Dave Miyamoto & Company Reviews

Dave Miyamoto & Company 3
Dave Miyamoto & Company 4
Dave Miyamoto & Company 5

Kathleen · Married on 09/28/2012

Dave Miyamoto & Company Photography is a company that I would recommend to everyone who's planning on getting married in Hawaii! Dave, as well as his wife, Michelle, were very responsive, flexible and very friendly, and of course, the quality of Dave's work is impeccable. Dave did our engagement shoot, as well as photography for our wedding, and all the images were perfect! We couldn't be happier that we chose Dave Miyamoto to cover our wedding. We really got our money's worth, and we will forever cherish the moments that Dave captured during our special day!

Sent on 10/19/2012
  • Wendeljean

Vicki · Married on 04/10/2012

Wow!! Dave and Michelle Miyamoto are fantastic. We had our wedding vows renewed on the beach of Waikiki at 8am. Dave took absolutely beautiful photos and we had fun, a lot of fun. Michelle is fantastic so full of the Aloha Spirit and helpful. We had a split session and met Dave and Michelle on the North Shore in the evening for Sunset Photos, just beautiful. We have wonderful memories and photos and new Ohana (family) in Dave and Michelle, to help us remember the recommittment we made to each other. Thank you Dave and Michelle.

Sent on 05/04/2012

Guy · Married on 11/05/2011

Dave and his assistant took the most amazing photos at our wedding. He kept me smiling for 7 hours(which is hard to do when you don't like having your photo taken). I would highly recommend using him for any event you have planned.

Sent on 11/21/2011

Lora · Married on 06/21/2011

We are absolute fans of Dave and Michelle Miyamoto!!! They are the most friendly, efficient, warm and talented husband/wife team. I was planning our destination from Los Angeles, and Michelle made the entire process painless. She responded to my emails immediately, and everything was done in the most professional fashion. Did I mention how much we LOVED our photos and slide show? The wedding photos were delivered to us 2 days after the wedding, and we received the wedding slide show a week after we arrived home (and that's because this picky bride wanted to sort through the 1000 photos Dave took of our wedding, otherwise, we would have gotten it faster). In all, we would highly recommend Dave & Michelle Miyamoto, you will not regret it!!

Sent on 07/10/2011

Kelsey · Married on 02/25/2011

It was actual a trash the dress photo shoot. He was creative, fun, and laid back. We loved our time with him and him! he stayed with us the mjority of the day too! We have enjoyed the photos too! You wont be dissappointed.

• prlady

Margo · Married on 10/12/2010

My only question...who WOULDN'T hire Dave to be their photographer?! Not only is he SUPER talented but he is simply an AMAZING person. From the moment you meet him and experience the warm smile and his Hawaiian vibe...you will immediately relax knowing he and his team will take fabulous care to photograph your event. Weddings are stressful in and of themselves, but Dave brings a sense of professionalism and fun that is unmatched by any others I have seen. My family and friends RAVED about what a great guy he and his assistant John were. The best part...I didn't always know he was there. He is able to take those intimate photos we all want...without ruining the moment for you and your guests. I would hire him again..in a heartbeat! Oh and his wife Michelle...AWESOME!! Make sure you book Dave..you wont regret it :)

Sent on 10/16/2011

Judy · Married on 06/12/2010

Dave & Co are the best photographers you can ask for.

Mari · Married on 02/19/2010

Dave Miyamoto and Co (including wonderful Michelle), absolutely ROCK. My husband and I got married on Oahu, but planned our wedding from California. From the moment we met Dave and Michelle, we were happy. They were laid back, honest and committed in understanding what we wanted from a photographer. We got married at the Halekulani, and although the backdrop was amazing, Dave and John seemed to capture everything (even the small tears down my face).

Their turn around time with the photos and their touch-up capability far exceeded anything expected. They sent a beautiful album and all of our family and friends constantly make comments about their wonderful photos.

The photos, their commitment to their clients, and their overall personalities are incredible. We highly recommend their services! Thanks Dave and Michelle for capturing our moment, which we will cherish forever! Mahalo, Barry and Mari

Sent on 05/06/2010
  • Nicholson Shannon

Shannon · Married on 02/13/2010

Dave and John are the two coolest most awesome photographers you could ever want!!!
    You need to book him! I am only just going through the photos and he captured everything we missed! Singing, dancing, the awesome food and true emotion of our day!
    Dave and Michelle answered every crazy phone call and question I had. I planned my wedding from the UK, and he let me call at whatever time I was available even thought it was an 11 hour time difference! He also booked me in and changed my appointment with an hours notice for my pre shoot! (Which ladies you should totally have!)
    He knows the best locations and times of day for shoots, and truly never ever gets a bad photograph! And John is so much fun too! My friends think they are two of the most fun people you could have attend your wedding, let alone work one!

And the price is great!! He even did an extra photo album so we could show our friends in the UK who couldn't fly out!

In April I went out to try and find vendors, and Cake Lava suggested for a fun and real look to my wedding that I should use Dave. I am sooo appreciative. I have some of the beautiful shots of our wedding because of Dave! He truly is the best!
    Thanks guys!

Sent on 03/12/2010

Monica · Married on 05/26/2009

Dave and his crew are super talented and just a lot of fun to work with. I think the quality of his work speaks for itself..as the old saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words so just browse through his galleries and you'll see just how wonderful of a photographer he is. Michelle and Dave were super accommodating throughout the process, from when we first came to speak with them to the very last interaction. And Dave and crew were fantastic during the D day itself..professional, on time, laid back, creative and fun! Everything you'd ever want from a wedding photographer!

Nana · Married on 05/17/2008

We enjoyed having Dave photograph our wedding. He was very friendly and professional. He knew all the right locations and how to get the most natural photos of us and our wedding party. We appreciated that he made sure we got all the shots we wanted that evening even though things ran late.

Sent on 05/23/2008

Kristine · Married on 06/14/2005

Dave is extremely professional and has an amazing eye for capturing the special moments of your event. He is cost effective and responsive to questions/concerns.

Anna · Married on 10/03/2009

Dave and his assistant John were extremely easy to work with. He's extremely responsive when it comes to answering my questions and returning email and voice mail messages. He has a very laid back attitiude, and I think that helped our wedding party feel comfortable in front of him. Dave's photography prices are very competitive, and you get what you pay for. If you're looking for very good photos that capture your wedding, then Dave is great.

Sent on 10/22/2009

Great! Dave and his team were great! We got lots of good pictures. Definitely a good experience and would recommend them for friends' weddings and events.

Sent on 10/22/2015

Gina · Married on 02/28/2015

4.2
      3.5

Dave is a wonderful guy, and extremely professional. He created some fantastic shots for us, and we got more than a few beautiful photographs that we will treasure forever. He's also really knows how to best use the light, and does a good job in staging photographs to take advantage of the light and natural scenery. He is definitely more a "staged" photographer though, and a lot of our photographs ended up looking very posed/stock photo-like. the husband and I prefer a more natural look, so wasn't super happy about this. However, I chalk that up more to our failure to communicate that to Dave than as a reflection of his work because he did take some more natural action/event shots that came out beautifully.

Sent on 04/07/2015

3.6
      1.0
      2.0

We used Dave for our wedding at the Outrigger reef on the beach on Sept 8th, 2012. I had done some research and saw his web page, everything looked great! I asked the person at the hotel to book him. Him and his assistant were very friendly and there was no issues the day of the wedding. We received a disk of all of our photos the next day and I was very excited to go through them only to realize.... He had taken 50 photos of my groom and his family and 2 with me and my family! The photos of my groom and his family didn't have me in them, I was told " I could go away while he takes them". I thought this was strange at the time but brushed it off. As a photographer, your job is to find out who the family members are and make sure you get the right people in the photos. I wish I would have made a list for him, it would have made things straight forward and I would have had more photos taken with my family.

Sent on 12/02/2012

Dave Miyamoto & Company's reply:

Aloha Kylee,

We certainly appreciate your feedback above based on your wedding day photos ( 9.8.12). Dave and I ( Michelle - General Mgr.) reviewed your photo session in our archives the moment we received the WeddingWire review. Dave and Assistant Paula were happy to capture such a beautiful day for you.

In reviewing the shoot from start to finish, Dave and Paula captured what was their "standard" shot list, as they do for all weddings, according to groupings, timing of coverage purchased, family, bridal party, friends, extended family, and photos of you and your husband alone on the beach. All were absolutely lovely :)

Dave makes it a point to ask out loud at the end of his session, "is there any other shots to be taken, that I need to photograph before we are finished?"....Again - this is a standard procedure, as Dave was not provided a separate shot list from a Coordinator, or Family Member at all.

Being that this was a direct booking through Outrigger, and it was not a conventional booking with us directly ( in which in that case - a pre wedding consult would have taken place as another standard procedure), Dave and Paula shot what normally they shoot for any important Event, and Wedding.

Please note that the package itself only included (1) photographer. But to enhance the perspective, Dave brought along our 2nd shooter Paula, at no charge to you.

We certainly hope your wedding day was a wonderful experience. Again - we enjoyed working with you, and we loved your images as well, as you all were a wonderful group. We wish you all the best..! :)

If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact us directly at : infodmc@hawaii.rr.com

Aloha ,