. We got all the photos we wanted in the time we needed to get them in. David and Amanda worked together really well, bouncing ideas off of eachother for some really great poses and backgrounds. During the reception, David always seemed to be there to take photos of us with guests, and on the dance floor. He was never in the way, but always close by. I even asked him to take some photos of myself and some guests who's camera wasn't taking good photos in the dim lighting. He was right there to take care of it for us. Two days after our wedding, we already got an email with a preview of our wedding photos. I thought a preview would mean 15-20 photos, but there were about 130. I was so excited and the photos looked so beautiful! It is nice to have them to show people who couldn't attend the wedding, without having to wait for weeks. I can't wait to get the rest of the photos, and I know they will be amazing!

Sent on 12/07/2011

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Jaclyn and James for the wonderful compliments and taking the time to review us! We'll be in touch with the rest of your images soon!
  • Jaime

Jaime · Married on 10/08/2011

We booked David through our all-inclusive package with Regale at DC Ranch, and could not be more pleased. He and his wife Amanda are very good at what they do, and we barely noticed they were there the whole time. We've only seen our preview pictures so far, but they are AMAZING!! I can't wait to see our final package, and would highly recommend them for your wedding!!

Sent on 10/13/2011

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Jaime and Paul! We had such a great time working with you two and creating beautiful images! We'll be in touch with the rest soon!

Sunny · Married on 03/19/2011

My husband and I really enjoyed working with David for our wedding this year. The wedding pictures and memory book greatly exceeded our expectations. David was very professional and always responsive. He was never late on appointments or email inquiry. During the photo sessions, he allowed us to be ourselves and captures the best moments of the wedding. We highly recommend David Photography!

Sent on 12/08/2011

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Sunny and Jason for working with us to create beautiful images!

Leah · Married on 11/17/2007

David and Amanda are very professional, reliable, and quality photographers! They were very responsive and made themselves readily available throughout our entire wedding planning process. We barely noticed they were there during the wedding, but somehow they took great shots. The photo quality was excellent and we received our online proofs and our order quickly. They are also an amazing value for their services and photos. Overall a great experience!

Sent on 06/02/2008

Kendra · Married on 10/15/2016

Very nice team of photographers!

Sent on 01/09/2017

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Kendra and Sly, it was an honor to work with you on your wedding day!

Christopher · Married on 10/26/2012

David was incredible and did a fantastic job, he and his wife attempted to accommodate us in every way we wanted or needed. Took a little longer then expected to get our full gallery up, but it was the season of weddings, and we couldn't be happier. Highly recommend these 2 for your photographers.

Sent on 12/17/2012

Chris and Emily,
    Thank you so much, it was our pleasure! We truly had a great time capturing your wedding celebration. And thanks for allowing us the opportunity to create some unique images (i.e. the sparkler heart)! Happy holidays to you and your families!

Kristie · Married on 03/04/2012

David and his wife are very laid back and put you at ease. They have great ideas for great shots. Our photos turned out beautiful!

Sent on 03/16/2012

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Kristie and Tim!

Kim · Married on 03/02/2011

David Orr photographed our wedding April 2. He did a great job and was very flexible and patient. We had a large bridal party and large family to work with and a sick bride.

The only reason we were a little disappointed was because we did not get as many poses as we would have liked. I would have liked more ideas for different poses. Part of this was my fault because I was so sick to the point of almost throwing up in my wedding dress and they did not want to push me or upset me. It also delayed us in our timing. There are a few pictures I really wish we would have gotten. I think of little more creative poses or sites would have been nice but it was hard to get there with the time we had left.

They were very supportive and even gave me their own water when I was sick during photos.
    They got us our finished pictures very quickly and made it easy for guests to look them up and order prints. The pictures we did get were great pictures!

Thanks so much!
    Greg and Kim Grimes

Sent on 05/30/2011

Hi Kim and Greg,

Thanks so much for the honest feedback and for taking the time to post a review! We really enjoyed working with you two and your willingness to help us create some truly beautiful images!

There were definitely more poses and ideas we would have liked to try. Given the circumstances, we're happy that everything worked out so well and that we all adjusted accordingly.

We look forward to designing your Memory Book. If you need anything, just give us a call!

Talk to you soon,
    Dave and Amanda Orr

Heather · Married on 09/03/2017

Working with David was great. He really does everything you want.

Sent on 10/27/2017

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Heather and Tyler for trusting me with your wedding memories!
  • Neema

Neema · Married on 03/28/2015

We hired David to take photos of our special day. We had very specific shots that we wanted to capture and worked very closely with David and our wedding coordinator to make sure that our vision was realized. There were some glitches with timing and a few moments where we felt that the process could have gone smoother, but overall we were pleased with the results and would definitely recommend them to anyone looking for a wedding photographer. Thanks again! Neema & Shawn

Sent on 06/15/2015

David Orr Photography's reply:

Thank you Neema and Shawn for trusting us to document your wedding! We loved working with and getting to know you two!