David England Photography Reviews

86 | Long Beach, CA

86 Reviews for David England Photography

Margot · Married on 06/04/2017

I had seen David's Instagram with samples of his work and I was immediately drawn to his photos. They are timeless. He was familiar with our venue for our special day which was another plus. During our initial conversation, his knowledge of the venue and lighting for the time of day for our special day was also very helpful! David was on time and was so great with our guests! We had so many compliments about him. Also at the end of the wedding he gave us a 4x6 album with pictures for us! Amazing!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Gabriela · Married on 06/03/2017

My fiancée and I could not be more happier using David England Photography! When it was time to take our pictures we didn't know where. We asked David and he told us about a couple of places. One of the places was the Mission San Juan Capristrano. We decided to take our pictures there and we loved the out come of the pictures. It was our first time taking professional pictures. We loved that he showed us how to pose and what to do next. He also askes us to do our on pose. We still had time so he asked us where we wanted to take pictures next. It was the great experiences we had. Loved that he was outgoing and was professional the whole time. He made taking pictures so much fun. David exceeded our expectations and we are forever grateful for memories he has captured.

Sent on 10/17/2016

Shrey · event on: 04/15/2017

David was excellent from start to finish. I did a surprise proposal for my now fiancé and David captured it beautifully. He even kept some time to do extra photos after and they came out perfect. He was very pleasant and extremely easy to work with. Having to pull off the proposal in Long Beach (I’m from Florida) was difficult to say the least, but it all came together perfectly. David was very prompt, and also worked with family to help set up the location. I highly recommend David for any type of event!

Sent on 05/08/2017

Shelley · Married on 04/02/2017

David was a consummate professional and a pleasure to work with before, during and after our wedding. He asked me in advance about any details he needed to know, arrived early to scout the location and even wore a tie that matched our color theme! Everyone enjoyed working with him and even my hair and makeup artist said he had "great energy!" Afterwards, I was even impressed how creatively he delivered our beautiful photos to us. I recommend giving David a call!

Sent on 05/21/2017

Amanda · event on: 03/19/2017

I contacted David online after reading wonderful reviews. He immediately provided his availability, a pricing brochure and relayed his familiarity with the area and our venue.

Within a week we had a sit down meeting with David and we discussed photo package options, pricing and our timeline. David was on time, friendly and informative. He allowed us to review more of his portfolio and we went over the timeline for the big day. He suggested photo opportunities prior to our vows and even explained "first look" options. He also inquired about family dynamics and took detailed notes about attendees and the photos we would like shot on our wedding day.

On the day of the engagement shoot, David arrived early to assess our location. He even scouted out cute little alcoves along Seal Beach's Main Street that provided an escape from the wind and shopping locals.

Within 90 minutes we had sauntered the street, explored the aforementioned alcoves and strolled the pier and beach. David sought out great lighting and backdrops, posed us and even prompted us a few times to get reactions for the camera.

David provided us about 20 teaser photos at the end our session and we were so pleased! The pictures were fantastic!

We received the remaining 200+ photos less than 48 hours later and they were just as amazing! We are in the process of ordering large prints for our home and I'm having a hard time deciding between my 65 favorites!

This, so far, has been the easiest and most rewarding part of our wedding planning journey. I'm so thankful for our beautiful engagement photos and I'm eager to see what photos the big day brings.

Sent on 03/28/2017

David · Married on 03/11/2017

I was just at a wedding over the weekend in Long Beach at "The Reef" where David England was the photographer. I have never seen a photographer so cool and collect during "stressful" and "you can't go back in time" moments. He seemed very sure of what he was doing and commanded the attention of the bridal party and the people at the wedding in a calm fashion, to get the pictures he needed. The way he posed the bride throughout the day was nothing short of a professional as he is clearly top notch. From what I have seen versus other weddings, David went above and beyond with his lighting set up and orchestration from the ceremony all the way until the end of the reception. I also noticed multiple assistants or second photographers that were working with him, and they had the whole wedding covered from all different angles. I would definitely recommend David to be your wedding photographer, he knows what he is doing and can be trusted to deliver the product that you are seeking for your wedding.

Sent on 03/17/2017

Bernice · Married on 03/11/2017

I already feel very lucky that I married an amazing man, but having David as our wedding photographer was an added bonus!!! From the first time I met David (who drove over 1 hour to meet me halfway), I knew he’s going to be great. I loved all his sample portfolios and I couldn’t wait for my own wedding. From that meeting, it got even better. I met him again once with my sister-in-law for a hotel walkthrough where I would be getting ready before the ceremony and another time with my brother and a few of my wedding party for the venue walkthrough. Everyone just had great feedback about his professionalism and how nice a guy he is! My brother (who is very particular and critical) was also impressed by David at their first meeting!

When my DOC quit three weeks before the wedding due to health reasons - David recommended a great replacement. Within 48 hours of the previous DOC quitting, we got a new and even more awesome DOC! I was so very relieved because I trusted David’s recommendation. Not only that, he asked the new DOC to go “as low as she can” to accommodate us and she did give us such a great deal. She even told us that she normally doesn’t accept clients right away, but since David vouched for us, she accepted us right away.

THE BEST THING EVER: My husband and I have big families and we had a big wedding party so we contracted David for 2 photographers to make sure we cover everyone and everything. But David already had considered the size of our party and gave us the greatest SURPRISE gift ever: he gave us a THIRD photographer for FREE! Everyone had such a great time doing photo shoots with David's Team! We also got lots of SAME DAY prints for FREE (worth over $300 from his package)!

Thank you for everything that you did, David! We feel so lucky!

Sent on 03/20/2017

Sarah · Married on 03/04/2017

I have booked David on several gigs now and he has always been a very easy vendor to deal with. He is super friendly, responsive, takes very organic photos and puts brides and guests at ease. I would not hesitate to book him again. Thanks David! :)

Sent on 03/24/2017

Adrian · event on: 12/10/2016

David England and his team have been doing our company Christmas party for the past few years, and they never disappoint, which is why we keep calling them back. They're SO professional, friendly, and fun to be around. They find a way to capture every moment at its best. They know how to make guest feel comfortable, which is great, because not everyone likes a camera in their face. Yet they seem to capture everyone and every moment perfectly. They also work extra hard and fast to deliver pictures in a timely manner. I would definitely recommend David and his team, and I'm really looking forward to next year’s party.

Sent on 12/14/2016

Amber · event on: 11/29/2016

This is the 4th time we used David for our family photos. He again over delivered! We are that annoying couple that wants our dogs to be in our family photo. So we have a 1.5 year old toddler and 2 uncooperative dogs for him to wrangle...he does it perfectly! I can't even begin to explain the patience it takes to pull this off! We were literally running at one point trying to get even one good shot of all of us! David doesn't lose patience, in fact he never even seems annoyed! He just smiles and makes the best of the situation and we always get great shots that are lifelong gems! I also love that he is able to instantly send the photos to our phones. When he has a nice shot, we get to see it and share it instantly. It's an awesome perk! Along with the wonderful service he is not over-priced. There is never one negative thing about our experiences. We are always so pleased!

Sent on 01/31/2017

Lisa · Married on 11/19/2016

I got married on November 19, 2016. David England Photography captured all my memories from my special day. David was fun, attentive, and very professional. The pictures are absolutely beautiful and very good quality shots. Thank you for all the wonderful memories I have through your photography. If you are looking for a good photographer, David England Photography is the photographer to choose.

Sent on 12/21/2016

Matt · Married on 11/13/2016

If you're on the fence about deciding whether or not to use David for any of your photography needs, just do it! You won't be disappointed.

My fiancé and I found David through an open house event at our wedding venue (tivoli too) and we are so glad we did. We instantly hit it off with him and booked our wedding, engagement shoot, and even a Mother's Day shoot with him.

David is professional and cool, calm, and collected all at the same time. I was most impressed with his attention to detail. He remembers EVERYTHING. I mention I don't want something in the shoot or vice versa and he absolutely makes sure that does or doesn't happen.

Also, David's communication is very efficient. These days it's so hard to get someone to give their word AND keep it. He's that man.

I highly recommend him. Thanks David!

Sent on 06/08/2016

Christina · Married on 11/11/2016

David England is amazing!!! Not only is he a phenomenal photographer but he's so kind and genuine, too! I spoke with many photographers before we hired David. I really had a hard time connecting with many of them. Some photographers didn't even return my call. David was prompt, polite and quick to respond. During our event, he helped organize all of the family pictures and made it easy for us. Then, once we got to view the finished product, I have to say that we were blown away!! His photography is ART!!! It's so much better than other photography that I've seen at my friend's wedding!!

Use David England and you will not be sorry!!! :-)

Sent on 03/24/2017

Sara · Married on 11/05/2016

My fiancé and I have chosen to be married on a Hornblower Yacht in Newport Beach. Our wedding coordinator provided us with a list of their preferred photographers. We were able to view each photographer's photo books and we found that the style and creativity of one photographer really stood out to us, David England Photography. The individuals in his photographs looked so at ease and not specifically "posed". They simply looked like they were enjoying themselves and he just happened to be there to catch it all on film. Once we met David face-to-face, we knew then, he was our photographer. We booked David to handle our engagement photos and we immediately felt that "at ease" feeling that we saw in others' pictures right away and our pictures were truly fantastic! Our photo shoot was so much fun and he captured our happiness perfectly. It was also great that he could give us tips that we will remember and use on our wedding day. We are beyond excited that our wedding date is approaching and we both know we are in good hands with David and are confident our photographs will again reflect the excitement of the day and our love for one another. I would highly recommend David England!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Christopher · Married on 10/16/2016

The day of my wedding went by so quick. Much of it was a blur. David England Photography captured so many special moments, that helped me piece together our story through his photographs. He is friendly, personable, and unobtrusive. He didn't disturb the flow of our wedding, yet somehow he captured everything without us feeling like we were being photographed. Our guests and family members were impressed with his professionalism and work. I now know why he has so many reviews 5 star reviews. If you're looking for a trustworthy professional, who's fun to work with, that produces gorgeous photos, look no further! David and his team were worth every penny. I will do business with him in the near future!

Sent on 12/16/2016

Kathryn · Married on 10/15/2016

David was a pleasure to work with! We decided to work with him as he is a preferred vendor for Hornblower Cruises (the company we held our wedding through) and therefore he is familiar with the unique challenges that come with having a wedding on a boat. He was also aware of the short time span of our event, and was willing to be flexible in order to accommodate however many (or few) posed pictures with family, bridal party, etc., that we wanted to take in the short amount of time that we had. And the best part was, he got the pictures back to us FAST. We were anticipating having to wait several weeks or even months to get our pictures back, as most of our friends have had to do from their weddings,but we had a package in the mail from David with all of our pictures on a flash drive waiting for us by the time we got back from the honeymoon! And the pictures are beautiful, I can't stop looking at them! Thank you David!!!

Sent on 10/26/2016

Gabriela · event on: 10/09/2016

Sent on 10/17/2016

Tracy · Married on 10/07/2016

I can't say enough good things about our photographer David England. If I could give him ten stars I would. Everyone needs this photographer on their wedding day. I had heard he was an exceptional photographer and his pictures on yelp were magical, but he truly blew us away with his such exquisite work. My wife and I had decided to meet him and find something we could afford. One thing I've learned about weddings is that you CANT go cheap on the photographer. David showed us his photo packages and explained in detail what we would be getting. We took some time to decide, but after about a month we chose David. It was the best decision we made for our wedding day. David, without being told showed up to our venue at the rehearsal dinner to get a layout of the grounds as well as to explain to our bridal party where he'd be taking their photos. Everyone was in love with him right away. He has a very kind gentle approach about him. The next day he arrived on time to the place we were all getting ready, as the venue didn't have a room there for us to utilize. He took what seemed like hundreds of photos of my girls and I getting ready. I had no idea, but he decided to hire two other gentlemen to help with photos and lighting for the day. He was patient the entire day. I loved seeing his vision come alive in the photos. My wife and I are looking forward to seeing the rest of the photos he captured that day. He did send us a sneak peak of about six photos which are already our profile pictures on Facebook. I can't thank David enough for his wonderful work and dedication to photography.

Sent on 10/11/2016

Kristina · Married on 10/07/2016

Look no further David England Photography is who you want for the job! David and his crew did a hands down PHENOMENAL job photographing my wedding. All I have are "teaser" photos and boy oh boy I can't wait to get the rest of them!! He really has a talent for capturing your most precious moments and does it with such grace, style, and courtesy. Not to mention he has been doing this a long time (10+ years I believe he said). This is your guy! Prior to hiring we met with him and right off the bat we knew he was who we wanted. We met with other photographers, just to be sure and nobody even came close to impressing us as much as David did. He listens to what it is you're looking for and explains his style and technique in order to make it happen.
    During the wedding, he hustled the whole time, START TO FINISH. Any time we had an idea or needed him he was all for it and did whatever he needed to make it happen. He was so patient with us and our bridal party the entire time; NOT ONCE did he become frustrated or overwhelmed as I've seen many other photographers do at events.
    We can't thank him enough for capturing our timeless moments. Seriously, put your confidence in David England Photography!

Sent on 10/12/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/11/2016

David is an amazing Photographer. His interest was about what I wanted . His advise iis always on point. The outcome was more then I could have dreamed off. My wedding pictures are so beautiful, can't stop looking at them!

Davids professional experience meant so much to me and my husband! His number is saved in out contacts!

Sent on 10/30/2016

Jen · event on: 08/12/2016

My fiancé and I just had our engagement photos taken by David at the Claremont Colleges and we had an incredible time! We are not exactly 'picture people' and David made us feel so comfortable and relaxed that we were able to be ourselves, and ended up having a lot of unexpected fun during our session (which completely transpired in the photos). He worked with us to create out of the box poses and angles utilizing various architectural and landscaping elements, as well as free-standing art pieces that we came across on the campus, which resulted in an end product that was nothing short of beautiful! David is skilled, prompt, personable and professional. We got some of our photos back on the same day as the session, and our entire gallery back in less than a week! Honestly, our engagement photos came out so much better than we could have ever expected. We have received countless complements on how gorgeous, natural and incredibly happy we come across in our pictures and we completely attribute it to David being able to capture us at our best! We would recommend David to anyone in a heartbeat! Once again, thank you David for taking part and capturing such a special time in our lives!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Amanda · Married on 07/16/2016

David was so much fun to work with! We had an initial call with him and were sold immediately! He was quick to respond to our questions and the day of the wedding was amazing! He's very aware of all lighting, time, and the overall surrounding of our wedding, which you could really see in the photos! We were on a boat and he new the moment for the perfect photo every time! I would HIGHLY recommend David England. His assistant the day of was equally amazing! We seriously can't thank them both enough!

We also got the photos a lot sooner than we expected as well..so triple the brownie points there.

Sent on 08/07/2016

Andrew · event on: 07/13/2016

Our son recently hired David England Photography to capture the special moment of his marriage proposal on the Santa Monica Pier. The shoot included several “stealth” photos without the future bride’s knowledge, as well as an array of beautifully posed and expertly lit portraits after she said, “Yes!”. The resulting images are amazing and fully capture the excitement of the couple’s engagement to share with family and friends.

Equally as impressive to me is Mr. England’s business model for distributing his images. He has an attractive and functional web site that makes image selection easy, and he also has a very fair pricing model for full resolution digital downloads. I have been frustrated with other photographers who try to force me to buy more prints than I need, just to get the digital versions.

I enthusiastically recommend David England Photography to capture lasting memories of your special event.

Sent on 09/09/2016

Victoria · Married on 06/25/2016

David is a gifted photographer. We're extremely pleased with his professionalism, creativity and the end result.
    He was able to capture really beautiful moments that only come with years of experience. We'll cherish our beautiful photos over the years ahead.

Sent on 07/18/2016

Millicent · Married on 05/14/2016

David was flexible and worked very hard for his money! We hired him and a colleague to work our wedding. We have some preliminary photos, which are amazing! We're confident the rest of the photos will be just as beautiful! David was recommended highly by our venue (they've had the opportunity to see how many photogs work and all recommend him highly). One of our venue coordinators recommended him to her brother and another coordinator commented that if she had to do it again, she would have used his services!

Sent on 05/30/2016