David Gillette Photography Reviews

14 | Minturn, CO

14 Reviews for David Gillette Photography

14 David Gillette Photography Reviews

Jamiselle · Married on 08/07/2018

Super! Awesome! Love the fact that he gets it! He knows what you want and connects with your wishes without knowing much about you. It’s not about a business it’s a true connection. He loves the outdoors and he is very creative, flexible, patient, accommodating, respectful, and creative. Very innovative ways to do things through the lense to make the moment even more Special. Very happy to had the chance to work with David! 100% recommend!

David Gillette Photography 1

Anna · Married on 07/16/2017

We knew when we first looked at Dave's photos on his website that we wanted him to capture our perfect day, and that was confirmed when we met him and realized how much we enjoyed him as a person too. He was so easy to work with and we really enjoyed spending time with him during our engagement shoot and on our wedding day. He knows how to make people feel comfortable and bring out the best smiles. All of our guests kept telling us how much they enjoyed him! He was a welcome addition to our special day with family & friends. And of course, our photos turned out to be AMAZING! I have had so many people tell me they are the best wedding photos they've ever seen. And to top it off, he got them to us within 2 weeks, before we were even back from our honeymoon. We truly cannot recommend Dave enough! He's the best!

Meagan · Married on 04/22/2017

Absolutely the most stunning and incredible photos I have ever seen. We met David the day before our wedding and it was like we had been friends for years. He even made my guest feel the same! His pictures were out of this world and if I hadn't been there I would have thought the pictures weren't real. You can't go wrong with David. You will be blown away by his unbelievable talent!

Erin · Married on 11/06/2016

I don’t even know where to start, Dave is absolutely perfect. From the moment I saw his website, I knew that he had an eye for great photography. My husband and I do not live in Colorado, so our first communication was via email. We set up a call and Dave is so personable and easy-going, we knew he would be the best person to capture our special day. Dave was extremely responsive during the entire wedding planning process and made a point of making himself available during the short period of time that we were in Vail in June to meet with vendors. I have heard from many of my friends that they were not happy with their photographers the day of their wedding and felt like certain shots were missed. This is far from the truth with Dave. For being one person and shooting alone, I am in awe looking at the pictures and seeing all of the amazing shots he took. The portraits and family shots were amazing but I have to admit my favorite are the candid’s he took before the ceremony and during the reception. Dave literally was everywhere at once. My husband and I have both said multiple times that he is our best decision we made for being part the wedding, without him our pictures would not have been the same. Dave told a “story” of our wedding day and it is reflected in the portfolio. After the wedding, within a week Dave sent us “highlight” pictures – I figured that he would send me 10-15 pictures but there were so many!! It was so fun to look through them and share them with our families. He finished all 1000+ of our pictures within a month of our wedding, and he even took time off for his own honeymoon. I would not recommend anyone else but Dave to capture your wedding day, he is beyond worth it and it’s his images that you will get to see for the rest of your life.

Virginia · Married on 09/10/2016

David exceeded all of our expectations of a wedding photographer! Not only were the photos just absolutely stunning, he was so much fun to work with. We really wanted to our photos to reflect our relationship but how do you even begin to figure out what that means?! David nailed it - taking us skiing for our engagement photos and finding the most beautiful spots to shoot on our wedding day. We barely even noticed that he was snapping away and have even reflected on how the time when we got to be off taking photos right after the ceremony was really special and memorable. He managed 4 sets of parents/families with family photos, got amazing portraits of the two of us, and all the moments in between. Thank you, David!!

Lauren · Married on 09/26/2015

We couldn't have asked for a better photographer at our wedding. David Gillette is a professional and creative photographer who listens and artistically responds to the emotions of the couple. We were amazed with the way he was able to capture our joy and the true happiness of our friends and family. After meeting with David to discuss the details of our wedding, he drove over 4 hours to personally inspect the sites for our first look, portrait, ceremony and reception photos...and each location was perfect. A good photographer is one of the best investments you can make in your wedding, and David is an exceptional photographer who will exceed your expectations.

Hayley · Married on 09/19/2015

We loved having David as our wedding photographer! He made us and everyone in our party feel comfortable and at ease during the picture process and also made it fun and enjoyable. He interacted with the wedding party and was able to show professionalism but also felt apart of the day and was able to capture all the most memorable moments. Our pictures turned out great and we loved everything he captured about our wedding. There was nothing that he missed and he was very prompt and dedicated to his timelines. It was great meeting him before the wedding to go over what we wanted in our pictures and show him around the venues so he could direct us to where the best pictures would be. Overall, excellent!

Amy · Married on 09/12/2015

We loved working with David! He was always very quick to respond, easygoing, organized and fun to work with throughout the process. Prior to our wedding day, David visited the site to figure out the best spots for photos. I wanted to take pictures at a few locations and he scoped everything out to make sure we got the pictures that we wanted. We did not do engagement pictures so we were a little nervous to be in front of the camera at first, but David was great and made us feel very comfortable. He also worked with my MOH to ensure we kept to the timeline and that we were never rushed. Our photos turned out to be AMAZING! I'm so thankful that we had the opportunity to work with David and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for a great photographer!

Petr · Married on 07/09/2015

I cannot write better review on David's work than his photos do. What I can evaluate, is David's personality. He is super easy to work with, fast in communication (which went completely smoothly even though it was handled over Atlantic ocean), especially thanks to taking engagement photos a day before our wedding (on David"s proposal], we felt completely relaxed in his presence during our big day. He helped to tie my tie, he got us a jeep when a storm shut down a gondolla from the Vail mountain where we were having our ceremony. He did not only provide us amazing wedding photos, but also some great memories while being with him. Thank you again Dave.

Christina · Married on 09/13/2014

WOW! One word that encompasses David's work! I met David at a bridal show, and immediately knew he would be the perfect photographer to work with for our wedding..and I was more than right! David goes above and beyond with every step of the process. He traveled multiple times to Estes Park, CO where we were getting married and scouted the perfect locations for photos. He created an extremely helpful schedule to keep everything on time for photos the day of our wedding. He showed up early and left late and he was an absolute blessing to have at our wedding. He was extremely laid back and knew how to engage everyone.

The biggest mistake you could make would be to not hire David for any event that you are having!

Christina & Ben Abbey

Erica · Married on 07/26/2014

Dave is an absolutely fabulous photographer! Anyone that would decide to choose David Gillette to be the photographer for their wedding will not be disappointed. He is an easy going guy and wants to make sure that you get the type of photographs that you want. He makes you feel like family and is truly talented. I showed him different examples of photos that I wanted and he made sure to get them all! I would highly recommend doing your engagement shoot with him as well so you can begin to build a relationship with him. He was a trooper our entire wedding day from about 7am-11:30pm and captured it all! His turn around time for the wedding photos was super quick too. Ultimately, Dave loves what he does and it's easy to tell when you see his work!

Sydney · Married on 06/28/2014

Dave photographed our wedding this summer and he was absolutely amazing. He was professional, attentive and friendly. He was an absolute pleasure to work with and our guests LOVED him! He went above and beyond in every way and we feel so fortunate to have found him. We will be forever grateful to him for providing us with such amazing photos of our special day.
    If you are looking for the best wedding photographer in the Valley, this is your guy. I guarantee you will not be disappointed!

Erika · Married on 10/05/2013

If you are looking for someone who is creative, innovative, and a gem of a person, look no further than David! He was a delight to work with. We hired David to shoot our engagement photos and our wedding last fall. We trekked up to Piney Lake, an area north of Vail. He had an picked out some amazing spots for us to hike and enjoy the outdoors. The shots he got were breathtaking, we get so many comments, especially, the "you are so lucky, where did you find this guy?!" Our wedding day was just as amazing - he got every shot I dream't of and then some. David is hardworking and so amazing to work with, he will be our photographer for anything and everything! As a Concierge in the Vail Valley I recommend him to families looking for that special vacation photo, as well as to my friends. You cannot go wrong with David, he is the best at what he does, and he enjoys what he does, which makes him a true talent!

April · Married on 09/02/2013

David is an amazing photographer! He took the time to meet with us before the wedding to get to know us. He asked a list of pictures that I wanted and really delivered. He also took the time to scout picture locations out before the day. He was there from the getting ready until the very end! His pictures turned out amazing and we still are getting compliments on them. My husband made the comment that David was "the best decision that we made" in our wedding vendors. I would highly recommend him to everyone!