35 Reviews for Dave Macklin Band

Cocktail Hour (2)
Ceremony (1)
Instrumentals (1)
27 Dave Macklin Band Reviews

DMB was tremendous in helping us plan our wedding reception, and in playing three unbelievable sets for us and our guests. We can't wait to go see them again, and hire them too if we have the opportunity. Couldn't have asked for better music or played by a better group.

Profile Picture Niko, 9/9/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band played for my wedding on Sept. 3, 2017 they were fantastic, so many people came up to us and called after wedding asking the name of band and to say how they were so good. Their voices and songs were as good as you would ever here in any band. Irene was great to deal with, always getting right back to you when you had a question. I highly recommend this band to anyone, you will be so happy you had them play at any event. I really can't say enough about them they were truly amazing. Andrea

Profile Picture Andrea, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

Dave Macklin Band is amazing!!! They were very interactive with our friends and family and had everyone on their feet dancing all night!!! They played a variety of songs including opera, funk, reggae, all the way to hip hop!!! We could not have been happier with the band!! We are very thankful to have chosen such a fun group that was ready to have a good time!

Profile Picture Jacquilyn, 8/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Band
Services Used: Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel, Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System

Dave Macklin Band MADE our wedding day! Working with Irene was easy - she was very responsive and flexible with our needs. I asked for the band to provide sound at our outside ceremony and they went out of their way to accommodate our requests. They had everyone dancing from start to finish! I still have people asking me where I found them! Worth every penny we saved for them! I couldn't have been happier with the amazing dance music they chose to play. Each musician was extremely talented and skilled. If you're reading this and shopping for the best wedding or event band, look no further! DMB is the BEST!

Profile Picture Kristen, 6/30/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band
Services Used: Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Learning New Songs, Music During Breaks, Reception, Vocals, Willing to Travel

Just go ahead and book them right now- it will be the best decision you make! The Dave Macklin Band played at my wedding this past weekend and completely MADE the party. From the beginning they were easy to work with, attentive, and even learned special songs for us. You will not find a better wedding band and we will definitely hire them again and again for other parties. Our guests raved about the band and we are still getting compliments about them days later. They had the crowd dancing all night. We can't wait to see them again!

Profile Picture Andrea , 6/24/17, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin hands down is the best band around!! I hire them 1 month before my wedding date 6.23.17 for cocktail hour and they were on it. One week before my wedding the person who was suppose to sang my song A moment like this told me she could not any more. The Dave Macklin Band step right up and sang my song!! My wedding by far was the best wedding I ever been too!! And all thanks to the Dave Macklin Band!! I would so hire them again!! Love this band they had my cocktail hour live!!

Profile Picture Tamisha, 6/23/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

HIRE THIS BAND FOR YOUR WEDDING. They were absolutely amazing to work with, even learning brand new songs to perform for our first dances. But on top of that, they are INCREDIBLY talented. We are both musicians (and many of our friends/family are as well) so our standards were really high, and they did not disappoint! From the singers to every instrumentalist, I've never heard a better wedding band. The dance floor was packed all night and everyone was singing along. Their set list was perfect. Their charisma was awesome. The Dave Macklin Band MADE our wedding -- thanks to them for an incredible experience!!!

Profile Picture Sarah, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Microphones, Sound/PA System, Learning New Songs, Reception

Excellent service, very professional, fun people and great music

Profile Picture Evangelos, 12/2/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

I HIGHLY recommend Dave Macklin Band to any couple looking for entertainment for their wedding!! Irene was super responsive when I initially contacted her with questions and was SO easy/ flexible to work with during the entire planning process. I went to see the band live at one of their events prior to my wedding and was blown away by how talented they were and how they literally had the entire restaurant on their feet dancing the entire night! Of course, they had my entire wedding party on the floor dancing the very first song they played and every guest is still contacting us to let us know how amazing the band was. They made our wedding the night the most memorable night of our lives and played the perfect mix of music for every age. They even learned multiple Sam Cooke songs for our special dances just for our wedding!

Dave Macklin Band is the best band in the Northeast and I recommend every couple to book them for their wedding entertainment!

Profile Picture Mimi, 10/22/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

I saw this band Dave Macklin Band at the Scallop festival I stood all the way in the back and could not leave as each song was delivered like no other band and Vocalist. Lets talk about the Vocalist AMAZING. Dave Macklin 'You'll never find" just like the song. The Male singer from Bermuda is definitely a DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH I have seen many bands over the years and this young man from Bermuda repertoire was IMPRESSIVE his ability to sound just like the recording was mouth dropping but when he did PAVAROTTI I called my husband who is a booking agent for Florida High End Clubs he was impressed from what he heard over the phone. I am hoping he would be in touch the DMB soon. This band NEED TO BE TOURING THE WORLD!! I encourage any bride to book this band. They deliver a Stadium Performance and such humble singers. Voice like the lead singer you think he be big headed NOPE the most humble man with a voice a gold. DAVE MACKLIN BAND SKY IS THE LIMIT!!!!

Profile Picture User7250510, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band was amazing. They worked with us to play the kind of music we wanted and definitely delivered. They got almost every single person on the dance floor for the entire night. We had such a fun wedding and so much of it was because we had great music.

Profile Picture Caroline, 9/3/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

DMB rocked! We were 100% satisfied. Our guests were raving about this group of talented performers and the dance floor was packed all night. From the initial quote to the special night, we felt assured we were in good hands and confident the band would deliver. The band added a killer horn section and navigated the cape cod traffic to be ready to rock on time for our Friday night party. Their range of songs and funky style can't be beat. I would recommend DMB to anyone and everyone.

Profile Picture Matthew, 8/26/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

Dave Macklin Band performed at my elegant birthday event and they were spectacular! The band played the music I recommended, engaged the crowd, and kept the party lively from beginning to end. I would definitely recommend The Dave Macklin Band for any event. They truly catered to my needs!!!

Profile Picture Aishia, 2/20/16, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band was outstanding. Our guests were dancing all night, and the energy level of the reception was off the charts, all thanks to the band. During and after the wedding our guests could not stop complimenting the band and how great they were. Prior to the wedding, DMB worked with us to finalize details regarding song choices and requested music. Seriously, we cannot recommend them enough, hire this band if you are looking for a great event!

Profile Picture Matthew, 9/19/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Dave Macklin Band was absolutely AMAZING. There were three things that meant the most to us for our wedding: food, drinks, and a great PARTY!! We LOVE to dance- so finding an amazing and affordable band was important to us, but was an overwhelmingly difficult task- especially planning a wedding from 16 hours away! Once I heard Gisela's voice on their website- I KNEW they were high quality- anyone that can sing (and sing well) Whitney Houston HAS to be good. And she was!! Talk about a powerhouse!!!! Absolutely amazing. DMB ROCKED our dance floor!!!!! EVERYONE was dancing- my 92 year old uncle to my 12 year old cousin.. They played everything we asked for- and were absolutely spot on with the break tracks- they MCd the event- and the flow was incredible! I was afraid of a choppy run of the mill wedding- and this was far from that!! So relaxed and fun. They even learned jesses girl for us- a suprise for my hubby when they handed him he mic and brought us on stage! It was incredible. Irene is so easy to work with, and they worked with us on an affordable rate. We are 3 months out from our wedding and are STILL getting comments on the band!!! They rival- and are truly better- than many $6-10,000 bands out there!!!! They seriously MADE our entire wedding. I would recommend them over and over!!!! Thank you DMB for making our wedding absolutely amazing!

Profile Picture Kimberly, 8/1/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band was extremely professional from start to finish. Any changes that I had, right up to last minute details, they delivered. They sure know how to get the party started!!! Everyone at the reception was on the dance floor DANCING, like the way it should be!!!! I would hire them again in an instant!!! Thank You, We all had a blast!!!

Profile Picture Geri, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

Absolutely wonderful! Everyone was dancing all night. They really brought and kept up the energy up! Very easy to communicate with. Very professional.

Profile Picture Kelley, 7/11/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

My man Dave and his crew rocked our wedding. Our guest were blown away by the quality of the music. They played rock, blues, funk, soul and reggae. Thanks for coming out to the island. Sharon and I will see you soon

Profile Picture Hugh, 6/27/15, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band was absolutely perfect for our summer wedding! We held it at the Atlantic Inn on Block Island and they did an awesome job getting over on the ferry way ahead of schedule and setting up with plenty of time leftover. Their music was off the hook, providing us with reggae, funk, and hits from all sorts of decades/genres. We provided the band with a songlist we wanted played based off of what they provided on their website and everyone was dancing and grooving the whole time. So many people raved about them and asked us more information about them. And they came at such a reasonable cost (considering how many other expenses you have for a wedding - I've seen bands just as great as them who require double the payment!!) Irene, the manager was so very easy to work with - we will recommend them to everyone we know!!! Thanks guys, you are awesome :)

Profile Picture Sharon, 6/27/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin band is amazing! They provided none stop music for my wedding and we partied all night! This band can sing and play all different types of music from R&B, Funk, Pop, Rock, and can bring you back with old school songs. It was great to have a live band for my wedding reception! If your looking for a great band for your ever book this band!!!!

Profile Picture Gayle, 10/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

Awesome Band ! Truly a class Act and had everybody rocking to their Awesome style of Music !
Not only did they get everyone to the dance floor from grandmas to little ones, they kept everyone there for the whole night. Loved their mix of song selections, it was perfect.They also did a stellar job with the announcements we requested and accommodated all of our last minute changes and requests.
This is the band you want to hire for your next event!!!!

Profile Picture Sally, 9/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

When someone mentions our wedding, they first mention the beautiful bride. Then, they always follow up with "THE BAND WAS AWESOME!"

A 20 year musician myself, I can't say one bad thing about them. All other wedding bands I've seen, they put to shame in an enormous.

I recommend them to anyone with a general liking towards soul, RB, blues, gospel and rock n roll.

Book 'Em Danno!

Profile Picture Jerome, 7/20/14, 1 Review
Category: Band

We still get compliments over a year later! Not only were there song choices spot on and fun but the whole band was amazingly talented! Best decision of our reception!

Profile Picture Matt and Carrie, 8/10/13, 1 Review
Category: Band

The Dave Macklin Band provided music for our reception that was extremely entertaining and professional. Every song that we requested as a special selection was executed very well and to our delight. We couldn't have been more pleased with their overall presentation. I highly recommend the Dave Macklin Band for any function for which you may need live, entertaining, high energy music. They are your pick!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/15/12, 1 Review